Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 17:11   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@nkrishnap: I think mine (FTA t-jet plus) might be the last, expecting delivery by Saturday
If you can confirm the date of billing at the factory I can confirm if your car is the last one? But as far as I am aware my friends car was billed last. Will check again though.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 4th September 2012 at 17:12.
Old 4th September 2012, 22:26   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@nkrishnap: I think mine (FTA t-jet plus) might be the last, expecting delivery by Saturday
expecting my FTA Tjet+ this weekend as well! Whatever def one of the last of the tjets. Hope Fiat relaunches with the new updates (not GC though)
Old 5th September 2012, 09:21   #948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvmanoj View Post
expecting my FTA Tjet+ this weekend as well! Whatever def one of the last of the tjets. Hope Fiat relaunches with the new updates (not GC though)
Actually the last of 3 the Tjet+ were billed on the same day. Now it depends on the date of delivery rather than when it left factory.

Or the lucky last one must loaded last into the trailer
Old 6th September 2012, 19:51   #949

a very frustating first 5000km report of my Fiat linea mjd 2012

We have purchased a new Fiat Linea Emotion tuscan wine on 30-May-2012. This is our second car from Fiat family first one being a Fiat Punto MJD. We are very happy with Punto and it forced us to go for a second car from Fiat family.

We took the delivery of the vehicle from Coastal Automobiles Rajahmundry. On the day of the delivery I noticed a sound as soon as we cross 40kmph and I reported the same to the sales guys. I was told that the sound was due to the new tyres and the problem would be rectified after I clock a few kilometers.

The sound still persisted and I have taken it again to the dealer. The service engineer informed me that the sound was due to a faulty bearing and that need to be replaced, and the required bearing was not available at the service center. I was told that they will put up an order and notify me as soon as the part is delivered to them. It’s almost one month till date and I haven’t heard from them. I tried reaching them today and to my shock I was told that the order was not even placed.

I have been regretting my decision to buy Fiat Linea every time I step into my car. The sound that we get to hear is almost similar to a turbo prop aero plane. It’s very frustrating that a problem crops up in your new car and even more frustrating is the fact that the issue does not get rectified. I am even worried about the cascading effect the faulty bearing would have on other parts of the car. I am still worried as to how to deal with this problem.

I feel i am lucky because I did not have any issues with my Punto. I think next time i should take an automobile expert with me even when I go to buy a new car.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:24   #950
BHPian

Re: a very frustating first 5000km report of my Fiat linea mjd 2012

dear ashwini sorry to learn that you were short changed or rather conned at the service centre.You need to shoot a mail to higher up in the fiat hierarchy.To start with intimate Mr. Pritish dash at pritish.dash@fiapl.com
DOnt loose heart ,fiat guys do respond to customers woes at least I have learnt this in my various encounters .The culprits are the service centre who dont stock the products or spares which are slow moving and hence they put orders on need basis.
regards
praveen singh
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwiniRaghav View Post
We have purchased a new Fiat Linea
Emotion tuscan wine on 30-May-2012. This is our second car from Fiat family first one being a Fiat Punto MJD. We are very happy with Punto and it forced us to go for a second car from Fiat family.

We took the delivery of the vehicle from Coastal Automobiles Rajahmundry. On the day of the delivery I noticed a sound as soon as we cross 40kmph and I reported the same to the sales guys. I was told that the sound was due to the new tyres and the problem would be rectified after I clock a few kilometers.

The sound still persisted and I have taken it again to the dealer. The service engineer informed me that the sound was due to a faulty bearing and that need to be replaced, and the required bearing was not available at the service center. I was told that they will put up an order and notify me as soon as the part is delivered to them. It’s almost one month till date and I haven’t heard from them. I tried reaching them today and to my shock I was told that the order was not even placed.

I have been regretting my decision to buy Fiat Linea every time I step into my car. The sound that we get to hear is almost similar to a turbo prop aero plane. It’s very frustrating that a problem crops up in your new car and even more frustrating is the fact that the issue does not get rectified. I am even worried about the cascading effect the faulty bearing would have on other parts of the car. I am still worried as to how to deal with this problem.

I feel i am lucky because I did not have any issues with my Punto. I think next time i should take an automobile expert with me even when I go to buy a new car.
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 20:59   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....The service engineer informed me that the sound was due to a faulty bearing and that need to be replaced...
Wheel bearing or something else?

Quote:
I have been regretting my decision to buy Fiat Linea every time I step into my car. ...I am even worried about the cascading effect the faulty bearing would have on other parts of the car. I am still worried as to how to deal with this problem......
I know it's not the best that one would expect from a new car. But when you buy a Fiat, you need to keep expectations a bit lower compared to competition! I don't find a reason for you to feel this low.

I suggest that you spend some time on this forum and find the BEST A$$ in Hyderabad. Even if you have to travel longer than your current A$$, please take your car to the better one! And stick on to that better A$$ for regular servicing too. Remember, you need to take that trip only once a year, so enjoy those long drives [if any] while taking the car for periodic maintenance trip!

I also suggest to park the car till the problem is sorted out. I dont think you are doing the best of the things by running the car more! As you said, there could be cascading effects, so why take a chance?!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th September 2012 at 21:01.
Old 6th September 2012, 21:05   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwiniRaghav
We have purchased a new Fiat Linea Emotion tuscan wine on 30-May-2012. This is our second car from Fiat family first one being a Fiat Punto MJD. We are very happy with Punto and it forced us to go for a second car from Fiat family.

Very sorry to hear this. We had an AC issue when we bought our Linea and I know exactly how you're feeling. Makes you wonder what they do at the PDI. I would advise you to do the following-
1. Escalate the issue with Fiat India. I'm sure someone here will be able to give you the necessary contact ids and phone numbers. Fiat does take customer complaints seriously. But do use stern words.
2. Go to your dealer and create a ruckus in the showroom. Threaten you'll sue. You'll be surprised how quickly they can arrange that part. I know this is an ugly thing to do, but these scoundrels deserve this.
3. Contact the dealer at the nearest town from yours and see if they have the part in stock. If yes, you could get this fixed from them.
4. Keep records of all your visits with the A.S.S. Get slips from them whenever they take your car in for repair. Get in writing any assurances they give about part sourceing, etc. This might be of help later.
Wishing you luck. Hope the issue gets resolved soon.
Old 7th September 2012, 00:13   #953
Team-BHP Support

@johy - No word on on your T Jet yet? Surprising. Or are you driving a lot to even bother up-dating us?
Old 7th September 2012, 09:30   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
dear ashwini sorry to learn that you were short changed or rather conned at the service centre.You need to shoot a mail to higher up in the fiat hierarchy.To start with intimate Mr. Pritish dash at pritish.dash@fiapl.com
DOnt loose heart ,fiat guys do respond to customers woes at least I have learnt this in my various encounters .The culprits are the service centre who dont stock the products or spares which are slow moving and hence they put orders on need basis.
regards
praveen singh
Thank you very much Praveen. As suggested by you, I have intimated Mr. Pritish dash.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:22   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@johy - No word on on your T Jet yet? Surprising. Or are you driving a lot to even bother up-dating us?
Sheel Sir Ji,

I got delivery of the T-Jet on Monday night after a lot of waiting, grumbling, and literally putting my foot down on the dealership. However, registration is still not done, stuck with TC (trade certificate), so have not ventured out much. But I think I owe you guys some pictures. One of the last T-Jets.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0369-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0371-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0373-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0374-large.jpg  

johy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:29   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Sheel Sir Ji,

I got delivery of the T-Jet on Monday night after a lot of waiting, grumbling, and literally putting my foot down on the dealership. However, registration is still not done, stuck with TC (trade certificate), so have not ventured out much. But I think I owe you guys some pictures. One of the last T-Jets.
Many congratulation Johy!
One of the last TJets?? - Is it confirmed that they are not selling it anymore.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 17:02   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
regards
praveen singh
Hi Guys,

Things moved after we have contactd Mr Pritish Dash. The required bearings were arranged and replaced. What I could not do in a months time had been done in 3 days time.

I am extremely thankfull for the help and support I have recieved from TeamBHP.

Regards,
Ashwiniraghav
AshwiniRaghav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 17:38   #958
BHPian

@AshwiniRaghav
Its nice to know that your problem was finally attended and taken care.The team bhp is really good at helping members.It was team bhp review (GTO)which made me buy fiat punto in first place .Bye the way i wish you some really thrilling times with your jet !

@johy,many congratulations on becoming the proud owner of the Fiat Linea T-jet.It really great car and every car enthusiasts delight-I wish I could get one.
regards
praveen singh

Last edited by blueblooded : 11th September 2012 at 17:46.
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 00:52   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Well the experience - Flounderingah!!! i think they have rank novices there.
Seriously ? If this is true then its a recipe for complete disaster . A workshop should have trained personnel from day 1 itself, there cannot be any ifs and buts . I think that if the manufacturer expects customers to be patient with novices for a few days , its unacceptable. I am sure Fiat would not think that way ! Why should owners have to leave their precious 8-10 lakhs car at the mercy of clueless mechanics? Its not a guinea pig and the customer is not doing a charity . This attitude is all the more surprising when the very purpose of Fiat setting up its own service centre is to win back customer confidence. Hope they don't bungle up this time since even if they get it right its still a tough climb up - without getting it right, its impossible
souravc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 10:21   #960
BHPian

Took delivery of my FTA Tjet + last evening.... prob the last of the original batch. I think I am in love!
vvmanoj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks