Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 18:53   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The Linea was only launched for developing markets. Lineas exist only in Turkey, Brazil and India, while the Punto exists all over Europe.
I initially thought so, but when I was in Barcelona this February, I spotted several Lineas over there, including taxis.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 19:08   #1202
Team-BHP Support

Jokes apart, to summarize what is different between the older 2011 T-Jets and the current 2013 T-Jet:

2013 T-Jet has the following advantages :
- Top end emotion variant is ~50k cheaper than the older equivalent T-Jet+.
- Active and Dynamic versions at ~9L on-road with the core vehicle same as the old T-Jets (which were 10.5-11.1L) brings the product into the reach of more people at lower price points.
- Automatic headlamps added
- Automatic rain sensing wipers
- 185mm ground clearance v/s 170mm of 2011 T-Jets
- Gun metal grey finish of alloy wheels

2011 T-Jet has the following advantages:
- 170mm ground clearance and marginally better handling due to this.

Does anyone have a picture of the rear of the 2013 T-Jet?? I am curious to know if they have done away with that fat chrome exhaust tip that we earlier buyers got. I actually like that thing now after 2 years. It gives it a very "sporty" look.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th June 2013 at 19:10.
Old 10th June 2013, 19:33   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Absolute killer pricing by Fiat ! God bless competition I don't see any reason other than the brand that's not in its favor but Fiat management is showing promise this time around.

I hope they are able to sell in decent numbers. A bit of a long shot but I hope it steals some buyers from the Honda stable
Old 10th June 2013, 19:53   #1204
BHPian

This is awesome pricing for the T-JET. Fiat has "Made the Move" for sure.
One piece of advice required from all Fiat Lovers and otherwise - I am planning to buy a used Linea T-JET Plus - Feb 2011 Model - 23000 kms done. The car is in great condition both mechanically and externally. The car is under extended warranty till April 2015 with Fiat and this is a certified dealer through which I am looking to buy one. I am really tight on budget otherwise would have loved to go for the new one.

What should be the ideal price for the same? The seller is quoting around 5.8 lakhs. How much should I close the deal for? Looking forward for your responses. Thanks in advance!
Old 10th June 2013, 21:04   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Think Bigger, think BRAVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I wish Fiat launched a Punto T-Jet instead of re-launching Linea T-Jet.

Here you go. The tip is alive, FIAT means business..this time around. If it is of help the rear Sun curtain is gone as is the fold flat rear seat.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet-rear.jpg
credit/copyright for the snap rests with its owner(s)

Quote:
Does anyone have a picture of the rear of the 2013 T-Jet?? I am curious to know if they have done away with that fat chrome exhaust tip that we earlier buyers got. I actually like that thing now after 2 years. It gives it a very "sporty" look.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 21:34   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing, any idea when the vehicle will be available in Bangalore for test drive?
Old 10th June 2013, 22:00   #1207
BHPian

The pricing is indeed vfm considering active variant as an exception in tjet comes with abs

As for pricing and the product strengths its placed much better than the vento rapid sunny verna petrols but the brand image and recollection has to be devoloped to get prospective buyers in this segment actually buy a linea tjet

Wanna see what reviews the so called auto journalists give about tjet now visavis the competition

Will thet still say cheap plastics and bad looking interiors as there isnt any flaw actually

Now fiat should back their tjet pricing with some good exclusive marketing for tjet and bring in people for test drives
Old 10th June 2013, 22:13   #1208
BHPian

OT - With Fiat being this aggressive, we can expect punto abarth with the 1.4 t-jet to be Mouth-watering-ly priced at launch later this year. Hope the frills on the punto abarth active will match linea t-jet active.
Old 10th June 2013, 22:57   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
What should be the ideal price for the same? The seller is quoting around 5.8 lakhs. How much should I close the deal for? Looking forward for your responses. Thanks in advance!
Negotiate down to ~5.2 at least if you can though 5.8 is pretty fair priced given it's a 10 lac car that's just 2 years old , blame Fiat brand value for the huge depreciation. Just bought a 2010 TJet+ for 5,5 , with 27k.
Ricci is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 23:41   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
What's the on-road price in Bangalore? I'm expecting it to be in the range of 10.5L due to the slightly higher road tax % here than Mumbai.
I had called Vecto Motors today evening but they were not sure on the pricing details. They said they would have it by tomorrow.
8.8L ex in Delhi would mean around 9L in Bangalore. So, the OTR price should be somewhere around 10.8L, not a big difference from what you paid 2 years back. I think where FIAT has made a difference is by launching T-Jet in Active variant which can be had for 9.5L OTR, cheaper than Polo GT TSI of course with slightly lesser equipment levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent pricing indeed! But that GC of 190mm looks like an overkill, considering that the Linea T-Jet is supposed to be a sporty sedan.

Exactly my concern which I had expressed right here in this very thread couple of days back. Can any of the current owners of 2012/2013 Linea (MJD or NA Petrol) comment on this aspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Great pricing, any idea when the vehicle will be available in Bangalore for test drive?
Vecto Motors said they would have the TD vehicle ready by tomorrow
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 23:57   #1211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
OT - With Fiat being this aggressive, we can expect punto abarth with the 1.4 t-jet to be Mouth-watering-ly priced at launch later this year. Hope the frills on the punto abarth active will match linea t-jet active.
Abarth is not going to be just another version of the petrol. Its going to be an out of out performance hatch (Atleast thats what has been promised by FIAT till now).

Which means much higher state of tune, better brakes, alloys, tyres, suspension etc. No way its going to match a Linea T-Jet in price! May be Laura - may be.
Old 10th June 2013, 23:59   #1212
Senior - BHPian

I got a Linea MJD with 161 mm GC,and about 3 weeks back i drove a 2013 Emotion MJD that has 190mm GC ~30mm more than what mine has.
Body roll was noticeably irritating at least for me when compared to the one i have,thankfully steering feedback was similar.
Old 11th June 2013, 00:25   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I got a Linea MJD with 161 mm GC,and about 3 weeks back i drove a 2013 Emotion MJD that has 190mm GC ~30mm more than what mine has.
Body roll was noticeably irritating at least for me when compared to the one i have,thankfully steering feedback was similar.
Thanks for sharing that. Do you think it would be noticeable to someone who's never driven the pre-2012 Linea to an extent that it can be a deal-breaker?
Old 11th June 2013, 01:05   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Thanks for sharing that. Do you think it would be noticeable to someone who's never driven the pre-2012 Linea to an extent that it can be a deal-breaker?
Not really,it still handles better than the competition,but some people have complained of harsh ride quality on post 2012 models,but i cannot comment on that since i drove one on a highway.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 07:39   #1215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Slightly OT on this thread (perhaps we could move Abarth discussion to the other thread), but I highly doubt the Abarth will come with Active/Dynamic/Emotion variant convention. It is a very niche target segment, and customers buying an Abarth at 13-14L won't want to cringe on small things like power windows, Blue&Me, etc. There will probably just be 1 (top-end by default) variant on the Abarth Punto when it goes on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
some people have complained of harsh ride quality on post 2012 models,but i cannot comment on that since i drove one on a highway.
Actually I don't find anything wrong with the ride quality on my 2012 Punto with 185mm GC, its not significantly different from the 2011 T-Jet. There is slightly more body roll, but the difference is not so much to sit up and take notice. I feel there is too much concern now on these threads about the 185mm GC upgrade affecting handling.

Let me make it simple for people who are still confused : if the Linea prior to GC upgrade scored a 9/10 on handling, it will probably come down to 8/10 now with the GC upgrade. The competitors (barring Fords) will be far behind at 5/10 or something.

I actually like the increased GC on the Punto. I use it as a daily drive with tons of bad road stretches that I take shortcuts through. In all of my 6 months of usage, I have not scraped the underbelly even once anywhere. Not even once! My suggestion to prospective buyers - think of this 185mm GC attribute as a potential Ladakh road trip advantage

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th June 2013 at 07:47.
KarthikK is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks