Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
1,969,787 views
Old 25th August 2023, 15:07   #3451
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 37 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Dear BHPians
Looking for your advise. I have finally reached a stage where I need to look for a worthy replacement for my Fiat Linea TJet 2014, which has clocked 1.2k km in the over the past 9 years. I have test driven many options and below are the current shortlist.

* Volkswagen Virtus 1.5 DSG GT Petrol
* MG Hector Savvy Pro 1.5 CVT Turbo Petrol
* XUV 700 AX7L Petrol
* Honda City Hybrid (Primarily for the FE)

I have test driven almost all sedans and SUVs till now, including the Skoda Slavia, Hyundai Alcazar, Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos, VW Taigun, Skoda Kushaq - to name a few. I really miss the Skoda Octavia. Looking forward to advise and suggestions. My preference is not to go above 30L on road.
anugrahlall is offline  
Old 26th August 2023, 05:05   #3452
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Chennai
Posts: 41
Thanked: 29 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrahlall View Post
Dear BHPians
Looking for your advise. I have finally reached a stage where I need to look for a worthy replacement for my Fiat Linea TJet 2014, which has clocked 1.2k km in the over the past 9 years. I have test driven many options and below are the current shortlist.

* Volkswagen Virtus 1.5 DSG GT Petrol
* MG Hector Savvy Pro 1.5 CVT Turbo Petrol
* XUV 700 AX7L Petrol
* Honda City Hybrid (Primarily for the FE)

I have test driven almost all sedans and SUVs till now, including the Skoda Slavia, Hyundai Alcazar, Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos, VW Taigun, Skoda Kushaq - to name a few. I really miss the Skoda Octavia. Looking forward to advise and suggestions. My preference is not to go above 30L on road.
If I were you I would go with Honda city hybrid. Personally feel that currently provides perfect balance between fun to drive, reliability, safety, fuel economy, space and practicality perspective. All the other cars you mentioned have some pros and cons in the areas I mentioned. Also it’s within your budget as well. I also own a linea Tjet and clocked 70k so far. I was thinking of replacing it last year and explored some of the cars you mentioned above but none gave the personal satisfaction as Tjet does. I didn’t like the steering feel of current gen VW cars too light steering and somehow didn’t find the seating comfortable in Virtus. Jeep compass felt like a proper upgrade but it’s become so expensive now and also reading the various reliability issues I didn’t consider. The closest I found could be a good replacement was city hybrid.. it was fun to drive, spacious, felt premium, safe and liked the steering feedback and of course bullet proof reliability and great fuel economy.
But for now I decided to stick with my Tjet as found a reliable local FNG, so got it wolf remapped, did a premium audio upgrade with proper dampening, changed alloys, clutch assembly and suspension setup and looking to enjoy as long as i can .

Sriram

Last edited by subrasri : 26th August 2023 at 05:31.
subrasri is offline  
Old 26th August 2023, 11:04   #3453
Senior - BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,204
Thanked: 3,499 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrahlall View Post
Dear BHPians
Looking for your advise. I have finally reached a stage where I need to look for a worthy replacement for my Fiat Linea TJet 2014, which has clocked 1.2k km in the over the past 9 years. I have test driven many options and below are the current shortlist.
I guess soon there will be a new thread here just for t-jet owners wanting to find a new vehicle that would be a good upgraded without breaking the bank!

I would love the Virtus manual turbo, but with it being available only on the GT line (?) it would be north of 20L on road i reckon.

So that said, my choice would be the verna turbo. Already day dreaming about it and deciding between Red/Black/Blue

Slavia would be ok, but no dealership here and skoda horror stories will have me a worrying away.

But for now, the t-jet remains. Remapping it a few years ago added fun, now driving with xp95 fuel enhances it even more.

With 9 years and counting, i just hope spares are available for a year or two at least.
deathwalkr is online now  
Old 1st October 2023, 12:22   #3454
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: mh
Posts: 73
Thanked: 46 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Hello dear Tjet owners. My 125S is about to complete 6 years shortly with just 9k kms on the odo. No niggles, troubles, faults so far. It's been a smooth ownership experience so far with complete peace of mind. Sharing the joy with a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20190601_1807433.jpg  

prokinetic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 13:45   #3455
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore/Delhi
Posts: 37
Thanked: 86 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

It's been two years since we shifted to Bangalore from NCR. While the weather has been too sweet, the roads of Bangalore haven't been too kind to my car's suspension.

The front suspension of my Linea Tjet makes a 'krrr krrr' sound when going over speedbumps or potholes. On inspection, service center said that the strut mount pads need replacement.

As of today, my car is on its third set of mount pads (ordered from 99rpm, Boodmo). The first set was Fiat OEM. They gave up in 2-3 months. Unhappy, I ordered after market ones from Boodmo. They went bust too. Current ones are AMP, but they seem to be making the same noise.

Now I'm suspecting that they might have been wrongly fitted. Is there a possibility? Has anyone faced this problem with their car's suspension?

Btw, as preventive maintenance, I have replaced all the shockers (front and rear), link rods (both sides) and control arms

Advice and suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance ��
meples is offline  
Old 1st October 2023, 23:07   #3456
BHPian
 
trinity0114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 130
Thanked: 331 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Hello dear Tjet owners. My 125S is about to complete 6 years shortly with just 9k kms on the odo. No niggles, troubles, faults so far. It's been a smooth ownership experience so far with complete peace of mind. Sharing the joy with a pic.
Hello from a fellow T-Jet owner, 9,000 kms in 6 years is extremely less for a car like the T-Jet which begs to be driven and is such a pleasure to drive on the highways and hills unlike today's gizmo laden 'carputers'. Here's my 2019 year 125S with 48k on the odo
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20231001wa0063.jpg  

trinity0114 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 07:55   #3457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 550
Thanked: 1,422 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post

As of today, my car is on its third set of mount pads (ordered from 99rpm, Boodmo). The first set was Fiat OEM. They gave up in 2-3 months. Unhappy, I ordered after market ones from Boodmo. They went bust too. Current ones are AMP, but they seem to be making the same noise.

Now I'm suspecting that they might have been wrongly fitted. Is there a possibility? Has anyone faced this problem with their car's suspension?
Nothing wrong with the mounting, the quality of the parts supplied by Fiat has dropped like a stone. You are not the only one to get mount pads that start making a noise shortly after installation. You can try opening the mount pad and liberally greasing the roller bearing and see if that helps. The other option is to import better mount pads from Europe like those from Febi Bilstein which have been trouble free on a couple of cars that have fitted them recently.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 08:54   #3458
BHPian
 
--gKrish--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sachsen
Posts: 223
Thanked: 573 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post

As of today, my car is on its third set of mount pads (ordered from 99rpm, Boodmo). The first set was Fiat OEM. They gave up in 2-3 months. Unhappy, I ordered after market ones from Boodmo. They went bust too. Current ones are AMP, but they seem to be making the same noise.

Now I'm suspecting that they might have been wrongly fitted. Is there a possibility? Has anyone faced this problem with their car's suspension?

��
I and many other Fiat users are facing this issue. AMP is the OE supplier to Fiat. It is the exact same part in a different packaging, so both have the same quality/defects.

An independent Fiat mechanic had mentioned that the new set of pads break easily if they are over torqued. (The main nut that fixes the mount pad to the strut top). Most technicians just use the pneumatic tool and tighten the nut till it stops turning and I believe that could be a reason. I am planning to install a set and torque them using a torque wrench to the lower limit in the service manual and inspect and retorque after 1500kms.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 14:59   #3459
Lij
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 242 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
On inspection, service center said that the strut mount pads need replacement.

As of today, my car is on its third set of mount pads (ordered from 99rpm, Boodmo). The first set was Fiat OEM. They gave up in 2-3 months. Unhappy, I ordered after market ones from Boodmo. They went bust too. Current ones are AMP, but they seem to be making the same noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Nothing wrong with the mounting, the quality of the parts supplied by Fiat has dropped like a stone. You are not the only one to get mount pads that start making a noise shortly after installation. You can try opening the mount pad and liberally greasing the roller bearing and see if that helps. The other option is to import better mount pads from Europe like those from Febi Bilstein which have been trouble free on a couple of cars that have fitted them recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
I and many other Fiat users are facing this issue. AMP is the OE supplier to Fiat. It is the exact same part in a different packaging, so both have the same quality/defects.

An independent Fiat mechanic had mentioned that the new set of pads break easily if they are over torqued. (The main nut that fixes the mount pad to the strut top). Most technicians just use the pneumatic tool and tighten the nut till it stops turning and I believe that could be a reason. I am planning to install a set and torque them using a torque wrench to the lower limit in the service manual and inspect and retorque after 1500kms.
Facing the same issue with my T-Jet. The mounts that came with the car from factory worked well for 5.5 yrs post which I replaced it in last Sep. The SA had clearly told me that the mount quality that they were getting are not good and requires replacement in very short time. The issue popped up again in July this year, within 10 months.

Will be visiting the service center this weekend for a major service, so wanted to check if any other car's mount is compatible and can be used for Linea.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 17:13   #3460
Lij
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 242 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
You can look at progressive Cobras which are about 20-25k for a set of 4. The stance is superb with those springs but I have heard mixed reviews about ride quality. The other option is Bilstein B4/B6.

The best bet is contacting used parts dealer and finding a set of low GC rear coils. The front coils for high and low are the same, the struts are different.
Decided to go with hybrid setup with lowered GC front and rear struts. Have ordered it through FASS today. Hope to get it installed in a week or 2. Thanks for the suggestions.

The lowered GC front struts are more than double the price of the higher GC ones and the rear ones are 50% more

Just hope I don't scrape any poorly designed speed bumps which is the case with most of them now.
Lij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 02:45   #3461
BHPian
 
--gKrish--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sachsen
Posts: 223
Thanked: 573 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Decided to go with hybrid setup with lowered GC front and rear struts. Have ordered it through FASS today. Hope to get it installed in a week or 2. Thanks for the suggestions.

The lowered GC front struts are more than double the price of the higher GC ones and the rear ones are 50% more
I presume both high GC and low GC kits are now sourced locally and not imported. Could you please update here with some snaps of the shock absorber (the white label), if possible? I would like to know the supplier and date of manufacture. Thanks!
--gKrish-- is offline  
Old 14th November 2023, 18:32   #3462
Lij
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 242 Times
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
I presume both high GC and low GC kits are now sourced locally and not imported. Could you please update here with some snaps of the shock absorber (the white label), if possible? I would like to know the supplier and date of manufacture. Thanks!
FASS received the low GC front suspensions, these are made in Poland. The rear ones are in back order, hence I have not installed them yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20231111_101554__01.jpg  

Lij is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks