Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 16:15   #3436
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Thanks keroo1099.

Can you please suggest any reliable after market ones that can be used on the T-Jet?
You can look at progressive Cobras which are about 20-25k for a set of 4. The stance is superb with those springs but I have heard mixed reviews about ride quality. The other option is Bilstein B4/B6.

The best bet is contacting used parts dealer and finding a set of low GC rear coils. The front coils for high and low are the same, the struts are different.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 11:28   #3437
Senior - BHPian

9 years, 85k KMs and the t-jet still puts a smile on my face when I nosey over to TN highways

Did a quick 500KM trip with new Conti UC6 tyres and it was the first time I got to let the jet burn XP95 on proper highways.

All in all, a good fun drive.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 17:58   #3438
Senior - BHPian

My T-Jet has clocked 85k KMs and for the past few days I was hearing a weird sound in low er gears and it would disappear later on.

But it got worse and popped the hood to see frayed bits of the V-belt flaying around and hitting other parts inside.

Slowly drove to service center and had that changed along with timing belt.

Car feels like new again
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 13:07   #3439
BHPian

Any active Fiat Linea (or even Punto) owners in Hyderabad? Wanted to check if there are good independent garages in Hyderabad which specialize in Lineas and Puntos.

Authorized Jeep service centres are available but these would probably focus on replace than repair.
Old 25th June 2023, 18:51   #3440
BHPian

I recently did a Spiti trip (via Shimla) in my Tjet. There were 4 adults on board and the car performed flawlessly. It took all sorts of abuses, barring adulterated petrol, with a smile. Felt safe through out the trip. TJets were truly built like a tank. Never felt more attached to a machine.

Total Trip Distance: 1668 KM (Noida-Kaza-Noida)
Average: 13.5 kmpl (as per MID)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20230624wa0092.jpg  

Last edited by MBond007 : 25th June 2023 at 18:53. Reason: Addition
MBond007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 23:04   #3441
BHPian

Okay, here's what happened.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20230527_182502.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20230527_175129.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img20230527wa0001.jpg

Kind of an impromptu, impulsive move to extract the best out of the car. And trust me, I'm not disappointed.

The figures now: 145hp & 256nm.

The odo stands at 30k kms now and (touch wood) the car has been almost niggle-free so far.

Except, I have started hearing a 'tak tak' sound while turning the steering or slowly going over speed bumps. Kind of annoying, considering the car cabin is noise-free otherwise.

I suspect the new strut mounts to be the culprit. Or could something else be the problem? The steering rack? Is there a place where I can get it diagnosed properly in Bangalore.

I would avoid going to an authorised service center (knowing they are useless). JK Automobiles, where I service my car and where the struts were changed, greased the mounts again. But the sound has come back after a few days.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose it properly would be highly appreciated.

TIA
meples is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 23:11   #3442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post

Except, I have started hearing a 'tak tak' sound while turning the steering or slowly going over speed bumps. Kind of annoying, considering the car cabin is noise-free otherwise.
This could be the elastic pads, they wear out without warning.
Old 2nd July 2023, 14:40   #3443

I am based in Goa. Are there any good FIAT Tjet mechanics other than the Jeep Service Centre in Verna. My car has issues with braking noise and khat-khat noise from strut mounts despite replacing them with a new setup a month back
Old 19th July 2023, 12:38   #3444
BHPian

Car: Linea TJet 2011 | 70K odometer reading
Last servicing: June 2023; Spark Plugs changed

Sequence of events:

1. In the morning, I saw that the coolant level was below the Minimum level mark in the reservoir, so I topped it up. Filled petrol at IOCL Petrol pump in Rekong Peo. It had rained a lot in the area during the night.
  2. Around 80 KM later, on the way to Nako, the check engine light came on and the car went into the limp mode (no acceleration). I suspected that it might be due to the altitude and let the car rest for a few minutes.
  3. The car started and the check engine light was not on. Around 15-20 KM later the check engine light came back and the car again went into limp mode. I got worried and called a known mechanic. He said it might be due to a failing fuel pump and told me that I can continue driving.
  4. Next day on my way to Kaza, the same saga continues. The frequency of check engine light coming on increased and it came more often when the car was going uphill. Every time, the check engine light came up, I had to restart the car and continue driving. Another thing which I observed was that the car temperature guage was reaching the middle level mark faster than usual and was not dropping down even a mm, which used to happen before.
  5. Saw that the coolant level was about an inch more that the max level and thought that it might be the reason. Anyways, somehow with prayers on my lips, the car reached Kaza. I straight away took it to a local mechanic, who had an OBD scanner. But the scanner failed to read any error.
  6. Next day, I refueled the car at IOC Kaza. Since XP95 was the only option available at the pump, I went ahead with it. Parked the car back at the hotel and took a taxi for visiting nearby areas.
  7. Next morning, I decided to rule out air in the coolant system. So, armed with Google knowledge, I started the car and let it run for 15-20 minutes with heater on and reservoir cap off, to let any trapped air in the cooling system escape. Nothing happened, except for a few tiny bubbled appearing in the reservoir fluid on pressing the accelerator after I had tightened the reservoir cap. Disappointed with my effort and lost in my thoughts, I removed the reservoir cap and hot boiling and bubbling coolant came gushing out. I scolded my self for making the situation worse. Now I was low on coolant. I called the mechanic again and explained him the situation. He told me to top it up with water. Since OAT coolant was not available in Kaza, I added bottled water. The reservoir took around 600 ml of mineral water (distilled was not available).
  8. Somehow, with God's grace, the car brought us safely from Kaza to Noida, a journey of 700+ km in 3 days. Surprisingly, the check engine light never came back. And the temperature guage also didn't seem to keen to constantly stay near the mid level mark. At times it even dipped to the the quarter level mark, which again got me worried.
  9. The car has barely run 150+ km after coming back from Spiti. At times, the car feels sluggish and doesn't respond to accelerator inputs, the way it used to do. I suspect that the fuel economy has also dipped by 0.5 - 1 kmpl.
  10. Last Saturday, I took it to a FNG in Noida which has an advanced scanner. The mechanic, after listening to my saga about the check engine light, told me to not to worry and continue driving. Upon insisting, he scanned the car and two error codes popped up: P1694 and P9009 or P0009. He asked whether I had driven in water, to which I said no. He then said that these are not permanent codes and that there is nothing to worry. I asked him to scan for live data as well, to which he said that there is no need. I should have told him about the drop in car's pickup.

Not satisfied with the mechanic's response, I tried to use Google to narrow down the reason for the entire check engine light episode and the drop in performance. The three main culprits right now seem to be Failing Fuel Pump, Crankshaft sensor and Turbo.

All these three are very distinct, leaving me super confused. I don't know any other FNG in Noida which can find the root cause of the issues without taking me for a ride. So, I as a last resort I am reaching out to fellow Fiat owners, hoping someone might be able to point out the root cause or how to figure out the root cause.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd February 2024 at 15:25.
MBond007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:52   #3445
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my tjet is due for a service next week and the ASC here says engine oil is not available and is on back order for quite some time.

What would you suggest i buy for a 85k run car with wolf maps on ?
Old 25th July 2023, 18:59   #3446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Guys, my tjet is due for a service next week and the ASC here says engine oil is not available and is on back order for quite some time.

What would you suggest i buy for a 85k run car with wolf maps on ?
You can use Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W-40 API SN/CF Fully SynThetic oil.

I have used it in my Abarth Punto's T-Jet engine. Specs-wise it is same as the Selenia K.

Here's a link on Amazon:
https://amzn.eu/d/9xXwzPl
cogWheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 19:05   #3447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkumar1247 View Post
I am based in Goa. Are there any good FIAT Tjet mechanics other than the Jeep Service Centre in Verna. My car has issues with braking noise and khat-khat noise from strut mounts despite replacing them with a new setup a month back
There used to be a guy called Micheal in Porvorim. Used to work for the Fiat Dealer earlier. Not sure if he's still running the garage. The guy who used to service my Uno and Siena was really good. Also an ex Fiat dealer employee since the days of the Padmini. Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago.

I also always keep my eyes open for any used T-Jets (along with other cars like Polo TSI, Fiesta 1.6 etc.)
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 19:58   #3448
BHPian

I just gave my Linea TJet for servicing today. Came back from a trip and found it very tough to shift gears. There was a loud squeaking sound when I shift to reverse gear as well. Found it tough to shift to 5th gear from 4th during the trip and it became increasingly tough to shift from neutral to first on my return journey. Also, there is a judder in the car when clutch is pressed and can be felt inside the cabin like whole car is shaking. Anyone else has experienced this issue? Not sure what could be the problem but hope it gets resolved without a huge expense.

I hope authorized service center in Bangalore fixes it else need to look at other competent FNG garage for Linea.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 21:28   #3449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I just gave my Linea TJet for servicing today.
Was it just a periodic service or were there any other part replacements like alternator? If so, check the engine mounts (torque rod/C mount). In some cases, if the rubber bushes are aged and brittle, it may not seat itself in the original position once removed. Especially if they had to pull hard to remove it.

You will get a single clunk and jerk when you shift gears and also when starting off from a stop.

Also, are the gears shifting and slotting properly when engine is off?
Old 6th August 2023, 10:26   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Was it just a periodic service or were there any other part replacements like alternator? If so, check the engine mounts (torque rod/C mount). In some cases, if the rubber bushes are aged and brittle, it may not seat itself in the original position once removed. Especially if they had to pull hard to remove it.

You will get a single clunk and jerk when you shift gears and also when starting off from a stop.

Also, are the gears shifting and slotting properly when engine is off?
Thanks for the response. I went to the service center because of the gear shifting issue. The flywheel has worn out and both the flywheel and clutch are being replaced now. The engine mounts don't seem to have an issue now as per the SA since I asked them to check that as well. This was not a clunk and jerk when shifting but more of trouble shifting the gears itself, a judder when starting the car and a screeching sound when shifting to reverse. Lot of parts to be changed and a hefty service bill this time.

Last edited by whencut86 : 6th August 2023 at 10:27. Reason: correction
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks