Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 03:06   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
Hey Anshuman - would you believe it, we share the same name!

I actually TD ed the i20 CRDi in Hyderabad while I was visiting there, was quite impressed. Went to order it in Bangalore, and TDed again - and it was just a dull dull car, with loads of turbo lag and no zing. I did think it was a problem with the TD piece , but then - couldnt quite take a chance. So left off the i20 CRDi and booked a Polo.
Nice to know we share the name.

i20's turbo lag feels amplified just because of the tall gearing. In comparison all the cars in the segment except Figo have turbo lag as bad as the i20, the difference is they use lower gearing to mask it in city usage but all these cars run out of breath on open roads.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:03   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nice to know we share the name.

i20's turbo lag feels amplified just because of the tall gearing. In comparison all the cars in the segment except Figo have turbo lag as bad as the i20, the difference is they use lower gearing to mask it in city usage but all these cars run out of breath on open roads.
I drive a FIGO and I dont know what you mean by "RUNNING OUT OF BREATH".

I touch 160 quite frequently on the highways and never felt that the car was gasping. But i accept that a SWIFT or I20 is more powerful and can do more top speeds.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:21   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
One thing VW needs to get right is dealership attitude, till that time I am holding my check. I mean ctfo... if you know what I mean. Went there just a few moments ago to enquire about Vento, its like Tata or even worse. Perhaps they dont want to give attention to someone who wants to buy Polo or Vento and are only interested in Passat or Jetta buyers. No one asked me my name, or my number or test drive for that matter. Their attitude was, our price for Polo is so low that ppl might just buy it for the price, as if they are doing ppl a favor.
Was impressed with Polo as a product, impeccable paint quality. But dissapointed with the sales/support. My experience with Honda was miles ahead. I would not mind paying 50k premium just for the way I was treated. I am seriously pissed off right now.
If that is the VW dealer's attitude in Delhi which has several dealers, I wonder how the dealers in smaller towns would treat potential customers. The dealers should understand that customer service begins only after they have customers. The Beetle, Jetta & Passat pricing seems to have spoilt some of the dealers' mindset.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:29   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
If that is the VW dealer's attitude in Delhi which has several dealers, I wonder how the dealers in smaller towns would treat potential customers. The dealers should understand that customer service begins only after they have customers. The Beetle, Jetta & Passat pricing seems to have spoilt some of the dealers' mindset.
In a city like Hyderabad, there is only one dealer and they suck big time with their 'leave-it-or-take-it' attitude, lack of transparency, exorbitant charges in handling/insurance etc!
Old 20th August 2010, 10:55   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
In a city like Hyderabad, there is only one dealer and they suck big time with their 'leave-it-or-take-it' attitude, lack of transparency, exorbitant charges in handling/insurance etc!
Seems to be he same story everywhere, including the VW helpline, they are taking down the numbers with promises to call back but in the last one month not a single call from anyone.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:10   #306
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure Honda dealers will rub their hands with glee hearing this. They had exactly the same attitude until some time ago. Competition hopefully will make them mend their ways for the better.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:12   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure Honda dealers will rub their hands with glee hearing this. They had exactly the same attitude until some time ago. Competition hopefully will make them mend their ways for the better.
Yes, Honda dealers (at least in Hyderabad) have now become very courteous and more than willing to negotiate on the final deal - the effect of competition and low sales have changed their attitude for the good
Old 20th August 2010, 11:23   #308
BHPian

You are right earlier when I went to book POLO their attitude was pretty much indifferent like take it or leave it but over the time the SP have become much more courteous, not the best but acceptable. I think VW need to get hold on their dealers as they shove away many prospective buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
One thing VW needs to get right is dealership attitude, till that time I am holding my check. I mean ctfo... if you know what I mean. Went there just a few moments ago to enquire about Vento, its like Tata or even worse. Perhaps they dont want to give attention to someone who wants to buy Polo or Vento and are only interested in Passat or Jetta buyers. No one asked me my name, or my number or test drive for that matter. Their attitude was, our price for Polo is so low that ppl might just buy it for the price, as if they are doing ppl a favor.
Was impressed with Polo as a product, impeccable paint quality. But dissapointed with the sales/support. My experience with Honda was miles ahead. I would not mind paying 50k premium just for the way I was treated. I am seriously pissed off right now.
I have VW customer care phone No. for Delhi region and they asked me to give feedback about dealership. If anyone interested for customer care phone No. can PM me.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:27   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Honda dealers (at least in Hyderabad) have now become very courteous and more than willing to negotiate on the final deal - the effect of competition and low sales have changed their attitude for the good
Yes, in todays newspaper also there was a big ad of Honda City with some loyalty discount...i guess they are already feeling the pinch!
Old 20th August 2010, 12:56   #310
BHPian

That's normal for Honda to come up with new ideas to beat the new competitor. So far ruled and monopoly the premium sedan segment , its time for Honda lovers(who could not bargain much) to see the battle between 2 duos
Old 20th August 2010, 13:27   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
I drive a FIGO and I dont know what you mean by "RUNNING OUT OF BREATH".
Due to short gearing cars like Figo, Punto and Swift have an edge in city driveability over cars with tall gearing, but out on open roads no other car in the segment feels as relaxed doing triple digit speeds as the i20 CRDi(both 5speed and 6speed), in comparison all other cars especially Punto feels like it's running in 4th gear.

Sorry for offtopic post. For further discussion please quote the post into Figo thread.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:30   #312
BHPian

Is the Vento on display anywhere in Bangalore? I will checkout Palace VW this weekend.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:51   #313
mkh
Senior - BHPian

People debating about different car models here should stick to the vento and its features. Hardly a few posts from prospective vento buyers and none except GTO maybe who has driven the vento is posting. There is a seperate thread by smart cat comparing sedans under 12 lacs, please discuss about your car models there, it has stats you cannot deny.
As for honda bringing out loyalty bonus, its perfectly expected for anyone to do something to promote their business, rather than applauding a small move to protect its customer base, wonder why are people calling it "already feeling the pinch.."
If they dont do anything, they are complacement, arrogant etc and if they do, already feeling the heat etc, wow!
Vento should succeed, at whose cost, does not matter but for a good product that is brought out( thats what it looks like) its a slap to those who worked hard on it if the sales folks cannot pull it off. How would i feel if i had sweated it out till now to get the car out and then see it flop?
As rightly put by many, VW dealers need to take that extra step and pride and not just cash in on the initial hype and expect customers to walk in.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:05   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Is the Vento on display anywhere in Bangalore? I will checkout Palace VW this weekend.
What is VW upto? They launch it amidst great hype and take a month for the prices to go public. Then there is no sign of the display Car, let alone a test drive. I suspect there is serious production issues and the launch is hurried just to keep people interested. On top of this now we are begining to hear about the "attitude" from the VW dealers. VW please take note IMO the word of mouth is the best form of publicity, negative or positive.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:15   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
People debating about different car models here should stick to the vento and its features. Hardly a few posts from prospective vento buyers and none except GTO maybe who has driven the vento is posting. There is a seperate thread by smart cat comparing sedans under 12 lacs, please discuss about your car models there, it has stats you cannot deny.
As for honda bringing out loyalty bonus, its perfectly expected for anyone to do something to promote their business, rather than applauding a small move to protect its customer base, wonder why are people calling it "already feeling the pinch.."
If they dont do anything, they are complacement, arrogant etc and if they do, already feeling the heat etc, wow!
Vento should succeed, at whose cost, does not matter but for a good product that is brought out( thats what it looks like) its a slap to those who worked hard on it if the sales folks cannot pull it off. How would i feel if i had sweated it out till now to get the car out and then see it flop?
As rightly put by many, VW dealers need to take that extra step and pride and not just cash in on the initial hype and expect customers to walk in.
Honda was offering loyalty bonus a month before Vento was launched... Total discounts of about 22-25k are available across range including loyalty bonus and some other discounts. Dealer attitude with me has been A+.
VW on the other hand has diesel card to play. Its very difficult for Honda to match the value proposition of the diesel. Having said that dealer attitude put me off seriously. Yet to test drive the Vento. Though I got a chance to listen to Polo stereo and it sucked when compared to ANHC.

It all comes down too, 2 school of thoughts. Honda is tried and tested, VW is unknown territory but low running costs. A part of me wants Vento D, a part of me wants City with a diesel hatchback for city driving. Lets wait and watch, which way the cookie crumbles...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks