Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2011, 16:59   #1801
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Few pics of Shadow Blue Vento before my ownership thread
Awesome! Awesome! Was waiting for this since this Monday! It is a smashing color. Since I too have booked the shadow blue color, was worried the color would turn out to be a little too dark (going by the previous photos). This is just the perfect shade of blue on a good looking, well balanced car.

Last edited by nileshch : 25th March 2011 at 17:02. Reason: minor corrections
Old 25th March 2011, 17:38   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I am out of India and will come back in July, my current ride in India is Palio 1.2, which is true driver's car, except 0-100 timing. Due to my driving style I get around 9-10 in city and 12-13 on highway. I feel mileage is not concern to me because I have finished my home loan

I need quick 0-100 and best handling within 10 lakh range.

When I come back in India I will have to take good test ride of Vento and Linea t-jet then I will post a thread in team-bhp for +/- of both the car.

T-jet is a no brainer for you if you care only about driving pleasure.
The Linea has much better handling (suspension) and has a far superior steering than the Vento, period
Old 26th March 2011, 03:17   #1803
BHPian

Here are the pictures of my blue sapphire. The color is much better in person than on the pics. I will take the car on the 26th, my birthday. An unexpected coincidence. Makes it more special I guess. Will shoot-in the initial ownership thread in a week.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo3.jpeg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo2.jpeg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo4.jpeg

I'm also attaching a pic of the terra beige shade. It's almost 85 % silver with a tinge of beige. Actually it's much better than silver and nearer to champagne gold.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1.jpeg
Old 26th March 2011, 03:51   #1804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Here are the pictures of my blue sapphire.
The car looks uber cool in this color. Congrats on your new ride and have fun.
Old 26th March 2011, 09:00   #1805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pictures of my blue sapphire. The color is much better in person than on the pics. I will take the car on the 26th, my birthday. An unexpected coincidence. Makes it more special I guess. Will shoot-in the initial ownership thread in a week.

Attachment 523277
Attachment 523276
Attachment 523278

I'm also attaching a pic of the terra beige shade. It's almost 85 % silver with a tinge of beige. Actually it's much better than silver and nearer to champagne gold.

Attachment 523279
Congrats. The color looks awesome. Too bad, I didnt have this option when I took my car.
A perfect birthday gift (even if you are paying for it)

Waiting for your ownership report.
Old 26th March 2011, 10:28   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pictures of my blue sapphire.
Congratulations! That's a great timing! Many happy returns of the day
Old 26th March 2011, 17:55   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Classic - OEM tyres are JK Vectra now? Earlier batches used to come in appollo accleres.
Old 26th March 2011, 20:31   #1808
Senior - BHPian

I noticed with a fair bit of annoyance that the Vento spare wheel is placed face down in the boot - seems thats how its meant to be kept ( folks, could you please confirm this ? this was confirmed by a roadside tyre repair shop guy )
If this is true it means that everytime the tyre pressure of the spare wheel needs to be checked , the entire wheel has to be lifted out of the spare wheel cub hole in the boot !!
I find that ridiculous !

I would also love to hear feedback on the window rolldown lock ( the tiny switch thats placed on the driver's side of the door in the midst of the 4 power window switches) . My left front window rolls down even when the switch is engaged ( I have not checked for the other windows ). Now is there some funny german safety logic ( just as the door lock one) which I am missing or does it call for a visit to the VW mechanic?
Old 27th March 2011, 18:09   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I noticed with a fair bit of annoyance that the Vento spare wheel is placed face down in the boot - seems thats how its meant to be kept ( folks, could you please confirm this ? this was confirmed by a roadside tyre repair shop guy )
If this is true it means that everytime the tyre pressure of the spare wheel needs to be checked , the entire wheel has to be lifted out of the spare wheel cub hole in the boot !!
I find that ridiculous !

I would also love to hear feedback on the window rolldown lock ( the tiny switch thats placed on the driver's side of the door in the midst of the 4 power window switches) . My left front window rolls down even when the switch is engaged ( I have not checked for the other windows ). Now is there some funny german safety logic ( just as the door lock one) which I am missing or does it call for a visit to the VW mechanic?
Hi Sourav

This is basically a child lock feature where the rear windows get locked when you turn them off the great thing is the driver has full control but the rear people have no access to it. I find this a great covenience when i am travelling with my child.
Old 27th March 2011, 19:02   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Classic - OEM tyres are JK Vectra now? Earlier batches used to come in appollo accleres.
Yes! the new batch comes with Vectra.. Not sure why and what for? Although the only noise I hear in the cabin is engine noise and no road noise at all.

Surprisingly, the vibrations in the clutch are not there at all. I noticed that when I test drove the Vento 6 months back.

By the way! Heard the new Verna is releasing next month. Gave me a thought of shifting at the last moment. But want to replace german (Opel Corsa) with a german only!!!
Old 27th March 2011, 21:26   #1811
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a petrol trendline in Silver today. Double checked: no chrome strip at back and no foglamps in front so it has to be a TL. I thought those came only in red and white? Has VW launched the trendline in all shades now?
Old 27th March 2011, 22:21   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Spotted a petrol trendline in Silver today. Double checked: no chrome strip at back and no foglamps in front so it has to be a TL. I thought those came only in red and white? Has VW launched the trendline in all shades now?
But that happened quite some time back, isn't it? Even that IPL edition Vento's comunication color was Black. Thats a Tendline. Except Shadow blue & Terra beige, other colors are available.
Old 27th March 2011, 23:51   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Has VW launched the trendline in all shades now?
Yes, they have added all metallic shades. I was told even shadow blue and terra beige are available in the trendline trim now.

Last edited by nileshch : 27th March 2011 at 23:52. Reason: grammatical error
Old 28th March 2011, 10:23   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Off late I have come across many ads in Print media & on TV by VW @ Think Blue "www.thinkblue.co.in". Think of a whole new way of mobility. Does anyone has an idea what is this all about? I have entered my name & e-mail on the website & hoping that VW would inform me soon @ this.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:49   #1815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Off late I have come across many ads in Print media & on TV by VW @ Think Blue "www.thinkblue.co.in". Think of a whole new way of mobility. Does anyone has an idea what is this all about? I have entered my name & e-mail on the website & hoping that VW would inform me soon @ this.
Its probably about a new bluemotion engine. Probably on the Passat which is launching on the 29th.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks