Just got Vento 1.6P HL Shadow Blue.
Das Auto !

Please suggest good seat cover in Delhi
Also guide me how to protect the Beige carpet allover
Old 10th April 2011, 00:28   #1892

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Hey anybody knows about the vento IPL edition?

Scheduled launce 10th march.
Looked at it yesterday. It is an upgrade on Trendline

A hopeless act by the worldclass company. Disastrous !
They added few stickers of IPL around the body and on the driver sill. Also on all the mats and HU.
The HU could not have been worse. They provided touchscreen (USB, Bluetooth), but without CD ?!?!?
Seat covers are just basic leatherite.

Someone really crazy about IPL would prefer to get his HL madeover for few thousands
Old 10th April 2011, 01:35   #1893

Got the Shadow Blue Vento HL. Too good. Das Auto !
The above reviews did help a lot.
Any tips, while driving ??
Old 10th April 2011, 17:58   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jain_sanjayp View Post
Just got Vento 1.6P HL Shadow Blue.
Das Auto !

Also guide me how to protect the Beige carpet allover
Go for Kagu 3D mats, I am VERY satisfied with it. sticks to the carpet like LEE Jeans (inspired from the Lee advert)

My Kagu made the carpets survive Goa dirt and sand!
Old 11th April 2011, 12:07   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Go for Kagu 3D mats, I am VERY satisfied with it. sticks to the carpet like LEE Jeans (inspired from the Lee advert)

My Kagu made the carpets survive Goa dirt and sand!
Also would suggest laminating the entire upholstery prior to putting mats, Helps in keeping the beige upholstery spotless especially during rains.
Old 11th April 2011, 14:41   #1896
BHPian

I would like to get the IPL edition HU for my car, but as classic86 said what to do if it's not available?

Is it possible to join all TBHP Vento HL owners and send a message to VW to bring it in accessories list?. Any suggestions on this?
Old 11th April 2011, 16:56   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope this post isn't considered off-topic but Caska is launching a HU customised for VW Vento around the 30th of this month. It should be something similar to this , but according to the authorised dealer I spoke to just now, there were some integration issues earlier that have now been resolved. Estimated price: 48-50K.

Reason I post here is I have been struggling with finding a decent ICE setup for the Vento and know of other owners who are also in the same boat.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:00   #1898
Senior - BHPian

^^Noop, have a look at fellow member subodh's ride. He has changed the HU setup in his Vento. Basically, he got the one that is now introduced in the IPL edition Vento. Lovely system indeed.

P.S: He did not get it from the dealer though. Its been sourced from some other shop. Lemme know if you need the details. I was with him when the system was installed. Plus i also know the owner of the shop. (Read discount!).

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 11th April 2011 at 17:02.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:22   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^^Noop, have a look at fellow member subodh's ride. He has changed the HU setup in his Vento. Basically, he got the one that is now introduced in the IPL edition Vento. Lovely system indeed.

P.S: He did not get it from the dealer though. Its been sourced from some other shop. Lemme know if you need the details. I was with him when the system was installed. Plus i also know the owner of the shop. (Read discount!).
Is there a thread for that? Can you tell us the cost (without discount).
Old 13th April 2011, 14:12   #1900
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey srishiva. As of now, he hasnt compiled a thread on that. I shall ask him to do so.
Let me take the liberty and tell you that the entire setup (with tweeters and subs) costed him around 60k (Thats before discount, if I am not wrong).

For further details, you could PM me.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:47   #1901
BHPian

Thanks for inputs Swanand. I have installed the system in my car. It is avaialble in Pune and not so expensive as well.It fits perfectly well in the slot provided by VW. Its the exact shape, touch screen, gps, Bluetooth, reverse camera, integration of phone, streaming music through bluetooth on your smartphone, previous and next controls for your phone music on the system through bluetooth DVD video play etc. I will put up a review shortly. I have installed the system around a Month back but have not been able to devote time to get down to it and write a review.

@Noopster: Give me a buzz whenever you are free, we can hookup and have a look at the system.
@swanand: That price is after discount and was for a select few ears
@ Srishiva: Just the system would cost around 30k with GPS

Last edited by subodh : 13th April 2011 at 15:58.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:56   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Thanks for inputs Swanand. I have installed the system in my car. It is avaialble in Pune and not so expensive as well.

@ Srishiva: Just the system would cost around 30k with GPS
Does anyone know of similar dealers in Bangalore or the availability of similar HUs(with GPS) in Bangalore? I too am one among the Vento owners in Bangalore, looking eagerly to change the stock HU
Old 13th April 2011, 18:20   #1903
BHPian

Subodh, Do you have any model number so that i could try this in Hyderabad as well? Otherwise, i think i would need to drive to Pune for this ;-)
Old 14th April 2011, 13:32   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Does anyone know of similar dealers in Bangalore or the availability of similar HUs(with GPS) in Bangalore? I too am one among the Vento owners in Bangalore, looking eagerly to change the stock HU
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Subodh, Do you have any model number so that i could try this in Hyderabad as well? Otherwise, i think i would need to drive to Pune for this ;-)
@Windsurfer you are welcome anyday for a drive to pune. Its just a matter of couple of hours.
@windsurfer/ james: i checked with the guy from who i got the system installed, and he said that he would be able to send the system to you if required to bangalore/hyderabad. The installation is very easy as its plug and play from existing system and any person who can install music systems, can install these systems. I will shortly put up detailed photographs so that you can have a look at the system in detail.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:08   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
@windsurfer/ james: i checked with the guy from who i got the system installed, and he said that he would be able to send the system to you if required to bangalore/hyderabad. The installation is very easy as its plug and play from existing system and any person who can install music systems, can install these systems. I will shortly put up detailed photographs so that you can have a look at the system in detail.
Thanks Subodh. But I think it would be easier if we could procure it locally. If I cant do it, then I will look at other options. Is this unit manufactured VW? Did the guy whom you purchased this unit gave you any warranty? I am just hoping that it not some Chinese make? Sorry but just wanted to check this as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks