Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 23:18   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I had a Polo in Denmark for a while and I can tell you that even though it was amazing machine to drive, it was disaster when it came to electronics. I hope VW has done its homework right and sorted out the issues.
Electrical and electronics is where Japs champ. But the way VW is doing things around, it looks like they have done their home work pretty well. Vento pricing is the proof.
Old 19th August 2010, 09:44   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BHPians don't race on public roads, remember
Thanks for bringing this out GTO! I hope all BHPians take your advice seriously and advice the same to others.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:08   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BHPians don't race on public roads, remember
Neither do they drink and drive

Quote:
True. I remember sob stories about VW's reliability in the States.
I've had two VWs in the States but have not had any problem with either of them - maybe I'm plain lucky
Old 19th August 2010, 12:18   #289
BHPian

HI GTO, nice review.

One quick question though, why you haven't considered Fiesta for comparison.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:36   #290
BHPian

GTO, amazing review. I have forwarded this thread to lots of people who are talking of the Vento launch! Very much on lines of what I would see in the review. Team BHP is getting more and more popular!

One question: how would you compare the Vento diesel to the Accent CRDi? That was one amazing performance car that I had driven. (Was actually hoping i20 CRDi did the same, but the TD that I did wasnt anywhere near.)
Old 19th August 2010, 16:38   #291
BHPian

Wonderful review GTO, you have a fan here!

I was planning to buy a cruze in sometime, after reading your review i find vento a big value for money and Iam totally confused.

Just curious, is it possible to fix a Jetta's music system and change the steering with the audio controls?
Old 19th August 2010, 17:58   #292
Senior - BHPian

One thing VW needs to get right is dealership attitude, till that time I am holding my check. I mean ctfo... if you know what I mean. Went there just a few moments ago to enquire about Vento, its like Tata or even worse. Perhaps they dont want to give attention to someone who wants to buy Polo or Vento and are only interested in Passat or Jetta buyers. No one asked me my name, or my number or test drive for that matter. Their attitude was, our price for Polo is so low that ppl might just buy it for the price, as if they are doing ppl a favor.
Was impressed with Polo as a product, impeccable paint quality. But dissapointed with the sales/support. My experience with Honda was miles ahead. I would not mind paying 50k premium just for the way I was treated. I am seriously pissed off right now.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:15   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
One thing VW needs to get right is dealership attitude, till that time I am holding my check. I mean ctfo... if you know what I mean. Went there just a few moments ago to enquire about Vento, its like Tata or even worse. Perhaps they dont want to give attention to someone who wants to buy Polo or Vento and are only interested in Passat or Jetta buyers. No one asked me my name, or my number or test drive for that matter. Their attitude was, our price for Polo is so low that ppl might just buy it for the price, as if they are doing ppl a favor.
Was impressed with Polo as a product, impeccable paint quality. But dissapointed with the sales/support. My experience with Honda was miles ahead. I would not mind paying 50k premium just for the way I was treated. I am seriously pissed off right now.
Indeed, dealership and A S S is an area that they definitely have to establish correctly, given that Skoda is notorious on these. However, on the whole - VW dealerships have been alright (reading threads on the forum) - lets hope they keep getting their act better!

Am eagerly awaiting my Polo now.. so have a vested interested in wisihing for this. Aseem, if you have another dealership - maybe worth checking that out. It just might be that too much euphoria has been created with Vento and the guys are just over whelmed!
Old 19th August 2010, 18:19   #294
Senior - BHPian

GTO, a great review. I in fact was looking forward to this review. Not that I have the cash to buy a Vento, but, I was curious to see what tricks VW had up its sleeves. The car seems to tick all the right boxes, and only if VW can prove themselves with ***, this could be it.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:21   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
One question: how would you compare the Vento diesel to the Accent CRDi? That was one amazing performance car that I had driven. (Was actually hoping i20 CRDi did the same, but the TD that I did wasnt anywhere near.)
I am quite surprised to read this, i20 CRDi offers better performance than the Accent CRDi with much better refinement. Its the Verna CRDi which should be compared to the Vento TDi instead of Accent CRDi.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:34   #296
Senior - BHPian

@GTO
I would like to know how good is driving pleasure in Vento when compared to Innova while both of them delivery amazing torque at very low RPM?

I'm sure the ride & Handling would be great in German cars, but how is the power delivery while overtaking ,is it better than Innova?

How is City drive in both the vehicles?

I know both of them belong to different segment but I wanted to compare between both as I've driven Innova for quiet a while and felt the best drivers car.

Can you pls rate both vehicles in terms of 1-5.

The on Road price of Vento Diesel in B'lore
Trendline:960000/-
Highline:1140000/-

They are offering 2y unlimited mileage warranty for all the spares expect wear tear parts.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:38   #297
BHPian

GTO,

Very good review. Provided very relevant information from the users viewpoint.

I recollect, in a previous post on the thread you had mentioned that the INR 8 lac game has changed.

However, how would you rate the Vento for a person who doesn't peep under the hood everyday and enjoys the vehicle for its driving pleasure?

How would you compare the handling of the Fiesta series with the Vento. (Specifically comparing Diesel versions of the Vento with Fiesta).

SM
Old 19th August 2010, 18:47   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I am quite surprised to read this, i20 CRDi offers better performance than the Accent CRDi with much better refinement. Its the Verna CRDi which should be compared to the Vento TDi instead of Accent CRDi.
Hey Anshuman - would you believe it, we share the same name!

I actually TD ed the i20 CRDi in Hyderabad while I was visiting there, was quite impressed. Went to order it in Bangalore, and TDed again - and it was just a dull dull car, with loads of turbo lag and no zing. I did think it was a problem with the TD piece , but then - couldnt quite take a chance. So left off the i20 CRDi and booked a Polo.
Old 19th August 2010, 19:34   #299
BHPian

my family saw the pics and they were like hey the interior is just like our vernas :o
Old 20th August 2010, 00:47   #300
BHPian

Good review of a great car!

I believe delivery period is going to be a serious challenge for VW (untill they create a market like Dzire). Last week me & my friend went to VW showroom in Bangalore to book Polo & we were told that delivery will be in Jan 2011. Result - My friend dropped Polo & booked a Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks