Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 16:09   #3166
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Got the car delivered today!.
Everything went on smooth in the showroom.
I am yet to get the extended warranty certificate and number plates from the dealer.
RC book, it seems would be sent to my residential address thru post. Is that the normal procedure?

They havent enabled the autolock beyond 15km/hr feature. Should I go see the service adviser for enabling it?

Currently (as soon as I took the delivery and driving towards home), I see the mileage as 8km/l. This is TDi. Is this normal?
Old 5th October 2011, 16:15   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
I am yet to get the extended warranty certificate and number plates from the dealer.
RC book, it seems would be sent to my residential address thru post. Is that the normal procedure?

They havent enabled the autolock beyond 15km/hr feature. Should I go see the service adviser for enabling it?

Currently (as soon as I took the delivery and driving towards home), I see the mileage as 8km/l. This is TDi. Is this normal?
Hearty congratulations. Please do visit the service centre and get the auto lock feature activated right away. Do you drive through bumper to bumper traffic and was this 8 kmpl instant mileage or overall mileage you got for the trip?
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:35   #3168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post

Heartiest congratulations on the new car . You can refer to this thread , we have discussed some useful features which you may find interesting as an owner http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html

As prabhu has mentioned , when quoting the mileage you have to consider whether its the instantaneous or the cumulative one you are considering . Also mileage in a short drive makes no sense - further mileage after a short drive and in stop-go traffic with lots of idling makes even less sense.

Wish you many miles of happy driving on your Vento , we are waiting eagerly for the pictures and your thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Hearty congratulations
Prabhu , did you get delivery of your car ? I remember that you had posted pictures of your car in the shed . Are you changing tyres ?

Last edited by souravc : 5th October 2011 at 16:39.
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:46   #3169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Prabhu , did you get delivery of your car ? I remember that you had posted pictures of your car in the shed . Are you changing tyres ?
I am taking it on Saturday since today and tomorrow are holidays here. And I have some important work on Friday. Tyres, still not decided.
Old 5th October 2011, 17:10   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations. Please do visit the service centre and get the auto lock feature activated right away. Do you drive through bumper to bumper traffic and was this 8 kmpl instant mileage or overall mileage you got for the trip?
Thanks prabhu.
This I dont remember. Super exicted about the entire events and I was just going thru each options in MID. Hence didn't notice whether it was instant or overall.
I drive in Blore. So it has to be bumper to bumper.
EDIT: Just noticed your location is also blore. Of course, you should know.

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations on the new car . You can refer to this thread , we have discussed some useful features which you may find interesting as an owner http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html

As prabhu has mentioned , when quoting the mileage you have to consider whether its the instantaneous or the cumulative one you are considering . Also mileage in a short drive makes no sense - further mileage after a short drive and in stop-go traffic with lots of idling makes even less sense.

Wish you many miles of happy driving on your Vento , we are waiting eagerly for the pictures and your thread
Thanks Sourav. Let the dust settles in. I shall upload pictures and other stuff.

BTW, have any one noticed a slight vibration that you could feel in the clutch? Am i being too sensitive or is this normal?

Also, when I took the TD few months back, I "remember" seeing a digital speedo in the MID. Is that feature there in Vento or did I day dream?

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 5th October 2011 at 17:11.
Old 5th October 2011, 17:24   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks prabhu.
This I dont remember. Super exicted about the entire events and I was just going thru each options in MID. Hence didn't notice whether it was instant or overall.
I drive in Blore. So it has to be bumper to bumper.
EDIT: Just noticed your location is also blore. Of course, you should know.

Also, when I took the TD few months back, I "remember" seeing a digital speedo in the MID. Is that feature there in Vento or did I day dream?
Was it VW Downtown? I think the digital speedo is there in fluence and civic. Not sure about other cars. I will be taking the car on saturday and have requested for the 15 kmph auto lock feature to be enabled. Hopefully they do it!

OT: Also today there is/was a cricket match going on at chinnasamy stadium, very close to VW Downtown. Maybe the reason why the traffic was high on a holiday
Old 5th October 2011, 17:59   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Was it VW Downtown? I think the digital speedo is there in fluence and civic. Not sure about other cars. I will be taking the car on saturday and have requested for the 15 kmph auto lock feature to be enabled. Hopefully they do it!

OT: Also today there is/was a cricket match going on at chinnasamy stadium, very close to VW Downtown. Maybe the reason why the traffic was high on a holiday
Yes this was downtown. Congrats in advance on your delivery.
I did TD of Verna, Vento, Fiesta, T-Jet all at the same time (2-3 day gap). Hence right now cannot remember properly whether I saw the digital speedo in Vento.

EDIT: Digital speedo is there in Vento.
Discover The Vento in 4 trim levels. < Vento < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India

In the Comforts section, they have quoted this.
Quote:
Multi-Function display includes digital speed display, fuel efficiency and distance till empty and service reminder

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 5th October 2011 at 18:11.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:17   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sourav. Let the dust settles in. I shall upload pictures and other stuff.

BTW, have any one noticed a slight vibration that you could feel in the clutch? Am i being too sensitive or is this normal?

Yes , there is a vibration which you would notice , especially if you are graduating from a petrol car
. The clutch would seem hard too . These are normal

There is a digital MID , you have to toggle the switch and you would find it

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 14:20. Reason: There is no need to type in all BOLD. Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 22:43   #3174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I think the digital speedo is there in fluence and civic.
+1 to Sourvac's post - digital speedometer is there. And quite accurate to the analog speedometer. And a more useful feature is the speed limit - atleast you'll find it useful during the run-in period!

Quote:
I think the digital speedo is there in fluence and civic. I will be taking the car on saturday and have requested for the 15 kmph auto lock feature to be enabled. Hopefully they do it!
Catch hold of the service guy who does the (dealer) pdi. Luckily when I went to do the pdi, he was checking the car using the VAS (?) machine. Asked him if he could do it, he nodded and it was done the next minute. If you go through the sales guy, the TAT could go into days

Quote:
Deja Vu - had put up almost a similar Q on the day after getting my car. I guess this is normal.

Btw congratulations anToNIcHeN - the forum has a serious lacking of red ventos - do put up pics (& thread!) of the red lady!
Old 6th October 2011, 10:58   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , there is a vibration which you would notice , especially if you are graduating from a petrol car . The clutch would seem hard too . These are normal.
There is a digital MID , you have to toggle the switch and you would find it
Went for a drive at night yesterday with family. Yes I did notice the speedo. .
BTW, I upgraded from an Accent CRDi. But this vibrataion was slightly more than the Accent too!. Hence the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1 to Sourvac's post - digital speedometer is there. And quite accurate to the analog speedometer. And a more useful feature is the speed limit - atleast you'll find it useful during the run-in period!

Deja Vu - had put up almost a similar Q on the day after getting my car. I guess this is normal.

Btw congratulations anToNIcHeN - the forum has a serious lacking of red ventos - do put up pics (& thread!) of the red lady!
Thanks Ninja. Surely, I would put up the pics shortly!.
Old 6th October 2011, 17:32   #3176
BHPian

Hello all,

Is it just me or does the Vento's engine sound like an Indica's engine with all of its clatter ?

The cabin noise isn't much but if you pull down the windows the noise is quite high. They sure could have refined the engine a lot more for the price they've charged.
Plus the center console is angled towards the driver, which means the driver loses a lot of leg space. The seats are quite hard they aren't plush and comfortable it is like sitting in a race car.
Old 6th October 2011, 17:37   #3177
BHPian

I've to add to my previous post the arm rest design is absolutely bad and the gear knob could have been a bit taller and bigger to grip.
Why do automobile manufacturers think that they can release just about any car in the Indian market without putting fore thought that India is the next biggest market ?
Old 7th October 2011, 01:07   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I am taking it on Saturday since today and tomorrow are holidays here. And I have some important work on Friday. Tyres, still not decided.
Hearty congratulations, Antonichen and Prabhu, on your new cars. Happy to see so many Bangalore TBHPians with Ventos.

This calls for a proper Bangalore Vento meet! Lots to share and learn.

Quote:
Yes, this is normal. GTO had mentioned this in the official review. It is the feedback from the drivetrain.

Last edited by nileshch : 7th October 2011 at 01:26.
Old 7th October 2011, 09:57   #3179
Distinguished - BHPian

@Captain,
If they resolved all issues in the first version itself, what will they introduce in the face-lifted versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
Hello all,

Is it just me or does the Vento's engine sound like an Indica's engine with all of its clatter ?

The cabin noise isn't much but if you pull down the windows the noise is quite high. They sure could have refined the engine a lot more for the price they've charged.
Yes, it does make a lot of noise. Can't help it. But on a drive, if you pull down the windows, generally the outside noise easily shadows the engine noise. Not a pain point for most of us Vento owners.
Quote:
Plus the center console is angled towards the driver, which means the driver loses a lot of leg space. The seats are quite hard they aren't plush and comfortable it is like sitting in a race car.
Thats a first one. Infact I found the leg space of Vento to be more spacious than Verna & Fiesta. Are you over 6 ft? A lot of 6+ buyers have found the vento to be tough to sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
I've to add to my previous post the arm rest design is absolutely bad and the gear knob could have been a bit taller and bigger to grip.
Honestly, I love the gear knob - I prefer it better than most of the competition. Even the i10/i20 has a similar gear knob, and very well accepted.
The arm rest position is badly designed. Checkout my ownership thread, only today did I post about the same.
Quote:
Why do automobile manufacturers think that they can release just about any car in the Indian market without putting fore thought that India is the next biggest market ?
A big generalization. On the contrary the Vento has been more than customized for the indian continent. The issues you have mentioned are there, but there will be issues in every car - we have to compromise on some matters atleast, don't we.
Old 7th October 2011, 10:03   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Hearty congratulations, Antonichen and Prabhu, on your new cars. Happy to see so many Bangalore TBHPians with Ventos.

This calls for a proper Bangalore Vento meet! Lots to share and learn.

Yes, this is normal. GTO had mentioned this in the official review. It is the feedback from the drivetrain.
Yes, we need to plan a Vento meet. Maybe we should go to the grasslands near Hesarghatta? Lets take it up in the Bangalore meets thread. 28 hrs to go.

Coming back to Vento, did you get the side protector? As mentioned in this link? Vento Accessories < Value Adds < Welcome to Volkswagen India

To start with am thinking of going for this and the Kagu mats. A week later the sunfilm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks