Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 16:05   #2416
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

(my last post w.r.t to delivery time frames on a TD thread )

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
6-7 months is certainly not correct , it would not be more than 3 months
This time frame is for RED color Vento-D HL. Sundaram SE says that they had got only one Red color from the time they had opened the showroom (4-5 months?)..Claims Silver is easily available & deliveries are 3 months.

But there are cases like this too

volkswagen Vento diesel high end model Complaints - delay in delivery

Quote:
as i have booked volkswagen vento diesel high end model silver metallic on 20.08.10 booking no is A232 since u have committed delivery within 4-5 months but it has taken ages to deliver the car . as i have paid Rs 75000/- by cheque in advance. And there is no positive reply from ur end even after my n number of visit to ur show room(ABROS. annanagar chennai). If i am not getting positive reply from ur end within 2-3 day ur forcing me to take action thro consumer court.
Plz do the needful
CUSTOMER NAMEr.V.Diwkar
Booking no: A232
This was on posted on June 21, 2011
Old 11th July 2011, 21:53   #2417
BHPian

Sorry for being a little late on this, but I think we should clarify here what does refining of the engine mean here. IMHO the sound / noise of the engine is definitely not a criteria for refinement. There are much more an bigger things that are responsible for refinement.

If we go by the sound / noise of the engine then I think that Laura's engine growl Is also on the higher side, does that mean that it is not refined ? The engine is the heart of this car and it responds to any situation given to it pretty well, IMHO that is a sufficient ground for it being "refined"

I don't believe that Verna's engine is better refined than vento's or Vento's engine is better refined as compared to the Verna's. We have to take all the figures and performance into account
Old 11th July 2011, 22:00   #2418
Senior - BHPian

Excuse me for this OT comment too -

Surprise - Why go that far? Take my case - Booked on 2nd March 2011 with Abra Motors, CIT Nagar - White TDI HL. Latest information from the dealer states I'm 8th person waiting in the queue for a white HL and going by the current trend it may take another 3 months to get hold of mine!

I'm almost at the verge of cancelling my booking by this week. I have escalated this to everyone as mentioned in the delivery delays thread, but havent heard back from anyone so far.

Another OT comment - Checked out the new fiesta today, came back pretty impressed. I would suggest you to hold on to your NFS booking, I feel vento isnt just worth the insane waiting period quoted in this part of the country, neither is the attitude of salesmen is anything to write home about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
(my last post w.r.t to delivery time frames on a TD thread )

But there are cases like this too

volkswagen Vento diesel high end model Complaints - delay in delivery

This was on posted on June 21, 2011
Old 12th July 2011, 12:58   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I feel vento isnt just worth the insane waiting period quoted in this part of the country, neither is the attitude of salesmen is anything to write home about.
@bala80: This thread is also visited by many Vento owners apart from aspiring buyers. Unless you justify your comments, It hurts the people who owns this car. Since most of them who got their cars liked it.

But I agree on sales part, everywhere it's the same scene.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:31   #2420
Distinguished - BHPian

Called up my local VW dealer to book my monsoon checkup apppointment. They really do need a better front office .

Me: Hi, I am calling to book my free monsoon checkup appointment
Receptionist: Sure sir. I will give you an appointment
(frantic rustling ensues)
Receptionist: Please hold on sir
Me: Sure
Receptionist: (in Marathi, to someone else): where is that damned service appointment register (voice replies: it's right there) NO IT ISN'T! (voice replies: I think sir took it) Did he? Why yaar? How am I supposed to take appointments now?
Receptionist: (back on the line): Sir, can I call you back?
Me: Sure
Recepionist (sounding hassled): For the APPOINTMENT. Can I call you back?
Me: YES, you may call me back. Do you need my number?
Receptionist (sounding relieved): Yes, sir. Please give me your number. I will call you back in 15 minutes.
---
15 minutes later, having presumably retrieved the service register from "sir"
---
Receptionist: Sir, from VW Pune, to book appointment.
Me: When can you give me an appointment?
Rec'nist: Next Thursday sir, July 21. You can bring it in at 10 am, take it back the next afternoon.
Me: That sounds goos, please book the appointment for me.
Rec'nist: OK sir. Thank you
Me: Ummm...don't you need my number?
Rec'nist: I have your mobile number sir.
Me: Umm...car number?
Rec'nist: Yes sir...can you give me your car number?
Me: (stop saying "Sure"- it confuses her). OK- my number is MH12-XX-XXXX
Rec'nist: Which car is this?
Me: Vento Automatic.
Rec'nist: Diesel no?
Me: No! It's a petrol automatic (VW didn't launch a diesel AT. If you were on T-BHP you'd have known!)
Rec'nist: OK, petrol. Is this your first service?
Me: . No it's not a service- it's the monsoon check-up. The free monsoon checkup. You guys sent me a flyer.
Rec'nist: You don't need a service?
Me: No! My car was bought in January, I've just completed 7,000 km...
Rec'nist: No service?
Me: (giving up): No service.
Rec'nist: You bought the car only in January?
Me: YES!
Rec'nist: OK sir, I will book your appointment for Thu July 21st for the checkup. Please bring your coupons and RC book when you bring car.
Me: Sure (damn! Hang up before she can say anything else)

Last edited by noopster : 12th July 2011 at 13:35.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:38   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Called up my local VW dealer to book my monsoon checkup apppointment. They really do need a better front office .
I totally agree with you noops!

Check out my thread for their disastrous answers for my service appointment.

BTW guys, my car has done 13,800 KM on the ODO and soon I will come back with detailed report on their service and service centers.

Here is the thread for the servicing of the Vento:
Volkswagen Vento service and service center feedbacks
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 15:51   #2422
BHPian

Hey everyone, my Vento TDI ownership review is up for reading!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-highline.html

Cheers!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:37   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
@bala80: This thread is also visited by many Vento owners apart from aspiring buyers. Unless you justify your comments, It hurts the people who owns this car. Since most of them who got their cars liked it.

Topspeeder, one can understand Bala's sentiments since he has been subjected to a very traumatic waiting period which I guess has forced him to cancel the booking and go for the NFS. Thats quite a bit of faith on Ford given that price is unknown and delivery schedule is unknown, not something that they have done something to earn that kind of faith in India IMO . Just as he is entitled to his opinion , its not the last word on the Vento. You own a superb car , which has been earned praise from all quarters as a product . Its not a please all compromise like the NFS , it lacks certain frills / add-on features but happens to be best in its class in most of the qualities that make a good car

cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 21:00   #2424
Senior - BHPian

Topspeeder - If you go through my post above, Im also one amongst you. I liked the car, booked it and now waiting endlessly and god only knows when my wait is going to end.

And when I mentioned this part of country - I mentioned chennai as that's where member surprise is also from. The current waiting period with dealers in chennai for a TDI HL is 6 to 8 months and I'm not joking.

Now - Tell me what you think and whats wrong with what I have written? I have never said anything against the product but it is the dealers and VW too who is responsible for this.

Edit - Souravc - Thank you for standing by me. To tell you the truth, I havent cancelled my vento booking so far for the simple reason I'm not able to arrive at a worthy alternative. I checked the NFS for my friend and booked it for him and not for me. I'm still hoping VW will atleast revert back to me by this week and give me some update, have decided to wait till Friday and if nothing materializes will cancel the booking. The second choice for me was Cruze but i simply dont have the budget for it right now, if not the vento, I have decided to drive around my Swift for another 6 months, before i could save up enough and buy a cruze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post

Last edited by bala80 : 12th July 2011 at 21:07.
Old 13th July 2011, 05:31   #2425
BHPian

Hello everyone. Been away from this board and haven't kept up on recent posts. So apologies in case this is a repetition. 2 questions:

1) Does anyone know the K&N "AIR" filter specs for Vento? On the K&N Website they have the filter specs for the 1998 EUR/Russian Vento, but there is nothing mentioned about the Indian Vento. Wanted to get the K&N Air filter for Vento, as we've been using it on other cars (Baleno, Swift) with great success.

2) What is the grade of engine oil used in Vento? Is it 5W-40? Car has done approx 8k, and thinking of getting the oil changed manually with any leading brand's synthetic oil (before the 15k regular service).

Last edited by imjimmy : 13th July 2011 at 05:32.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:58   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@noopster: your account of the telephone call to the VW dealer is hilarious
It shows that the staff need to be trained well even in basic areas such as listening carefully to the customer and in knowing the models available. I can understand your frustration.

On a side note, I would like to share that I wanted to take a TD of the Vento but unfortunately I could not fit in the driver's seat at all (I am 6'2"). There was just no space at all! The legroom in the car is poor and also VW is offering very few features compared to the competition.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:17   #2427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
1) Does anyone know the K&N "AIR" filter specs for Vento? On the K&N Website they have the filter specs for the 1998 EUR/Russian Vento, but there is nothing mentioned about the Indian Vento. Wanted to get the K&N Air filter for Vento, as we've been using it on other cars (Baleno, Swift) with great success.

2) What is the grade of engine oil used in Vento? Is it 5W-40? Car has done approx 8k, and thinking of getting the oil changed manually with any leading brand's synthetic oil (before the 15k regular service).
Is it a petrol or a diesel?
In case it is a diesel, K&N will be more effective.
How much improvement did you find in Baleno & Swift?

Oil cahbge at 8K is a very good move indeed. Even more if it is a diesel. Like someone else pointed out VW reccomends to use semi synthetic during running in. Contact VW or look into Owner's Manual. In fact do the latter.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 09:16   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Is it a petrol or a diesel?
In case it is a diesel, K&N will be more effective.
How much improvement did you find in Baleno & Swift?

Oil cahbge at 8K is a very good move indeed. Even more if it is a diesel. Like someone else pointed out VW reccomends to use semi synthetic during running in. Contact VW or look into Owner's Manual. In fact do the latter.
Thanks for replying. Yep I have a vento diesel - highline TDi.

- the K&N has done excellent in both Swift and Baleno for several yrs now. I've always noticed that the engine revs up more freely with it. The car is just more fun overall. The problem is that for Swift and Baleno I was able to get the "part no" for the K&N stock replacement filter. But for Vento, there's no information available. That is why I asked - in case someone had put in/planned to go the K&N stock air filter route.

- Are you sure VW puts semi-synthetic oil? If so, why do they charge close to 1K INR for it? Based on my experience, synthetic is better for the engine, and the VWs in the US typically had full synthetic oil. BTW, I am assuming the grade is 5W40? If yes, then we'll probably look to get synthetic oil from any leading brand in that grade.

Last edited by imjimmy : 14th July 2011 at 09:18.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:46   #2429
BANNED

what is the final call on the tyre pressure for Vento TDI? Its been 4 months of me driving the car and I have no idea. I usually drive alone or with 2 people in the car. is the VW recommendation of 32 in front and 36 in rear ok for this on the bad gurgaon roads?

I have tried everything from 32 -34 and still am confused. pls help.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:24   #2430
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta's prices again prove that Vento is still the king of C segment in most aspects. Like GTO mentioned, Fiesta's prices start where Vento's end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks