Old 7th October 2011, 10:06   #3181

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

The seats were supposedly narrow but I find them fine. They are firm rather than soft which is good for the back! I am quite heavily built and have no problems sitting in this car. However as Ninja rightly said, anyone over 5'11" may have a problem especially with visibility.

The comment about India being given short shrift is not supported by fact. Apart from the cosmetic differences (smoked headlamps, white MID, black interiors etc.) and maybe an additional engine option (1.4) this is the exact same car as the South Africa or Russia spec Polo sedan!

Edit:
: Dudes, please plan the Vento meet on Sunday 30th morning somewhere closer to the city centre. I am in Bangalore then and woud love to be part of it!

Last edited by noopster : 7th October 2011 at 10:07.
Old 7th October 2011, 17:14   #3182

Has any Vento owner found the clutch making a noise when depressed ? There is also a slight pulsating feel...

My car has this from the moment I drove out of the showroom. The Showroom Executive said that was "normal" all cars have it - but I did not believe it, so finally had it looked at today.

There is a problem with some cars & VW has apparently already found the culprit & the cure.

So my car will be getting a replacement of the fluid line, and a newly designed bracket from VW to hold the pipe in place..

Will be putting up details on my ownership thread - once it is done
Old 7th October 2011, 18:25   #3183

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There is a problem with some cars & VW has apparently already found the culprit & the cure.

So my car will be getting a replacement of the fluid line, and a newly designed bracket from VW to hold the pipe in place..
There is a slight vibration in the clutch but I did not think that was a problem as I have also felt the same kind of vibration in our diesel Laura. Our Laura's clutch assembly had to be changed last year and Skoda execs had told us to not ride the clutch when driving as it was a common problem that lead to failure of the assembly in the long run.

I try not to ride the clutch on the Vento but if VW has a solution to this problem I am all ears and would be willing to get it implemented in my car.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:33   #3184

Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
There is a slight vibration in the clutch but I did not think that was a problem as I have also felt the same kind of vibration in our diesel Laura. Our Laura's clutch assembly had to be changed last year and Skoda execs had told us to not ride the clutch when driving as it was a common problem that lead to failure of the assembly in the long run.

I try not to ride the clutch on the Vento but if VW has a solution to this problem I am all ears and would be willing to get it implemented in my car.

A slight vibration in the clutch pedal is not what the problem is. It is during gear shift when one depresses the clutch, there is a fairly loud noise (cannot really define it) one feels a pulsating in the foot & a noise.

Obviously one is NOT supposed to rest one's foot on the clutch while driving. That is something I have never done. The clutch on my Octavia was perfect & was stock till I sold it with 56k on the odo.

As for the problem - check with your dealer workshop & see if the car at all has that problem...

Old 7th October 2011, 20:01   #3185

Has any Vento owner found the clutch making a noise when depressed ? There is also a slight pulsating feel...

My car has this from the moment I drove out of the showroom. The Showroom Executive said that was "normal" all cars have it - but I did not believe it, so finally had it looked at today.
Will be putting up details on my ownership thread - once it is done
While there is no noise in the clutch , the mild vibration can be felt . I would be keeping an eye on your thread for updates on the VW cure . If the mild vibration can be cured to zero vibration , nothing like it .
Old 7th October 2011, 20:37   #3186

Originally Posted by souravc View Post
While there is no noise in the clutch , the mild vibration can be felt . I would be keeping an eye on your thread for updates on the VW cure . If the mild vibration can be cured to zero vibration , nothing like it .
I did not post this to alarm all of you Vento owners The clutch, for that matter in most / any car with a diesel and a MT will have a slight vibration. What I experienced was way over normal.

Remember I have been used to MT Diesels for over a decade or more. So I know the normal feel vs an abnormal feel.

Aakhir experience bhi koi cheez hai

Old 8th October 2011, 18:54   #3187

Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:09   #3188

Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Congratulations Prabhu! So finally the car has arrived. I have been following your decision making process and really happy for you. So the black chariot is ready to welcome to the new arrival in a few months!

Ignore the MID reading (on FE) for a while, and enjoy the car. Try beating Ninja's record in completing 1K kms
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:09   #3189

Congrats prabhuferrari. Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
MaserQ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:22   #3190

Congratulations Prabhu, at last you have got your priced possession. Please do share here your initial impressions & lots of pictures, till the time you start your ownership thread.

Happy mile crunching.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:27   #3191

Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today.
Congrats on your prized possession. Clean and simple in design is that puts Vento above the rest!
i don't own a Vento but have from from the same stable!

Drive safe & Happy mile crunching!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 20:16   #3192

Congratulations, Prabhu! Would love to see the black Vento in pics. Please get your ownership thread up quickly!

Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
Congratulations to you, MaserQ! What colour have you chosen?
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 20:21   #3193

Prabhu , a very big welcome to the club - look forward to your ownership thread. Are you keeping your stock tyres?

Congrats prabhuferrari. Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
Which colour ? Which Vento ? Please get the PDi right . All the best !
Old 8th October 2011, 20:22   #3194

Prabhu ji Congratulations are in order, and I thought you already had one
Have miles of fun with the torque machine. What color did you go for ? Pics ?

congrats to you too though you are still to join the club, look forward to the ever growing tribe of Ventos on the forum !!

Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 20:36   #3195

Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today.
Finally the Black Beauty arrives. Congratulations! I expect a lot of beautiful photos on your thread - that is one photogenic color if there ever was!

Ignore the MID reading (on FE) for a while, and enjoy the car. Try beating Ninja's record in completing 1K kms
It ain't a race mate Plus remember I got a 3k+ trip coming up this month end!

. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
Wonderful. Do approach any of us if you need any help in PDI, etc.

. . .
@Prabhu, @Ricky, @MaserQ - while you guys enjoy your cars, please do not fail to have the tire(s) pressure checked up asap!

I did mine today, after a period of 2 weeks & 1400 kms - the air pressure in all four tires was between 42 - 45!!! Even though I had read about this in @noopster & others' threads, I forgot to do this earlier.

OT : Whom does VW assume will be driving their cars? Hippos?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks