Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 16:07   #9361
BHPian

Dear All,
I have a 2013 Vento highline diesel and have thoroughly enjoyed the 110 K km it has run so far.
The car has a peculiar problem since 2 days. When I try to start the car, ignition doesn't switch on! This happens about 3 to 5 times after which it switches on and I go about my commute.
This afternoon it took a total of 20 tries for it to start and I have promptly turned up at the VW service centre.

The moment I described the complaint, the service advisor said this would be a failure of the ignition switch and would cost about 5600 Rs to replace.
He also mentioned that this is a common problem.

Has anyone else had this problem so far?
Old 29th July 2019, 16:01   #9362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Dear All,
I have a 2013 Vento highline diesel and have thoroughly enjoyed the 110 K km it has run so far.
The car has a peculiar problem since 2 days. When I try to start the car, ignition doesn't switch on! This happens about 3 to 5 times after which it switches on and I go about my commute.
This afternoon it took a total of 20 tries for it to start and I have promptly turned up at the VW service centre.
Hey sunsetorange? Any updates on this? By any chance did you check it with any FNG?
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 05:33   #9363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hey sunsetorange? Any updates on this? By any chance did you check it with any FNG?
I got the ignition switch changed as I waited. It took about an hour and a half as the steering wheel and airbag had to be removed to access the switch.

Total bill was about 5800/- including labour and GST. Good as new now.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 11:29   #9364
BHPian

Hi All,

My 2012 Vento TDI is beginning to show its age. It's done 55k so far and after a particular incident has been showing some issues.

Thanks to the rain gods, 2-3 weeks ago the car was submerged in water till the silencer. I saw the situation at 5.30 am and quickly moved the car in the building and parked it on the stilt parking up slot.

Incident 1:
Car was on stilt parking for 3 days. I crank up the engine all fine but the car just wouldn't engage in any gear. Switch off the engine, check engaging gears, it works fine. No option ; got it towed to my friends garage. The fly wheel got stuck to plate; clutch plate and cylinder had to be changed.

Incident 2:
Driving the car around suddenly I heard a beep and the dreaded yellow light pops up. ABS it says. Send the car again. Scan says "Right Rear wheel speed sensor - Faulty Signal - Intermittent ". Change the ABS sensor.

Incident 3:
All good for couple of days, again the ABS light is back on. Send the car in garage again today. Now the Scan shows "Front Left wheel speed sensor" Now changing the left ABS sensor.

Has anyone else come across these issues ?

Off topic : For some weird reasons I'm not able to upload snaps from my phone says user doesn't have the rights. ( wanted to share the clutch assembly snap along with the scan screen shots)
Old 8th August 2019, 17:09   #9365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Hi All,

My 2012 Vento TDI is beginning to show its age. It's done 55k so far and after a particular incident has been showing some issues.

Thanks to the rain gods, 2-3 weeks ago the car was submerged in water till the silencer. I saw the situation at 5.30 am and quickly moved the car in the building and parked it on the stilt parking up slot.

Incident 1:
Car was on stilt parking for 3 days. I crank up the engine all fine but the car just wouldn't engage in any gear. Switch off the engine, check engaging gears, it works fine. No option ; got it towed to my friends garage. The fly wheel got stuck to plate; clutch plate and cylinder had to be changed.

Incident 2:
Driving the car around suddenly I heard a beep and the dreaded yellow light pops up. ABS it says. Send the car again. Scan says "Right Rear wheel speed sensor - Faulty Signal - Intermittent ". Change the ABS sensor.

Incident 3:
All good for couple of days, again the ABS light is back on. Send the car in garage again today. Now the Scan shows "Front Left wheel speed sensor" Now changing the left ABS sensor.

Has anyone else come across these issues ?

Off topic : For some weird reasons I'm not able to upload snaps from my phone says user doesn't have the rights. ( wanted to share the clutch assembly snap along with the scan screen shots)
I own a 2011 1.6 TDi, and have faced similar issues as you have mentioned.

Though, my gear selector used to get stuck while being submerged in water. Funnily, I used to just use the magic of inertia - get the car to speed and slam the breaks, I could hear some fluid getting off the car, and my gearstick used to be function fine. I might have been wrong in doing so, since it never occurred that it could be a faulty clutch assembly.

I have also had two of my ABS wheel sensors replaced till date.
sourishganguly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 17:44   #9366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
Dear All,

I am returning to India in September after spending 29 years overseas, mainly in Singapore and Australia. I need to buy a car. It will have to be a petrol automatic. I've been checking out the various options on the Internet. I had a look at the SUVs but wasn't impressed by whats on offer. Among the hatchbacks the one that I liked was the Jazz. Among the sedans I liked the Verna, City and Vento 1.2 TSI. I am tending to zero in on the Vento.

Chennai is my hometown. Being an ex air force officer I plan to buy the car through the CSD. Which dealer in Chennai would you recommend? What additional points do I need to look out for?

Very much appreciate tips and guidance from BHPians.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks in advance. Best regards,
If you like the Vento, go for it. Apart from the space constraints there is nothing against the Vento with that fantastic TSI engine/gearbox, build and handling. Yes you won't get the fancy DRLs or projector headlamps but other more useful features work out to be more effective than showy stuff.

As for buying from CSD, there are new rules in place now. Here's an article that explains the new buying process.
Old 8th August 2019, 18:00   #9367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
If you like the Vento, go for it. Apart from the space constraints there is nothing against the Vento with that fantastic TSI engine/gearbox, build and handling. Yes you won't get the fancy DRLs or projector headlamps but other more useful features work out to be more effective than showy stuff.

As for buying from CSD, there are new rules in place now. Here's an article that explains the new buying process.
Thank you, Lionell, for your advice. Vento will surely be one of my considered options.

Thanks also for the link to the new rules on buying through the CSD.

Warm regards,

Vidyadhar
Old 30th August 2019, 20:43   #9368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post

Vento Highline plus has LED DRL and auto adjust LED headlight (twin barrel)
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 02:58   #9369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
Vento Highline plus has LED DRL and auto adjust LED headlight (twin barrel)
I was originally planning my return to India in Sep 2019. Now due to some extraneous reasons it is postponed to March 2020.

The whole car scene in India changes next year with the introduction of BS6 compliancy requirements. The 1.2 TSI Vento was one of the cars in my consideration list. This car will no longer be there. There is talk of a new Vento being introduced with a 1.0 L turbocharged engine.

Not only the Vento, all other cars that I was thinking of checking out: the Verna, City and Creata will be different. To add to the confusion, several more brands/models are also being introduced. Seltos, Venue, Glanza and a host of others.

I plan to review the whole situation by Feb/Mar 2020 before zeroing in on a particular car.
Old 11th September 2019, 19:43   #9370
BHPian

Hi,

Last week I have given my vehicle (2012 1.6 D 75K ODO) for glow plug and check engine lights glowing on the instrument console. Got an update that the fuel rail which supplies fuel to the injectors needs replacement. Can anyone please suggest me good FNG in Hyderabad where I can get this verified and then decide on the fix.
Old 17th September 2019, 07:44   #9371
BHPian

Vento Facelift was launched on 4th Sep with the same BS4 engine.

Vento petrol automatic is still on my list and I plan to buy in March 2020. From 1st April 2020 only BS6 cars can be sold. The 1.0L BS6 engine is still under trial stage and is likely to come into the market in 2021. That's what I am given to understand.

My question is this: what engine will be offered from 1st April 2020? Anyone knows?
Old 20th September 2019, 10:20   #9372
BHPian

I bought the Vento TSI Highline Plus recently (couple of months back). I have been loving the way this car drives. Perfect combination of ease and sportiness clubbed together.
Coming from a i20CRDi(elite) earlier I do miss the feature comforts but every time I drive this car I feel much better about my decision. Even though the car is such an old model - there is no other automatic car in same price bracket which drives better.

I am still adjusting to the automatic (DSG) way of doing things and would like to seek some opinions from the veterans.

- I end up driving to office on the (in)famous Bangalore BTM-Bomanahalli-Silkboard-ORR in the worst of the traffic. As much I want that I do not creep a lot to avoid damage to the DSG this looks unavoidable. Do you think it helps to use the manual mode in crawling traffic; would it help to reduce the wear and tear to the gearbox over driving in the D mode?

- Whenever I need to overtake with luggage+4 people onboard or the up the incline (flyover ramps), I end up engaging the S mode for a short while to get the power burst and then come back to D after the overtaking manoeuvre is done. Does it hurt the gear box to drive it this way ? Also do it in situations where I have felt that the gear box doesn't want to let go of D6 or D7 and I need to get some power.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 10:48   #9373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I bought the Vento TSI Highline Plus recently (couple of months back). I have been loving the way this car drives. Perfect combination of ease and sportiness clubbed together.
Coming from a i20CRDi(elite) earlier I do miss the feature comforts but every time I drive this car I feel much better about my decision. Even though the car is such an old model - there is no other automatic car in same price bracket which drives better.

I am still adjusting to the automatic (DSG) way of doing things and would like to seek some opinions from the veterans.

- I end up driving to office on the (in)famous Bangalore BTM-Bomanahalli-Silkboard-ORR in the worst of the traffic. As much I want that I do not creep a lot to avoid damage to the DSG this looks unavoidable. Do you think it helps to use the manual mode in crawling traffic; would it help to reduce the wear and tear to the gearbox over driving in the D mode?

- Whenever I need to overtake with luggage+4 people onboard or the up the incline (flyover ramps), I end up engaging the S mode for a short while to get the power burst and then come back to D after the overtaking manoeuvre is done. Does it hurt the gear box to drive it this way ? Also do it in situations where I have felt that the gear box doesn't want to let go of D6 or D7 and I need to get some power.
1. Using the manual mode in bumper to bumper traffic is always better. It helps to reduce the work of DSG so the wear and tear is lesser

2. Company has given the S mode for the very reason you are using it. So there is no issue. But the D mode itself is good enough for 5 + luggage on board

3. Get your mind away from the probability that the DSG will go kaput and you will shell out a lot of money to get it repaired. These very worrisome thoughts refrain us from enjoying it to its fullest. At the same time just be wise, take extended warranty, shift to manual mode during B2B traffic and keep it stock (no remap)

Enjoy the Vento TSI, brilliant car.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 20th September 2019 at 10:50.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 20:11   #9374
BHPian

I observed increase in idle RPM of my 2011 Vento TDI yesterday. I started the car and come out of office and it was raining, I turned on the demister and AC, later I observed idle RPM has increased to 1000 RPM. I switched off the AC, it came back to normal and again back to 1000 RPM when I switched on AC. When I parked my car at home it was normal with AC switched off. I have not observed this behavior early.

Is it an indication of weak battery? The batter was changed 2 years back.

I have not taken the vehicle out for close to 3 weeks. In general, less usage nowadays (it crossed 1L kms).

Is this normal behavior or something to be worried about?

Appreciate your help.
Old 25th September 2019, 11:09   #9375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
I observed increase in idle RPM of my 2011 Vento TDI yesterday. I started the car and come out of office and it was raining, I turned on the demister and AC, later I observed idle RPM has increased to 1000 RPM. I switched off the AC, it came back to normal and again back to 1000 RPM when I switched on AC. When I parked my car at home it was normal with AC switched off. I have not observed this behavior early.

Is it an indication of weak battery? The batter was changed 2 years back.

I have not taken the vehicle out for close to 3 weeks. In general, less usage nowadays (it crossed 1L kms).

Is this normal behavior or something to be worried about?

Appreciate your help.
This is normal behaviour. As the electrical load increase the idling speed increases to generate more power. Both Ac and Demister consume a lot of power
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks