Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2019, 12:43   #9256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My other car Hyundai Getz does not allow so much outside air in recirculation mode. In fact in the Getz I never get to smell outside air. We have done 1.5 to 2 hour continuous driving without opening window, without any problem. Never felt deficiency of fresh air. I have always felt that the Vento is allowing too much outside air in in recirculation mode.

This could be sign of clogged fresh air intake in blower area. Get it checked, I keep recirculating in my car and never felt uncomfortable with outside dirty air.
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 13:54   #9257
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sorry to hear about this but I don't believe it's only a problem with a limited Ventos; unless you are ok to consider the batches released in 2011-2012 as "few".
VAG should have asked the Indian arm to replace these faulty injectors free of cost. It seems it is only a batch of fuel injectors which were faulty and used. Even after knowing about the problem VW on purpose kept silent though its cousin Skoda did a full recall and fix of the affected cars in India (as far as I know).

Quote:
My other view on this is the injectors (from Ventos in those batches) are working fine for workhouses; it's those who have reduced usage seem to get the problems. Anyway that's just a hunch.
That is weird. I might have a reduced usage due to circumstances. VW should not expect that I am running a taxi business.

Quote:
As for the remaining 3rd and 4th injector, well if you are lucky to get goodwill benefits from VW, then nothing like it. But more than replacement, repair seems to be possible - there have been several (Bangalore based) posts of owners getting the injectors repaired at a fraction (4-5K) of the cost incurred in replacing them. Suggest you do a search and reach out to those owners, while your process with VW Kolkata continues.
I checked around and a Bosch dealer offered a replacement Siemens injector for Rs 16K with 6 months warranty. While the dealer relented and gave me only 25% off on the faulty injector and free labor. I ended up paying about Rs 17k for the replacement. Given the situation and with VW's fuel efficiency scandal I have sworn off the VAG group entirely now, unless somebody gifts me a 911 .

Here in Sydney, while looking for my next upgrade to my current Nissan XTrail, I kept VAG completely out of the mix. Simply cannot rely on their brand any more. So for the new upgrade it was VAG's other German cousins, a Swedish workhorse & a British logo in the short list. If I can get some time, will put up a separate thread on my experience on the selection process and who I finally ended up with. Just due to the lack of time and perhaps laziness I failed to put up a proper full ownership report on the XTrail after almost 6 years of ownership
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:09   #9258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about this but I don't believe it's only a problem with a limited Ventos; unless you are ok to consider the batches released in 2011-2012 as "few".

My other view on this is the injectors (from Ventos in those batches) are working fine for workhouses; it's those who have reduced usage seem to get the problems. Anyway that's just a hunch.

Mine runs average of 15K per year. I have issues with injectors. 2011 March batch. But after they applied some update last time about 6 months ago, its not that bad and I have left them as is without changing them.
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:31   #9259
BHPian

I have a Vento TSI and I am observing a peculiar sound when accelerating. The sound is similar to the sound of pigeon bird not exactly but close. It comes only on acceleration after braking and after that there is no sound. The weird thing is that it only happens after a long drive of let’s say 2 to 3 hours or when the car is driven in bumper to bumper to traffic for long time. At short trips like my daily office commutes of 45 mins there is no sound at all. I spoke to Service centre (KUN Chennai) but they said they have not heard of similar case. They wanted to bring the car to check but as I said it does not recur for short trips so very difficult to demonstrate to them.There is no warning light when it happens.

Have any Vento TSI owners experienced similar issues? If there is no reference I may have to take the car to service centre when it occurs.
Old 25th January 2019, 18:48   #9260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
VAG should have asked the Indian arm to replace these faulty injectors free of cost. It seems it is only a batch of fuel injectors which were faulty and used. Even after knowing about the problem VW on purpose kept silent though its cousin Skoda did a full recall and fix of the affected cars in India (as far as I know).

VAG should have done this voluntarily. Now people have to go through all sorts of trouble.

Does anyone have issues with Injectors replaced under warranty. I got mine replaced (2011 1.6D highline model) replaced just in the nick of time (last service under extended warranty).
Old 25th January 2019, 19:13   #9261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad View Post
VAG should have done this voluntarily. Now people have to go through all sorts of trouble.

Does anyone have issues with Injectors replaced under warranty. I got mine replaced (2011 1.6D highline model) replaced just in the nick of time (last service under extended warranty).
I have a 2011 Diesel High line. I have not faced the Injector issue yet thankfully. Or at least I think I have not faced, as I am not sure what to even look for. To me car drives well as it should. Keeping fingers crossed.

Rachit
Old 25th January 2019, 20:41   #9262
BHPian

Quote:
VAG should have asked the Indian arm to replace these faulty injectors free of cost....
......Even after knowing about the problem VW on purpose kept silent though its cousin Skoda did a full recall and fix of the affected cars in India (as far as I know).
Just to tell the truth, Skoda never recalled and fixed the faulty injectors on Rapid.

I still own a 2011 Skoda Rapid, which clocked 1.25L kms. There are quite few complaints on Vento/Rapid injectors but they never recalled. I am one of those lucky ones who don't have issues related to injectors (till date not sure about Tomorrow )
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 18:50   #9263
BHPian

I have a Vento TDI 1.6 December 2013 model manual transmission (delivered in Jan 2014) and I've done about 80k kilometres. Have had my share of issues - replacing injectors, visiting the service centre for various niggles over the years. At the same time, I've seen a marked improvement in service levels over the last 2 years well, to the credit of VW. Love the torque in the TDI, and especially for highway driving.

I'm looking to change now primarily because of the Bangalore bumper to bumper drive making me look at an Automatic. I am also looking to move back to a petrol car, to get back to some smooth city driving - the sluggish 1st and 2nd gears in the Vento TDI are pretty rough on you. And I'm looking for something that can take in the lunar craters that people call potholes in Bangalore - and I guess no Sedan would therefore fit in. It needs to be an SUV.

Has anyone moved from Vento TDI to Ford Ecosport Titanium+ AT, and how do you feel about it. I know I'm going to miss on the TDI torque, but I'm willing to sacrifice a few days of highway joy, for months of some comfortable city driving. Yes, the FE is also going to be halved - but that's an inevitability on a Petrol AT. And lastly, I'm going to be missing the VW badge, but then that's that - German engineering, and branding needs to be sacrificed. If VW had a mid market SUV like the T-Cross, that would have been a straight choice.

We own a Creta Petrol AT which others at home use - so buying another Creta is not an option. Fort Ecosport seemed like a good one considering all the bells and whistles it comes it (which would be a huge change from the bland Vento interiors). Thoughts, and advice would be helpful in making this decision to move on...
Old 31st January 2019, 11:50   #9264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
I have a Vento TSI and I am observing a peculiar sound when accelerating. The sound is similar to the sound of pigeon bird not exactly but close. It comes only on acceleration after braking and after that there is no sound. The weird thing is that it only happens after a long drive of let’s say 2 to 3 hours or when the car is driven in bumper to bumper to traffic for long time. At short trips like my daily office commutes of 45 mins there is no sound at all. I spoke to Service centre (KUN Chennai) but they said they have not heard of similar case. They wanted to bring the car to check but as I said it does not recur for short trips so very difficult to demonstrate to them.There is no warning light when it happens.
How old is your TSi and what how much have you driven till date?

The peculiar sound during acceleration just after braking OR during bumper to bumper traffic is quite synonymous with some of the issues reported in this post.

Don't want to sound any alarm signals before knowing more info, but I would suggest to get the car thoroughly checked in view of the above.

Unless there is a significant breakdown indication, you might not get a warning light on the MID. Anyway, if the car is being driven by somebody else, you may want to suggest them to keep a watchout. For quick reference, you may want to go through this post as well to know more about warning indicators for a supposedly DSG related issue.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 13:19   #9265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodrkn View Post
Has anyone moved from Vento TDI to Ford Ecosport Titanium+ AT, and how do you feel about it. I know I'm going to miss on the TDI torque, but I'm willing to sacrifice a few days of highway joy, for months of some comfortable city driving. Yes, the FE is also going to be halved - but that's an inevitability on a Petrol AT. And lastly, I'm going to be missing the VW badge, but then that's that - German engineering, and branding needs to be sacrificed. If VW had a mid market SUV like the T-Cross, that would have been a straight choice.
You're in the same situation I was a year back. Ecosport was top in my list, but finally dropped it for non turbo engine, less mileage and short rear leg room. Finally ended up buying another Vento but TSI this time. PM me for any queries if you have.
driveup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:13   #9266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Just to tell the truth, Skoda never recalled and fixed the faulty injectors on Rapid.

I still own a 2011 Skoda Rapid, which clocked 1.25L kms. There are quite few complaints on Vento/Rapid injectors but they never recalled. I am one of those lucky ones who don't have issues related to injectors (till date not sure about Tomorrow )
That is interesting. There is a thread out here which specifically showcases the replacement advisory to all Skoda dealers. If your dealer did not do it then perhaps your dealer is probably just waiting for the issue to actually happen. You are lucky that you did not have to face this stupid issue. Anyway I have sworn off VAG cars for life now.

Attaching the advisory here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 6l CR Injectors_Electrical fault-2.pdf (218.7 KB, 188 views)
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:22   #9267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is interesting. There is a thread out here which specifically showcases the replacement advisory to all Skoda dealers. If your dealer did not do it then perhaps your dealer is probably just waiting for the issue to actually happen. You are lucky that you did not have to face this stupid issue. Anyway I have sworn off VAG cars for life now.

Thee was a technical advisory on Ventos too. Could be the same for Rapids. Was it replacement or just similar to the Vento one ?
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 17:04   #9268
BHPian

Quote:

I have been through this hassle thrice with my 2012 Rapid.

Firstly, they didn't even acknowledge the advisory which had to be shown to them to get them to back off a bit.

Then they replaced only the faulty injector. (Mind you, this failure had happened on one of my outstation trips and I had to drive the car in limp mode for 140 KMS to reach the nearest service centre)

The second time it again happened when I was enjoying the Nainital climb. Again the ASS persisted with the 'faulty only' to be changed approach. By this time I lost confidence in the car because I knew two more will go off any moment.

As luck would have it, the very next day when I resumed journey, the third failure happened. Although this one was intermittent as the injector picked up upon restarting the car.

I decided to escalate the issue and after much perseverance, Skoda relented and agreed that the injectors are indeed inferior. However, what came as a surprise was the fact that they decided to change all four injectors and not just the two remaining interior ones.

After the job was done, I enquired about this with the service manager and according to him the faulty injectors affect the other injectors over a period of time so they were advised by the technical team to change all four.

Living with a Skoda is not easy but I guess the sheer pleasure you get from driving the car makes up for the trouble
torque18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 13:07   #9269
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys (with older Ventos),
Got a fair bit of work on my 2011 Vento this week.

Now from this thread/forum, I believe the following folks have got their timing belt replaced at
dsr_rpm: 90km mark
Ramsagar: 120km mark
Noopster: ~95km mark
karansm4u: ~90km mark (was advised, not sure if it was replaced)
sweetvar26: ~90km mark (was advised, not sure if it was replaced)

I believe the manual states 8th year/ 1,20,000 kms for the replacement; which is just a few months from now. One of the additional items I brought up to the mechanic during the work was the timing belt; although I had asked the mechanic to check it, he forgot to do it :(

What's the realistic suggestion; take a chill pill and wait for next year servicing? Or a pro-active check to be done now itself?
Old 8th February 2019, 16:59   #9270
BHPian

Has anyone tried the Charcoal Activated Cabin Filter for Vento? It is listed on the VW India website in the accessories section for the car's interior. Part number: 6RG091700

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/accessories/vento.html

I could not find anything more from this part number, but charcoal activated cabin filters are otherwise available in the aftermarket. Not sure if these are from the same vendors, and the exact same product. Nonetheless, I will try it out when I have next service done for my car.

Last edited by halfbytecode : 8th February 2019 at 17:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks