Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 23:46   #8506
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Since your's is a new car, paint matching won't be an issue as the rest of the panels have not been faded or become dull a bit. Which color is the car anyway?

The quality of painting varies from service center to other. My neighbor's Jetta had a similar painting soon after delivery and the painted area had lot of bubble like rough surface, which I guess is dust being embedded on wet paint.
Yes, however, my car was just 3 months old, and had not undergone much fading, if it all, due to it being winters during those months, and covered parking for my car for most of the time.

I would just like to say, that it would be prudent to make sure they match the color 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Two photos: original damage and temporary dent fixing at VW service centre. I have not asked ASS yet but I am also wondering whether sourcing factory painted door would be an option.
I had hoped there was not much damage to the "machined creases" of the door. You should just get a new door, given the car is brand new.
halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 10:16   #8507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
My Garmin unit that came with my Vento keeps falling as the windshield holder is not sticking to the windshield. Anybody have this problem? Where can I get the replacement holder? Dealers in Chennai say they do not have any spare for the Garmin unit.
The rubber suction cup must have gone a bit hard so it leaks air. Here is what I found is the best solution

. clean the cup suction surface and the windshield where the you want to stick with a mild soap solution, followed by water.
. Dry thoroughly with a lint free cloth
. Moisten the suction cup surface with water
. Push the moist suction cup to the windshield and smoothen the edges with fingers

The cup should now stick for quite long
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 22:54   #8508
BHPian

Continuing from my previous posts about dents on the door of my Vento. A service centre near our place has a very good establishment: there is a proper paint booth in the basement. The service manager also told us that they can repair the dents. So I have two options:

1. Get the door replaced and claim insurance (because door cost is quite substantial).

2. Get the door repaired (will not claim insurance). While repairing the dents some paint will be damaged, so paint also will be repaired. Now my concern is whether the paint repair portion will show up like spot marks in the long term?

Which option should I choose? Is my concern about the second option valid?
Old 29th August 2016, 06:13   #8509
BHPian

@guite - Work out the cost difference the non claim benefit and price difference in claiming insurance. You can able to decide based on the money advantage from that.
And regarding painting, they will do for the whole door at the least and not for the spot alone. Depending on the paint booth and skills, the results will vary from excellent to worst, but will be way cheaper than ASS guys.
P.s: I encountered the same thing a year back in my car - dent in door + reprinting that. I went ahead with no claim and the whole thing came up for 6000 Rs including painting the full door. If I had claimed the insurance, I would've ended up paying only 3000 odd rs but lose around 7000 rs worth NCB.
Old 29th August 2016, 06:34   #8510
BHPian

@Guite -
As Printh said, work out the economics. As it's a new car, and if you hadn't had your previous insurance transferred the NCB wouldn't be that much I guess.
Plus, for a shade like beige, it would be very tough for after market places to replicate - heck, even some company workshops would find it tough.
Otherwise if you're sure bout your FNG guy's competency, get it done there and you can offset the slight mismatches in the touch up (if any) by sticking door side beadings.
Old 29th August 2016, 07:30   #8511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Depending on the paint booth and skills, the results will vary from excellent to worst, but will be way cheaper than ASS guys.
P.s: I encountered the same thing a year back in my car - dent in door + reprinting that. I went ahead with no claim and the whole thing came up for 6000 Rs including painting the full door. If I had claimed the insurance, I would've ended up paying only 3000 odd rs but lose around 7000 rs worth NCB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
@Guite -
As Printh said, work out the economics. As it's a new car, and if you hadn't had your previous insurance transferred the NCB wouldn't be that much I guess.
Plus, for a shade like beige, it would be very tough for after market places to replicate - heck, even some company workshops would find it tough.
Otherwise if you're sure bout your FNG guy's competency, get it done there and you can offset the slight mismatches in the touch up (if any) by sticking door side beadings.
Thanks for the responses printh and negativeH. This is a new car, no NCB from previous car. Work will be done at authorised centre for both options, whichever I opt for. If repair painting is not going to develop any spot marks few years later I will opt for this option. This ASS has good setup, I am sure they follow company procedures in their work. Moreover from the things I have seen in the body shop there, they seem to have done many similar jobs.
Old 29th August 2016, 11:03   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the responses printh and negativeH. This is a new car, no NCB from previous car.
For a new car, you should see the NCB you'll get at the end of a claim-free year. For me it was 20% and it came to just 2600 (not zero-dep). If it is such a low NCB that you may get, it will certainly be way lower than the insurance claim. Hence it would be prudent to use the insurance in this case.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 11:36   #8513
Senior - BHPian

Today I did test drive the 1.5 TDi DSG. Oh my God, I just couldn't believe that my 1.6 TDi is way too powerful and responsive. Even when the 1.5 revs at higher RPMs, the power delivered is not as great as the older engine. On an ascent at slow speed, shift to 2nd and press the pedal to metal the 1.6 spins the wheels like a beast. Though the DSG shifts are awesome on the 1.5, even in sports mode I do not think the power delivery can be beaten. All this time, I was thinking the opposite.

Also, the door quality has come down much on the new car.
Old 29th August 2016, 16:17   #8514
BHPian

Quote:
Today I did test drive the 1.5 TDi DSG. Oh my God, I just couldn't believe that my 1.6 TDi is way too powerful and responsive. Even when the 1.5 revs at higher RPMs, the power delivered is not as great as the older engine. On an ascent at slow speed, shift to 2nd and press the pedal to metal the 1.6 spins the wheels like a beast. Though the DSG shifts are awesome on the 1.5, even in sports mode I do not think the power delivery can be beaten. All this time, I was thinking the opposite.

I have to agree with the fact that you were not impressed. The same goes for me in that I drive a polo 1.5 for two years now and the Vento dsg does not seem to be offering any more thrills. The only benefit is that it is an automatic. I wonder how the TSi is?

Regards
Bharath
Old 29th August 2016, 19:25   #8515
BHPian

Now that I own the Vento TSI and driven quite a bit I find pick up sluggish. Till D4 it revs for sometime till 2k rpm at each gear and takes a bit of time upshifting. Apparently this happened as result of software revision aimed at solving the D3 - D2 jerking issue. Upshifts to D5 - D6 - D7 are smooth. By the way I do not press 'A' pedal to metal.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:04   #8516
BHPian

Quote:

I should also add that the 1.5 TDI is differently configured to the 1.6. It is more linear and does not have the sudden spurts of acceleration experienced in 1.6.

Regards
Bharath
Old 30th August 2016, 19:50   #8517
BHPian

Quote:
Two photos: original damage and temporary dent fixing at VW service centre. I have not asked ASS yet but I am also wondering whether sourcing factory painted door would be an option.
If you want to compare quotes, do try Trend automobiles on Hosur Road. I've had really good experiences with them so far.
Old 1st September 2016, 18:57   #8518
BHPian

Gave my Vento tdi 1.6 for 60k service and got it yesterday. I was charged 900 for coolant flushing. I do not remember seeing it on previous service. When I asked service advisor he says it helps to remove blocks on the passage and is part of the service. Has anybody come across this?
Old 1st September 2016, 19:14   #8519
BHPian

Quote:
Now that I own the Vento TSI and driven quite a bit I find pick up sluggish. Till D4 it revs for sometime till 2k rpm at each gear and takes a bit of time upshifting. Apparently this happened as result of software revision aimed at solving the D3 - D2 jerking issue. Upshifts to D5 - D6 - D7 are smooth. By the way I do not press 'A' pedal to metal.
I bought my car in May 16, so relatively new. But I don't find pick up sluggish. Yes, it does rev till 2k rpm sometimes, but it doesn't take time to upshift. And yes, upshifts to D5, D6 and D7 is smooth. I do get the D3 - D2 jerks sometimes, so not sure if are on the same version.

Maybe if you have a friend who has another TSI, you can probably compare...
Old 1st September 2016, 23:47   #8520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Gave my Vento tdi 1.6 for 60k service and got it yesterday. I was charged 900 for coolant flushing. I do not remember seeing it on previous service. When I asked service advisor he says it helps to remove blocks on the passage and is part of the service. Has anybody come across this?
Another scam to rip off customer. Coolant is filled for life, if I remember correctly. Only topped off as in when required. I be scared if they be doing any flushing sort of activity with coolant.

Ask them to refund your money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks