Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2016, 09:07   #8491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Had my Vento serviced at 75000 Kms. (April 2011 model) The refinement levels of the engine was the only sore point that I had mentioned and as expected the centre guys told me that they have done fuel adaptation and injectors might have to be replaced. I am not experiencing any loss of power or vibrations other than the sound similar to transmission lugging during start on inclines. Had brake pads and disks changed and it came to Rs 22K for everything.

Always dreaded that I may have to face this situation. Need to see how long before I have to get them replaced :(

Last edited by srishiva : 20th August 2016 at 09:10.
Old 20th August 2016, 09:46   #8492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Had brake pads and disks changed and it came to Rs 22K for everything.(
Is 22k overall bill value or just for brake disks and pads? Looks a bit on the higher side! Can you please upload a copy of the bill?
Old 25th August 2016, 12:35   #8493

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem with my 2014 Vento TDI 1.6. The car has run about 30k kms till now and so far everything works well. But off late in the past few weeks I've been noticing some vibrations in the clutch. It only happens when I release the pedal during a gear change and feels more aggravated during bumper to bumper traffic when I need to work the clutch more than usual.
I called up the service center (Autobahn, Navi Mumbai) and spoke to a SA. He mentioned it could be some issue with the engine mount and asked me to bring the car in for a check-up.
I was wondering if anyone here has also faced a similar issue and could provide some suggestions.
Thanks!
Old 25th August 2016, 12:56   #8494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The refinement levels of the engine was the only sore point that I had mentioned
Is this a problem that only recently arose, or has it been an issue since day 1?

Quote:
and as expected the centre guys told me that they have done fuel adaptation and injectors might have to be replaced.
Did you see the results? At the end of the MFMA it will show a screen which clearly mentions which injectors need to be replaced (if at all).

Also check which ECU firmware version you're running. I believe the newer versions (9972 is the latest) do help regarding the NVH - though I've not checked personally.

They always claim they've updated the firmware as part of the service/diagnosis, but I wouldn't believe it unless i see it with my own eyes - that i can say from experience!

Quote:
I am not experiencing any loss of power or vibrations other than the sound similar to transmission lugging during start on inclines.
Knocking?

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th August 2016 at 13:00.
Old 25th August 2016, 13:43   #8495
BHPian

Wanted to share a good experience at Volkswagen Bangalore (Elite Motors) on Hosur Road. I had purchased the vehicle there itself and have been having quite a smooth ride with them so far. But, regular servicing is one thing, repair due to an accident is another.

Last week of July, the Vento said hello to the sidewalk gradient in Sarjapur road. I think they fell in love because pulling them apart was a messy affair. The result was a coolant-less Vento with it's left side bumper and internals hanging out. Somehow nursed it back home (less than 300 meters). I had to travel the next day but then realized that it was the day of the bandh in Bangalore. Ugh. In my head, all i was thinking was "here we go! another painful experience awaits"

Luckily, I had the number of their Service Head (Patrick) and so called him up. He asked me to call RSA and that they will take the vehicle to Elite but work won't start until Sunday. I was leaving for work the next day and so the rest of the entire process was done over phone and with them taking over all necessary negotiations. They assigned a Service advisor (Reggie) to the case and he completely took over once I explained the situation to him.

With the estimate coming to around 60k, I decided to go for a claim (Bajaj Allianz). Work was done quickly and efficiently. The final amount came to ~48K (less than estimate) and I had to pay around 22K after insurance approval (lots of plastic parts :( )

What I wanted to let you folks know is that the experience was excellent. Right from the Service Advisor, the Service Head and the Insurance guy, they were all polite, understood that I was travelling and got most of the stuff done without undue arguments, discussions or delays. I had prepared for the worst and this was a pleasant surprise for me. Had the car back in exactly 6 days which I never thought they would. In addition, they have also kept the replaced parts in the boot. I sure would count myself lucky considering some of you sharing horror stories. In my case, I am glad I have the Vento back and I am glad I got it with these guys.

P.S. - now that I think about it, both our cars are from Elite (Figo and the Vento).

P.P.S - no, I don't work there! haha.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 14:34   #8496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Is this a problem that only recently arose, or has it been an issue since day 1?

Did you see the results? At the end of the MFMA it will show a screen which clearly mentions which injectors need to be replaced (if at all).

Also check which ECU firmware version you're running. I believe the newer versions (9972 is the latest) do help regarding the NVH - though I've not checked personally.

They always claim they've updated the firmware as part of the service/diagnosis, but I wouldn't believe it unless i see it with my own eyes - that i can say from experience!

Knocking?
I did not ask him which tests he ran. He said they have done fuel adaptation and also that one of the injectors should be replaced in future !

Yes, on startup there is a knocking sound and the engine idling is smooth. Mine being older version, they dont do firmware upgrade at the location and will have to go to a different location.

Will check with them again on the points you mention.
Old 26th August 2016, 16:20   #8497
BHPian

My Garmin unit that came with my Vento keeps falling as the windshield holder is not sticking to the windshield. Anybody have this problem? Where can I get the replacement holder? Dealers in Chennai say they do not have any spare for the Garmin unit.
Old 26th August 2016, 16:27   #8498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
My Garmin unit that came with my Vento keeps falling as the windshield holder is not sticking to the windshield. Anybody have this problem? Where can I get the replacement holder? Dealers in Chennai say they do not have any spare for the Garmin unit.
I too have this problem especially when the car is parked in scorching sunlight. I just make sure weekly once I remove it and stick it back so that it does not fall on its own. Normally it stays for around 2 weeks and then falls down.
Old 26th August 2016, 16:34   #8499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
I too have this problem especially when the car is parked in scorching sunlight. I just make sure weekly once I remove it and stick it back so that it does not fall on its own. Normally it stays for around 2 weeks and then falls down.
Hi Prabhul, mine falls off every 20-30 mins. :-(
When the problem started two years back, I used to do what you said. Later I used to remove it every day after the trip. But now I have gone past all those.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 21:07   #8500
BHPian

After a long duration of shopping which included numerous test drives, I (our family of three) booked a Vento TSI Highline last week and took delivery on Tuesday. The booking experience was not exactly hunky dory. The sales assistant assured me that they have ready stock available, which can be delivered as soon as my financing is ready. I booked with this dealer based on this assurance even though there is another dealer closer to my place. It turned out to be false representation. Anyway they placed order with the factory and it arrived in less than a week.

During the delivery process they were friendly and sincere, had the car spick and span, ready to be delivered. Except they missed the freebies: mud flaps and floor mats! It was installed without a fuss.

So far we have driven a little more than 50 km. It is such a pleasure to drive: smooth and silent. It looks absolute elegant; every friend / acquaintance who has seen it praises its smart looks. By the way it is Titanium Beige colour.

I have also changed the tyre to Michelin Primacy 2 ST. We feel it offers a much more comfortable and quiet ride than the OEM Apollo Alnac.

The user manual print quality, paper quality and detailed content display the manufacturer’s attention to quality and detail.

Unfortunately a bus choose to kiss (literally) the RHS rear door today. There are dents at multiple places, and it has to be replaced. While I thought factory painted door would be used to replace it, I have been told the VW service centre that painting will be done in their bodyshop. My main worry is will this painting match the rest of the car paint? Any input will be appreciated.
Old 26th August 2016, 21:59   #8501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
After a long duration of shopping which included numerous test drives, I (our family of three) booked a Vento TSI Highline last week and took delivery on Tuesday. The booking experience was not exactly hunky dory. The sales assistant assured me that they have ready stock available, which can be delivered as soon as my financing is ready. I booked with this dealer based on this assurance even though there is another dealer closer to my place. It turned out to be false representation. Anyway they placed order with the factory and it arrived in less than a week.

During the delivery process they were friendly and sincere, had the car spick and span, ready to be delivered. Except they missed the freebies: mud flaps and floor mats! It was installed without a fuss.

So far we have driven a little more than 50 km. It is such a pleasure to drive: smooth and silent. It looks absolute elegant; every friend / acquaintance who has seen it praises its smart looks. By the way it is Titanium Beige colour.

I have also changed the tyre to Michelin Primacy 2 ST. We feel it offers a much more comfortable and quiet ride than the OEM Apollo Alnac.

The user manual print quality, paper quality and detailed content display the manufacturer’s attention to quality and detail.

Unfortunately a bus choose to kiss (literally) the RHS rear door today. There are dents at multiple places, and it has to be replaced. While I thought factory painted door would be used to replace it, I have been told the VW service centre that painting will be done in their bodyshop. My main worry is will this painting match the rest of the car paint? Any input will be appreciated.
Congratulations on getting your new car. Too bad, it got damaged. Could you post a picture showing the damage?

Unfortunately, I did not have a great experience with the VW body shop, in the past. The colour of the paint they used does not completely match the factory paint's color. Nothing that anyone would really notice, but it's not a 100% match.

Other people may be able to tell you better about the VW body shops in your area. Hopefully they are better in this regard.
Old 26th August 2016, 22:09   #8502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Is 22k overall bill value or just for brake disks and pads? Looks a bit on the higher side! Can you please upload a copy of the bill?
Its the overall bill !
Old 26th August 2016, 23:22   #8503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
While I thought factory painted door would be used to replace it, I have been told the VW service centre that painting will be done in their bodyshop. My main worry is will this painting match the rest of the car paint? Any input will be appreciated.
Since your's is a new car, paint matching won't be an issue as the rest of the panels have not been faded or become dull a bit. Which color is the car anyway?

The quality of painting varies from service center to other. My neighbor's Jetta had a similar painting soon after delivery and the painted area had lot of bubble like rough surface, which I guess is dust being embedded on wet paint.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 23:24   #8504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Congratulations on getting your new car. Too bad, it got damaged. Could you post a picture showing the damage?
Two photos: original damage and temporary dent fixing at VW service centre. I have not asked ASS yet but I am also wondering whether sourcing factory painted door would be an option.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image.jpeg  

Old 26th August 2016, 23:27   #8505
BHPian

Photo of temporary fix.

iPad saves photos by same file name, so could not attach two photos to one post. Moderators please merge.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks