Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 23:23   #6991
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Yes there is no problem with RPM but when i press the accelerator even in idle, there is a delay in throttle response.

the rpm wakes up only after few 1-2 seconds, there is no immediate acceleration.
Old 30th March 2014, 08:57   #6992
BANNED

That doesn't look like the clutch is slipping. Try to drive some other vento petrol and see if you can replicate it.
Old 30th March 2014, 10:51   #6993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
the rpm wakes up only after few 1-2 seconds, there is no immediate acceleration.
Isn't that a characteristic of the Vento petrol? This was the main deal breaker for me against the petrol; a rubber band like effect. Or did it crop up only after 8k kms?

This question should ideally belong to the official Vento thread than here.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 12:17   #6994
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
I just took the delivery of Vento TSI, pepper gray.

I am facing problem with bluetooth connectivity. My phone is paired with the car. However, i am getting frequent disconnection. I am not able to make calls due to this. Phone is not connected automatically. When I am trying to connect manually, some times it connects, but with in seconds it got disconnected. Some time back some people in this forum faced similar problem. Can some one tell me what exactly is the problem?
Congratulations for the car.

as for the bluetooth do you have any power saving software on your phone. This usually turns off the bluetooth to save battery. Also sometimes by default it is in the phone settings that when bluetooth is not in use it shuts down.

Alternatively there is a mobile app named vw radio that helps you use your system through your mobile try installing and check whether it helps.
nick.cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 12:34   #6995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma

Isn't that a characteristic of the Vento petrol? This was the main deal breaker for me against the petrol; a rubber band like effect.
Torque generated by the petrol is significantly lower than the TDI so there is no comparison in low end grunt. But the petrol is NA and has a nice linear acceleration so don't know what this rubberbanding is that you are talking about.
Old 30th March 2014, 12:53   #6996
BHPian

Quote:
I have Vento petrol driven about 8K now, I have a strange issue. When I press the accelerator pedal the throttle response is not immediate, I can seen some delay in engine picking up the acceleration. I press the pedal it waits for few atleast 1-2 second and then engine responds. Its kind of irritating for me. I have asked the service center to check and they said all looks normal and I tried in test drive car and that looks fine for me.

what could be the issue??
Quote:
Yes there is no problem with RPM but when i press the accelerator even in idle, there is a delay in throttle response.

Does this happen during cold starts or does it happen even after the engine has attained operating temperature ?
Old 30th March 2014, 13:23   #6997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Torque generated by the petrol is significantly lower than the TDI so there is no comparison in low end grunt. But the petrol is NA and has a nice linear acceleration so don't know what this rubberbanding is that you are talking about.
May be 'rubberbanding' is a loose term, what I meant is the delay in throttle response and the slow building up of speed; which I have not noticed as much in any other petrol car. This is not in comparison with TDi.

Last edited by thoma : 30th March 2014 at 13:25.
Old 31st March 2014, 12:54   #6998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am facing problem with bluetooth connectivity. My phone is paired with the car. However, i am getting frequent disconnection. I am not able to make calls due to this. Phone is not connected automatically. When I am trying to connect manually, some times it connects, but with in seconds it got disconnected. Some time back some people in this forum faced similar problem. Can some one tell me what exactly is the problem?
Congrats on the purchase. I recall there was a discussion on the Bluetooth disconnection in the vento tsi thread in the Nov Dec timeframe. Although that was more related to music stream over Bluetooth getting disconnected. But it may help.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 09:49   #6999
BHPian

I can relate this to experience Automatic torque convertors where you press the accelerator and it takes few seconds to wake up.

it doesn't matter if engine is cold or hot, its the same experience.

its frustrating, you press the throttle and nothing happens for 1-2 seconds.

had been to Volkswagen Whitefield and the service adviser did not agree with my experience, they said this is not a diesel car, this is petrol and it cannot give immediate acceleration, i got frustrated with this response and told them vento is my 5th car and i am not new to cars.

i escalated this to VW and they forwarded the case to service center.
Old 1st April 2014, 10:02   #7000

Quote:

Hey, Congrats on your purchase.

Regarding Bluetooth connectivity, I had a similar problem during the initial days after purchase. You may want to 'Delete' the pairing and pair the device again. It worked for me.
girish4731 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 18:04   #7001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
Aniket,

Noticed you are from Pune. Which dealership is this. I recently moved from Vidyut to BU Bhandari and had a far better service experience.
Apologies was such delayed response

Yes, B.U.Bhandari is good. I have been their loyal customer since 2010. Then I had a Vista. Have always good freat service there, though there have some bad instances also but overall a satisfactory experience.
Old 9th April 2014, 14:41   #7002
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, VW has launched a special edition on the Vento called the Vento Preferred Edition. The Preferred edition has lot of additional features such as alloy wheels (the pre-face-lifted Vento’s design is used here), side door protectors, chrome embellishment on the window lines, door visors, boot spoiler and a ‘Preferred’ badge on the boot-lid.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-10007451_10152075613706234_893730364280598868_n.jpg

Thanks

AD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 9th April 2014, 18:46   #7003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi all, VW has launched a special edition on the Vento called the Vento Preferred Edition.
And the way I see, not one actually useful (& new) feature added to the car in this edition.
Old 9th April 2014, 18:47   #7004
BHPian

VW is coming up with yet another special edition?? wasn't the vw vento style launched sometime back to "boost sales"
Old 10th April 2014, 07:58   #7005
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen has gone about refurbishing the pre-facelift Vento sedan and is calling it the Vento Preferred.

Quote:
The vehicle is based on the mid-level Comfortline trim and is available only in a diesel variant. The Vento Preferred is priced at Rs 10.74 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai.
http://overdrive.in/news/volkswagen-...rs-10-74-lakh/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks