Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 11:55   #7066
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
2500 for just the rear emblem!! Thats day light robbery. I had the rear and the front VW emblems (that is onlyboth the VW monograms, not the 'Volkswagen' and 'TDi' letterings) on my Vento fixed for a total of approx 2000, IIRC, sometime in aug-sept 2013. Please visit the Rajajinagar service center. Thats where I had mine done and they are pretty much straight forward in their dealings.

Regards
ASVA

That's way too much for a piece of steel but I think it is the same with with other brands also. I recall the old story of VW logo theft and free supply of VW logos in Germany. I lost both the wheel logos of front wheels, planning to change it during the next service.

By the way this is my first post in Team-BHP. My Vento TDI is 3 years and 64000 kms young. My buying decision was based on GTO's review and I learned a lot from the members here. Thanks everyone.
newway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 01:01   #7067
BHPian

Hello

Has any Vento owner changed the brake pads of his car? I am looking for the part number of the Vento's brake pads. It would be mentioned in the bill if anyone has got it changed.

Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 08:02   #7068
BHPian

Hi Torque18
I'll provide you that by afternoon. I have the list and cost of all spare parts of Vento TDi. VW sales guys provided me this list just to prove that the spares are not that costly.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 14:56   #7069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi Torque18
I'll provide you that by afternoon. I have the list and cost of all spare parts of Vento TDi. VW sales guys provided me this list just to prove that the spares are not that costly.
That would be a great help. Also, please check the part number of the brake discs. I am planning to source these from the VW workshop here for my Rapid as we don't have Skoda dealership here.

In fact, you can upload the list for the benefit of all the members

Thanks

Last edited by torque18 : 14th June 2014 at 15:00.
Old 14th June 2014, 16:09   #7070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
That would be a great help. Also, please check the part number of the brake discs. I am planning to source these from the VW workshop here for my Rapid as we don't have Skoda dealership here.

In fact, you can upload the list for the benefit of all the members

Thanks
Hello torque18,

Sorry for the delay. I have now attached the list of Vento spare parts as provided to me by the Vento Faridabad sales team.

Vento Parts.xlsx

The brake shoes seems to be nicely priced.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 22:35   #7071
BHPian

I have wanted to post this for some time. This is just an appreciation for a job well done and some information for my fellow BHP-ians. I hope it's useful

I bought my Vento TDi in Feb 2012 and with extended warranty just for some peace of mind. I was really enjoying the power and torque of the 1.6 TDi. However, after the first service, I found the performance of the engine to have become some what muted. I had written about this on the forum also back then. Having extended warranty, I did not want to do anything and continued to drive my car in stock form.

But the desire for little more power kept creeping up and I started toying with the idea of performance tuning since last year. I did not want to jeopardize the warranty and neither did I want someone experimenting with my car. I heard about diesel tuning boxes and read up all that there is to read on our forum and certain other places on the net. I also considered re-mapping. I understand the latter's inherent advantages. However, I wanted a solution for my vehicle which was hard to trace/removable and customizable as per my needs. Not that the Vento screams for tuning. Let me be clear. I like it a lot. I wanted to maintain its stock character with an option to change to performance mode whenever I desire. The Vento’s stock performance just required some touch-ups, all this without blowing its engine, seizing it’s turbo or leaving a exhaust smoke screen behind.

I spoke to some Tuners and visited a few for demos. Lot of the tuning boxes gave me punchy performance and some came with 2-3 different maps too. I was impressed and I liked the way those boxes performed but none of them convinced me enough to put my money on them.

One of the tuners I met was EngineCAL. It seemed a sincere and clear explanation from the start. Their ‘Add-On Module’ or MECU, as they call it, certainly did not blow the competition away, yet in longer cogs felt somewhat more torquey. EngineCAL was quite clear that I finish running-in and get the oil change before they consider any tuning work. Since my first service was already done, they agreed to work on my car. Though I understood that their unit too was a Tuning Box, it certainly was not something they simply plug-in and ask you to drive. The best part was that I got to say how I wanted the Program/Map in their Unit to feel. It was a full two hour drive during which the Map was being fine-tuned constantly based on my inputs. I quite enjoyed myself. They were connected to the Module in the engine bay via a programming device and double-checked the values on a laptop with a tool developed by them for checking peak fuel pressures. It turns out that they had a data-base of fuel pressure maps of several cars against which they would compare the Map being tweaked in the MECU. Interestingly, all this was on-the-fly while we were driving on the highway. I think they call it real-time calibration.

It appeared to me that though their device supports a high degree of tuning flexibility, it was the gentlemen themselves who provided the edge to the tuning solution with a good amount of effort and knowledge to build Maps for several different cars taking into consideration design limits and smoke levels. I was pleasantly surprised when they followed me in their vehicle to check the increase in exhaust smoke when we did a quick run with the Unit switched-on versus off. In fact they did one more round of mild tuning after that. It was later that I came to know that they work as consultants to car & component manufacturers. Both gentlemen were ex-employees of a German OEM.

Its been about 5,000 kms since then and no Lamps and Chimes. The first Map they made for my driving style was very mild. Only over the next 1000 kms or so and over a few “calibration meets” did they increase the torque and finally bring it to the current level. Still, not quite as crazy as some of the others.
At the point of making my final decision I wondered if having an extra Map or two like certain other Tuning Boxes would have been advantageous. The thought of shuffling through different modes did feel kind of cool but I was looking for one dedicated, safe and custom developed Map for my driving style. Also, the engine reliability part stuck in my mind. Finally, their personal involvement and attention to detail helped me make my decision

Their seriousness towards engine reliability was evident from their explanations and the way they went about their job. They also gave clear cut instructions on their control unit's usage. One of the instructions which I appreciate the most is to switch to performance mode only after driving for a few kms for engine warm up. Putting me on their mailing list about the dos and don’ts for engine upkeep, which I observed had been updated every year, was a nice touch too.

I will post about the Vehicles performance and fuel consumption from time to time.

Disclaimer – I am in no way associated with EngineCAL or its activities.

Regards

ASVA
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:43   #7072
BHPian

Hello

I am in need of some help for my car (Rapid). My car's brake discs and pads require replacement again. Since we don't have the presence of Skoda in our city, VW is my only hope for the spares.

However, this time they are not ready to do counter sales of the parts and they say they can do it only against a Vento VIN and RC. So will it be possible for anyone to share your car's VIN and copy of RC?

Regards
Old 18th June 2014, 11:43   #7073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Hey. I am proud owner of a Vento Comfortline version (Petrol). 300kms Young.
I have a query about the car's central locking.
When the car is locked from inside by pressing the central locking switch the doors seem to open when the internal handles are pulled.
Is this normal?
I had a Santro earlier when centrally locked the doors never open when handles were pulled.
Saw this post a while ago. I presume you that you are referring to Child Lock when you meant opening the door from inside the car. In Vento, Child Lock and Central Locking are two different concepts. When you engage central lock, all doors are locked from outside i.e. the doors can not be opened from outside. However, if you don't want the doors to be from inside, then you need to activate the Child Lock. This is little tricky and involves getting down from the car to activate and deactivate the same. The child lock is available on the side of the rear doors (and only rear doors!).

The first photograph appended below shows one of the rear doors.

When the door is opened fully, you will find 4 holes covered with rubber beads as shown in the second photograph. The keyhole shown with the arrow mark is the child lock system. Use the Engine Start Key to activate and deactivate the Child Lock.

The third photograph gives a closer view of the child lock.

The Child Lock along with Central Lock (button at the arm rest on the driver's side), will ensure that the rear doors can not be opened when the engine is on. However, opening the rear door when the child lock is active, is slightly cumbersome. The front passenger has to get down and open the rear door from outside. Alternatively, when central lock is disengaged, the rear passenger himself can open it using outside handle (only).

Though this looks to be slightly cumbersome, I hope this is done with a purpose to ensure full proof safety for children in the car!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_0159-copy.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_0160.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_0161-copy.jpg  

Gokrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:58   #7074
BHPian

Some disaster and recovery of my blue wind

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3460587
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:11   #7075
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento and Rapid speculated testing the 1.5l diesel engine. Could expect to launch during the festive season. Will it have the 1.5 l diesel with DSG too?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagencarsspiedtogether.jpg

http://www.rushlane.com/vento-polo-r...-12123758.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd July 2014 at 16:13.
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:28   #7076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Has any Vento owner changed the brake pads of his car? I am looking for the part number of the Vento's brake pads. It would be mentioned in the bill if anyone has got it changed.

Thanks
6R0698151A: 1 Set of Brake Pads: Costs INR 2686
6RF615301A: Brake Disc (Ventilated): Costs INR 1898.69 (For One)
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:34   #7077
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin is planning to book a Vento Diesel top version(He is moving from TN to KA). Can any one suggest a good VW dealer in bangalore? Also, any idea about the current waiting period for Vento Diesel top version?
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:34   #7078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My cousin is planning to book a Vento Diesel top version(He is moving from TN to KA). Can any one suggest a good VW dealer in bangalore? Also, any idea about the current waiting period for Vento Diesel top version?
Hi, the Vento is hardly selling in good numbers. When we were looking for a car back in April, we enquired about vento as well. All the models are readily available with every dealer. Got a call from one of the dealer even last week who was offering me 2013 with hefty discount. Please do check properly regarding the manufacturing date. they will try to get rid of 2013 models. Good luck
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 00:36   #7079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
6R0698151A: 1 Set of Brake Pads: Costs INR 2686
6RF615301A: Brake Disc (Ventilated): Costs INR 1898.69 (For One)
Thanks!

I have already got the spares. The prices have changed a bit it seems

Brake pads are cheaper at 1800 although the part number is also slightly different. I think Vento has two types

Discs are dearer at 2174.
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:26   #7080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Preference would be vw Whitefield or palace cross. Experience can be a hit or miss or average depending on the SA and our luck. I had a very good buying experience with VW Palace cross. I can PM the SA contact if interested. Is one of the senior guys there. Also as mentioned in the previous post, they all may have stock of 2013 early 2014 cars. Make sure to double check based on the Vin.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks