Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2014, 00:48   #7036
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

hello guys, im from kolkata and am a proud owner of a vento tdi for the last 7 months. i am extremely satisfied with my car except for the poor headlight quality. can someone please suggest an upgrade for the headlights. i do not want to void the warranty. i do a lot of highway driving at night and its a pain with these weak lights.
Old 25th May 2014, 07:57   #7037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
can someone please suggest an upgrade for the headlights. i do not want to void the warranty. i do a lot of highway driving at night and its a pain with these weak lights.
Hello aak91,

Headlamps with projectors is the ultimate solution for this poor visibility issue. There are two ways you can get them installed:
  • Option 1: Purchase imported/modified headlamp assembly units and get them installed.

• Option 2: You can get the projectors installed in the existing headlight units of your car from a well reputed mods expert.

Also check these links:

Most of these stuff are plug and play upgrades and doesn't entail wire cutting, so no warranty issues AFAIK.

Hope this helps
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 11:32   #7038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
hello guys, im from kolkata and am a proud owner of a vento tdi for the last 7 months. i am extremely satisfied with my car except for the poor headlight quality. can someone please suggest an upgrade for the headlights. i do not want to void the warranty. i do a lot of highway driving at night and its a pain with these weak lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Hello aak91,

Headlamps with projectors is the ultimate solution for this poor visibility issue. There are
That's not a great response, especially wrt to this thread, considering it has been discussed countless times out here.

Projector headlights is one of the solutions, and a bit risky considering how some of the VW dealers might not agree on it wrt to warranty claims.

A safer and equally good alternative is to go for better headlights, something several Vento bhpian owners have already opted for, and documented it in their respective threads (or on this thread).

@aak91, do a search on this thread for headlight issue, or an easier alternative, check out @el lobo 6061's Black Vento ownership thread. He has documented it in detail with specific product details and how to get it done.

P.s. The obove opinion is from an existing Vento owner with Morimoto projector lens

Last edited by ninjatalli : 25th May 2014 at 11:33.
Old 25th May 2014, 13:45   #7039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
A safer and equally good alternative is to go for better headlights.
Though safer and painless as well, swapping bulbs for Osram NB+/Philips XV improves the visibility just by margin, not of much help IMHO. I would like to bring up a quote from el lobo's thread here.

Quote:
That's not a great response, especially wrt to this thread, considering it has been discussed countless times out here.
My apologies, I didn't mean to project it as the only solution. My intention in using the word "Ultimate" was to stress upon the fact that it would be the most productive option.

Quote:
A bit risky considering how some of the VW dealers might not agree on it wrt to warranty claims.
VW dealers are tad more finicky about warranty terms. I request the OP (aak91) to check with his service manager before proceeding for any mods.
Old 27th May 2014, 14:43   #7040
Senior - BHPian

Steering Humming noise

I need some suggestions on what could be wrong with my steering. When I turn more than one turn (during U turns mostly) at low speeds, I hear a humming sound (more like gooom...). I am not sure if its got to do with the motor or something.
Old 28th May 2014, 12:07   #7041
BHPian

I too get a humming noise when the car is in idle and again when the car is crossing 80kmph speed and then vain off. There was a slight spillage of oil around the injectors when I opened the engine cover. But the oil level had not dropped. Also noticed that couple of injectors had also rust over it. Took it to the service center and they confirmed it is leakage and it is not major. Requested me to return after an appointment and booked it for 2nd June.

Last edited by dsr_rpm : 28th May 2014 at 12:10. Reason: Correcting Errors
Old 28th May 2014, 13:03   #7042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
I too get a humming noise when the car is in idle and again when the car is crossing 80kmph speed and then vain off. There was a slight spillage of oil around the injectors when I opened the engine cover. But the oil level had not dropped. Also noticed that couple of injectors had also rust over it. Took it to the service center and they confirmed it is leakage and it is not major. Requested me to return after an appointment and booked it for 2nd June.
There are rubber seals around the injectors, that needs changing. I had the same problem at 27K and got it replaced. They tried to charge me, saying that it is rubber parts and cannot be covered under warranty. After a lot of arguing, got it done with some labour charge.
premc44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 20:13   #7043
BHPian

I recently sold my 2012 Vento Highline TDI with 76000 KMS on the ODO for 5.15 Lakhs which is a very low resale value with the care in absolutely showroom condition with no scratches whatsoever.
Never Knew that such a great car would take such a hit but went ahead and bought another Vento Highline which is my 5th Vento since June 2012.

The only thing is miss is the absence of Visual Parking Sensor Display (a must in a car of this segment) , a weaker Horn and deletion of individual reading lights in the middle.

The Clutch seems to be a lot more lighter and comfortable to use than the previous one. Hope they address the excessive engine noise creeping into the cabin with better insulation.

Regards,
PS
Old 29th May 2014, 13:50   #7044
Distinguished - BHPian

The 6 month checkup for my Vento TSI is due. Couple of questions

1. Is there any need/benefit to do this first check up from the dealer I purchased the car from? My understanding is that there is nothing major done and hence I was thinking to take it to the VW Center closest to home.
2. The 6 month completion is end of this month. How many days of slack is allowed to complete the 6 month check?
Old 29th May 2014, 13:59   #7045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I recently sold my 2012 Vento Highline TDI with 76000 KMS on the ODO for 5.15 Lakhs which is a very low resale value with the care in absolutely showroom condition with no scratches whatsoever.
Never Knew that such a great car would take such a hit but went ahead and bought another Vento Highline which is my 5th Vento since June 2012.

The only thing is miss is the absence of Visual Parking Sensor Display (a must in a car of this segment) , a weaker Horn and deletion of individual reading lights in the middle.

The Clutch seems to be a lot more lighter and comfortable to use than the previous one. Hope they address the excessive engine noise creeping into the cabin with better insulation.

Regards,
PS

5th Vento?;what made you sell the old one's?
btw 5.15L is pretty low for a 2 year old Vento,especially in bangalore.
Old 29th May 2014, 16:17   #7046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The 6 month checkup for my Vento TSI is due. Couple of questions

1. Is there any need/benefit to do this first check up from the dealer I purchased the car from? My understanding is that there is nothing major done and hence I was thinking to take it to the VW Center closest to home.
2. The 6 month completion is end of this month. How many days of slack is allowed to complete the 6 month check?
1. As long as you go to a VW service center, I don't think it should make a difference.

2. Again I don't think its a hard and fast rule. It is recommended around that time. If you take it at 7k or 8.5k, it's not like they'll refuse you.

Call the VW call center to be absolutely sure.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 16:58   #7047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

5th Vento?;what made you sell the old one's?
btw 5.15L is pretty low for a 2 year old Vento,especially in bangalore.
Seriously enzowho ?

5 Ventos in less than 2 years bro ?? You have only given some kind of data for one, what about the other 3 ? I agree with Akshay here with respect to the selling price. Probably it is at least 1.5 lks less.

You could have probably bought one Passat and modified it to your heart's content for all those Ventos !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 29th May 2014 at 17:00.
Old 29th May 2014, 19:22   #7048
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
PS
Wow, 5 Ventos!!! This is very surprising, please give details of the other 3.
Old 30th May 2014, 11:10   #7049
Senior - BHPian

The Vento Highline has the most erratic AC i've come across in a long time. Unless it is switched on to Auto (which indirectly puts the fan on the highest speed for a longer time than I would like), the manual mode doesn't quite work as it should.

I put the fan speed on 5, it'll go down to 1 in less than two minutes. I put it to 1, it stays at 1 and it doesn't get cool in the cabin for ages. I put it to 4, it goes down to 2 in a minute and never comes down to 1. Also, from fan speed 1 if I want to move it up to 2, on turning the knob slowly nothing happens. I have to flick it faster and then it moves to fan speed 5 and then I have to slowly bring it down, one click at a time, back to 2.

I find myself playing with the fan speed every few minutes while I'm driving. It's stupid.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 30th May 2014 at 11:11.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:52   #7050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2012 Vento Highline TDI with 76000 KMS on the ODO with the care in absolutely showroom condition with no scratches whatsoever

More than the 5 ventos in less than 2 years, I'm blown away by this. Not even a scratch with close to 40k kms per year! And in showroom condition after 76k kms!!

You really ought to share your driving tips with the rest of us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks