Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 12:42   #7216
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Are there any offers on the previous gen vento tsi? The dealer in blr said no, but the new vento dsg variants on the vw website are 1.2 tsi engines and the manual petrols are 1.6 mfi
Yet to hear about any worthwhile offers on Tsi and DSG in general for Polo/Vento.

There seems to be consistent demand for the auto box and people are willing to compromise on their choice of color too!
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:05   #7217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
My first accident on my Vento on the way to Tindivanam from Chennai.

A moron on a Ertiga, while trying to overtake a truck on the left lane, tried to squeeze into my lane at ~100KMPH and pulled my front fender.

There was no lane-change indicator from him at that speed!

Any idea how much it will cost to replace the entire fender? Few days back, I lost the insignia on the rear of the vehicle and now this on the front side!

I do not have have Bumper-Bumper Insurance.
Front bumper costs 2k.. however i had read somewhere that bumpers come only in black which means it has to be painted so you have to add another 2-3k... this is excluding labor.. even i would recommend going with a quick fix as it seems the clip has just come off..

the price of the rear logo was around 1.8k. My friend had one replaced last year.
Old 3rd October 2014, 16:10   #7218
BHPian

Just returned from a road trip in my Vento TDi HL.
Ahmedabad - Panvel - Ganpatipule - Goa - Honavar - Jog - Murudeshwar - Kollur - Udupi - Belur - Halebid - Banglore - Chitradurga - Hampi - Aihole - Pattadakkal - Badami - Gokak - Kolhapur - Pune - Ahmedabad

covering 4200 km in 19 Days

Great Roads, Beautiful post monsoon landscapes, flawless German Engineering

Geotagged dSLR images using Geotagger, Exiftool & mytracks from Google

Intend to write a detailed travelogue later.

Pl. mail if you need more info
Old 4th October 2014, 06:30   #7219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal.Wiz. View Post
Just returned from a road trip in my Vento TDi HL.
Ahmedabad - Panvel - Ganpatipule - Goa - Honavar - Jog - Murudeshwar - Kollur - Udupi - Belur - Halebid - Banglore - Chitradurga - Hampi - Aihole - Pattadakkal - Badami - Gokak - Kolhapur - Pune - Ahmedabad

covering 4200 km in 19 Days

Great Roads, Beautiful post monsoon landscapes, flawless German Engineering

Geotagged dSLR images using Geotagger, Exiftool & mytracks from Google

Intend to write a detailed travelogue later.

Pl. mail if you need more info
Amazing Kal. I also want to do such a road trip soon. How is the service cost of the Vento fairing up ? Any surprises ?
Old 4th October 2014, 11:22   #7220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
ASVA and drmohitg - Thanks for the quick response. I'm bothered about VW insignia in the front.
In the impact, I lost the logo and not sure how this can be replaced.

I can very well fix the fender, but the question remains if I can get a new insignia and fix it. Else it will be a "big-hole".
You could also try sourcing it from aliexpress. Although the shipping takes time you do get genuine spares. It should work out cheaper but be sure to read up reviews on the offering by people who have already purchased.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:58   #7221
BHPian

Convinced my brother in law for getting the Vento HL 1.6 TDI got a sweet discount of 1.20 lacs (90k cash,30k exchange for swift) so on road 10.82 lacs Mumbai which is awesome value for money. Black was not available, they had only a few left in white, silver and beige.

So people who really wanna buy the manual transmission TDI should act fast. They not giving any discounts on new models which in fact has a smaller engine, flat bottom steering wheel, revised alloys and head lamp and silver center console. Which serious can be given a miss.

Cheers.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:03   #7222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Amazing Kal. I also want to do such a road trip soon. How is the service cost of the Vento fairing up ? Any surprises ?

No surprises on Vento's part. Bottomed out only four or five times. 195/60 Yoko C drives with 31 psi Nitrogen worked miracles on ride & handling esp. ghat sections Honavar - Jog & Udupi - Belur.
Old 7th October 2014, 14:06   #7223
BHPian

I own a Vento Comfortline 2013 model. Left my vehicle at service station to fix one of my tyres that went flat. I have been using spare wheel for the last two days. I am now informed that spare wheel is R14 size whereas regular wheels are of R15 size. So, invariably, the user is forced to buy a new one immediately after the regular tyre becomes unusable! I still can not understand the logic behind this difference in size for spare wheel!!

Last edited by Gokrish : 7th October 2014 at 14:12.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:10   #7224

Seems like VW wants to keep the spare wheel as a spare wheel quite literally. Its not a bad move as well. Because at the end of the day,you always have a spare wheel which is in good condition. (also it is to be noted that , even though the spare wheel is 14", the effective diameter of the spare wheel and the regular 15" wheel are just the same. So if you don't mind the visual uneasiness, the car will run without any problem as long as you want it to run on the spare tire).
Old 7th October 2014, 16:18   #7225
BHPian

Folks, I have booked the vento TSI (face lifted model) and have selected the toffee brown colour as first choice. I have been driving a Honda city and an Innova and decided that I wanted to drive an automatic for a change. Quite frankly, most cars today have all the basic luxury features. What makes the biggest impact on a self-driver is the driving pleasure and dynamics.

I tried the sunny cvt but wasn't impressed with the acceleration and torque. The Honda cvt is more expensive and has a greater waiting period. Plus reviews state that their cvt isn't all that great either. I tried the polo TSI and just fell in love with the engine and transmission. The same combo in a Honda would have made it the ultimate car!! While I am a little apprehensive about the maintenance expenses and post warranty expenses, I don't see any other credible alternative to the Vento TSI petrol auto. I also tried the Vento TDI diesel auto but found it too "heavy" compared to the TSI. There was also noticeable lag in the lower gears compared to the petrol auto. Had I tried the TDI before trying the TSI, maybe my standards wouldn't have been so high!!
Old 7th October 2014, 20:11   #7226
Senior - BHPian

This is a minor rant that I've been wanting to air for the last couple of days but had to be bottled up since I was travelling.
With DSG being the new buzzword (well actually not so new I know, but has acquired a whole new vigour with the ostensible solution to the failures issue), my curiosity was sufficiently aroused to give it a whirl. I duly looked up the VW dealers list in town and on 30th Sept, gave EVM VW Maradu a call to ask for a test drive of the Vento TSI. The receptionist told me that one of their sales personnel would call me back right away and took down my number. At the back of my mind there was a kind of nebulous thought of going for it if it impressed me sufficiently.
I waited the whole day for a call that never came. Mildly disgusted but not really surprised at the indifference, I put the thing out of my mind. Since I was travelling for the next few days I quite forgot that I had made that call.
Suddenly on the morning of the 6th, a call came out of the blue on my cellphone... nope, not from the dealer but one of those 'please rate our service' surveys asking me whether I was satisfied with VW's response to my request.
For the first time, I could completely understand the meaning of stuff like 'dumbfounded', 'took my breath away'. While my thoughts are unprintable, I forced myself to keep calm and tell the chap what had happened. The poor fellow's comprehension powers seemed to be rather weak since he kept pleading with me to rate the dealer's response to my call, with his standard questionnare set. When finally it dawned on him that the dealer had never bothered to ring back, he abruptly terminated the call.
That folks has been my brush with the new found customer friendliness of the VW group.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 18:34   #7227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
This is a minor rant that I've been wanting to air for the last couple of days but had to be bottled up since I was travelling.

With DSG being the new buzzword (well actually not so new I know, but has acquired a whole new vigour with the ostensible solution to the failures issue), my curiosity was sufficiently aroused to give it a whirl. I duly looked up the VW dealers list in town and on 30th Sept, gave EVM VW Maradu a call to ask for a test drive of the Vento TSI. The receptionist told me that one of their sales personnel would call me back right away and took down my number. At the back of my mind there was a kind of nebulous thought of going for it if it impressed me sufficiently.

I waited the whole day for a call that never came. Mildly disgusted but not really surprised at the indifference, I put the thing out of my mind. Since I was travelling for the next few days I quite forgot that I had made that call.

Suddenly on the morning of the 6th, a call came out of the blue on my cellphone... nope, not from the dealer but one of those 'please rate our service' surveys asking me whether I was satisfied with VW's response to my request.

For the first time, I could completely understand the meaning of stuff like 'dumbfounded', 'took my breath away'. While my thoughts are unprintable, I forced myself to keep calm and tell the chap what had happened. The poor fellow's comprehension powers seemed to be rather weak since he kept pleading with me to rate the dealer's response to my call, with his standard questionnare set. When finally it dawned on him that the dealer had never bothered to ring back, he abruptly terminated the call.

That folks has been my brush with the new found customer friendliness of the VW group.
I had booked a Vento HL with EVM Cheranallur few months ago, but had it cancelled later on for personal reasons. I have been dealing with all the 3 VW showrooms in Cochin (2 VW cars in the family), and found EVM Cheranallur to be the best. It could be largely due to a really down to earth and helpful SA called Tommy, with whom I have been in constant touch. I was offered 10.6 OTR for the outgoing HL model few days ago. If this helps!
RSM_TorqueZoner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 19:29   #7228
Senior - BHPian

Can someone publish the price list of the refreshed Vento for the benefit of the readers? Also, please mention if they have heard about any waiting times, especially for any particular colour.

Thanks.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:39   #7229
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I just need help from you guys regarding my Vento TDI. First of all I would like to share complete information about my vehicle.

Car Purchased on: Feb, 10th - 2012
Total kms run till date: 29,300
Warranty: The general warranty and extended warranty have expired.
Servicing: 2nd servicing done
Problems faces earlier: The rear tires were wearing out in 6 months!! After taking it to various service centres and changing rear tires to new ones, VW came up to us and told us that there is a manufacturing defect in the rear axle and replaced the same free of cost. The abnormal tire wear is not present now. Problem solved.

Present problem: I had left my vehicle yesterday for replacing of brake pads which were worn out. I had also informed them about the pending software update for my car.

Today morning, the service representative called me and gave me a shocking news. He says the update could not be completed since the VAS is asking them to replace the INJECTORS because it is faulty. He informed me that to replace the entire set of injectors it would cost me Rs. 91,000 /-

Now what do I do? The car is not under warranty. My question is how can injectors turn faulty just after 29000 kms ??

What options do I have?

Please reply immediately since I am going to check the vehicle this afternoon.

Regards,
Anant
Old 9th October 2014, 11:48   #7230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
I own a Vento Comfortline 2013 model. Left my vehicle at service station to fix one of my tyres that went flat. I have been using spare wheel for the last two days. I am now informed that spare wheel is R14 size whereas regular wheels are of R15 size. So, invariably, the user is forced to buy a new one immediately after the regular tyre becomes unusable! I still can not understand the logic behind this difference in size for spare wheel!!
This is a regular practice and is used by many manufacturers world over. This is to ensure that you use your spare wheel as spare (emergency usage) only and keep all wheels in good shape. This is done keeping in mind that all four wheels will age simultaneously. I am not sure how to handle this in case of only one tyre replacement!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks