Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 17:07   #7966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing the link Auto Verruckt. It says my Vento (2013) is affected and the usual ' we are extremely sorry ... blah blah blah '. But the thing is , why haven't we been contacted yet?
This is un-cool! I had checked my VIN the first a couple of days back and they said it was not affected. I checked another time reading your post and now they say sorry it's affected. Why can't they be at least consistent?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-picsart_100606.15.36.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-picsart_101004.59.45.jpg
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 21:04   #7967
BHPian

Same message as above. My car is affected. We bought it in Aug 2013.

Let's see what they do.
Old 10th October 2015, 21:19   #7968
BHPian

I have a 2011 Polo 1.2 TDI and it shows the same message for my Polo. So does that mean even the 1.2 TDIs are also affected. It didn't say so few days back when I tried.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:40   #7969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
This is un-cool! I had checked my VIN the first a couple of days back and they said it was not affected. I checked another time reading your post and now they say sorry it's affected. Why can't they be at least consistent?
Same situation here and for another colleague in my office as well.

My car is due for second service November 2015. Its done nearly 24K on the ODO and I'm worried if the service center guys will attempt some engine/ECU rectification without informing me.

Can anyone suggest awareness in such situations?

Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 11:06   #7970
BHPian

Thanks for the link! My April 2015 manufactured 1.5TDi Vento apparently isnt affected.

Did any of you catch the ad in the papers today? about the new vento highline plus. It had the retractable window blinds. Does anyone know if those are available to fit on our ventos?

Cheers!

Last edited by wolfy : 14th October 2015 at 11:07. Reason: Changed May to April
Old 14th October 2015, 12:39   #7971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Thanks for the link! My April 2015 manufactured 1.5TDi Vento apparently isnt affected.

Did any of you catch the ad in the papers today? about the new vento highline plus. It had the retractable window blinds. Does anyone know if those are available to fit on our ventos?

Cheers!
I don't think it is retractable, it is detachable with magnets which will hold it in place. I suppose they will now start selling it as an accessory otherwise there are similar products available on the e-commerce sites
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 16:16   #7972
BHPian

Silly update:
Some $!@#!% stole the VW badge in the front grill! It's pretty simple to nick! (do not want to explain how, in a public forum! )

Went and bought a replacement badge from the Service centre. Rs 503/- for the badge. Now to look for ways to send a 12volt jolt down the spine of the next $@#$ who tries to steal it.
Old 19th October 2015, 23:03   #7973
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Silly update:
Some $!@#!% stole the VW badge in the front grill! It's pretty simple to nick! (do not want to explain how, in a public forum! )

Went and bought a replacement badge from the Service centre. Rs 503/- for the badge. Now to look for ways to send a 12volt jolt down the spine of the next $@#$ who tries to steal it.
very understandable, your frustration - its not that anything useful can be done with it either, what will the thief do with it ? stick it on the body of an auto ? or on a two-wheeler ? or on some "so-many-stickers-you-cant-make-out-the-paint" boy-racer M800 ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 10:45   #7974
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I drive a 2013 Vento TDI Highline. Yesterday, suddenly the parking sensors have stopped working. Any idea as to what could be the problem?

Also, the gears have become extremely hard. The clutch is fine, only the gears are having some difficulty to slot. Will get this checked in the 45k service.

The car has done 42k kms.

Cheers
Old 20th October 2015, 11:57   #7975
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Hi Guys,

I drive a 2013 Vento TDI Highline. Yesterday, suddenly the parking sensors have stopped working. Any idea as to what could be the problem?

Also, the gears have become extremely hard. The clutch is fine, only the gears are having some difficulty to slot. Will get this checked in the 45k service.
Check if there fuse is blown in case there is one for the rear parking sensors circuit.

For the gear getting hard, check if the synchro rings are at the end of the life or may be the shifter linkages.
Old 20th October 2015, 12:39   #7976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check if there fuse is blown in case there is one for the rear parking sensors circuit.

For the gear getting hard, check if the synchro rings are at the end of the life or may be the shifter linkages.
Thanks Anurag,

Would synchro rings or shifter linkages wear out in 42k kms only?

Don't you think that's a little short life for the parts. Also, I am guessing this would be classified under wear and tear and would not be covered by warranty. Am I right?

Also, will check for the fuse. I was thinking more on the lines of a snapped wire somewhere. Will get it checked soon.
Old 25th October 2015, 16:47   #7977
BHPian

Help! Vento is not starting! Ignition is switched on and self motor is running but the car doesn't start! Any ideas?
Old 25th October 2015, 18:46   #7978
Senior - BHPian

There is a possibility that your fuel pump is malfunctioning. It's one if many possibilities though. Here is an example in another forum.http://www.carwale.com/m/forums/4048...ump-issue.html
( Mods, I hope this is allowed)
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 19:52   #7979
BHPian

My petrol vento clutch has started to feel really heavy! 20 minutes of driving in traffic is now giving my left foot a workout! And, im 19, with a bulky build.
The car is at 16800 kms only, less than 2 years old.
I dont know anyone else owning a petrol polo or vento manual, to be able to compare.
Should i visit the service centre and have it looked at?
Old 26th October 2015, 10:07   #7980
BHPian

@Turbohead Thanks for your reply. I tried opening the said power socket but I don't have a matching Allen key. I've asked the VW people to have a look but armed with this knowledge, I face this problem with greater confidence.

Thanks again sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks