Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 07:44   #7876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The lights that glow up are there for a meaning and as a prevention before there is engine damage or seizure. It alerts the user and instills - "Stop driving whatever be the condition!"

One should stop and get it checked only then continue to use the car.

A faulty glow plug will cause no damage to the engine.
No need to pull over for a glow plug failure.
Old 9th August 2015, 10:14   #7877
BHPian

hi, all over this thread and outside too I have seen several complaints on fuel injector failure (on Vento 1.6 TDi, perhaps since 1.5 is new).

Yet another failure story from a VW Vento customer
http://www.consumercomplaints.in/vol...to-tdi-c957785

So many incidents that I am unable to convince myself that these could be rare incidents. Also the blame on adulterated fuel seems so naive, but perhaps true in another angle. Ten years back we did not have the option of retail fuel from private player like Shell. Also these days, when even PSU pumps want to bring control over quality and quantity and provide good experience to customers, I am not able to doubt the fuel quality so much, there are so many CRDI engines and they all would face similar injector issue. Would these fuel injector failures mean that the VW injectors , their nozzles are weak or are so very sensitive that perhaps even a little bit of sulphur content causes nozzle wear out or cracks? There is an advice to use Bosch manufactured nozzles as they sustain high pressure but in these failure cases, perhaps VW has not sourced from Bosch? Is the tuning of the engine too high that the pressure at which fuel is delivered via the injectors cause easy wear and failure very soon?

Please read one article on why injectors could fail:
http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/exp...njectors-fail/

This is certainly VW's problem and VW India should investigate, identify and perhaps even recall and replace weak / non compliant injectors and from henceforth provide good quality and sustainable injectors!

Reading such incidents, dissuaded me from buying a Vento 1.6 when it was on offer last december.

Now I was mulling over buying a Polo but the engine being same between Polo and Vento and spares like Injectors being same, it is common sense to stay away from VW stable, I suppose.

BTW, I am not sure if Jetta owners face similar injector failure problems too.

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 9th August 2015 at 10:15. Reason: spell mistake
Old 9th August 2015, 20:38   #7878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A faulty glow plug will cause no damage to the engine.
No need to pull over for a glow plug failure.
It's not a flow plug failure. The glow plug flashes to denote a fault in the Engine Management System.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20150809_154651027.jpg  

Old 9th August 2015, 23:32   #7879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
hi, all over this thread and outside too I have seen several complaints on fuel injector failure (on Vento 1.6 TDi, perhaps since 1.5 is new).

This is certainly VW's problem and VW India should investigate, identify and perhaps even recall and replace weak / non compliant injectors and from henceforth provide good quality and sustainable injectors!
2012 & earlier cars had this issue. VW & Skoda did have a tech advisory about the issue, under which your injectors would be replaced if they failed, or if VAG informed them of the issue.

I have a Nov. 2011 manufactured car, and my injectors were also replaced under warranty - I'd asked for the injector software update, which is applied if the engine clatters a lot after cold starts, and VAG (the VW diagnostics / management software) mentioned that all 4 of my injectors should be replaced.

I'm friendly with a lot of people at the workshop - including mechanics, test drivers, advisors and the service manager - and all mentioned that a) there hasn't been any injector issues with cars where they have been replaced so, I should stop worrying & enjoy the car. In fact, they mentioned a few cars that have run 1.5-2 lac km after replacement, with no issues and b) they haven't seen a single issue with the 1.5 TDI cars.

I would posit that you can rest assured that the issue has well & truly been put to rest, so take extended warranty, and buy / enjoy the Vento.

P.S.: The service manager told me that adulterated fuel is indeed the issue, which is believable even if you read the article, which mentioned issues even with minor adulterants in more precision injectors systems. He said the fix is to avoid highway fuel stations. He said that they have higher adulteration of kerosene, which is ok for trucks, but screws up car engines. He mentioned that city fuel pumps should mostly be ok.
Old 10th August 2015, 22:14   #7880
BHPian

Hello everyone. Two quick questions:

1. Mine is a 2011 Vento Tdi and has done only about 40K kms. Any chance of getting the injectors replaced for free in the upcoming service ? I have had absolutely no issues with the injectors so far and have been very careful on the fuel pumps that I use.
I firmly believe that VW should voluntarily replace all the 4 injectors in all pre 2012 cars. It would be a nice gesture.

2. I have recently re-located to Delhi, which is the best Service Center in the Delhi NCR Region ? I really don't mind going to the other end of the city if I know the service Center is good. I have heard VW Delhi North is good.

Thanks !
Old 11th August 2015, 08:22   #7881
BANNED

Those having Faulty injectors in Vento / Rapid- this advisory by Skoda I had posted earlier should help you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-system.html
Old 11th August 2015, 10:25   #7882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
1. Mine is a 2011 Vento Tdi and has done only about 40K kms. Any chance of getting the injectors replaced for free in the upcoming service ?

2. I have recently re-located to Delhi, which is the best Service Center in the Delhi NCR Region ? I really don't mind going to the other end of the city if I know the service Center is good. I have heard VW Delhi North is good.
Ask for the injector adaptation update to be applied. That's the only time VAG will tell you whether your injectors are faulty & need replacement. Details in this post: Getting all 4 of my Vento 1.6 TDI injectors replaced

In the last 4 years, I've always gone to the VW Gurgaon service station, and have been very happy. Even when I'm not happy, they go out of the way to fix things for you and make amends, so, I would recommend them.

Last edited by bosporus : 11th August 2015 at 10:28.
Old 11th August 2015, 13:07   #7883
BHPian

I have had all the injectors changed in my 2012 Jan Vento under warranty. I got the adaptation also done and that made all the difference. Ever since February, when this was done, I have had an entirely different experience with the car. It is always better to take an extended warranty with VW cars, it is worth it and you get peace of mind.
If you get the injectors replaced in or out of warranty, see to it that they do the minimum quantity adaptation also.
If you anyone is interested, you can read my post on Page 505 of this forum.

Last edited by premc44 : 11th August 2015 at 13:11. Reason: add details
Old 11th August 2015, 19:32   #7884
BHPian

I am facing something strange in my Vento TSI (petrol).

In a signal, I keep my gear to neutral (N) and switch off the engine to save fuel. In normal days, while turning the key one step, engine switches off and my music system will be working and my phone will be connected via blue tooth.

In some days, while turning the key one step, engine turns off and the music system also switches off. And my phone disconnects and while switching the engine on, it reconnects. Due to this, on these days I can talk on phone only with car in "on condition"

Some times, while switching the car off in signals and restarting, my AC resets to default (22, non circulating) from my setting (24, circulating).

Is anyone faced this issue? any solutions?
Old 15th August 2015, 12:40   #7885
BHPian

I remember reading a post about this a few weeks back, but now for some reason am just unable to find it.

What are the exact differences between the Rapid DSG and the Vento TDI DSG - in the Highline variant?

Some that I know:
  • Boot illumination?
  • Footwell lights
  • Voice commands
  • Flattened sporty steering wheel
  • leather covered gear shift
  • cooled glove box
  • rear AC volume control
  • Foldable ORVM
  • ORVM turn indicators
  • Suspension tuning
  • Handle to adjust the front passenger seat (fore/aft)

Are there any other changes for example in the seat cushion material or leatherette quality. Is the NVH insulation similar for both the cars?

Any other significant item that I am missing?

I have been looking at the Vento TDI DSG HL, but since VW is not giving even an inch of discount, also checked on the Skoda Rapid. And so was wondering what all do I lose in terms of equipment for that difference in money. Of course, the Rapid gains with the project headlamps!
Old 16th August 2015, 21:53   #7886
BHPian

A few questions for Vento owners... especially wrt warranty validity.

I am planning to buy a new Vento in 2-3 weeks, want to understand if warranty validity is affected if I do the following changes,

1. Change HU to P835 or CT940. I think it should be fine becasue no wires are spliced but still want to confirm.

2. Change alloys from stock to different but same 15 sized.

3. Upgrade tyres to 205 55 R 15 or 195 60 R 15.

Finally with a new car what are the recommended "extras"? Do I need a clear coat & under body coating from 3M?

Any other inputs would also help
Old 17th August 2015, 22:06   #7887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
A few questions for Vento owners... especially wrt warranty validity.

I am planning to buy a new Vento in 2-3 weeks, want to understand if warranty validity is affected if I do the following changes,

1. Change HU to P835 or CT940. I think it should be fine becasue no wires are spliced but still want to confirm.

2. Change alloys from stock to different but same 15 sized.

3. Upgrade tyres to 205 55 R 15 or 195 60 R 15.

Finally with a new car what are the recommended "extras"? Do I need a clear coat & under body coating from 3M?

Any other inputs would also help

Stay away from Teflon and especially underbody treatments. All VAG cars are treated and galvanised. Vw provides 10 year warranty for corrosion. Officially 3M would deny you an underbody treatment
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:28   #7888
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I am facing a strange problem with my rapid (posting it here since vento and rapid are the same breed). The parking brake icon comes on when the vehicle is moving and i hear incessant chimes, even when the lever is in the 'off' position, under 2 circumstances :
- hitting some small potholes/bumps (sometimes not always)
- whenever the car is in 5th gear
background : I use the parking brake for all parking (always stays in neutral when parked). This problem started immediately after moving inch-by-inch in a 2-hr traffic jam in heavy rains. I was using the parking brake very often during these 2 hrs.
I want to know (would like to be mentally prepared before I go to the skoda A.S.S on monday) whether anybody has faced this before, since I suspect some sensor failure and not the actual parking brake, since the lever works as normal.
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:12   #7889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I am facing a strange problem with my rapid (posting it here since vento and rapid are the same breed). The parking brake icon comes on when the vehicle is moving and i hear incessant chimes, even when the lever is in the 'off' position, under 2 circumstances :
- hitting some small potholes/bumps (sometimes not always)
- whenever the car is in 5th gear
background : I use the parking brake for all parking (always stays in neutral when parked). This problem started immediately after moving inch-by-inch in a 2-hr traffic jam in heavy rains. I was using the parking brake very often during these 2 hrs.
I want to know (would like to be mentally prepared before I go to the skoda A.S.S on monday) whether anybody has faced this before, since I suspect some sensor failure and not the actual parking brake, since the lever works as normal.
Most probably the sensor has shifted a bit due to continuous on/off during your B2B tenure, so it is not disengaging when the parking break is off. See if you can locate the sensor and check it for engage/disengage. Shift it a bit for it to disengage when parking brake is off.

Another reason may due to some dirt in the moving plug. Check it for smooth action, if it is slightly jerky blow air to clean the passage.
Aroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:18   #7890
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Most probably the sensor has shifted a bit due to continuous on/off during your B2B tenure, so it is not disengaging when the parking break is off. See if you can locate the sensor and check it for engage/disengage. Shift it a bit for it to disengage when parking brake is off.

Another reason may due to some dirt in the moving plug. Check it for smooth action, if it is slightly jerky blow air to clean the passage.
thank you, but I don't know where the sensor is, can you please help me with "where to look" ? under the handbrake in the center of the car ? or underbody ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks