Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2015, 01:31   #7996
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I got a Vento 1.5 TDi as a replacement while my car is at the VW service station. The car sounds horribly loud. I am not sure whether this is the case with all the 1.5 Diesel engines, but the sound almost matches a tractor.
Might be because this is an abused car.
The 1.5 TDI is very quiet, especially once you're on the move. Must be a well abused car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
1.6 TDi has a tractor like noise. Once inside cabin, its hardly noticeable with windows closed and music playing at volume 6.
Have you had the MFMA (the injector adaptation that reveals any faulty injectors) undertaken on your engine. The tractor like noise vanished after the adaptation was applied. It still sounds like a diesel, of course, especially when outside, but is an huge order of magnitude quieter than before, and the tractor like sound has all but vanished.
Old 1st November 2015, 18:50   #7997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Have you had the MFMA (the injector adaptation that reveals any faulty injectors) undertaken on your engine. The tractor like noise vanished after the adaptation was applied. It still sounds like a diesel, of course, especially when outside, but is an huge order of magnitude quieter than before, and the tractor like sound has all but vanished.
After all the 4 injectors were replaced, there is very less tractor like noise. Above that, engine has become a lot more responsive then before.
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:42   #7998
BHPian

I own a 2010 Vento 1.6 TDI, have done about 35k Kms. Recently I am hearing liquid splashing sound from the right rear end. Couldn't locate any water bottles under the seat. Is it diesel splashing? I have started to hear it after I went over a speed hump at a higher speed than desired because I did not see it. What is it? Can anybody throw some light on it? Can do without the additional sound effect!
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:39   #7999
Senior - BHPian

My Vento's AC stopped working today morning. Thought its humid and kept decreasing the temperature in the morning only to discover its not cooling !

Had to endure fogging of windows driving in heavy rain in the evening :(
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:45   #8000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I own a 2010 Vento 1.6 TDI, have done about 35k Kms. Recently I am hearing liquid splashing sound from the right rear end. Couldn't locate any water bottles under the seat. Is it diesel splashing? I have started to hear it after I went over a speed hump at a higher speed than desired because I did not see it. What is it? Can anybody throw some light on it? Can do without the additional sound effect!

I guess its the diesel in the tank splashing. I hear it in my rapid and figo.
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:36   #8001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
My vento (2013 TDI HL is stuck in chennai and I've returned to Trichy
It was lying at my cousin's place there. The service station guys from VW Chennai (Sundaram motors) came and had a look.

Awaiting repairs tomorrow.
Update : The car is back!

The service centre people at Sundaram Motors made a thorough inspection and finally identified the problem as a blocked fuel pump.

It was changed and the cost was Rs.5500, which was covered by the extended warranty.
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:14   #8002
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I don't know if its an issue with my car or not. I experienced these 2 things in last winters as well and again have come up in these winters. These 2 things are only winter specific.

By the way my car just completed 4 Years and is around 61K Kms.

One big cause for these issues is I think my daily running is very less. My office is about 3 Kms from my home so probably most of the times during weekdays the engine even does not warm up properly.

1) Longer first crank of the day: During winters my car needs a longer first crank. This was last year as well when I had just changed the battery a couple of months back.

2) Very tractor like engine noise for the first few Kms. Also perceivably sluggish engine response for the first few KMs. It feels that the turbo takes time to spool up and there is huge turbo lag. For example the car just wants to die lets say on a speed breaker.

All these things crop up only in winters and as soon the weather becomes warmer things go back to normal.

Any pointers on what can I do to get around these things? or can it be a possible issue that I should get checked?

Regards
Rachit
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:21   #8003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I guess its the diesel in the tank splashing. I hear it in my rapid and figo.

My suspicion is water in one of the doors. The vehicle was caught in a downpour yesterday. I will have a look in the AM to see if there are any drain holes for the doors. Has a similar thing happened to anyone?
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:44   #8004
BANNED

Quote:
I will have a look in the AM to see if there are any drain holes for the doors. Has a similar thing happened to anyone?
All the doors along with the rubber beading will have small holes for channelling the water out. Check if holes are open or clogged.
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:18   #8005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
All the doors along with the rubber beading will have small holes for channelling the water out. Check if holes are open or clogged.

Thanks. I just tugged at the beading and water started to flow out. Have to wait and see if the problem recurs.
Old 4th November 2015, 13:32   #8006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I just tugged at the beading and water started to flow out. Have to wait and see if the problem recurs.
Just check if the accumulated water has resulted in rust, as that portion of the door is the first to start rusting. If you see any sign of rust, get it cleaned and painted fast.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 20:24   #8007
Senior - BHPian

Small query
1. With the engine off and the windows open, is it normal to hear the gears engaging?( while changing gears with the clutch pedal depressed). Can someone confirm it?
2. What is the oil consumption after 1st service?
Old 6th November 2015, 16:28   #8008
BHPian

Turbohead,
1. Yes you do hear the sound.
2. Oil consumption? It was never below the danger limit and ideally last till second service where they completely change oil.
prabhul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 16:52   #8009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
1. With the engine off and the windows open, is it normal to hear the gears engaging?( while changing gears with the clutch pedal depressed). Can someone confirm it?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
2. What is the oil consumption after 1st service?
Depends on driving style and kilometers covered. Mostly after first service, engine oil easily lasts for 15,000 Kms without refills.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:01   #8010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Depends on driving style and kilometers covered. Mostly after first service, engine oil easily lasts for 15,000 Kms without refills.
Before first service we filled about 600ml (at the service centre). After first service we filled more than 700ml (on our own).
What are the factors that can cause oil consumption? Lugging the engine? I happened to learn driving in this car (after the course from the 'driving school') ( after first service) and stalled the car approximately 40 times. Is that a factor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks