Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 23:25   #7906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Wanted the bring this to the notice of all VW owners especially in Navi Mumbai the showroom staff has no ethics at all. They offered me a car booked by another customer for test ride, this is ridiculous. I hope somebody from VW takes a note of this, moreover the staff was pathetic. This is my third visit and they are ridiculous, had no choice then to book a Skoda dsg.
Happens in most showrooms. I asked for a test drive of the Polo GT TSI in Trichy. They said they don't have a GT TSI test drive car but can provide one shortly. They called me a couple of days later and offered a car which had come for service. I declined with disgust!
Old 29th August 2015, 23:41   #7907
BHPian

Nothing like this happened to me in Pune luckily. Was looking around for a car for a friend, BU Bhandari was infact asking us to take test drives of all the possible cars(we were cross shopping accross segments) and was willingly offering test drives of the Vento tsi and tsi dsg, and gt tsi. This was probably 2-3 months back
Old 30th August 2015, 11:06   #7908
NH6

This is shocking. Please can you relay the registration or details to VW or to this forum. Tolerance breached with sold car taken for the ride.

I never left my Vento HL TDI behind in the service centre unattended.

My experience at VW GG Thane service continues to be outstanding.
Old 30th August 2015, 21:41   #7909
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I would like to know which brand of oil VW fills their engines with ( Castrol Magnate or Edge?) Planning to get the engine oil topped up on my own. Too lazy to go to the service station. Is there an expiry date / use by date for engine oils? Will I be able to use it after say 1 year?
Old 31st August 2015, 13:39   #7910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
I would like to know which brand of oil VW fills their engines with ( Castrol Magnate or Edge?) Planning to get the engine oil topped up on my own. Too lazy to go to the service station. Is there an expiry date / use by date for engine oils? Will I be able to use it after say 1 year?
It is Castrol Magnatec Professional. Not sure if it is available in market. 1l should be more than enough for top up. It will cost you INR 900 to 1000.
Old 31st August 2015, 14:37   #7911
BHPian

Dear Ventonians

My car (Sep 2013 Highline Vento 1.6) has clocked 26k kms so far & is going in for it's 2nd annual service this week. Wanted your advise on any specific service jobs that I need to ask the service center to do ?
Old 1st September 2015, 11:39   #7912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Verruckt View Post
Dear Ventonians

My car (Sep 2013 Highline Vento 1.6) has clocked 26k kms so far & is going in for it's 2nd annual service this week. Wanted your advise on any specific service jobs that I need to ask the service center to do ?
No advice regarding service jobs from my side but do remember to note condition of your A/C vents (broken/not broken) in front of the advisor and do remember to check the same again at the time of delivery. It looks like some of us had had them broken (or replaced with broken?) surreptitiously by the service staff during normal services (I am a victim of the same).
Old 1st September 2015, 21:53   #7913

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I will keep the forum updated on the ER300 performance.
Its time for a tire upgrade on the Vento TDi HL, from the stock JK Vectras with 47K on the ODO. Two tyres are in really bad shape, whereas the other two are good for atleast 5K km.

I'm totally bent on the Turanza ER300 stock size 185/60/15. Hence with the limited options in this size, I personally like the tread pattern and the wide Ribs.
From the website ratings, this tyre ticks all the right boxes sufficiently. ( Tyre Mileage, Noise, wet & dry grip and Ride.

The ER300 seems very popular abroad, but not many takers here, any insights on this? Fellow BHPians using this tyre kindly give me the Pro's and Cons, Or anything that you hate about it.
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:01   #7914
BHPian

Has anybody got an upgrade of ECU software recently for their Vento? I got it upgraded for my Car today! One nifty feature I noticed is display of Gear details on MID and suggestion of optimum gear based on the running speed! Wow! Surely I liked it!
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:38   #7915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Has anybody got an upgrade of ECU software recently for their Vento? I got it upgraded for my Car today! One nifty feature I noticed is display of Gear details on MID and suggestion of optimum gear based on the running speed! Wow! Surely I liked it!
Hi Gokrish,

What is the year and month of your car? I have a march 2013 vento and have had this feature since day 1.

Cheers
abhinavb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:02   #7916
BHPian

Quote:
I thought this feature was there from day 1. The gear number display and suggestion to up shift or down shift was there from day for my 2011 Vento TDI HL unless the feature you are talking about is different.
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:17   #7917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Hi Gokrish,

What is the year and month of your car? I have a march 2013 vento and have had this feature since day 1.

Cheers
Mine is November 2014 and it is Comfortline manual. I thought this was available in only in Automatic! Not found any mention about this feature even in another thread on "User Discovered Features and Quirks".

Last edited by Gokrish : 2nd September 2015 at 17:19. Reason: To quote the post correctly
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:22   #7918
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is November 2014 and it is Comfortline manual. I thought this was available in only in Automatic! Not found any mention about this feature even in another thread on "User Discovered Features and Quirks".
Petrol or Diesel?

Mine is Highline diesel manual. As I mentioned it is Mar 2013 manufactured and this feature has been there since delivery.

It is also mentioned in "User Discovered Features and Quirks". See here.

See under MID, 3rd point.

nick.cs had also mentioned earlier in this thread that he too had got it after an update. He drives 2013 Petrol model.
Old 2nd September 2015, 22:39   #7919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AT shows the currently engaged gear on the MID. Since the computer does gear selection, there is no up/down recommendation
Old 4th September 2015, 01:09   #7920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
I have booked an appointment with workshop (VW Palace Cross, Bangalore) on Monday. I will request SA for me to be with the engineer when they are running the scan. I will post an update on the outcome.
Hi..Any update on the injector issue? Did you have the minimum quantity adaptation test carried out on the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks