Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 14:20   #7891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
thank you, but I don't know where the sensor is, can you please help me with "where to look" ? under the handbrake in the center of the car ? or underbody ?
As I do not have this car, I cannot tell exactly. Normally it is at the bottom end of the handbrake. If it is not there then you may have to trace along the cable to find it.
Old 24th August 2015, 14:27   #7892
Senior - BHPian

It is not advised using the parking brake in rains or waterlogged areas. It can mess up the locking system. All you need to do is take it to the service centre, they will lift the vehicle, rotate the wheels backwards, that should fix this.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 14:32   #7893
BANNED

Quote:
I am facing a strange problem with my rapid (posting it here since vento and rapid are the same breed). The parking brake icon comes on when the vehicle is moving and i hear incessant chimes, even when the lever is in the 'off' position, under 2 circumstances .
Look at the below link:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...-while-driving

Most say either faulty/sticky handbrake switch or low brake fluid level could be the reason.

Seems to be near to what you are facing. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th August 2015 at 14:38.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 17:30   #7894
BHPian

Hello,

For automatic vento, has anyone tried driving in manual?

Problem that i face is that in manual i can go only till 2nd gear, the gear lever dose not go beyond second gear.
can anyone throw some light on this.
Uday
Old 24th August 2015, 18:58   #7895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hello,

For automatic vento, has anyone tried driving in manual?

Problem that i face is that in manual i can go only till 2nd gear, the gear lever dose not go beyond second gear.
can anyone throw some light on this.
Uday
That's weird. It should definitely go to any gear you want. Is this the tsi dsg, tdi dsg or the older petrol 6 speed AT.

One point is that even in manual mode, if the engine rpm falls too low, the car will automatically downshift. So I assume if you attempt an up shift with the rpm too low, it will not shift up.

Are you facing this in every situation?
Old 24th August 2015, 21:13   #7896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
That's weird. It should definitely go to any gear you want. Is this the tsi dsg, tdi dsg or the older petrol 6 speed AT.

One point is that even in manual mode, if the engine rpm falls too low, the car will automatically downshift. So I assume if you attempt an up shift with the rpm too low, it will not shift up.

Are you facing this in every situation?
It's older AT 6 speed petrol, I tried this on ghat section, but it does not go beyond 2nd gear.
Uday
Old 24th August 2015, 21:42   #7897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
It's older AT 6 speed petrol, I tried this on ghat section, but it does not go beyond 2nd gear.
Uday

definitely some problem with your gear box. I can engage all the gears. I have the older 6-AT

Last edited by joslicx : 24th August 2015 at 21:43.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:11   #7898
BHPian

I own Vento TDI 2011 model. It has done 62,250 kilometers. 4th service done two months ago. I do not have the symptoms for injector failure posted in this thread. My extended warranty is expiring by 20th Sep 2015. My injector's manufacturing date falls in May 2011 (KE23).

Should I proactively ask the workshop to run the VAG-COM scan and minimum quantity adaptation to find any faulty injectors?

I am just worried about failure of injectors just after the extended warranty. Appreciate any suggestions here.
Old 27th August 2015, 17:07   #7899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
Should I proactively ask the workshop to run the VAG-COM scan and minimum quantity adaptation to find any faulty injectors
Yes.

Read my experience here All 4 injectors replaced
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 19:58   #7900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
I own Vento TDI 2011 model. It has done 62,250 kilometers. 4th service done two months ago. I do not have the symptoms for injector failure posted in this thread. My extended warranty is expiring by 20th Sep 2015. My injector's manufacturing date falls in May 2011 (KE23).

Should I proactively ask the workshop to run the VAG-COM scan and minimum quantity adaptation to find any faulty injectors?

I am just worried about failure of injectors just after the extended warranty. Appreciate any suggestions here.
If you are worried, Yes. It is better to be safe than sorry. Your car may not be showing any symptoms, still your injector might be heading towards a sub optimal performance or even failure.

Read my experience here.

My car is a March 2013 TDI with no symptom of injector failure. I don't know why but I decided to have the guys run the Minimum quantity adaptation and one of the injectors had to be replaced.

Another point to be careful about is that be with the engineer when they are running the scan and carefully see the final screen before he clicks ok as these guys are autotuned to click ok without reading the final message, as had happened with bosporus (See his link in previous post).
abhinavb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 20:30   #7901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Another point to be careful about is that be with the engineer when they are running the scan and carefully see the final screen before he clicks ok as these guys are autotuned to click ok without reading the final message, as had happened with bosporus (See his link in previous post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Yes.

Read my experience here All 4 injectors replaced
Thank you bosporus and abhinavb for your response. I have booked an appointment with workshop (VW Palace Cross, Bangalore) on Monday. I will request SA for me to be with the engineer when they are running the scan. I will post an update on the outcome.

During the 4th service SA said following to be addressed and mentioned in the invoice.

1) the brake discs and pads to be replaced after 2.5K kms.
2) clutch needs replacement, but he was not sure as to how bad or how long would it survive. I have not given approval for this during 4th service.

Clutch is little hard but I do not find any other problems. How can I find out that the clutch is bad and needs replacement?
Old 27th August 2015, 21:36   #7902
BANNED

Quote:
I am facing a strange problem with my rapid
Are you still facing the issue? What is the brake fluid level?
Old 28th August 2015, 04:19   #7903
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are you still facing the issue? What is the brake fluid level?
I have been out of station since then, could not take the car to A.S.S ; will do so next week, will report the update then.
Old 29th August 2015, 20:14   #7904
BHPian

Wanted the bring this to the notice of all VW owners especially in Navi Mumbai the showroom staff has no ethics at all. They offered me a car booked by another customer for test ride, this is ridiculous. I hope somebody from VW takes a note of this, moreover the staff was pathetic. This is my third visit and they are ridiculous, had no choice then to book a Skoda dsg.
Old 29th August 2015, 23:09   #7905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Wanted the bring this to the notice of all VW owners especially in Navi Mumbai the showroom staff has no ethics at all. They offered me a car booked by another customer for test ride, this is ridiculous. I hope somebody from VW takes a note of this, moreover the staff was pathetic. This is my third visit and they are ridiculous, had no choice then to book a Skoda dsg.

Boy! These European car makers blunders is one of the biggest mysteries of the Indian automotive scene that one can think of. The stark contrast in the product as compared to the service is so ironic. Does anyone know if we have a thread related to this? It's more intriguing than a Sherlock Holmes case!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks