Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 17:39   #7981
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
@Turbohead Thanks for your reply. I tried opening the said power socket but I don't have a matching Allen key. I've asked the VW people to have a look but armed with this knowledge, I face this problem with greater confidence.

Thanks again sir.
Hi,
I had faced the same problem in my 2013 Vento Tdi, 3 months back. Came home and parked the car, then tried to start after 2hrs, it didn't. Didn't know what the problem was. The battery was ok, all fuse were fine. Called Volkswagen, they said car needs to be towed for inspection. After lot of discussion they agreed to send a mechanic the next day(as it was evening). The mechanic comes next day starts the car and surprise it starts! I was still worried and took the car to service station but they say they cannot find any fault as the car is working fine now and convinced me that it will not happen again. Had no choice but had to leave.
Really worried now, please update your findings so I can have a solid point to speak with the service guys.
Old 27th October 2015, 12:13   #7982
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been having a recurring problem with the engine in my 2012 Vento.

It happens if I accelerate suddenly or go over a bumpy section of road at speeds exceeding 50 - 60 Kmph.

The problem began during my return trip from Goa in 2014 Nov. The engine oil indicator suddenly lit up and there was a continuous beeping sound. We stopped the car and inspected the oil level and it was fine. The beeping continued till Hubli and then stopped. So we continued driving and reached Bangalore when the beeping sound and warning light started again!

1st fix at VW Whitefield: Replace the rubber gasket. This fix lasted for few weeks and the beeping started again.

2nd Fix at VW Whitefield: The SA said that the injectors weren't tightened properly and hence the warning. This fix lasted another 2 months.

3rd fix at VW Whitefield:

The issue is back again.

The SA is saying that they have replaced the Oil pressure sensor switch and the issue is fixed. Need to collect the car this evening and see if the issue is really fixed.

Also getting the sub standard brake discs changed (for the 3rd time ). Doing it since the car vibrates while braking on the highway from speeds exceeding 120 kmph. The car has run 46000 kms.

Would like to hear if anyone else faced this issue with their engine and also if there is an alternative to the discs outside of VW spares.
Old 27th October 2015, 12:48   #7983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_shiva View Post
Would like to hear if anyone else faced this issue with their engine and also if there is an alternative to the discs outside of VW spares.
I have not faced such an engine issue and do not have a clue about it, what errors did the vcds scan throw up?
The discs are of extremely poor quality as you say and VW India is thick skinned to not have changed the quality even after 3 years, there are better aftermarket options available. There is a shop in fb by the name of carzspares and he sells brembo discs so have a look, febi bilstein also makes rotors for Vento so have a look at any shop nearby who deals in german cars.

Do not use stock vw discs, they will start shuddering after a while, am also tired of them and going for either brembo or febi rotors. Cost is similar.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:30   #7984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I have not faced such an engine issue and do not have a clue about it, what errors did the vcds scan throw up?
The discs are of extremely poor quality as you say and VW India is thick skinned to not have changed the quality even after 3 years, there are better aftermarket options available. There is a shop in fb by the name of carzspares and he sells brembo discs so have a look, febi bilstein also makes rotors for Vento so have a look at any shop nearby who deals in german cars.

Do not use stock vw discs, they will start shuddering after a while, am also tired of them and going for either brembo or febi rotors. Cost is similar.
I am not sure of what the scan showed, but looks like no error came up. Hence they first experimented by replacing the sensor, which didn't work, then they suspected the electrical s. Finally they zeroed in on the switch. I will check again in the evening with the SA.

Thanks for the suggestions on the alternative discs available. As you rightly mentioned, they begin shuddering soon anyways. My ikon had better brakes than this!
Old 27th October 2015, 22:37   #7985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi,
I had faced the same problem in my 2013 Vento Tdi, 3 months back.
Really worried now, please update your findings so I can have a solid point to speak with the service guys.
My vento (2013 TDI HL is stuck in chennai and I've returned to Trichy
It was lying at my cousin's place there. The service station guys from VW Chennai (Sundaram motors) came and had a look.

They tried the socket for the fuel pump and also tapping over the fuel pump in an attempt to dislodge the blockage in the pump.

Finally the car was put on a flatbed truck and transported to the workshop.

Awaiting repairs tomorrow.
Old 28th October 2015, 13:17   #7986
BHPian

Hi All,
As we know the Vento suspension setup is too soft. Can we fit Rapid suspension to Vento as I have heard the Rapid has a little stiff setup.
Is the Brembo disc+pad set up really worth it? Am in a dilemma if I should go for it.
Vento TDI is going for its 45K service this friday.
Old 29th October 2015, 00:57   #7987
BHPian

So the much awaited injector failure has finally struck! The second injector in my Rapid conks off midway to Kasauni, Uttrakhand forcing me to drive the car 90 kms downhill on three cylinders.
The car was attended to at Channel Motors, Haldwani who arranged a used injector from their demo car and carried out the subsequent coding and adaptation. However, the MFMA log report was not checked and neither was I allowed to go through the same inspite of my insistence. Result being that my second attempt to climb the hills suffered another blow with the same symptom surfacing again which however disappeared upon restarting the car. By now the reliability of the car was in serious doubt and we decided against taking the car any further implying that we again headed to Haldwani to park the car and take a taxi for our destination.
During the entire episode, I was in regular touch with the area manager who had the audacity to suggest that only the faulty injector would be replaced and not all four as demanded by me. Vento and Rapid owners would recall that there is already a TPI issued to the workshops in this regard which also contains the cut-off VIN. My car falls within the said cut-off VIN but still SAIPL wants you to first suffer before they take the corrective measures.
The second error which had occurred was related to yet another injector as diagnosed at Vishal Cars, Lucknow. That makes it three. The area manager has been informed telephonically about this but I am yet to receive a response.
Price you pay for driving the German delight!

Last edited by torque18 : 29th October 2015 at 01:02.
Old 29th October 2015, 04:56   #7988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Price you pay for driving the German delight!
Sorry to see what you are going through. I have also got 2 injectors replaced in my Vento (they had not failed b but mfma suggested to change) and had demanded for all 4 to be changed. Just like in your case, vw shamelessly told me that the faulty injectors would be changed only once they fail and not prior to it.

I sent a lot of mails and put a lot of pressure but it fell on deaf ears, have warranty till july next year so i hope the other 2 injectors fail soon and i get them replaced as well. The service support is poor and it is one of the reasons why vw/skoda hardly ever get repeat customers. The injectors cost a bomb at around 17-18k per injector.
Old 29th October 2015, 07:57   #7989
Senior - BHPian

I am having a strange issue the ACC unit in my car. The fan seems to be making quite a lot of noise if Air recirculation mode is ON. If I switch off the Air recirculation mode then everything seems to be OK.

Does it mean some problem with the fan? Or the ACC itself? Anybody faced anything similar? I have the Vento 2012 Petrol AT
Old 29th October 2015, 13:34   #7990
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi All,
As we know the Vento suspension setup is too soft. Can we fit Rapid suspension to Vento as I have heard the Rapid has a little stiff setup
what I have head is that MY 2014 models have the same suspension for the vento and rapid - not sure which of the earlier ones is chosen (the soft vento one or the stiff rapid one)
Old 30th October 2015, 09:50   #7991

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/volkswa...vehicles-india

Any reliable links on how to check if one's VW car is affected or not ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Old 30th October 2015, 14:48   #7992
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

2012 Vento gone for 75k service. Brake performance was not great and had complained. SA calls back and says disc and pad to be replaced for both front wheels @ Rs.24k. Disc scoring he says is the term.

Is it reasonable to expect this situation @ 75k? I was expecting some suspension repair work but he claims that is fine and only one bush needs to be replaced. Expecting a bill of over Rs.35k !
Old 30th October 2015, 14:59   #7993
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
2012 Vento gone for 75k service. Brake performance was not great and had complained. SA calls back and says disc and pad to be replaced for both front wheels @ Rs.24k. Disc scoring he says is the term.

Is it reasonable to expect this situation @ 75k? I was expecting some suspension repair work but he claims that is fine and only one bush needs to be replaced. Expecting a bill of over Rs.35k !
See if you can get the discs skimmed along with a new set of brake pads. The service center ties up with a machining shop which has a lathe to get this done. See the discs and judge for yourself.
Old 30th October 2015, 15:55   #7994
BHPian

I got a Vento 1.5 TDi as a replacement while my car is at the VW service station. The car sounds horribly loud. I am not sure whether this is the case with all the 1.5 Diesel engines, but the sound almost matches a tractor.
Might be because this is an abused car.
Old 1st November 2015, 00:07   #7995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the much awaited injector failure has finally struck! The second injector in my Rapid conks off midway to Kasauni, Uttrakhand forcing me to drive the car 90 kms downhill on three cylinders.
Hopefully it was 3 cylinders. I had to drive 110 Kms with just 2 cylinders, 3 Pax with full trunk on a 4 lane highway.

Quote:
During the entire episode, I was in regular touch with the area manager who had the audacity to suggest that only the faulty injector would be replaced and not all four as demanded by me.
Standard VW procedure, replace what's faulty. First 2 injectors in my Vento 1.6 TDi failed during highway drive 200 Kms from home and later 2 during city drive. No problem now. I hope, older injectors in your car start throwing tantrum and get replaced soon. It becomes a chink in the armour when you know, that injector can fail during highway drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish4731 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/volkswa...vehicles-india

Any reliable links on how to check if one's VW car is affected or not ? Appreciate your help.
VW would come out with results by end of Nov 2015. Till then enjoy your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post

Is it reasonable to expect this situation @ 75k?
According to VW manual,
-Brake pads to be replaced at 30,000 Kms
-Disc rotors at 60,000 Kms.

If you haven't ever replaced disc before during 75,000 Kms, then its a good time to get new disc installed. Check outside as well. You may get Brembo disc and brake pads at almost same cost as VW or slightly more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I got a Vento 1.5 TDi as a replacement while my car is at the VW service station. The car sounds horribly loud. I am not sure whether this is the case with all the 1.5 Diesel engines, but the sound almost matches a tractor.
Might be because this is an abused car.
Mostly probably abused. 1.6 TDi has a tractor like noise. Once inside cabin, its hardly noticeable with windows closed and music playing at volume 6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks