Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 20:48   #6496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post
I drive in the city 90% of the time. Not a very aggressive driver, rarely touch 120's.

Why aren't anyone coming up with good diesel AT that doesnt burn a hole in our pockets? Am sure as hell it would sell like hot cakes!
The concept of a diesel doesn't burn a hole is not really true, when your pocket is already burned at the time you buy it over a petrol. How much do you cover in a month with 90% city driving? If the total kms you cover in a month is not substantial, economically speaking, there is no point in plonking a good lac rupees for a diesel over the petrol version. Especially more when the subsidies are dwindling.

But if it is for the love of the motor, I can't argue.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:49   #6497
BHPian

Has any of the Vento owners come across a malfunction in the wiper stalk. The service mode feature of the wiper is not working and the wiper does not work when it is in the first position (where there are additional settings for controlling its speed). The second and the third positions that have higher speed work perfectly and so does the spring loaded single wipe feature when the stalk is pulled down from the off position. I had taken it to VW Thrissur but the tech could not tell me exactly what was wrong on the first inspection. He said it would take them time to find out where the problem is and that he could not give me a time frame for fixing it.
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:20   #6498
BHPian

I know this has discussed many times and sorry to ask this again.

I am getting my Vento delivered soon. What will be the tyre upgrade options for me?
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:41   #6499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I know this has discussed many times and sorry to ask this again. I am getting my Vento delivered soon. What will be the tyre upgrade options for me?
Congrats! Which variant did you go for?

As regards to your query I have cpc2 195/60/r15 which I changed at ~40k; however it's a pretty unanimous opinion that 205/55/r15 should be the best upgrade for the Vento

There is a very informative thread on tyre upgrade for Vento I don't have the link but should be a fairly simple search!
Old 24th September 2013, 09:55   #6500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congrats! Which variant did you go for?

As regards to your query I have cpc2 195/60/r15 which I changed at ~40k; however it's a pretty unanimous opinion that 205/55/r15 should be the best upgrade for the Vento

There is a very informative thread on tyre upgrade for Vento I don't have the link but should be a fairly simple search!
Thank you, I went for Highline TDI. Doesn't the typre upgrade affect warranty ?
Old 24th September 2013, 10:48   #6501
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you, I went for Highline TDI. Doesn't the typre upgrade affect warranty ?
Yes it does but only for the suspension which i found out yesterday is any which ways for only the first 6 months or 10k kms. I was informed of this during the 3rd service (45k). So please don't bother about warranty and go ahead and change the tyres if you feel like it.
miharbe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:03   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does but only for the suspension which i found out yesterday is any which ways for only the first 6 months or 10k kms. I was informed of this during the 3rd service (45k). So please don't bother about warranty and go ahead and change the tyres if you feel like it.
Do you have any specific communication to this regard ? Please PM me.

A couple of colleagues are getting the Vento after seeing mine. Will get them to upgrade & in a way test the waters before doing mine.

My Vento is a shy over 12K now (limited driving with infants). I originally decided to use up the tyre life before going for an upgrade. It may happen sooner if first hand experiences are appealing.

I would have gone for the upgrade if I had known about the 6 months/10K kms.

Cheers,
Old 24th September 2013, 13:58   #6503
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Are you sure its for only first 6 months or 10k kms ?
Old 24th September 2013, 14:09   #6504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Do you have any specific communication to this regard ? Please PM me.

A couple of colleagues are getting the Vento after seeing mine. Will get them to upgrade & in a way test the waters before doing mine.

My Vento is a shy over 12K now (limited driving with infants). I originally decided to use up the tyre life before going for an upgrade. It may happen sooner if first hand experiences are appealing.

I would have gone for the upgrade if I had known about the 6 months/10K kms.

Cheers,
Quote:
Thank you. Are you sure its for only first 6 months or 10k kms ?
There isn't any official communication in this regard. It so happened that i had gone for my 3rd service yesterday and they showed me some sort of leakage in the front suspension (can't recollect left or right). I mentioned that i have extended warranty and was informed that given that this is a wear and tear part and depends on how someone drives and the road conditions hence the warranty claims are for 6 months/10k kms only. I requested them to put in a goodwill claim for the same since i was quoted close to 10k for the job. It would be great if someone can verify this so that i can also press for warranty claims.
Old 25th September 2013, 11:10   #6505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
And here's full picture (crop I had teased earlier)

Attachment 1137420

And yes that is my car (Not City. That's Mohsin's). Thats what he can do to your car!

Full report here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3234826
Thanks Joslicx for inspiring me to get the detailing done.
I called and asked mohsin to replicate what he did on your car...
Excellent workmanship and attention to minute detail. Took solid 7 hours (thanks to low cost polishing done earlier, apartment security washing etc) to complete the job.
Though the car was relatively new* and gloss was there, i could still find a marked difference after CQuartz applied.

* After the job, i realized thought i boasted it as new car, it had got lot to wash lines and marks within this short time.

Foot Note: i thought of replicating Joslicx magic in creating a Honda City, the car was not available in vicinity, instead a wall came in the way. This image was taken while the car was parked in a porch with low light. In sun light the glow is too awesome. Will post more pics in my ownership thread that i plan to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130919_170554_1.jpg  

murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 10:17   #6506
BHPian

Took delivery of Vento HL TDi after cancelling booking for Ecosport Tit Diesel. Ended up paying 40k less than ES. Better SA experience in the bargain.
Replaced stock 185/60/15 with Yoko C Drives 195/60/15. Diff paid 10.7 k
Old 27th September 2013, 14:31   #6507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murajith View Post
Thanks Joslicx for inspiring me to get the detailing done.
I called and asked mohsin to replicate what he did on your car...
Excellent workmanship and attention to minute detail. Took solid 7 hours (thanks to low cost polishing done earlier, apartment security washing etc) to complete the job.
Though the car was relatively new* and gloss was there, i could still find a marked difference after CQuartz applied.

* After the job, i realized thought i boasted it as new car, it had got lot to wash lines and marks within this short time.

Foot Note: i thought of replicating Joslicx magic in creating a Honda City, the car was not available in vicinity, instead a wall came in the way. This image was taken while the car was parked in a porch with low light. In sun light the glow is too awesome. Will post more pics in my ownership thread that i plan to start.
Thats nice job you got done. Is it a red Fiesta?

The real magic is not the shine but the ease of maintaining it! Now I just have to wipe every other day using the Jopasu and its effortless (surface is so smooth). I got the UWW from Mohsin that I use every weekend that is just 15 mins work but leaves the whole thing just like new! It is really worth it (so far).
Old 27th September 2013, 15:00   #6508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Thats nice job you got done. Is it a red Fiesta?

The real magic is not the shine but the ease of maintaining it! Now I just have to wipe every other day using the Jopasu and its effortless (surface is so smooth). I got the UWW from Mohsin that I use every weekend that is just 15 mins work but leaves the whole thing just like new! It is really worth it (so far).
Its Flash Red Vento.
Yeah, with the ease of maintenance. I was novice in this subject, but after the interaction with him, i just got Jopasu and UWW and they are doing magic.
I get to see the sad face of my apartment security, who's not getting a chance to splash a bucket of water and scrub the car!
Old 27th September 2013, 19:41   #6509
BHPian

Help Vento Owners!!

I am planning to do PDI as per Tbhp list before registration however the SA says they cannot allow me to check interiors however they say I am free to check the exteriors for any scratches.

According to my SA in Vento all Electrical's and features will be disabled/not working before PDI and only during PDI it will be enabled. Is this true?

What important things I need to check during PDI for Vento?

Please let me know If anyone faced same issue at this dealership (VW Whitefield, Apple Auto, Bangalore) and did they allow you to do PDI of Electrical's and Interiors ??

I am planning to carry out PDI tomorrow.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:52   #6510
Senior - BHPian

This is nothing but a joke. There is nothing which should restrict the customer from doing PDI of interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks