Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 16:00   #6631
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Hi, am currently looking at buying a new car, and the Vento TSI is the prime contender. I hear that they are offering a Piano black finish around the stereo/climate control area. I know this goes against the grain here, but would it be possible to have that changed to matt black of regular version? I utterly dislike the piano black appearance. Would the dealer itself be able to do the change if required, and also, would the changing procedure be likely to damage any other component?
Might not be such a costly affair if you willing for swapping the face plate with me? i would love to have the piano finish plate as i have a RCD 510 and would fit well with it. if you want to buy an new faceplate, you can see my post below, removal of the faceplate is not tough at all.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nto-tdi-4.html
Old 31st October 2013, 16:07   #6632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
How much more can we drive when the MID shows 0 kms ?
Not at all a good thing to test out on a diesel car. Once it is out of fuel, air enters and you need to prime the fuel pump. Moreover, the sediments at the bottom of the tank tend to clog the filter, running on low fuel.

Experts, I guess there is nothing special to overcome the above, on the Vento, right?
Old 31st October 2013, 16:10   #6633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Not at all a good thing to test out on a diesel car. Once it is out of fuel, air enters and you need to prime the fuel pump. Moreover, the sediments at the bottom of the tank tend to clog the filter, running on low fuel.

Experts, I guess there is nothing special to overcome the above, on the Vento, right?
I was on a highway and couldn't find a nearest pump hence the car ran out of diesel. Thanks for the suggestion I will make sure the fuel doesn't go low from here after.
Old 31st October 2013, 16:35   #6634
BHPian

Just went through your thread. Awesome work dude. Would definitely consider a swap if I do finalize on the Vento. Problem would be that we are in different cities. Anyways, that something to ponder about at a later stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Might not be such a costly affair if you willing for swapping the face plate with me? i would love to have the piano finish plate as i have a RCD 510 and would fit well with it. if you want to buy an new faceplate, you can see my post below, removal of the faceplate is not tough at all.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nto-tdi-4.html
Old 31st October 2013, 17:06   #6635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was on a highway and couldn't find a nearest pump hence the car ran out of diesel.
Okay, sometimes, we run out of fuel stations! But it is a good practice to tank up, as soon as the gauge touches 1/4th. Excerpts from the Vento's Owner Manual.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_6221.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_6222.jpg

My Micra have a hand priming pump, near to the battery, to be used if the fuel runs out completely. Do not know about the Vento if a similar provision is given or if it is self priming or otherwise.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 17:09   #6636
BHPian

^^ thank you thoma. I will not drive the car with low fuel here after.

Any idea what would be best tyre pressure for front and back with just 2 people load.
Old 31st October 2013, 17:32   #6637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what would be best tyre pressure for front and back with just 2 people load.
No idea offhand, as I do not fill air often. Pleas refer the tire pressure placard behind the fuel lid if you are running on stock tires.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 18:19   #6638
BHPian

Quote:
^^ thank you thoma. I will not drive the car with low fuel here after.

I use 32 Front and 30 Rear. For Gurgaon's pathetic roads, this is still harsher.
Old 31st October 2013, 18:22   #6639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I use 32 Front and 30 Rear. For Gurgaon's pathetic roads, this is still harsher.
I am on stock tyres. I use 32 at Front and 36 at Rear i feel ride is bit bumpy.

I tried 30 at Front and 32 at Rear but this feels like tyre air lower.
Old 31st October 2013, 19:09   #6640
BHPian

Quote:

I tried 30 at Front and 32 at Rear but this feels like tyre air lower.
From my limited knowledge I think you can have lower air pressure in your rear tyres than front as you will 2 in the car, plus the engine is in front. So majority weight is on front. Hence Higher air pressure in Front tyre.

Give 32 Front and Rear 30 a try. I am on stock tyres as well. Its more of hit and try and what works for you. For city use slightly lower air pressures should not be a lot of problem. For highway use you can go slightly higher.
Old 31st October 2013, 19:17   #6641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
From my limited knowledge I think you can have lower air pressure in your rear tyres than front as you will 2 in the car, plus the engine is in front. So majority weight is on front. Hence Higher air pressure in Front tyre.

Give 32 Front and Rear 30 a try. I am on stock tyres as well. Its more of hit and try and what works for you. For city use slightly lower air pressures should not be a lot of problem. For highway use you can go slightly higher.
Thanks Rachit. I will try this combination today.
Old 31st October 2013, 20:15   #6642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For 2 people, the recommended pressure is 32 at front and 29 at rear.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 11:27   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
I took the delivery of my Shadow Blue Vento Comfortline Diesel last week. The SA recommended tyre pressure of 32 in the front and 31 in the rear for a balanced ride in my stock goodyear tyres.
Old 3rd November 2013, 23:04   #6644
BHPian

After contemplating for a long time whether to change the head lamps to better bulbs wit stock wattage or to upgrade with relays to 100/90, I decided to play it safe and replaced the stock Osram with Philips xterme vision 60/55. Chose Philips Xtreme vision after researching on team bhp. There is a marked improvement in the brightness. The yellow tinge is far lesser. The throw of light is longer and broader. I am very happy with the bulbs. Paid 950 for a pair. Is this the right price?
Thanks to the posts of @ el lobo. Your detailed posts encouraged me to go the DIY way. Though I did manage to damage the connector of the LHS unit's parking bulb.

On another note, after almost 2 years of owning the Vento, I realised today that I haven't been given all the tools in the foam box with the stepney. When I opened the boot to get the Torix to open the head lamp assembly, I realised it wasn't there. I feel cheated. Why VW, why?

Are these tools available at VW service centres for us to purchase?

Regards
ASVA
Old 5th November 2013, 20:17   #6645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
I took the delivery of my Shadow Blue Vento Comfortline Diesel last week. The SA recommended tyre pressure of 32 in the front and 31 in the rear for a balanced ride in my stock goodyear tyres.
30 in front and rear has been alright for me over the last 1 year for mostly 2 people ride in city areas. But on longer rides with variable rides and unreliable air checking points, 33 front and rear has served well in ride and mileage. (Vento tdi has done 42k now and on 2nd set of tyres after 38k)
tomchacks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks