Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 12:35   #5131
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
^^^^ I think this is too confusing now.

Since VW have brought on board Arvind Saxena to turn around things with his reputation of being a "sheer genius" (as projected in the media) which all of us have to see if he can live up to, VW should also go ahead and fire all the monkeys and chimps in their sales and marketing department too replacing them with more focused personnel who cut to the chase and stop confusing potential customers.
Whole-heartedly agree! Case in point is the 'botched' refreshed Polo/Vento media launch.

Let us see why:
1. VW India website still not updated
2. Solitary Press release stated that Polo & Vento ranges being refreshed but dealers adamant that only Highline is being updated
3.Inexplicable rise in price of CL & TL trims! Dealers not aware of w.e.f. date
4. Dealers themselves unsure about changes to TL & CL trims. For example, has VW added ABS to CL or even TL? That would be a real draw for the relatively more safety-conscious urban buyers
5. No follow-up information on the changes (print/electronic media)
6. Dealers sitting on huge unsold stocks of 'old' Polos and Ventos. To be sold at 'old' prices. Dealers in REAL fix on what to do.

I expect much much more from VW India!

Also, read this interesting article on FirstPost: http://www.firstpost.com/business/he...ia-446621.html

Could partly explain the various component failures in the Polos.

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th September 2012 at 12:37. Reason: Addition
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 14:20   #5132
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-iphone_5_invite90090.jpg

So Shadowfax will be with me on 12th of September, a memorable day, the launch of the new iPhone 5 as well as the resurrection of Shadowfax!!

I went to see the progress on the car, and I must tell you that I am very very happy with the job that they have done. Thanks @Merril for instilling the confidence in me, infact I wasn't able to identify my vehicle at the SC.

Now a piece of information for all the VW owners in India. At the service center there was some big conference type thing happening today, I was curious and tried to find out what is this happening... so I was told that there is some new process that they are introducing in the claim process. I happened to meet the VW team which flew down from Bombay (sorry I still believe in Bombay!). So they are introducing a new software / intranet for the insurance and damage claim. This is integrated with the insurance partners of VW, namely Bajaja Allianz and TATA AIG, when you give your vehicle for an insurance claim, no survey is required, the Service center will take possible photographs from all the angles, and upload it onto the intranet, just the VIN of the car and the part numbers of the damaged parts etc, the request would go to the factory automatically if the parts are not available in the SC inventory list, meanwhile for all this communication with the factory a notification will be sent to the insurance guys, there are provisions for uploading videos of the work being done as well, in case the insurance guys wants to keep a closer watch on the progress. Right now only Audi, BMW and Mercedes are using such process in India.

The benefits of this process:
- The customer will get a more concrete picture of the claim amount, right at the beginning and his share in it.
- The survey process will be very fast, maybe less than a day
- The spare parts procurement from the factory location would be quick and more effective
- The final settlement of the claim would be smoother

So I guess it makes all the sense to go with the VW insurance partners now!

Bonus: teaser pics of Shadowfax! More to come next week (complete photoshoot)

Pics of the boot:
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2299.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2300.jpg

Last edited by evilshantanu : 7th September 2012 at 14:23.
evilshantanu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 14:53   #5133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
So they are introducing a new software / intranet for the insurance and damage claim. This is integrated with the insurance partners of VW, namely Bajaja Allianz and TATA AIG

So I guess it makes all the sense to go with the VW insurance partners now!
Guess that's the final nail in the coffin for my insurance renewal joy(less) ride. I'll be renewing with Tata AIG for sure. Will update on this later.

Quote:
Bonus: teaser pics of Shadowfax! More to come next week (complete photoshoot)
Awesome! Maybe the Bangalore guys can have a mini meet/photo-shoot to add to it too!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:22   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 982099

So Shadowfax will be with me on 12th of September, a memorable day, the launch of the new iPhone 5 as well as the resurrection of Shadowfax!!

I went to see the progress on the car, and I must tell you that I am very very happy with the job that they have done. Thanks @Merril for instilling the confidence in me, infact I wasn't able to identify my vehicle at the SC.

Please allow me at this point to say *drum rolls* - "I told you so "

Just pay attention to that little detail on the paint discolouration that we talked about, and I believe all should be well.

Hope the days go by really quickly (im waiting for the iphone 5 launch and hence 12th is important to me as well)
Merril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 19:15   #5135
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 982099

Many congratulations. Its reassuring to see that the car is as good as new now after the work done. Also good to hear about the tie up with the insurance provider. I just got it done through BA and they sent me some sort of a smart card too. You should open the bubbly on 12th Sept to celebrate your Shadowfax's rebirth
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 19:42   #5136
BHPian

@ evilshantanu: Shadowfax looking as beautiful as ever. Congrats.

A friend and colleague had his white TDI Highline in for service at EVM Trivandrum just a couple of days before Big Blue and I went in for ours. He was also charged around 12K for his first service without 3M interior work.

I have asked him to bring me his bill so that I can do a comparo.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 20:30   #5137
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine is confused between the Vento and the Verna. Just wanted to ask if the Vento comes with steering mounted controls or not? He is really blown away by the features in the Verna.
Old 7th September 2012, 20:42   #5138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
A friend of mine is confused between the Vento and the Verna. Just wanted to ask if the Vento comes with steering mounted controls or not? He is really blown away by the features in the Verna.
Both the pre facelift and the facelifted versions come with steering mounted controls in the 'highline' trim.
Now even the Polo highline gets this feature
Old 7th September 2012, 23:01   #5139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Both the pre facelift and the facelifted versions come with steering mounted controls in the 'highline' trim.
It is also rumored that the dummy bluetooth button part of the current steering mounted controls will become functional in the post refresh facelifted version whenever it arrives. Additionally there would be a rear parking camera attached and then to just to rub it into the Verna a navigation system would be thrown in too . This after a price reduction which would make the ex showroom price cheaper than the Verna SX CRDi in New Delhi.

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 7th September 2012 at 23:03.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 01:42   #5140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
This after a price reduction which would make the ex showroom price cheaper than the Verna SX CRDi in New Delhi.
Thanks for the information. The problem is that VW has made so many changes to the Vento at such short intervals that now even the SA act confused as to what exactly comes with the car. The customer finds it tough to figure out the real additions and other standard equipment.

So then basically after this refreshed Vento, the only thing this will lack compared to the Verna SX(O) is going to be the extra number of airbags right?

Does the Vento Come with Electrically foldable ORVMs?

Anyother differences between the 2 cars in terms of features other than these two?
Old 8th September 2012, 06:02   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyother differences between the 2 cars in terms of features other than these two?
Verna also has auto dimming rear view mirror, turn indicators on ORVMs, 16 inch wheels, more comprehensive MID (for example it tells you exactly which door is open), start stop button (or is it keyless entry) etc.

Still a long list for others to match.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 07:21   #5142
Distinguished - BHPian

VW dealers, at least in Bombay, don't seem to have received any authentic information on the refreshed Highline. However, one of them indicated that the formal launch is expected on September 15, and they will have more details then.
Old 8th September 2012, 07:42   #5143
BHPian

Quote:
So then basically after this refreshed Vento, the only thing this will lack compared to the Verna SX(O) is going to be the extra number of airbags right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Verna also has auto dimming rear view mirror, turn indicators on ORVMs, 16 inch wheels, more comprehensive MID (for example it tells you exactly which door is open), start stop button (or is it keyless entry) etc.

Still a long list for others to match.
Yes the Vento doesn't have those but the Verna SX(O) is probably 50K more than the new Vento Highline after the price cut. The Vento has this space max arrangement and rear a/c vents that the Verna doesn't have. I personally hated the rear seat of the Verna and found it far less comfortable than the Vento. The best idea is to ask your friend to wait till the new Vento is launched and then take a call based on what features suits him best.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:17   #5144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

Sorry to be this candid and direct, but really do such minor add ons make or break a car purchase decision?

I had this perennial choice when I had to decide for my car purchase. But one final drive of both cars on the same highway gave me a clear idea which is the better car (at least for me if not everyone ) - in terms of power, acceleration, suspension and pure joy of driving on the road.

Honestly I find @mikon's trendline without steering controls and other addons as good as my car; fundamentally it is the same car afterall.

Hope you (or your friend) makes the correct decision in the end.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 12:31   #5145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sorry to be this candid and direct, but really do such minor add ons make or break a car purchase decision?
ninja I think the grand success of i20 and Verna does indicate that these things matter! Any feel good feature is going to matter, especially since it can become an eliminator. Just think about how many people complain here that City does not have an ACC (or for that matter the Jetta as well)!!!

Last edited by joslicx : 8th September 2012 at 12:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks