Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2012, 11:01   #5266
BHPian

Just completed a blissful 600 km trip bng-chennai-bng. Returned mileage of 18.2kms. Some observations:

1. Clutch has become harder than ever
2. Noise from rear parcel tray while going over bumps
3. Steering alignment off center! Needs wheel alignment

I have completed 7200 kms

Can I schedule a service for all the above issues without waiting for 15000 kms?
Old 7th October 2012, 13:15   #5267
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

nm, earlier than scheduled service is not recommended by VW. What you can do is a "general checkup" which VW charges some 150 for and checks essential fluids and other checks and only acts if required.

Wheel alignment so soon? My Vento is 30,000+ and hasn't yet needed WA.
Old 7th October 2012, 13:32   #5268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Noop when did you get tire rotation done and didn't it require alignment to be done. After how much interval do you rotate tires and isn't it mandatory to have tires aligned at every rotation.
Old 7th October 2012, 13:42   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
You are one lucky guy! My Vento has done 6000kms on NCR roads and I have already gotten the alignment done twice. Even now alignment is not perfect and the car pulls to the left though it is not as severe as it used to be.
Old 7th October 2012, 21:35   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Have had it since March 2012. Terra Beige, Highline, TDI. Pic attached:
The pic is plain beautiful! Shows the silhouette outline very gracefully. Do share more such pics if you have. You've got a beautiful ride - flaunt it!
Old 7th October 2012, 22:15   #5271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
nm, earlier than scheduled service is not recommended by VW. What you can do is a "general checkup" which VW charges some 150 for and checks essential fluids and other checks and only acts if required.

I guess you must have done tyre rotation at least 3 times by now. It is a practice to align wheels whenever there is a tyre change or rotation done, especially the front wheels. Are you sure there has not been an WA done for you so far? That's a bit surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
You are one lucky guy! My Vento has done 6000kms on NCR roads and I have already gotten the alignment done twice. Even now alignment is not perfect and the car pulls to the left though it is not as severe as it used to be.
Is this an issue with VW group cars?
My rapid's steering was off-center from the time of delivery, although I did'nt pay much attention to it. If the steering is straight, the car veers to the left. In order to off-set this, I need to keep the steering slightly turned towards right.

I got the front wheels aligned. It was ok for a few Kms and then got misaligned again. I have just completed 5000 kms and plan to get a rotation and alignment done. Lets see if its rectified.

Last edited by hrman : 7th October 2012 at 22:21.
Old 8th October 2012, 00:43   #5272
BHPian

After changing the battery, I have noticed the one touch window up and down feature has gone. Has anybody else had this issue and what is the solution?
Old 8th October 2012, 01:01   #5273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
After changing the battery, I have noticed the one touch window up and down feature has gone. Has anybody else had this issue and what is the solution?
solution is there in the manual. I think it is also posted here somewhere on the Vento Quirks/features page.
Old 8th October 2012, 04:38   #5274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
What is the cost of a new battery and how long did yours last?
Old 8th October 2012, 07:02   #5275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos

What is the cost of a new battery and how long did yours last?
It lasted exactly 2 years which is quite bad. I have now gone for exide matrix which was about 9k
msd63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 09:09   #5276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I guess you must have done tyre rotation at least 3 times by now. It is a practice to align wheels whenever there is a tyre change or rotation done, especially the front wheels. Are you sure there has not been an WA done for you so far? That's a bit surprising.
Just once. The car has gone into the shop just twice so far. First time there was no rotation. The SA specifically told me when I asked him that they do not align/rotate/balance the wheels unless there is a specific complaint or need.

Quote:
Is this an issue with VW group cars?
My rapid's steering was off-center from the time of delivery...
I had heard that ALL German cars pull to the left and there is nothing you can do about it, which was scary. Thankfully have never faced this issue.
Old 8th October 2012, 14:36   #5277
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend did a short drive of just 1000+ kms to Aurangabad lasting 4 days. Enjoyed driving initially on Mum-Pune E-Way hitting top whack with full load and then from Pune till Aurangabad on a beautifully laid tarmac of 4 lane. Blissful drive. Vento TDi is such a joy on highway.

Completed 1014 kms in just 4 days, whereas it took me a 1 year to do 4000 kms.

Did 370 kms in 6 hrs flat on first day. Now thinking of aiming of hitting more kilometers in a single day. Drive to Gir may be next year, one way 900 kms.

Link.
Old 8th October 2012, 16:07   #5278
BHPian

My Silver Surfer completed 9k kms in about 4 months and it's going rock solid! FE has improved a lot averages between 13-14 km/l in normal moving traffic routes and 15.5++ on empty routes.

Noticing squeeks when on a bumpy road - especially on the rear parcel tray area - I did install a pull up curtain which required holes in the parcel tray - not sure if that's squeeking or the parcel trays adhesive is the issue! Any solutions?

Also, the cars alignment seems to be off goes to the left - what needs to be done - wheel balancing? How much does it cost at VW ASC?
Old 8th October 2012, 16:18   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
My Silver Surfer completed 9k kms in about 4 months and it's going rock solid! FE has improved a lot averages between 13-14 km/l in normal moving traffic routes and 15.5++ on empty routes.

Noticing squeeks when on a bumpy road - especially on the rear parcel tray area - I did install a pull up curtain which required holes in the parcel tray - not sure if that's squeeking or the parcel trays adhesive is the issue! Any solutions?

Also, the cars alignment seems to be off goes to the left - what needs to be done - wheel balancing? How much does it cost at VW ASC?

Even I have noticed some squeaking from the rear (Probably around the parcel tray). Not sure though as it is not regular. Major sources of squeaking in my car are the driver's door and the one behind co-driver's side. But somedays the car is makes sqeaks and some days it is like new (No Squeaks). No idea how.

The VW service guys charge around 1500 for alignment and balancing. They qoute 2 hours for alignment. The guys here are not worth it. I am not sure about your place. If the car is pulling left that is most probably alignment. If there is wobbling at steering wheel at certain speeds than balancing.
Old 8th October 2012, 16:25   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Even I have noticed some squeaking from the rear (Probably around the parcel tray). Not sure though as it is not regular. Major sources of squeaking in my car are the driver's door and the one behind co-driver's side. But somedays the car is makes sqeaks and some days it is like new (No Squeaks). No idea how.

The VW service guys charge around 1500 for alignment and balancing. They qoute 2 hours for alignment. The guys here are not worth it. I am not sure about your place. If the car is pulling left that is most probably alignment. If there is wobbling at steering wheel at certain speeds than balancing.
I have read in ownership threads that the adhesive used to stick parcel tray to the holders isn't the best especially with all the heat and direct sun in Delhi added to that bumpy roads - maybe I can ask them to have a look at it during first service, which for me I assume will be January/February.

It needs alignment in that case, not wobbling - What does it cost outside VW ASC? Ignoring this I assume can increase wear on tires and reducing their life?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks