Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 17:30   #5281
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I have read in ownership threads that the adhesive used to stick parcel tray to the holders isn't the best especially with all the heat and direct sun in Delhi added to that bumpy roads - maybe I can ask them to have a look at it during first service, which for me I assume will be January/February.

It needs alignment in that case, not wobbling - What does it cost outside VW ASC? Ignoring this I assume can increase wear on tires and reducing their life?
Alignment and balancing both combined should cost you around 500 - 600 Rs. Yes, If you ignore it, it will result in uneven wear of tires which will reduce their life and additionaly after sometime even with alignement and balancing might not give you a straight drive.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:32   #5282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
It needs alignment in that case, not wobbling - What does it cost outside VW ASC? Ignoring this I assume can increase wear on tires and reducing their life?
Yet another case of misalignment and left veering. You can see if a wheel alignment works for you. It should cost you 300-400 outside for a WA. add another 200-250 for Balancing with weights.

Last edited by hrman : 8th October 2012 at 17:38.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:05   #5283
Senior - BHPian

Heres the latest price list for all VW vehicles here in Bangalore (got this pdf yesterday from one of the dealer here)

The Vento AT now costs a whopping 12.35L!!! I thought they had done some price reductions. Then how come it costs more than what I had paid when I bought mine in June earlier this year (I paid 11.66L inclusive of a 14k corporate discount) Has VW actually reduced any prices really?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Price list 1.pdf (47.9 KB, 1129 views)
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 18:41   #5284
BHPian

I am looking for Highline Petrol as my regular mileage will be really low. I got the same quote with 11k corporate discount and 30k for the Garmin unit.

On as side note: comparing the Highline Diesel and Petrol; the ex-showroom being about 10L really stretches the price (51k difference in road-tax and 2L difference in on-road-price). Any idea what the standard fitment mentioned in the price list is?
Old 9th October 2012, 21:24   #5285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
Heres the latest price list for all VW vehicles here in Bangalore (got this pdf yesterday from one of the dealer here)

The Vento AT now costs a whopping 12.35L!!! I thought they had done some price reductions. Has VW actually reduced any prices really?
They actually increased prices of the Highline AT by about Rs 10 k (ex showroom Bombay), and made the Garmin unit compulsory for an overall ex showroom increase of Rs 40 k. I guess they decided that if you are stupid enough to buy a petrol AT today, you are not price sensitive. They now have leatherette seats in the Petrol AT as well, which they did not have in 2011.
Old 9th October 2012, 21:28   #5286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
They actually increased prices of the Highline AT by about Rs 10 k (ex showroom Bombay), and made the Garmin unit compulsory for an overall ex showroom increase of Rs 40 k. I guess they decided that if you are stupid enough to buy a petrol AT today, you are not price sensitive. They now have leatherette seats in the Petrol AT as well, which they did not have in 2011.
well said on the stupid part Though I still love my car, stupid notwithstanding.

How could they make something optional compulsory

I did not get the leatherette seats. I wouldnt have minded paying 10k extra and having them at that time. Had to go to Karlsson and spend 32k on leather seats that I could have saved. The OEM leatherette seats are quite good actually.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 23:46   #5287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
well said on the stupid part Though I still love my car, stupid notwithstanding.

I did not get the leatherette seats. I wouldnt have minded paying 10k extra and having them at that time. Had to go to Karlsson and spend 32k on leather seats that I could have saved. The OEM leatherette seats are quite good actually.
An AT car in Banglore traffic is a boon and coupled with good driving dynamics what more one needs. If later on you did want some extra juice out of the 1.6 MPI unit, you could get it tuned by Kiirus who have recently cracked the ECU code for it.

The leatherette seats offered in Vento were from Jetta which were actually good considering they were perforated but none the less nothing beats Karlsoon genuine leather with good double stitching.
Old 10th October 2012, 05:16   #5288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek

Sir the kit is optional.When I was enquiring about the TDI HL, the Sales Executive on phone initially said the kit is compulsory.I mentioned facebook and he suddenly remembered a "one month offer" with no kit!!
Old 10th October 2012, 06:14   #5289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI

Sir the kit is optional.When I was enquiring about the TDI HL, the Sales Executive on phone initially said the kit is compulsory.I mentioned facebook and he suddenly remembered a "one month offer" with no kit!!
I have booked the Vento Petrol AT. I spoke to all four dealers in Bombay - three of whom initially said its compulsory and the fourth said optional. But when I was about to book, the fourth dealer also turned around and said its compulsory. That position did not change even when I switched my booking to another dealer as a result of this. I agree that there is the theoretical option of making a hue and cry about this, but if I were going to do that, I would just have bought some other car. So I decided to lump it and book.

Last edited by Hayek : 10th October 2012 at 06:17.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 09:04   #5290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I have booked the Vento Petrol AT. I spoke to all four dealers in Bombay - three of whom initially said its compulsory and the fourth said optional. But when I was about to book, the fourth dealer also turned around and said its compulsory. That position did not change even when I switched my booking to another dealer as a result of this. I agree that there is the theoretical option of making a hue and cry about this, but if I were going to do that, I would just have bought some other car. So I decided to lump it and book.
Sir I strongly suggest raising a complaint in the VW Facebook page,this is simply unacceptable nobody can force you to buy stuff you don't need!!
Old 10th October 2012, 11:45   #5291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
An AT car in Banglore traffic is a boon and coupled with good driving dynamics what more one needs. If later on you did want some extra juice out of the 1.6 MPI unit, you could get it tuned by Kiirus who have recently cracked the ECU code for it.
What/Where is Kiirus? AT is definitely a boon here and I'm not complaining (actually theres no reason to). My running is not much (have done only 2600 KM in 4 months of driving the car) so a monthly average of about 700 Km. At an average of 10 it means about 70L of petrol (so roughly about 5000 odd fuel expenses per month) Earlier with my i10 with similar kind of running the fuel expenses were around 4500. Nothing much has changed really!

Quote:
The leatherette seats offered in Vento were from Jetta which were actually good considering they were perforated but none the less nothing beats Karlsoon genuine leather with good double stitching.
Yes Karlsson is good. The only caveat was, I had to go for it because of the fabric seats. I've a two and half year old kid who keeps jumping on the seats all the time and on weekends has her lunch in the car! With leather its quite easy to manage really.
Old 10th October 2012, 12:20   #5292
BHPian

Quote:
What/Where is Kiirus?
Kiirus is a tuner based outta Bombay. He basically does remaps for all cars, bikes & buses too.

He keeps travelling to different cities in the country based on the number of remaps he's gotta do. Get in touch with him. I've scheduled an appointment sometime in November for my 1.6
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 12:35   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Kiirus is a tuner based outta Bombay. He basically does remaps for all cars, bikes & buses too.

He keeps travelling to different cities in the country based on the number of remaps he's gotta do. Get in touch with him. I've scheduled an appointment sometime in November for my 1.6
Wow. You never stop astounding me.

So I take that what Kiirus will do is to reprogram the ECU and that would give some performance benefits? Does that mean that when the car will go for servicing, these benefits will be gone as the battery would be disconnected and ECU might be reset (or is the change permanant?) Is the change only a software upgrade or they put some hardware also?

Lots of questions but I'm sure you have answers Are you going for it in november or meeting to discuss. If its a holiday I would be interested in seeing what work they do and how they do it. And finally if you allow me, how it affected your 1.6
Old 10th October 2012, 12:48   #5294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Vento AT now costs a whopping 12.35L!!! I thought they had done some price reductions. Then how come it costs more than what I had paid when I bought mine in June earlier this year (I paid 11.66L inclusive of a 14k corporate discount) Has VW actually reduced any prices really?
At first I went since I paid 9.94L OTR for my Vento AT delivered in Jan 2011. But thinking about it, the ex-showroom price is up just 71K- the rest is thanks to Karnataka's higher taxation and the insurance amount mentioned which is around 15K higher than what you can get in the market.

71K increase on the base ex-showroom (9.21) is less than 8% increase in just under 2 years. Not bad considering that you now get leatherette seats, a much better HU, reverse sensors built-in, steering mounted controls, blackened headlamps- ALL of which I paid to pay extra for in the aftermarket!
Old 10th October 2012, 12:57   #5295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

So I take that what Kiirus will do is to reprogram the ECU and that would give some performance benefits? Does that mean that when the car will go for servicing, these benefits will be gone as the battery would be disconnected and ECU might be reset (or is the change permanant?) Is the change only a software upgrade or they put some hardware also?

Are you going for it in november or meeting to discuss. If its a holiday I would be interested in seeing what work they do and how they do it. And finally if you allow me, how it affected your 1.6
I was made to understand that the remap is permanent & the blokes at the service station wouldn't have the slightest clue about it.

This isn't a piggy back box. It's similar to Petes Custom Code remap where in the stock ECU is tweaked with.

From what I hear, post remap, the 1.6 should crank out 120 horses with a 20% increase in torque. Mileage figures still need to be confirmed, but I'm positive the change would be negligible

November is when I'm getting the 1.6 remapped. I still haven't confirmed a date as yet. I'll keep you posted & you sure as hell can take the 1.6 for a spin
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks