Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:22   #5251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky

Hello Ninjantalli,
officially there is no difference in price for extended warranty based on time slabs of car ownership.
extended warranty cost remains same for all the customers provided it is bought before end of 2 years.
You should report this guy's communication to VW officials as he is giving wrong information.
Read carefully - I already have the ext warranty for my car.

Feel free to go ahead and do it.
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:38   #5252
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Read carefully - I already have the ext warranty for my car.

Feel free to go ahead and do it.
there is nothing written in my post which points that you want to buy extended warranty for your car.
as you posted this info for other members' help, i just thought of adding correct info.

this info is noted and reported to VW officials to help other fellow customers.

thanks & regards;
Nicky

Last edited by Nicky : 2nd October 2012 at 13:40.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:09   #5253
BHPian

So it was a long weekend. well not exactly, if you take Monday holiday so it became a long weekend. And since Shadowfax was back and we had to pay our quarterly visit to Goa in a year. So we went to Goa, did a 1500 KM round trip. I will call it the Nirvana drive, bliss!

With the Yokohama A-Drives, the tyre noise was much much lesser, I would say that it was atleast 5 times lesser as compared to my Apollo Accelere, this time while driving at speeds beyond 100 KM/ hr I didn't have to pump up the car stereo volume to keep the tyre noise off my ears!

This time a pleasant surprise was, I saw a lot of Ventos on the road, maybe a coincidence, most of the Ventos I saw were Shadow Blue in color. Well my heart still beats for a shadow blue Vento, its Sad that when I bought the car Shadow blue wasn't available, but if I would have bought a blue color, I couldn't have named it Shadowfax! But a sad thing to note here is, most of the Vento owners on the highway / expressways seems to abuse the torque of this car, by dangerous driving, reckless cutting and getting into places where a car cannot squeeze in (you know what I mean here). On the way back, on NICE Road I was on the extreme right lane, with only a small patch of road + some grass and gravel to spare on my right side, suddenly I see a flashing of headlights and before I can react the Vento was just next to me, I had to cut the steering on the right to give the guy a way, now, I was already at 110, the speed at which he overtook me in this manner must have been atleast 140+ Km/hr

Thanks to the Goa long drive, there are only 3500 km to go for the third scheduled servicing of the car, hopefully by mid Nov I should be back with the bill for the third paid service.

Some photographs

On the way, somewhere near Hubli on the expressway

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_5176.jpg

Morjim Beach

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_5228.jpg
evilshantanu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:27   #5254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu
I saw a lot of Ventos on the road, maybe a coincidence, most of the Ventos I saw were Shadow Blue in color.
OT: You didn't by any chance see a "black mamba" with HID lights and several tbhp stickers around?

What a pity!

Edit: Not that this is supposed to be a race, but he'll be beating you on that too!
Quote:
Thanks to the Goa long drive, there are only 3500 km to go for the third scheduled servicing of the car

Last edited by ninjatalli : 3rd October 2012 at 13:38.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:03   #5255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
In my case if I put the A/C in internal circulation mode, this hissing sound is no more audible. Looks like it has to do something with the air intake portion.
Confirmed!! The sound 95% disappears once the A/C is put into internal re-circulation mode. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
If this is audible only in the external ventilation mode, then this is the sound of the AC blower and not the turbo.
Not convinced about this evilshantanu. I think it could be the turbo sound finding its way in when the AC is in fresh air mode. Reason i say this is because the sound is closely co-related with throttle position, whereas there is no reason for the AC blower to be related to the throttle position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hullo! Never knew we had one more Vento tdi owner around here. Always assumed your earlier inputs were more of general views. A recent buy? You have been quite quiet about it so far.
Have had it since March 2012. Terra Beige, Highline, TDI. Pic attached:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_5037_edit.jpg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:42   #5256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Not convinced about this evilshantanu. I think it could be the turbo sound finding its way in when the AC is in fresh air mode. Reason i say this is because the sound is closely co-related with throttle position, whereas there is no reason for the AC blower to be related to the throttle position.
I support. I also feel that the suspension hissing is also getting mixed here . Because if we go through a potholed portion, the hissing is increasing, even if there is no acceleration. But there is something to do with turbo hissing also, as the sound is more during the turbo spooling conditions.
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:51   #5257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Confirmed!! The sound 95% disappears once the A/C is put into internal re-circulation mode. Thanks.
Rehaan,

Could you replicate the sound with the aircon off completely ? With the Aircon on, the sound of the blower almost always drowns out the sound.

Sid
Old 4th October 2012, 10:33   #5258
BHPian

Battery had to be replaced almost exactly 2 years after purchase. I feel that is too soon. Maybe I got a dud one. In Bangalore right now only one service centre is open. It will delay my 2nd service by about 15 days, hopefully it will not void my warranty.
Old 4th October 2012, 15:55   #5259
BHPian

Extended Warranty

Hi All,

Dropped my Vento TDI for 2nd service at VW Palace cross (after 23k mileage and 2 years ownership). Whilst there, I bought the extended warranty for Rs.11,426/-. Roadside assistance would be a separate package for Rs.3,333/-. I'll be purchasing RSA too when I collect my vento tomorrow.

So, I believe we don't have different prices for 1 year and 2 year old vehicles. Btw, My Vento was purchased on 15.Nov.2010.

Cheers.

Last edited by ventoman : 4th October 2012 at 15:56.
ventoman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 21:50   #5260
BHPian

Is there an extended warranty brochure with terms and conditions?
Old 5th October 2012, 06:41   #5261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos
Is there an extended warranty brochure with terms and conditions?
That will be sent by post within the next sixty days. All that I have for now is a receipt for the payment.
Old 5th October 2012, 07:51   #5262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
That will be sent by post within the next sixty days. All that I have for now is a receipt for the payment.
I asked because I remember reading that some other manufacturer had removed coverage for a lot of things that are in the original warranty from the extended warranty. I'd like to see the terms before I even consider to get it.

It'd be a great help if you could give any details of what all is covered in the extended warranty
Old 5th October 2012, 09:13   #5263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos

It'd be a great help if you could give any details of what all is covered in the extended warranty
As far as I know, extended warranty covers engine and gear box alone. I'll wait for the brochure to confirm the finer details.
Other Vento owners who received the extended warranty brochure can comment on this to provide further details.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 12:13   #5264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
As far as I know, extended warranty covers engine and gear box alone. I'll wait for the brochure to confirm the finer details.
Other Vento owners who received the extended warranty brochure can comment on this to provide further details.
In that case don't you think its a little pricey at 11.5k? Considering that for people with heavy running, if no manufacturing defect appeared in the engine and gear box in first 2 years/30k kms then the probability of it appearing in the next two years is extremely less?

I am considering getting the extended RSA but even that seems too pricey to me, I remember my dad got it from a 3rd party provider for Delhi NCR at some Rs. 300/year. 1700/year seems a bit too much, though having experienced the reliability of VW RSA first hand I might end up going for it.

On another note for all those people with insurance renewal coming up I have received an insurance quote workbook. You can put in your cars IDV value in the excel sheet (and other parameters if necessarily) and you can get the quote with or without zero dep. My cars IDV according to insurance companies IDV formula comes to 585000 but I am contemplating getting it reduced to 430000 thereby saving 3800 in insurance premium. I only stand to loose out if the cars gets stolen or totaled.

I don't think vento can get stolen due to the high tech security systems (mines the old car with interior surveillance and pressure alarm ), I don't do a lot of night driving specially in shady area's so the risk of getting carjacked is close to nil as well. Also considering most of my running is in city limits and I have become a reasonably cautious driver, my car will probably never get close to totaled condition.

Reducing the IDV seems like a prudent decision to me considering one can save 10-40% insurance premium this way!
Attached Files
File Type: xls Tata AIG.xls (34.0 KB, 463 views)
Old 5th October 2012, 12:48   #5265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
My cars IDV according to insurance companies IDV formula comes to 585000 but I am contemplating getting it reduced to 430000 thereby saving 3800 in insurance premium. I only stand to loose out if the cars gets stolen or totaled.
Reducing the IDV seems like a prudent decision to me considering one can save 10-40% insurance premium this way!
Not sure how right is this strategy. If you have not done this before, I would advise don't take chances and reduce the IDV. As per Insurance rules, IDV cannot be reduced beyond a prescribed % of last year's policy. (20% AFAIR).

Also during resale, I've seen buyers checking the IDV and quoting a price in the whereabouts. So with an unusually low IDV, you may stand to lose out or the buyer finds an argument to lower his offer price. But this is relevant only if you decide to sell the car and not otherwise.

I've sold 4 personal cars and in all cases, invariably, the IDV and sale price was hand in hand. These were sold in a time-frame where the car's vintage ranged between 1.5 - 4.5 years

Here is an article on TBHP , where the BHPian has mentioned a tip on IDV as well.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1778818
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks