Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 12:46   #4516
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Aniket, sorry to hear about the incident. The bumper received at the workshop from factory is a black plastic without any paint onto it. Workshop guys paint it in their paint booth as per the requirement. They do not stock bumpers & metal parts with various colors as it would make lot of inventory.

From the looks of the damage, it does seems repairable. Once my Tata Indica bumper got ripped off from one side, which the workshop guys attached using pins and applied some paste and repainted it. Looked good as new. Ask workshop to repair it first as they will be interested in getting it replaced in first place to make more money. And paint quality wont be same as stock, orange peel effect & what not.

If you claim insurance then you would even lose NCB which accounts for 20% value of premium. Make a wise decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Repairing also would cost atleast a couple grand + painting so he would have to take insurance anyways. In that he should go in for replacement since he has zero dep policy and would only have to to pay processing charges.

Ankit, Keep in mind next year you won't get NCB nor Zero dep insurance if you claim.
Yes. Even I have that point in my mind about NCB. Hence, will take a call on that depending on the situation when I visit the service center in next couple of days.

I know a senior service center executive at B.U.Bhandari VW Pune as B.U.Bhandari had Tata dealership till about a year back. I had nice interactions with him as my previous car was a Vista and I had also met the same person at the time of Vento's PDI.

So, I hope he would give me the right advise and will not not try to fool me into anything which incurs additional cost.

Will try to come back to the forum for final suggestions after I get a quote from the service center as to whether, I should go for the claim or not.

Lets see. Hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
No. Bumper comes unpainted. The workshop paints it as per the color of the car.

You can workout a deal with the dealership once the claim is approved, to get the new bumper painted and ready.

You can use the car in the meanwhile, and once it is ready you can go in for plug n play.

This arragement works if you have good relationship with VASS and workshop manager.
Oh. I was not aware of that.

Will check for the arrangement you suggested, if required. That is a good idea.

Regards,
Aniket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Ankit
Abhinav, it's Aniket

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 11th June 2012 at 12:49. Reason: Typo correction.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:03   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Thanks for the information Abhinav. This will be helpful. I have Zero Dep Insurance.

A quick query, if the bumper is being changed, then why additional 5K for painting? Would'nt they right away put a Blue colored bumper - kind of plug n play task? Remove the old and fix the new.

Regards,
Aniket
Aniket , sorry to hear about the accident and can understand your frustration given that it happened due to no fault of yours .
You have rightly pointed that there would not be any painting charges if the bumper is changed, if its repaired then it would be charged . IMO , its better to change the bumper since any plastic repair work lends itself to future danger of pieces cracking up and pieces falling off .
I would also suggest that you should only claim against insurance if the total cost works out to be more than 10 K , a very crude calculation is that if you claim you lose NCB which is 20% of your premium paid plus you pay 1000 as processing charges.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:10   #4518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Even I have that point in my mind about NCB. Hence, will take a call on that depending on the situation when I visit the service center in next couple of days.
Do tell if you want to get it done outside. Can suggest the place where I got my car's dent re-painted.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:10   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
a very crude calculation is that if you claim you lose NCB which is 20% of your premium paid plus you pay 1000 as processing charges.
As per the new Insurace norms (these changes are applicable to all Insurers), for all cars having Engine capacity more than 1.5L, the claim processing fee is now 2000. For all cars less than 1.5L engine, the processing fee is 1000.

So Aniket you will have to shell out 2000 if you go for insurance claims (even zero dep ones). I would suggest you get it repaired rather than changed. It looks repairable to me.

If you have a policy from Tata AIG then you will not lose NCB benefits if you go for repair.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:26   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Abhinav, it's Aniket
Sorry for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
As per the new Insurace norms (these changes are applicable to all Insurers), for all cars having Engine capacity more than 1.5L, the claim processing fee is now 2000. For all cars less than 1.5L engine, the processing fee is 1000.

So Aniket you will have to shell out 2000 if you go for insurance claims (even zero dep ones). I would suggest you get it repaired rather than changed. It looks repairable to me.

If you have a policy from Tata AIG then you will not lose NCB benefits if you go for repair.
Processing charges would be as per the original policy signed, so if you signed at 1500 it would still be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I would also suggest that you should only claim against insurance if the total cost works out to be more than 10 K , a very crude calculation is that if you claim you lose NCB which is 20% of your premium paid plus you pay 1000 as processing charges.

One would also have to keep in mind the probability of having to make another claim in the policy year

Last edited by Abhinav.Daos : 11th June 2012 at 13:27.
Old 11th June 2012, 20:02   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Minor chrome-ification for my Blue wind! I am looking for chromes for my window like in Linea. will the chrome strips be available over the counter at linea spares?
Did you got the chromes for windows? I checked in many shops at Bangalore and not available.
Old 11th June 2012, 20:38   #4522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I was under the same impression. And then I went through the policy.

NCB Protection is not available during first year, but only after you renew your insurance with Tata AIG. Also there are a few more conditions if I remember correctly!
Old 11th June 2012, 23:28   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm

Did you got the chromes for windows? I checked in many shops at Bangalore and not available.
Yes, got it from eBay unitedcustomz
Old 12th June 2012, 06:05   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope, the bumper took all the beating and nothing was damaged inside.
Damage doesnt look too bad and it seems very much repairable. IMO, following is what you should do - It will work out to be much much cheaper than what you'd have imagined, do give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Do tell if you want to get it done outside. Can suggest the place where I got my car's dent re-painted.
Specially people who drive on the wrong side of the road. Nothing gets me worked up more than when I see people driving on the wrong side of the road, and sometimes even in the fast lane on the highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
If India canceled driving licenses of offenders, the traffic on streets will come down by at least half.
Old 12th June 2012, 07:08   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27
First heartbreak, that too a major one. The first major hit came to my Vista after a year when a Scorpio hit it from behind at the RHS while he was changing lanes and misjudged, but Vento got hurt in less than 3 months (7 days to go for completing 3 months) :(

A biker hit my Vento and the front bumper got damaged with two major cracks and some plastic part hanging. Will go to the service center tomorrow. Want to get it repaired before the Mega-meet.

I was taking a left onto the main road while exiting from the lane from my house. An i10 was coming from the wrong side. I noticed him but this biker came overtaking the i10 on the wrong side and bang!! Since, I was very slow, this entire impact is due to the speed of the bike. Why do people drive wrong side just to save a few hundred meter? They risk their lives and others also. And in such cases, the they blame everything on you because you are in a big car

Here are the snaps. I think the entire bumper would need to be replaced due to the cracks. Lets see..

I hope, the bumper took all the beating and nothing was damaged inside.

Regards,
Aniket
Don't worry this doesn't seem major, the thing that is seen hanging is lock carrier. This doesn't cost much and the replacement cost with labor comes to 4200/- I got it replaced.
Old 12th June 2012, 10:35   #4526
BHPian

Ventoheads, I have started encountering a very irritating issue for the past 3 weeks. After a cold start, there is a squeaking sound coming out of the brakes when they are applied. This only comes when the vehicle is moving slowly and right after a cold start, like in the mornings or in the evenings when the vehicle has been parked for at least 8 hours. After the vehicle has been driven for another 10-15 minutes the sound goes away. There is no problem with the braking response at any point but for this really irritating noise. Sounds like one of those state transport buses in my city coming to a stop. I got it checked with the service center and got the usual non answer to the problem blaming it on the moisture and what not. The sound seems to be coming from the front brakes and gets accentuated when the steering column is turned and the brakes applied lightly.Has any other Vento owner encountered this issue?
Old 12th June 2012, 12:47   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Ventoheads, I have started encountering a very irritating issue for the past 3 weeks. After a cold start, there is a squeaking sound coming out of the brakes when they are applied.
I have noticed this sound during rainy season, but it didn't continue more than day.

If it's stays for 3 weeks, I think you should ask SA to clean the brake pads.
Old 12th June 2012, 14:50   #4528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sound seems to be coming from the front brakes and gets accentuated when the steering column is turned and the brakes applied lightly.Has any other Vento owner encountered this issue?
I have also encountered the faint noise when the brakes are cold just as you have mentioned . Just ensure that the first couple of times you apply the brake you do it in a firm manner which would help get the brakes wamr up and it would go. In my case though the noise is not dependent on the steering wheel being turned .
Old 12th June 2012, 15:00   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar
Ventoheads, I have started encountering a very irritating issue for the past 3 weeks.
I also encountered this problem. But only after I drove the car in rains the previous day. Don't worry, I have seen a similar problem in Civic as well, Seems like a general feature of the disc brakes :-)
Old 12th June 2012, 15:10   #4530
Senior - BHPian

If you release the brakes slowly and and not fully, it always made that grumbling sound. I think its a feature in Ventos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks