Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 16:30   #4486
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Edit: The manual says the tank capacity is 55 litres. Here on the forum it has been validated several times that the tank can take in close to 60 litres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am assuming that the actual capacity of the Tank is somewhere around 60-62 litres. I have a habit of getting the car filled till brim. The cutoff generally cuts when the car has around 50 litres of fuel. On an average I have observed that around 8 litres fuel goes inside after that. Assuming that there must be some fuel in the tank when I went to get it filled it is safe to assume 60 Litre capacity..
I agree to the fact that the tank could accomodate about 60ltr, but as per my tank full to tank full method is concerned, I have consistently been filling up tank after doing about 730-750kms and it fills in about 47-48ltrs giving me an average mileage of about 15.5kmpl. In this case, I filled up 51ltrs after 693kms that too with 350kms of highway driving. So my mileage comes out to be 693/51 = 13.5kmpl, which is hard to believe. That makes my belief stronger that the petrol pump meter/system was tampered. My query/confusion was never on the capacity of the Vento's tank.

Anyways, let the bygones be bygones. Will once again check when I do the next tank full.

But still, I would suggest people travelling on NH4 to Satara/Kolhapur or further to avoid this HP petrol pump (Pooja Petroleum@Satara on the highway).

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 4th June 2012, 16:33   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
There are two types of sills available as OEM - one costing 950 and another (with premium in the name) for 1150.
Get the Premium ones which have Vento written on the metal part. Those are the ones I have on my Vento TDi. Tell the SA that you want these only & he should arrange the parts necessary. Never give in to those SA's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
I somehow feel that the turbo acceleration isnt as much as it was earlier. I am not feeling the 'kick' as much as before. All of this started 2 weeks ago. The changes that happened - I did wheel balancing, alignment and rotation and filled the fuel tank with diesel (from my regular fuel depot).
It seems the air hose supplying air to the turbo has developed some puncture which is resulting in the drop. Get you car checked ASAP. Tell the workshop that your car needs immediate attention and if still they don't give you an appointment, land up at the workshop meet the manager & create a racket. That should get the work done. You should not drive around without getting your car checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi Guys, i think the beading problem has finally bit me too. :( Just to be sure, is it a strange plastic-cracking sound which is now coming from all 4 doors when i take my car over undulated roads? if it is, what is the solution? I saw somewhere in Rachit's post that a wet cloth wipe on all door beadings will help?
Its a design fault in the car and the best you can do is keep the door beading clean of any dirt, small stones and just wipe it with wet cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Asked him to do a full tank. Sensor stopped at about 45 ltrs. I asked him to fill more. (I do this everytime I fill diesel). The petrol pump meter reached 51 ltrs and still there was space for more. I stopped him there.
I would suggest you to always ask the fuel pump attendant to do a auto-cut fill up and not ask them to add more. Taking cue of the situation they would show they are filling up but with air and meter will keep rising.

I always do a auto-cut fill up from a HPCL pump and never I have encountered such situation. There cant be possibility of fuel meter going above 51 lts since there would easily be 7-8 lt fuel in the car. When the fuel light glows it means there is 7 lt fuel left in the car.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 18:32   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Hi Merril, Please get tis checked immediately. I had encountered the same temporary hissing type sound . but i ignored it. Later when i went for a long drive from Mumbai to Thane and post clocking speeds in the range of 140-150 kmph on the Pune exp way the the reinforced rubber pipe supplying AIR from the Turbo gave way. Did not realize what was the issue. Felt loss of power and Tourbo would just not kick in.The Glow bulb - coil shape symbol had come on on the dashboard display. Drove like that to Goa and handed over the car at VW Service station at Panaji. The part was not avb . Through some intervention was able to get the part in time. The replacement was free of cost as car was under warranty.

Note - Prior to to the Mumbai - Goa Drive i had noticed lot of condensation on and around the Turbo pipe. The service rep at Thane center told me its normal. I dont trust him now. But they say condenstaion does happen.
Thank you for your reply Swift Express. I noticed that there _is_ condensation at the inlet (or is it outlet) point of the pipe as well (when I took it to the service center 2 months earlier). I guess I better visit the service center and show this to them, as I do have a long trip planned this Friday and hope I wouldnt have to search for a VW service center in the hinterlands of KA.
Old 5th June 2012, 17:20   #4489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
O.T. : Yes, air valve caps are off the listing. I was contemplating to purchase one set of it but left the idea thinking prying eyes may steal them. Even if one goes off, the whole look is spoilt.
Got the antenna today, and installed it right away.
There is no change is FM reception quality at all. Product cover has the Volkswagen Shanghai tag on it, and looks like it is a genuine VW accessory. Overall quality looks good.
Old 5th June 2012, 17:41   #4490
Senior - BHPian

@abhilash, I fixed my antenna just 15 minutes back (during removal of sun film). Looks much better than the original wire thing.
Old 6th June 2012, 02:22   #4491
BHPian

Planning to get these blinds for the Vento - CAR Auto Stop Sunshade Screen~TUBE DESIGN~2pcs | eBay

What do you guys think?

Used to blinds in the other two cars... and it's too hot to survive without them!
Old 6th June 2012, 23:28   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Planning to get these blinds for the Vento - CAR Auto Stop Sunshade Screen~TUBE DESIGN~2pcs | eBay

What do you guys think?

Used to blinds in the other two cars... and it's too hot to survive without them!
Those blinds on eBay look el cheapo. Skip those.

I would suggest you these P8 Window Curtain by Amritas India. They cost Rs. 4650 for Cruze but looks elegant.

Hese another link of a Cruze on which a bhpian has installed them. Scroll to the end and you will see pics of these curtains.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:39   #4493
BHPian

Hmmm, he got it for around 3200 he mentions, not bad for four windows (any good film would cost double!) Just wonder how are these fixed... And if they come for the vento! Wonder if these are attached to the door pad or just hang to the window...

Anyone has pictures of this installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Those blinds on eBay look el cheapo. Skip those.

I would suggest you these P8 Window Curtain by Amritas India. They cost Rs. 4650 for Cruze but looks elegant.

Hese another link of a Cruze on which a bhpian has installed them. Scroll to the end and you will see pics of these curtains.
Old 7th June 2012, 07:57   #4494
BHPian

During my recent visit to the workshop I had asked about this new feature where you can run the AC in the automatic mode as well as recirculation. As usual the SA claimed he had no idea and claimed that even VW couldn't help him on this. I read somewhere in this thread a TBHPian who has got this enabled? Is that on the pre-refresh or the post-refresh Vento? Appreciate if someone could throw some light on this.

On another note, the SA claimed that there is one Vento owner here in Kolkata who has driven his Vento TDI close to 60000 kms in just over an year without having any issues at all . Generally my SA doesn't lie to me and if there is any truth to this, its very impressive and reassuring to hear .

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 7th June 2012 at 08:00.
Old 7th June 2012, 08:36   #4495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
On another note, the SA claimed that there is one Vento owner here in Kolkata who has driven his Vento TDI close to 60000 kms in just over an year without having any issues at all . Generally my SA doesn't lie to me and if there is any truth to this, its very impressive and reassuring to hear .
The 60k is the impressive fact or that it was done in a year?
Know a Vento that has crossed 75k in 1+ years and still running absolutely fine (still to TD the car myself!)
Old 7th June 2012, 09:56   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
Actually both . From what I heard, the guy practically lives in his car. Such is his love for the Vento .
Old 7th June 2012, 13:08   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
During my recent visit to the workshop I had asked about this new feature where you can run the AC in the automatic mode as well as recirculation. As usual the SA claimed he had no idea and claimed that even VW couldn't help him on this. I read somewhere in this thread a TBHPian who has got this enabled? Is that on the pre-refresh or the post-refresh Vento? Appreciate if someone could throw some light on this.
in New vento cars this feature is enabled (manufactured May onwards). In old cars, dealers have been instructed in last one week to activate this feature when car comes for service or repair.

Last edited by Nicky : 7th June 2012 at 13:23.
Nicky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 14:17   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Know a Vento that has crossed 75k in 1+ years and still running absolutely fine (still to TD the car myself!)
I am waiting for a detailed report on your friend's TDI Vento which has run 75K, hope that trip of yours planned with them happened...would be interested in knowing:

1) What ODO reading did she get the tyres changed? If yes, which tyres did she go for?

2) what age of the car did she get the wiper blades changed?

3) Did she also encounter one of the VW logos on the allow wheels (the cap which is in the center of the wheel) has come out?

4) Did she get the stock headlights upgraded

5) did she go in for extended warranty?

Reason:

1) The VW logo on the alloy wheel (one of them) came off, though I got a new one for peanuts, but still it was a pain to go to the Service Center just for this

2) I have driven 35,473 KM as of today (the vehicle was delivered to me on 4th March 2011) and now the tyres look a "little" worn, But I can see the effects on braking hard during rains already. Though the ABS works fantastically, but if there is grime / mud mixed with rain water on the road (slippery roads) the ABS kicks in a lot earlier as it used to kick when the tyres were new

3) Thinking of getting the headlights upgraded

4) A good news for all the Vento Owners, after my 30,000 KM service, the rattles / clutter / Clatter of engine has reduced a lot after cold starts, and it happens only if the engine is stopped for over 13-14 hrs

Some faltoo Gyan:

1) No Coolant levels topped up apart from regular service

2) the engine oil level was topped up only at 7,000 KM ODO reading apart from the regular servicing

3) The Engine still pounds like a horse and has the same refinement as there was after the run-in period

4) The after sales service support of Bangalore Motors has been just terrific!

5) though the vehicle wash still sucks at Bangalore Motors service center

6) The seat color is not very bad, in my 1 year and 3 months of ownership, just got the car seats washed once

7) Vento is a greenhouse without the Sunfilms....

8) The stock speakers suck, I plan to upgrade them just like nileshch

9) The Vento jack is a delight to use, no effort at all, works like feather

10) The one touch up and one touch down for all the power windows is addictive, now when I drive my Dad's Manza or any of my friends C / C+ segment car, I always wish it had that feature

11) The car is capable of challenging a Chevrolet Cruz on highways! tried it on my recent Goa trip

12) The rear air vent doesnt have any practical usage, the air pressure there is too low to actually benefit the rear seat passengers, once in a while the third person sitting on the rear seat kicks it accidentally and the vent adjustment goes for a toss, have to take it to the service center to do the alignment again....

13) Thanks to Bangalore's pathetic ORR, the car suffered a couple of impacts in potholes (the engine bay) as a result the lock carrier (the plastic casing which holds the Radiator, Compressor and the radiator fan broke, got it replaced, with the labor, the replacement charges came to Rs 4,200/- only, which I think is very cheap, considering its such an important part in the engine area and the service center guys had to un-mount the radiator etc to install it, the installation took an entire day

More Gyan later
evilshantanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 14:52   #4499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
. . .
Unfortunately, I might not be able to do a detailed TDI till November, as I don't have any immediate plans of going to Gujarat (where the car is)in the current quarter. I wonder if some of us might reach 75k well before that!

But I have been pestering her to get more information from her relatives about the car. The only answer to your queries is

4) Did she get the stock headlights upgraded
- No. The car is being used as a workhorse. No changes at all, everything is stock.

5) did she go in for extended warranty?
- Last I spoke to them, they hadn't. But they know the dealer, so probably they'll be getting it done accordingly when it's required.

P.s. Keep the gyan coming. Not all of it is faltoo!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 05:33   #4500
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand this. As far as I know, when I choose re-circulation and the desired temperature, the blower speed used to be automatically adjusted depending on the ambient temperature. Only when I choose auto, the system toggles between re-circ and fresh air mode, which is how the ACC should work. So, what's new or different/change with this update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
in New vento cars this feature is enabled (manufactured May onwards). In old cars, dealers have been instructed in last one week to activate this feature when car comes for service or repair.

Agree with you on most of the points, just a couple of comments

- 35k is decent life for the rubber and I think you can push it for another 5k or so, depending on the depth of the thread. Do the coin test on the tire thread to determine their how good they are. ABS kicking in often means tires are losing their traction easily, but it usually happes in mud/gravel, so do keep a watch.

- Vento's jack - it may be easy with the operations and all, but remember the range of the jack is extremely limited which I found it out the hard way. After getting stuck with it, the very first thing I did was to buy the hydraulic jack. But alas, I had to sell my car even without using it once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
2) I have driven 35,473 KM as of today (the vehicle was delivered to me on 4th March 2011) and now the tyres look a "little" worn, But I can see the effects on braking hard during rains already. Though the ABS works fantastically, but if there is grime / mud mixed with rain water on the road (slippery roads) the ABS kicks in a lot earlier as it used to kick when the tyres were new

9) The Vento jack is a delight to use, no effort at all, works like feather

Last edited by bala80 : 8th June 2012 at 05:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks