Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 17:08   #2986
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Which variety of snake was it and where is the Swift located?.
Variety: Dont Know. It wast cut & Fried. (What they said)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Snake INSIDE a gear box is surely a first !! Unless it went in during assembly. It would anyway have been mince meat or fried with hot oil & minced. Wonder how anyone figured out it was a snake
Cheers
The service centre guys said they found some scales. I had no intention of seeing it. I ran out of the workshop to save myself from the appauling stench. Funny consequence, nobody was ready to clean up the mess. Had it been a Skoda or Fiat, I am sure they would have asked the owner to do it.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:10   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I am getting the car via Orix lease. So there is some muscle power to help me deal with VW.
I know it is off topic but cant resist asking - Is ORIX leasing because of the the company you are working with? Or are you an independent professional? You can PM me if you think thats more appropriate.

Last edited by aghosht : 19th September 2011 at 17:12. Reason: correction
Old 19th September 2011, 17:44   #2988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I think they would have now added components in the front, counting the tweeters as added speakers. Can you confirm?

Also, for the benefit of everyone, can you post the list of all features/additions in this updated vento?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Also as Bala asked can you please list down all the new features? Sincerely hope the engine is still 1.6 and VW didn't change that!
Well most of them have been documented earlier.

The changes I could notice
  • New player
  • Black & White display background for ACC
  • USB port in Glove box
  • Black leather cover for steering wheel
  • Steering controls on the wheel
  • Return of the missing chrome parts
  • Removal of the security surveilance system
Forgot to check out the rear parking sensors. Also the Jetta has a AUX port next to the gear - will have to check and see if the Vento has been provided one too. As for the additional 2 speakers, the mail from VW (in Sales Mgr's inbox) mentioned 4 speakers. I had inquired with him and he mentioned that the earlier cars had 2 speakers & 2 tweeters. Am not really clear if this is true - current Vento owners, please confirm.

Apart from that the car seemed pretty much the same as earlier. And yes, the engine was still the 1.6

Last edited by ninjatalli : 19th September 2011 at 17:47.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 17:51   #2989
Distinguished - BHPian

Pre-refresh Vento has no tweeters: just 4 speakers, one in each door.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:53   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Pre-refresh Vento has no tweeters: just 4 speakers, one in each door.
Yup true Dat! The earlier Vento had 4 Speakers and no tweeters!
Old 21st September 2011, 14:19   #2991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The changes I could notice
Now that you have confirmed the changes , I hope they have not changed the cabin lights or the various lights on the switches - during the night the entire arrangement looks awesome in the pre-refreshed Vento.

Btw, Ninja have you got your car ? Need to know when we can start pestering you for your ownership thread , in the running for being the first refreshed Vento thread

Just noticed that this thread has completed 200 pages !!

Last edited by souravc : 21st September 2011 at 14:23.
Old 21st September 2011, 15:52   #2992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Now that you have confirmed the changes , I hope they have not changed the cabin lights or the various lights on the switches - during the night the entire arrangement looks awesome in the pre-refreshed Vento.
No, the cabin lights & interiors looked pretty much the same. Even I loved the look of the car in the night with all the small lights lighting up the interiors - but I wonder if the new backlight of the ACC & player might make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Btw, Ninja have you got your car ? Need to know when we can start pestering you for your ownership thread , in the running for being the first refreshed Vento thread

Just noticed that this thread has completed 200 pages !!
Still waiting. I remember your words about a month back - that this car literally makes us wait till the tears come out

Everybody is out to delay the delivery - Tata AIG guys tell me they'll handover the soft copy of insurance copy in 6 hours max, instead they take a full 2 days to do the same.

Car should be available for delivery by Saturday morning, but I have a feeling @anToNIcHeN might beat me to it with his red vento
Old 21st September 2011, 17:04   #2993
BHPian

Ninja, Since you are the only person I know of who has seen the new car in person, I have a question for you.

You said the the interior surveillance system has been removed. So what about the plastic casing that enclosed it and that our members complained about (cases that kept falling off its hooks). Has that been removed and replaced with roof carpet appropriately. I hope so as I would rather not want a empty casing that covers nothing now but one that keeps dropping down.

Also can you confirm if the back light of the ACC and the Radio match. I remember someone reporting a mismatch in the back lit colors. Existing owners, what is the backlight color of the various meters in the display console, white ?

My apologies for the many questions am just dying to know how the refreshed vento that I will get looks like

Last edited by SR-71 : 21st September 2011 at 17:09.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:36   #2994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Ninja, Since you are the only person I know of who has seen the new car in person, I have a question for you.

You said the the interior surveillance system has been removed. So what about the plastic casing that enclosed it and that our members complained about (cases that kept falling off its hooks). Has that been removed and replaced with roof carpet appropriately. I hope so as I would rather not want a empty casing that covers nothing now but one that keeps dropping down.
The surveillance system has been replaced by a block (not sure if its a seperate block or part of the body) which has the soft interior roof carpet covering. For someone who hasn't seen the surveillance system, this will look just like part of the roof.

Quote:
Also can you confirm if the back light of the ACC and the Radio match. I remember someone reporting a mismatch in the back lit colors. Existing owners, what is the backlight color of the various meters in the display console, white ?
During the PDI, I just had a short look at both, and it matched (black background with white font).

Existing colors (please correct me if I'm wrong) was kinda greyish background with black font (like the black & white mobiles we used to have).

But what I would have loved was if they had given it a orange background similar to the dashboard - then it would have looked even more awesome.

Quote:
My apologies for the many questions am just dying to know how the refreshed vento that I will get looks like
Please keep them coming - I know how you feel. Will definitely put up the ownership thread by sunday with detailed pics, plus people at Hinjewadi (Pune) can have a look at the car on Monday (assuming there is no more delay )
Old 21st September 2011, 17:41   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The surveillance system has been replaced by a block (not sure if its a seperate block or part of the body) which has the soft interior roof carpet covering. For someone who hasn't seen the surveillance system, this will look just like part of the roof.

During the PDI, I just had a short look at both, and it matched (black background with white font).

Existing colors (please correct me if I'm wrong) was kinda greyish background with black font (like the black & white mobiles we used to have).

But what I would have loved was if they had given it a orange background similar to the dashboard - then it would have looked even more awesome.

Please keep them coming - I know how you feel. Will definitely put up the ownership thread by sunday with detailed pics, plus people at Hinjewadi (Pune) can have a look at the car on Monday (assuming there is no more delay )
With lights on, I think the ACC and Radio are blue lit, otherwise they are gray.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:18   #2996
Senior - BHPian

I shall hopefully be going to check out my car at the dealer's stockyard tomorrow. Will try taking pictures & posting them if it helps any. Basically want to go & see the car before the temp registration process..will be taking delivery on the 28th (God Willing)

Also going for 205/55/15's on stock alloys on day one. Though if I find a buyer for the Stock Alloys I may go for aftermarket ones & just may opt for 16's

Will post if I do get the pics

Cheers
Old 21st September 2011, 20:06   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Mine had held on so far pretty alright. The backlight colour of both the music system and ACC is blue when lit. The IP backlight is in white though.

P.S - Curious to know the part highlighted in bold below, Did you get any updates on your wait list?

Quote:

You said the the interior surveillance system has been removed. So what about the plastic casing that enclosed it and that our members complained about (cases that kept falling off its hooks).

Old 21st September 2011, 21:37   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
P.S - Curious to know the part highlighted in bold below, Did you get any updates on your wait list?
Ha ha, am yet a month or more away from getting it. When I asked in the first week of September I was told it was 25 and the number of cars being dispatched were 9 per month. So it was supposed to 9 in September, 9 (making it 18) in October and I was promised I will get mine in November. So I took the word and did not cancel the booking (yet).

As the arhictect from matrix says - ""Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of ones' greatest strength, and ones' greatest weakness"

Last edited by SR-71 : 21st September 2011 at 21:39.
Old 21st September 2011, 23:00   #2999
vcx
BHPian

In Hyderabad , vento HL TDi costs 12+lacs OTR at this price isn'nt it worthy to think next segment like cruze or civic (petrol)? Abt 3 lacs+?
Old 22nd September 2011, 07:26   #3000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha, am yet a month or more away from getting it. When I asked in the first week of September I was told it was 25 and the number of cars being dispatched were 9 per month. So it was supposed to 9 in September, 9 (making it 18) in October and I was promised I will get mine in November. So I took the word and did not cancel the booking (yet).
9 per month
The pune dealer I'm dealing with, average number of bookings of Vento & Polo combined goes to 80+ per month! Down south, are Vento purchases that low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
In Hyderabad , vento HL TDi costs 12+lacs OTR at this price isn'nt it worthy to think next segment like cruze or civic (petrol)? Abt 3 lacs+?
Outright answer - If you have the moolah, then yes.
But I can give you a few questions to think about -
  • Do you have a cut-off for your budget? Is the additional 3 lakhs going to pinch your wallet?
  • Are you looking at Petrol or Diesel (considering you have mentioned both in your choices) - what's your monthly usage going to look like?
  • Have you TDed any of these cars? What did you like/dislike about them?
IMO, look at a segment of cars and not only price. Vento, Verna, Fiesta are all C segment sedans. Cruze & Civic, C+.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks