Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 14:01   #2956
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Pete's tuning box is available with 130bhp and 320Nm torque. I regularly see this Vento in Cochin. The car was posted in this thread before.
Here's the full report to that.
http://www.petes.in/images/vento.pdf
I had mailed Pete regarding the same, but they replied, that they are still in the process of fine tuning it and hence not available. But this was about 4 months ago.

Dear Mr Arvind,
Thank you for your interest in Pete’s.
Pete’s Tuning Box is under test for VW Vento Diesel. Will update you as soon as it arrives.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
Regards,

Pete’s Support

Thats the reply I received
Old 17th September 2011, 14:07   #2957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
I had mailed Pete regarding the same, but they replied, that they are still in the process of fine tuning it and hence not available. But this was about 4 months ago.

Dear Mr Arvind,
Thank you for your interest in Pete’s.
Pete’s Tuning Box is under test for VW Vento Diesel. Will update you as soon as it arrives.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
Regards,

Pete’s Support

Thats the reply I received
Oh, maybe the production box is under development. The car I see is owned by Peter and often see near their outlet.

BTW, he drives the new Laura RS (black) with bodykit.
Old 17th September 2011, 14:36   #2958

My Vento HL Petrol MT is about 5 months old and i have noticed 4 major problem areas:-
  1. Thanks to the craters on mumbai roads, my car has suddenly developed lot of body roll and i can feel even the smallest of jerks and shocks. Worried that the suspension may have given out already.
  2. The Alloy wheels seem to be made of butter as ever curb, small stone seems to cut through it easily. There are numerous deep cuts on the alloys which is unbelievable.
  3. The A/C gives a very bad stink when switching from air recirculate mode to fresh air. The workshop guy claims to have changed the pollen filter but there has been no improvement. I have to drive using the air recirculate mode all the time which is a pain.
  4. The mileage ranges from 7KMPL to max 9KMPL in mumbai traffic which is pathetic.
My driving style is very easy and i dont drive aggressively at all. Infact these figures are after i used few hypermiling techniques , earlier it was in the range of 6-8 KMPL.

The car has done 3500KM and i dont think i will wait till 5000 for the first servicing. Any other vento owner facing similar issues?
Old 17th September 2011, 18:41   #2959
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
They claim Vento's power can be upped to 130bhp and the torque to 320Nm . The ECU has remotely operable three performance modes. Available in namma Bengaluru!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
RaceChip has one as well. Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox für sicheres Motor Tuning
With Pro model the power and torque can be upgraded to 136PS and 333Nm respectively.

Link for Polo CR 1.6 TDI product page
http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...CR-3600-r.html

Last edited by mxx : 17th September 2011 at 18:44.
Old 17th September 2011, 20:15   #2960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
If you had booked it prior to July 1, then what is the new price applicable to you now? Logically it should be the ex-showroom price when you booked+34k increment for the new features now. You should still not be paying the 25k increment that was made after July 1 as you had price protection from VW.
I suggest you negotiate and clarify this with your dealer and only pay the additional 34k for the increment of features and pick up the new one.
@Bala80, hats off to you to pick up this point.

The VW sales guys are calculating the difference in price backwards, i.e. OTR price. Spent close to an hour with the sales guys, to explain that was the wrong method, and tried explaining them to do the calculations starting from ex-showroom price + 34k increment. By some weird calculation methodology, they have come to a figure that's 10k more.

Finally have come up with the calculation sheet (snapshot attached below) - I am planning to make a trip again Monday morning.

Can anyone help me in understanding how is the Road Tax calculated for PCMC (Pune)? Considerable difference out here (close to 6.5k), I need to get to the correct figures.

P.s. The yellow cells are approx figures, rest all figures are from the showroom price-list. The second price increase is for the additional features.
P.s.s. Am I the only one on the forum who has booked the car before the price increase(s) but being handed the new Vento?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-calculations.jpg  

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th September 2011 at 20:19.
Old 17th September 2011, 20:30   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

P.s. The yellow cells are approx figures, rest all figures are from the showroom price-list. The second price increase is for the additional features.
P.s.s. Am I the only one on the forum who has booked the car before the price increase(s) but being handed the new Vento?
I booked the car around 2 weeks back. That time the first increase was done. Now it's gone up by 38K and I have no option except to go for new one or cancel the booking. Now that I have no choice I am convincing myself that the steering wheel controls are worth it, along with the USB option VW robbed a customer from Pioneer.

Last edited by prabhuferrari : 17th September 2011 at 20:35.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:02   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Ninjatalli - I'm atleast glad that the dealer understood and was ready to decrease the price. In the absence of any official clarification, I would have expected them to have pushed you to pay the new price at the delivery. Yes, the reduction needs to happen from the ex-showroom price which will subsequently impact the registration and insurance charges as well. If corporate discount is applicable to you, push for it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The VW sales guys are calculating the difference in price backwards, i.e. OTR price. Spent close to an hour with the sales guys, to explain that was the wrong method, and tried explaining them to do the calculations starting from ex-showroom price + 34k increment. By some weird calculation methodology, they have come to a figure that's 10k more.
Looks like the RNS 310 doesnt have any pre-out connectors. Very bad, especially when the OEM system of the new verna provides these by default. Pre outs makes adding amplifiers/sub-woofers so much more easy, at the same time retaining the steering controls as well!

If anything, people will be more reluctant now to change the HU fearing the loss of steering controls and reverse parking guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I booked the car around 2 weeks back. That time the first increase was done. Now it's gone up by 38K and I have no option except to go for new one or cancel the booking. Now that I have no choice I am convincing myself that the steering wheel controls are worth it, along with the USB option VW robbed a customer from Pioneer.

Last edited by bala80 : 17th September 2011 at 21:03.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:12   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Ninjatalli - I'm atleast glad that the dealer understood and was ready to decrease the price. In the absence of any official clarification, I would have expected them to have pushed you to pay the new price at the delivery. Yes, the reduction needs to happen from the ex-showroom price which will subsequently impact the registration and insurance charges as well. If corporate discount is applicable to you, push for it as well.

Looks like the RNS 310 doesnt have any pre-out connectors. Very bad, especially when the OEM system of the new verna provides these by default. Pre outs makes adding amplifiers/sub-woofers so much more easy, at the same time retaining the steering controls as well!

If anything, people will be more reluctant now to change the HU fearing the loss of steering controls and reverse parking guide.
I think Vento is getting RCD 310. At least that's what the dealer told me. Am not too sure about the pre outs.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:24   #2964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know how you feel. I have been accompanying my friend who got the delivery of a Punto last week, and every time I enter the Tata/Fiat showroom, I get this huge urge to have a shot at the Linea T-jet considering the huge discounts they are giving! Plus the VW dealer people are trying hard enough to push me over the cliff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I am getting the corporate discount.
But boss, am again and again amazed by the way you seem to guess the faults the dealer would be committing. Anything else I should look out for during the delivery?

Quote:
I think Vento is getting RCD 310. At least that's what the dealer told me. Am not too sure about the pre outs.
It is the RCD 310. Saw the original mail from the VW management - it clearly mentioned it.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th September 2011 at 21:26.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:27   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalcasanova View Post
My Vento HL Petrol MT is about 5 months old and i have noticed 4 major problem areas:-
  1. Thanks to the craters on mumbai roads, my car has suddenly developed lot of body roll and i can feel even the smallest of jerks and shocks. Worried that the suspension may have given out already.
  2. The Alloy wheels seem to be made of butter as ever curb, small stone seems to cut through it easily. There are numerous deep cuts on the alloys which is unbelievable.
  3. The A/C gives a very bad stink when switching from air recirculate mode to fresh air. The workshop guy claims to have changed the pollen filter but there has been no improvement. I have to drive using the air recirculate mode all the time which is a pain.
  4. The mileage ranges from 7KMPL to max 9KMPL in mumbai traffic which is pathetic.
My driving style is very easy and i dont drive aggressively at all. Infact these figures are after i used few hypermiling techniques , earlier it was in the range of 6-8 KMPL.

The car has done 3500KM and i dont think i will wait till 5000 for the first servicing. Any other vento owner facing similar issues?
Below are my thoughts.
1. Suspension wouldn't give out so early and even if they give out, they are not covered under standard warranty and extended warranty. Which brand of tyres are on your car apollo or JK's?
2. Cant say anything about it till you post some pictures of the same.
3. Is your car gets washed every day and does it remain wet even after the wash? Try to get it checked again by the workshop guy or try another workshop. With re-circulation the ACC wont work in Auto mode which is not good as you have paid for it in Highline trim.
4. The milage certainly wont be good in Mumbai traffic, not over 9 kmpl if its petrol, so car is not at fault its just because of traffic. Diesel Vento certainly can give more than 12 kmpl in Mumbai traffic.

The cars first servicing is at 15000 kms / 1 yr. So yours is long way still. I had read somewhere in the Vento manual in places where traffic is too much and the traffic is stop-go type, than the car should be serviced at 7500 km/1 yr.
So I would suggest you to get your cars first servicing done at 7500 kms. Have you checked yout cars engine oil. VW's Vento drinks 0.5 lt every 1500 kms.
And at which VW workshop in Mumbai do you get your serviced?

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 17th September 2011 at 21:30.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:34   #2966
Senior - BHPian

My apologies. It is RCD 310, I mentioned it incorrectly. Looks like this is missing the pre-outs too. Very disappointed!

Quote:
Very simple. I have gone through this nonsense my own self. I was forced by the dealer to pay the first increment in price inspite of an official clarification from VW about the price protection. All VW dealers are of the same breed, so what else do you expect from them?

Oh - Get the auto door lock enabled by the delivery time itself. Will spare an visit to the service station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I am getting the corporate discount.
But boss, am again and again amazed by the way you seem to guess the faults the dealer would be committing. Anything else I should look out for during the delivery?
Old 17th September 2011, 23:24   #2967

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Below are my thoughts.
1. Suspension wouldn't give out so early and even if they give out, they are not covered under standard warranty and extended warranty. Which brand of tyres are on your car apollo or JK's?
- Apollo
Quote:
2. Cant say anything about it till you post some pictures of the same
- Will try and upload some tomorrow
Quote:
3. Is your car gets washed every day and does it remain wet even after the wash? Try to get it checked again by the workshop guy or try another workshop. With re-circulation the ACC wont work in Auto mode which is not good as you have paid for it in Highline trim.
- Doesnt get washed everyday but it is parked out in the open and the monsoon doesnt look like ending this year
Quote:
4. The milage certainly wont be good in Mumbai traffic, not over 9 kmpl if its petrol, so car is not at fault its just because of traffic. Diesel Vento certainly can give more than 12 kmpl in Mumbai traffic.
- Drove like a Hypermiling nut today on a drive to Marine Drive - around 65Km's and it gave around 12Kmpl. Traffic today was sparse.
Quote:
The cars first servicing is at 15000 kms / 1 yr. So yours is long way still. I had read somewhere in the Vento manual in places where traffic is too much and the traffic is stop-go type, than the car should be serviced at 7500 km/1 yr.
So I would suggest you to get your cars first servicing done at 7500 kms.
- I was planning it around 5000 Kms
Quote:
Have you checked yout cars engine oil. VW's Vento drinks 0.5 lt every 1500 kms.
Oil level looks ok
Quote:
And at which VW workshop in Mumbai do you get your serviced?
Tornado Motors - Parsi Panchayat road, andheri.
Not sure of their capabilities.During my last visit, they were hard selling me some paint polishing job worth 5K with waxing an additional 3K if i remember correctly. I told them they must be out of their minds to even mention polishing my 3 month old car. I also got a small plastic part near the front fog light replaced which they quoted me 2.5K initially. They were maintaining that the entire lower body plastic on the front bumper has to be changed. After arguing with them for 5 minutes, they did the job for 200 Rs. That gave me an impression that they are out there to loot customers and are not a professional unit.
Old 18th September 2011, 10:11   #2968
BHPian

hello all,
I've been driving my new Vento for a while now (its been three weeks)...I am facing a lot of issues with visibility in this car. The rear view mirror is almost useless and since I am tall my visibility is blocked by the rear view mirror(from the seated position I can't see if a two wheeler is going to nick my left bumper), but these issues I can adjust as a bit of more time behind the wheel will get me upto speed. But what I cannot comprehend is the almost nill visibility from the left, what I mean to say is that the rear view mirrors on the left side just don't provide a good enough view and also I just cannot see my left unless some guy comes in front. This car is good according to European standards but in Indian road conditions its just not built for the job.
Old 18th September 2011, 11:36   #2969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
hello all,
.. since I am tall my visibility is blocked by the rear view mirror(from the seated position I can't see if a two wheeler is going to nick my left bumper),
If you are driving a highline , reduce the height of your seat and push it back slightly - this should sort it out

Quote:
But what I cannot comprehend is the almost nill visibility from the left,
Don't you use the shoulder mirrors to view whats to your left ? Your description is way too confusing but if I have understood it correctly then you should set your shoulder mirrors correctly to have clear visibility on the left.
Quote:
This car is good according to European standards but in Indian road conditions its just not built for the job.
Could you please elaborate further your sweeping statement?
Old 18th September 2011, 12:47   #2970
Senior - BHPian

Loyalcasanova - On the bad stink when moving to fresh air mode - Pls ask the service center to check for any dead rats/squirrels etc stuck somewhere in the engine bay. Happens regularly if the car is parked in the open.

Captainslow - no issues with the left visibility in the ORVM. Rear left field of view is pretty good. What car do you usually drive? May be that's the reason you are finding this a little inadequate.

Last edited by bala80 : 18th September 2011 at 12:50.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks