Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 16:05   #2881
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hearing about the bluetooth and reverse camera for the first time!

Can you throw some more light into this ricky_63 and when these are expected, price increase etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

As far as I know the HU will have a bluethooth option. There is the reverse sensors with graphic display on the HU.

Cheers
Old 12th September 2011, 16:19   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Hearing about the bluetooth and reverse camera for the first time!

Can you throw some more light into this ricky_63 and when these are expected, price increase etc?

I am only saying here what the dealer told me. Ex-Showroom 9.83L
Old 12th September 2011, 16:37   #2883
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ricky. Looks like it is not the same 2 DIN IPL music system as everyone expected, instead seems to be the one from passat as commented by another member below. Good choice, if its true.

Looks like the price increase of around 34k is more or less confirmed as is the loss of surveillance system.

@Volkman10 - Thanks for the information. Does this HU have DVD playback capability?

Quote:
I am only saying here what the dealer told me. Ex-Showroom 9.83L
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Dealer ( Pune) says the features would be audio controls on steering wheel, HU RCD310 (Passat ?) but the surveillance unit is removed.
Old 12th September 2011, 18:28   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to write about this incident regarding my purchase of 1L Castrol 5W-40 engine oil for my Vento TDi. I had purchased the engine back on 27 Aug 2011 when I got my cars auto lock activated.
The engine oil bottle cap had a black tape wrapped around it. At first I thought it might be due to prevent any spill. Took it any way. Didnt get time fill up the engine oil recently.
As was preparing for my trip for Malshej Ghats, so thought of refilling the engine oil in the morning. Took the engine oil to my car park, removed the black tape around it and opened up the red cap.
Much to my dismay there was no seal on the inside. I was like
How could a VW A.S.S provide me with a engine oil without a seal. Repacked the engine oil bottle as it was and kept it at home. As it was Saturday and I had to leave at 8 am and next day was Sunday, decided to call the SA on Monday.
Today called up the SA, she doesnt understands it and gives the call to another SA(He). He says that recently due to shortage of 1L pack of Castrol engine oil they were filling empty 1l can with the 4l can at their disposal.
I was really pissed off, how could they not tell me about this in the beginning, I wouldn't have bought it at first place. Asked the SA do they have 1l pack in stock with seal and he says yes.
Went to the workshop in the afternoon and asked for the SA. She was busy with lunch and was asked to wait. Without second thought went straight to parts manager and told him about it.
He than tells I cant help with it, you should have checked it in first place. Thats was enough to blow my head off. Told him to get the SA who told me about their shortage of 1L pack story. He told the parts manager the same story of they filling empty 1L pack from 4L pack.
I said I need a new 1L pack with the seal intact. They were thinking I actually got my car oil topped up at their place and took the additional oil back home, because of which seal was not there at first place.
I didn't get even 1ml oil filled up in my car as I didnt want the workshop guys to get their greasy hands on my car. To top it all the SA says the tampered pack has more oil than the sealed one by weighing it in his hands. I was adamant to get a sealed bottle only.
Another person than checks the engine oil present in the tampered bottle which comes out to 900ml only. The SA looked like a fool.
The parts manager issued a new sealed oil bottle and was unhappy about the incident.
In the end lesson learned always check everything up, top to bottom. And as a piece of advice always get the engine oil filled up in front of you as these guys may say we have filled up so many liters but how can you judge.
During first service when they change the engine oil will see to that I'm present while its done and correct amount of engine oil is put.
Really lost confidence in even genuine A.S.S. workshops.
Old 12th September 2011, 18:42   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Wanted to write about this incident regarding my purchase of 1L Castrol 5W-40 engine oil for my Vento TDi. I had purchased the engine back on 27 Aug 2011 when I got my cars auto lock activated.
The engine oil bottle cap had a black tape wrapped around it. At first I thought it might be due to prevent any spill. Took it any way. Didnt get time fill up the engine oil recently.
As was preparing for my trip for Malshej Ghats, so thought of refilling the engine oil in the morning. Took the engine oil to my car park, removed the black tape around it and opened up the red cap.
Much to my dismay there was no seal on the inside. I was like
How could a VW A.S.S provide me with a engine oil without a seal. Repacked the engine oil bottle as it was and kept it at home. As it was Saturday and I had to leave at 8 am and next day was Sunday, decided to call the SA on Monday.
Today called up the SA, she doesnt understands it and gives the call to another SA(He). He says that recently due to shortage of 1L pack of Castrol engine oil they were filling empty 1l can with the 4l can at their disposal.
I was really pissed off, how could they not tell me about this in the beginning, I wouldn't have bought it at first place. Asked the SA do they have 1l pack in stock with seal and he says yes.
Went to the workshop in the afternoon and asked for the SA. She was busy with lunch and was asked to wait. Without second thought went straight to parts manager and told him about it.
He than tells I cant help with it, you should have checked it in first place. Thats was enough to blow my head off. Told him to get the SA who told me about their shortage of 1L pack story. He told the parts manager the same story of they filling empty 1L pack from 4L pack.
I said I need a new 1L pack with the seal intact. They were thinking I actually got my car oil topped up at their place and took the additional oil back home, because of which seal was not there at first place.
I didn't get even 1ml oil filled up in my car as I didnt want the workshop guys to get their greasy hands on my car. To top it all the SA says the tampered pack has more oil than the sealed one by weighing it in his hands. I was adamant to get a sealed bottle only.
Another person than checks the engine oil present in the tampered bottle which comes out to 900ml only. The SA looked like a fool.
The parts manager issued a new sealed oil bottle and was unhappy about the incident.
In the end lesson learned always check everything up, top to bottom. And as a piece of advice always get the engine oil filled up in front of you as these guys may say we have filled up so many liters but how can you judge.
During first service when they change the engine oil will see to that I'm present while its done and correct amount of engine oil is put.
That's sad!
This has everything to do with our Indian attitude nothing else. First be careless, then when pointed be arrogant, then argue, and then not being apologetic. Doesn't stop here, they will do it once again. So what you said is imp, if you love your car, spend time with her while work is being done
Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 20:39   #2886
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ricky. Looks like it is not the same 2 DIN IPL music system as everyone expected, instead seems to be the one from passat as commented by another member below. Good choice, if its true.

Looks like the price increase of around 34k is more or less confirmed as is the loss of surveillance system.

@Volkman10 - Thanks for the information. Does this HU have DVD playback capability?
I thought the Passat have RCD 510 multimedia system. Are you sure if Vento is getting that? It will be fantastic if that is the case!
Old 12th September 2011, 21:53   #2887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I am not surprised , the Nerul folks many ways represent a bunch of asses , especially the service agents . Please befriend the shop floor guys , they are much more useful . Let those SA idiots handle just preparing the job card and the bill only . I anyways don't go to the VW workshop for engine oil , there are enough and more shops in Mumbai who do it properly and in front of you and without waiting
Old 12th September 2011, 22:09   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I thought the Passat have RCD 510 multimedia system. Are you sure if Vento is getting that? It will be fantastic if that is the case!

I think (not sure again) this one is off the Jetta
Old 12th September 2011, 22:47   #2889
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ souravc, drmohitg, nileshch

Removing the windows and then applying the film gives a neat finish. At times the cuts/gaps along the edges are visible if they don't remove them. I'm no expert in this. But a Verna which also got it's sunfilm installed had all the window glasses removed and installed.
Old 12th September 2011, 23:07   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Removing the windows and then applying the film gives a neat finish. At times the cuts/gaps along the edges are visible if they don't remove them. I'm no expert in this. But a Verna which also got it's sunfilm installed had all the window glasses removed and installed.
Kiku, my car got a neat finish without the disassembly. The installer, in case, worked deftly measuring and cutting the sun film to just a little more than the exposed area of the window. No 'un-filmed' edges were visible. Maybe, at the shop where you got your sun film installed, they are being extra careful, but I felt removing the windows is not really required, if you are skilled enough.
Old 12th September 2011, 23:26   #2891
Senior - BHPian

I think so too. Just realized the one in passat is the RCD 510 system.

But then, does RCD 310 has bluetooth capability? If I recollect even the new jetta doesnt have it, so I suspect if the vento will come with this feature.

Quote:
I think (not sure again) this one is off the Jetta
Old 13th September 2011, 10:15   #2892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Did you write to VW about this behaviour of their A.S.S? If not do write to them. we need to provide feedback to manufacturers' about their A.S.S who are not following the right code of conduct or procedures.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:24   #2893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But then, does RCD 310 has bluetooth capability? If I recollect even the new jetta doesnt have it, so I suspect if the vento will come with this feature.
Vento uplifted would have the RCD310 (Jetta). Indicative OTR in Pune is 10.95 L for the TDI-Highline. You could check with your respective dealers to confirm the same. Audio controls on steering is added too.

Link refers to the comparitive Blaupunkt Specs

http://www.my-gti.com/719/difference...nd-the-rns-510

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2011 at 11:42.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:35   #2894
BHPian

Looks like the speculation about steering audio controls on the Vento are finally being laid to rest. A new set of Vento HL cars have just been unloaded with the old Jetta TL's stereo, USB cable in the glovebox, partial steering controls and reverse sensors. The price has gone up as well.

The car ought to have bluetooth as well by the looks of things, but we need to confirm this after resetting the transport mode. Will put up some photographs in a bit.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 23:08   #2895
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry guys, some posts went corrupt in this thread and I had to perform a hard-delete on them. Page 194 of this thread was simply not loading this evening; problem was reported by some members.

The posts that were deleted were after coloneljasi's post above. If you had shared something valuable, please repost. Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 13th September 2011 at 23:09.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks