Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 16:09   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I am surprised at this callous attitude of VW. If this is the treatment a new customer is getting what would happen to post purchase issues I wonder. I see a dejavu here of what Skoda did. I would be really careful at buying a VW car however good they may be if this is the attitude towards customers.
Old 19th January 2011, 16:28   #1382
BHPian

Mods: Sorry for posting frequently here, but I think this info need to reach out to everybody

@Motorhead5 and everybody waiting for the delivery of VW Vento Highlines TDI. After a lot of difficulty and struggling the entire day I was able to get in touch with the VW sales team in their Bandra Kurla complex office, and I got a call from them. According to them there has been a production problem on the production line of Vento Highline Diesels, as a result of this the car delivery dates are delayed across the nation. The deliveries for Petrol and trendlines has been on track. I think they are also trying to correct the power windows problem etc reported by some of the owners.

The lady took the details of my booking , name phone number etc and told me that I would be getting a call from them again, and they would be giving me an approximate date of delivery. Lets see if this works.

Will keep you updated on this.

Last edited by evilshantanu : 19th January 2011 at 16:30.
Old 19th January 2011, 20:41   #1383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
According to them there has been a production problem on the production line of Vento Highline Diesels, as a result of this the car delivery dates are delayed across the nation.
= incompetence

They are a multinational car manufacturer, yes? One of the biggest?

So what, exactly is their problem with getting on and building cars?

It's a farce.
Old 19th January 2011, 21:52   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
= incompetence

It's a farce.
You took the words right out of my mouth. The irony is that in addition to inconveniencing their paying customers, they're really hurting themselves. The list of cars due for release in 2011 is staggering, and a lot of them are C segment sedans. I already know one person that cancelled his Vento and booked an Etios (not because it's a better car) but because VW kept jerking him around on the delivery dates.

A colleague at work cancelled his booking after being similarly jerked around because he decided he'd wait and see what the Fiesta / Fluence / Other entrants in the C-segment looked like.

VW has really shot themselves in the foot.

'Das Auto'? More like Farce Auto.
Old 19th January 2011, 22:19   #1385
vcx
BHPian

Renault Fluence I suppose would be in the range of Civic, Altis et al?

Heard Fiesta would have a variant in similar range of Vento.

Its good to wait for new release's in 2011 and then take a call, however Vento is well built car and surely will have edge than Fiesta etc.

VW need to pull up its socks, start to give a serious thought abt customers issues, connect.

VW are you listening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. The irony is that in addition to inconveniencing their paying customers, they're really hurting themselves. The list of cars due for release in 2011 is staggering, and a lot of them are C segment sedans. I already know one person that cancelled his Vento and booked an Etios (not because it's a better car) but because VW kept jerking him around on the delivery dates.

A colleague at work cancelled his booking after being similarly jerked around because he decided he'd wait and see what the Fiesta / Fluence / Other entrants in the C-segment looked like.

VW has really shot themselves in the foot.

'Das Auto'? More like Farce Auto.
Old 20th January 2011, 00:15   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If you are serious about the Magnum, you will find that a new one costs only as much as the Vento. However, is it prudent to cancel after waiting for 3 months?
I know. In fact it costs 30K less than Vento. But I don't think a new Magnum is worth it. I would rather go for a good used one so that I could sell it after 1 or max 2 years and change again. Looking for multiple options. Lets see what works first..

And on canceling after waiting for 3 months - Its not the waiting that I am concerned about, but the way they deal with customers. If this is the way they treat before sales, then I am really scared about post sales service. From what we hear, there will be issues with the car; one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Contacting the Sales Haed/GM directly would be your best bet IMO
Thanks. But that didn't help either. Sales exec resigned. Sales Manager is the most busy man on the planet now. Impossible to reach. GM - resigned. Elite seems to be the happening place. Except for customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
@Motorhead5 and everybody waiting for the delivery of VW Vento Highlines TDI. After a lot of difficulty and struggling the entire day I was able to get in touch with the VW sales team in their Bandra Kurla complex office, and I got a call from them. According to them there has been a production problem on the production line of Vento Highline Diesels, as a result of this the car delivery dates are delayed across the nation. The deliveries for Petrol and trendlines has been on track. I think they are also trying to correct the power windows problem etc reported by some of the owners.

The lady took the details of my booking , name phone number etc and told me that I would be getting a call from them again, and they would be giving me an approximate date of delivery. Lets see if this works.

Will keep you updated on this.
Looks like you are much more persistent than me. You at least managed to reach some one. Even I have been calling every other day, till last week. What I hear is "No idea", "No one is available today", and "Will call you back"!!

But I really don't know what to trust. They might just say the opposite if you call as a Petrol customer.
Old 20th January 2011, 10:03   #1387
Distinguished - BHPian

These sales executives make up many silly reasons to calm the customers. I had this experience too. The first time they said that the alloy wheel supplier couldnt meet the demand so that's slowing the production. The second thing was that the tyre manufacturer too faced the same situation.

Come on, VW being one of the best should have better plans and strategies. And now, the all new Fiesta is coming up. This can seriously bring down VW's sales. Ford had learned this the hard way. Since VW is pretty new here, customers will obviously have a doubt regarding the after sales service. They need to come up with many different strategies like customer survey and feedback at regular intervals, campaigns, car checkups at dealerships.

I regularly get calls from my Maruti dealer every month. Although, it disturbs my work I find it very useful. They are trying to get close to their customers and wants to know any feedback or any service that isnt satisfying. Maruti, being the biggest network in India, they do these to get the in sight view from the customers. This is why they maintain to be India's best seller.

So VW, it's high time you guys train your executives, manage better strategies, organize customer management programs and have some plans in mind. There are many customers who are really not satisfied with VW support. Please act now.

Hope TBHP would pass our concerns over to them. Let them know how frustrated many customers are.

Cheers.!
Old 20th January 2011, 11:58   #1388

Guys - I finally took delivery of my Vento AT. A very brief review after a week of hectic use: Very stable feeling and great dynamic stability (did a few 140kph runs). Internally compact (since I am used to a Scorpio) but very intuitive and ergonomic. City mileage with AC is 9-10 kpl. Highway mileage with passengers and AC running full time, is 13+. Brakes are good and they inspire confidence. Acceleration is good in Sport mode and muted in Drive mode but very comfortable nonetheless. More later.
Old 20th January 2011, 13:15   #1389
BHPian

Guys...finally got a call frm KSM Motors yest saying delvry date has come frm the company fr Feb 1st for my Vento TDI Highline (Silver)!! FYI - had booked it on Sept 21 and kep persistently following up twice a week. I'd also heard that Highline Diesels were being delayed due to production issues.

Also need help from u guys on doing a PDI before regn. Any tips on this and anything else before I take delivery? Thanks in advance guys

Shailesh
Old 20th January 2011, 13:16   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
These sales executives make up many silly reasons to calm the customers. I had this experience too. The first time they said that the alloy wheel supplier couldnt meet the demand so that's slowing the production. The second thing was that the tyre manufacturer too faced the same situation.

Come on, VW being one of the best should have better plans and strategies. And now, the all new Fiesta is coming up. This can seriously bring down VW's sales. Ford had learned this the hard way. Since VW is pretty new here, customers will obviously have a doubt regarding the after sales service. They need to come up with many different strategies like customer survey and feedback at regular intervals, campaigns, car checkups at dealerships.

I regularly get calls from my Maruti dealer every month. Although, it disturbs my work I find it very useful. They are trying to get close to their customers and wants to know any feedback or any service that isnt satisfying. Maruti, being the biggest network in India, they do these to get the in sight view from the customers. This is why they maintain to be India's best seller.

So VW, it's high time you guys train your executives, manage better strategies, organize customer management programs and have some plans in mind. There are many customers who are really not satisfied with VW support. Please act now.

Hope TBHP would pass our concerns over to them. Let them know how frustrated many customers are.
Cheers.!
Seems that there is no end to the pre sales pains to the customers at VW. After coming so close to actually booking the Vento I think it would be better to continue with my Scorpio of another couple of years, by when I think there would be many more options available or VW would have rational delivery timelines.
Old 20th January 2011, 13:24   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
= incompetence
It's a farce.
I totally agree with your points, I mean this is not the case just now, it has been the case since the time the Polo was launched.

IMO, I guess VW and Toyota are still not that serious about Indian markets, they are guessing the good car launches will enable them sustain the volumes, in future. But its the delivery that counts not the good products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I already know one person that cancelled his Vento and booked an Etios (not because it's a better car) but because VW kept jerking him around on the delivery dates.
Guess its the case of moving from frying pan to fire, going by posts on this forum the case of Etios is no better than status of Vento, ask him to be ready for 7 months waiting period.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:19   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo129 View Post
Guys - I finally took delivery of my Vento AT. A very brief review after a week of hectic use: Very stable feeling and great dynamic stability (did a few 140kph runs). Internally compact (since I am used to a Scorpio) but very intuitive and ergonomic. City mileage with AC is 9-10 kpl. Highway mileage with passengers and AC running full time, is 13+. Brakes are good and they inspire confidence. Acceleration is good in Sport mode and muted in Drive mode but very comfortable nonetheless. More later.
Congrats dude.! Another AT version to the team. Waiting for the pics and report.
Safe Driving.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Guys...finally got a call frm KSM Motors yest saying delvry date has come frm the company fr Feb 1st for my Vento TDI Highline (Silver)!! FYI - had booked it on Sept 21 and kep persistently following up twice a week. I'd also heard that Highline Diesels were being delayed due to production issues.

Also need help from u guys on doing a PDI before regn. Any tips on this and anything else before I take delivery? Thanks in advance guys

Shailesh
Congrats Shailesh.. Hope you will get it soon.
When taking the car,

1) Check the fluids, like engine oil, coolant etc.
2) Open the boot to see all spare parts are provided.
3) Start the car and check for any unusual noise.
4) See all electrical s are working.

I know most of the time, these checks are neglected since we will be excited in taking delivery of the car. I too didnt check these. But have a doubt that the coolant level was low when I took the car. So kindly do these, atleast the fluids if not others.

Keep us updated.

Cheers.!
Old 20th January 2011, 14:36   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo129 View Post
Congrats on the Vento AT. Please be easy on the car on first 2-3k km's (4-5k if it is on synthetic oil). 140 is quite some speed and a petrol car would have been over 4k rpm at that speed. That's bad for a new engine. Link to article below might be of some use. After run-in you can rev her to glory! Good luck buddy.

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Owning - How to Run-In your new car
Old 20th January 2011, 14:40   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Shailesh
This link will be very useful to you. So much on T-BHP. You just need to ask . Cheers!

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List
Old 20th January 2011, 14:49   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow another AT on the forum! But since you'e been waiting longer than me, virgo, no hard feelings LOL.

Please post a full ownership thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks