Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 21:55   #1441
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st January 2011 at 14:47.
Old 27th January 2011, 23:04   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@VCX- No colour is really "good". The basic shades white, black and silver are OK looking- can't go wrong with those. But red is truly horrendous- suits the Polo but not its elder sibling (IMO)! A nice wine red/maroon a la Fiat Linea would have been wonderful.
Shadow blue promises to be the best looking of the lot (if it is in fact the same shade that the Jetta comes in), also terra beige should be interesting because the gold shade on the Passat looks dreamy. A dark grey a la the Polo may also make its way eventually. So the best is yet to come!
You are right, None of the colours are outstanding. I like black in most cars. But strangely, didn't like that in Vento, esp the front view. Probably because of no contrast. On the other hand, I do not prefer white in most cars. But it looks fine in Vento, though not as good as Jetta.

Vento Red is not as good as Polo. They should have that grey in Vento. The one that they have in Polo. Btw, I opted for Red
Old 28th January 2011, 10:24   #1443
BHPian

Guys am going ahead with Tata Capital for my car loan @ 9.5%. They are also providing car insurance as:
INSURANCE=26900/- : Comprehensive Insurance Policy
OR
INSURANCE=30500/- : 0% Insurance Policy

Now I assume 0% policy is where the non-metal parts are also covered since I specifically asked him for all parts coverage policy.

Any thoughts on how good/bad this insurance quote is? Should I shop around some more? My car is Mumbai regn...wud greatly appreciate feedback frm owners who have taken non-dealer insurance.

Cheers
Svis
Old 28th January 2011, 10:42   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Guys am going ahead with Tata Capital for my car loan @ 9.5%. They are also providing car insurance as:
OR

Now I assume 0% policy is where the non-metal parts are also covered since I specifically asked him for all parts coverage policy.

Any thoughts on how good/bad this insurance quote is? Should I shop around some more? My car is Mumbai regn...wud greatly appreciate feedback frm owners who have taken non-dealer insurance.

Cheers
Svis
The insurance thing looks good!

why dont you go with SBI for the car loan, thats what I am doing.
Benefits:
1) rate of interest: 8.5%
2) part pre-payment facility available, you can keep the EMI low and then too wind off the loan pretty early
3) they recalculate the remaining amount to be paid at the end of every month, and not at the end of the year (unlike the private banks) and hence we save on some interest here as well
Old 28th January 2011, 12:15   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
OR

Cheers
Svis
If its for diesel variant or AT then its great
Old 28th January 2011, 12:22   #1446
BHPian

I test drove a Vento diesel highline - must admit that I was driving a diesel car for the first time (i.e. if I don't consider driving a M&M Commamader ages ago!). Query I had is as follows:

I could feel the engine through the clutch - to explain: on lightly pressing the clutch I could "feel" the sound which was in sync with the engine. Also drove another collegues new Vento Diesel Trendline and "felt" the same sound. Do all diesel vehicles have this or is it just the Vento Diesel?
Old 28th January 2011, 13:27   #1447
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Vibration being felt thorough the clutch pedal is quite common in diesel cars. You should get used to it soon enough.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:49   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
I test drove a Vento diesel highline - must admit that I was driving a diesel car for the first time (i.e. if I don't consider driving a M&M Commamader ages ago!). Query I had is as follows:

I could feel the engine through the clutch - to explain: on lightly pressing the clutch I could "feel" the sound which was in sync with the engine. Also drove another collegues new Vento Diesel Trendline and "felt" the same sound. Do all diesel vehicles have this or is it just the Vento Diesel?
Yes the vibration on Diesel engine's clutch is pretty common. But as reported on this forum a lot of times the clutch vibration is slightly on the higher side, but still its not a deal breaker!

The drive quality and the torque makes up for it!
Old 28th January 2011, 15:13   #1449
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st January 2011 at 16:53.
TopSpeeder is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2011, 12:44   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Yes the vibration on Diesel engine's clutch is pretty common. But as reported on this forum a lot of times the clutch vibration is slightly on the higher side, but still its not a deal breaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Vibration being felt thorough the clutch pedal is quite common in diesel cars. You should get used to it soon enough.
Thanks so much. My colleague heaved a sigh of relief when I forwarded him this post
Old 29th January 2011, 13:59   #1451
Senior - BHPian

very nice review GTO. i would have considered vento when i was researching for cars but when i inquired the dealer they didn't offered test drive and the waiting was more than a month. since i have to buy a car immediately i opted for ANHC.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:09   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
If its for diesel variant or AT then its great
Thanks Abhinav...yup mine is a TDI Highline
Old 30th January 2011, 13:16   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
OR

Cheers
Svis
Not sure if this is a good deal. My current car insurance is from United India and I got a quote from them for Vento HL TDI. Being a new car, they gave me good discounts and it came down to around 23.5K or so. After applying my 35% NCB, the final number is around 16.5K (Comprehensive - 12.5k + Third Party - 2.5k + taxes - 1.5). Obviously, not 0%, which is your second option.

So even if you do not have NCB, your Comprehensive quote is around 3.5 more than what United India has offered me. Btw, this is in Bangalore.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:22   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I have not TD'd the Vento, however after driving a Diesel (Scorpio) for almost 3 years and the feedback on the clutch is hardly noticable, so I fail to understand the reason for vibrations in the Vento which should be having a more refined engine (i think).
Old 31st January 2011, 14:52   #1455
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
red looks sporty on the Polo, not on the classic lines of the Vento.
Hope you see a Red Vento + Dark Tints + Dark grey wheels soon enough; you'll change your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
I could feel the engine through the clutch - to explain: on lightly pressing the clutch I could "feel" the sound which was in sync with the engine.
This is definitely more than in other cars, and is unusual. I have felt the same in the Polo, Vento, Yeti and my Benz. Equally, there is NO such vibration in the Figo, Manza, Altis D4-D etc.

A European thing? I don't know. But it is definitely most prominent in the VW & Skoda cars. Heck, my antique Mahindra Jeep doesn't have it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks