Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 15:51   #1546
BHPian

Guys - just got a call today saying my car has come to New Bombay stockyard (TDI Silver Highline - booked Sept 21). Seems it can come to the showroom for delivery only post registration. Now something which struck me as odd was that the dealer is insisting on doing the insurance himself and saying they dont entertain outside insurance. I'd already planned doing my loan and insurance from outside. Am planning to speak to the guy and fight him on this issue. Any thought on this?

Also planning to do a PDI at the stockyard tommorrow. Will keep yu guys posted. Also tried the interest on booking amount issue due to delay but to no avail. Seems you can argue in thery only when you are in a position of strength, maybe its a sin to love this car

Had a talk with the dealer again now and it stands clarified that the loan and insurance will be possible from outside. Hope to see her tommorrow for a PDI and will report back. Am also planning to put in the USB/AUX system and the Jetta leather seats, any thoughts on this?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th February 2011 at 22:06.
Old 17th February 2011, 16:48   #1547
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Guys - just got a call today saying my car has come to New Bombay stockyard (TDI Silver Highline - booked Sept 21). Seems it can come to the showroom for delivery only post registration. Now something which struck me as odd was that the dealer is insisting on doing the insurance himself and saying they dont entertain outside insurance. I'd already planned doing my loan and insurance from outside. Am planning to speak to the guy and fight him on this issue. Any thought on this?

Also planning to do a PDI at the stockyard tommorrow. Will keep yu guys posted. Also tried the interest on booking amount issue due to delay but to no avail. Seems you can argue in thery only when you are in a position of strength, maybe its a sin to love this car
Now I will only trust my eyes. No phone calls for phoney promises as they speak swahili while giving promise for delivery.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you & pray that you get your car as promised
Old 17th February 2011, 22:50   #1548
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure that Swahili is a perfectly fine language

On the other hand... lying, just to get you off their back, is despicable. This one experience adds a lot of tarnish to VW image here in India.
Old 17th February 2011, 23:10   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Now something which struck me as odd was that the dealer is insisting on doing the insurance himself and saying they dont entertain outside insurance. I'd already planned doing my loan and insurance from outside. Am planning to speak to the guy and fight him on this issue. Any thought on this?
Of course you can do loan and insurance on your own. I just did it less than a month ago for my new car. You will save on insurance because otherwise, the dealer gets his commission.
Old 18th February 2011, 07:50   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys - just got a call today saying my car has come to New Bombay stockyard (TDI Silver Highline - booked Sept 21). Seems it can come to the showroom for delivery only post registration. Now something which struck me as odd was that the dealer is insisting on doing the insurance himself and saying they dont entertain outside insurance(...)
Had a talk with the dealer again now and it stands clarified that the loan and insurance will be possible from outside. Hope to see her tommorrow for a PDI and will report back. Am also planning to put in the USB/AUX system and the Jetta leather seats, any thoughts on this?
Well, good thing he clarified that because otherwise I'd suspect he was trying to push a used vehicle on you (maybe one already registered and insured but rejected by another customer for some reason?) And everyone on this thread, PLEASE do your insurance from outside. I had not posted how much I saved by doing this myself because frankly I didn't believe it myself at some level , but yesterday I got the insurance certificate and it's true, I saved over 16,000/- over the dealer's quote. Funded most of my accessories, let me tell ya!
Anyone who needs the contact details of my insurance agent, PM me pls!
Old 18th February 2011, 13:09   #1551
BHPian

Update : Am doing the PDI tommorrow, have got the engine chassis number, so finally looks like light at the end of the tunnel! Submitting the docs and payment tommorrow post PDI, so hopefully expect the car to be here by mid next week. Will post pics post that.
Old 18th February 2011, 13:43   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Update : Am doing the PDI tommorrow, have got the engine chassis number, so finally looks like light at the end of the tunnel! Submitting the docs and payment tommorrow post PDI, so hopefully expect the car to be here by mid next week. Will post pics post that.
Congrats SVIS!!!
Finally the day is near, would keep a close watch for your ownership review
Old 18th February 2011, 17:48   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
There is no way that the dealer can get prohibit you from doing your own insurance from another source. If he persists with these BS claims, tell him you want it in writing and you're going to take it up with VW directly.
People like this reaaallly get my goat. I usually call them on their BS immediately.

Im pretty sure if you do the same thing you'll find he'll back down immediately.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:55   #1554
Team-BHP Support

The dealer promises you a bunch of accessories etc based on a percentage of money he gets to make by selling you insurance.

When you buy the insurance from outside, he does not get the money.

Can the dealer do anything about it? NO.

Its your call, it your money.

Tell the dealer if he keeps on insisting that not only will you report it back to VW but will also put in a word with the IRDA. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
Old 19th February 2011, 06:44   #1555
BHPian

SCOOP: Erratic Delivery Schedule for Vento Decoded

Code is there in the Television Commercial, wherein VW engineer runs after the owner "instructing" (not requesting) him to take good care of the Car.

So as soon as you book a Vento. VW engineer wants to make sure that you are the right person & you will treat the car with same passion with which it was built.

A back ground check is carried out on your driving skills, & past cars. This also explains as soon as you book an Vento, suddendly you see atleast Two Vento's on road every time you move out of your house. They are actually VW spies keeping an close eye on youe movements.

This process takes atleast 3-4 months & depending on their report you either get the car after this or they will give you more time to improve your score so that you can prove yourselves worthy to be an Vento owner.

Attitude of Dealers is also planted, they behave like this because its a plan. One the test you have to pass is to bear with unresponsive people at dealers, as there are other dealers which will line at your door just because you in market looking for a car. This just shows VW that you are ready to go that extra mile to get your self an Vento

This further filters the drop outs who do not want Vento so badly & they cancel their booking.

The purpose of all this process is that Vento reaches the hands of passionate person who will take care of her a VW wants

I hope we all should stop cribing now & try to pass the test asap
Urban Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2011, 09:12   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Nomad View Post
SCOOP: Erratic Delivery Schedule for Vento Decoded

Code is there in the Television Commercial, wherein VW engineer runs after the owner "instructing" (not requesting) him to take good care of the Car.

So as soon as you book a Vento. VW engineer wants to make sure that you are the right person & you will treat the car with same passion with which it was built.

A back ground check is carried out on your driving skills, & past cars. This also explains as soon as you book an Vento, suddendly you see atleast Two Vento's on road every time you move out of your house. They are actually VW spies keeping an close eye on youe movements.

This process takes atleast 3-4 months & depending on their report you either get the car after this or they will give you more time to improve your score so that you can prove yourselves worthy to be an Vento owner.

Attitude of Dealers is also planted, they behave like this because its a plan. One the test you have to pass is to bear with unresponsive people at dealers, as there are other dealers which will line at your door just because you in market looking for a car. This just shows VW that you are ready to go that extra mile to get your self an Vento

This further filters the drop outs who do not want Vento so badly & they cancel their booking.

The purpose of all this process is that Vento reaches the hands of passionate person who will take care of her a VW wants

I hope we all should stop cribing now & try to pass the test asap
OMG, Sarcasm at its best. You rock UN.
I must go and tell my colleagues to read this Scoop!!! BTW
Old 19th February 2011, 22:06   #1557
Distinguished - BHPian

Hats off to you, Urban Nomad: in your situation I would be seething. Congratulations on turning that into humour.

Oh, and, of course...
Old 19th February 2011, 23:37   #1558
BANNED

I am sorry for being such a big loyal fan of the VOLKSWAGEN,

Its a different story that its no longer the Folks Wagen, since no common folks can afford their cars.

Its no longer the cult manufacturer that i've known to exist.

That kind of fit and finish that i have seen in their first generation cars, are LOST

I am sorry Volkswagen, you are no longer the same brand that i thought you were, I am happy that my older VW's are still living.

But sorry folks, i never really liked the way VW's are made today.

We make a hue and cry over Desi Automobiles bad fit and finish, not untill you've closely scrutinised the new generation MADE IN INDIA VW's.

We make a big hue and cry about our desi Automobiles customer service, not untill you guys reveal the real story about the INDIAN VW dealership.

I went in for my very serious, and a maiden TD today. The decision was to be made by me for my cousins Zen Upgrade. I gave him all that gyan about VW's infact made him read GTO's review on T-BHP today for over 2 hours.

We made it to the showroom, myself, my bro, my Uncle and my cousin exactly at 4 pm, the sales person takes more than 1 hour to interact with us and arrange a TD. We made ourselves clear that we needed a petrol car and it has to be Automatic. The sales guy makes us sit in the car and after 1 meter says " Sir sorry, our Petrol Automatic is damaged and we can only give you a TD in this TDI version. My cousin smiles and agrees to continue with the TD. Firstly to my shock, i felt the car vibrate, it makes hell lot of noise. It is so damn bumpy, stiff suspension, centre spine is so predominantly stuck making it difficult for the 5th passenger to sit, adding to the woes the A/C console. We drove on hearing each autowallas.( the cabin is not insulated well, thats very funny) We were instructed to take a shortest TD, reason " Saaaaar, there are other customers waiting, you turn here itself" We go back to the empty dealership without any customer waiting.

Once we get down, surprisingly the Test Drive Petrol Vento Automatic stops behind us. Now, the sales guy has no answers, " Saaar, this car just came in, we will go" I loose interest and stay back, while my uncle, my cousin and bro checked out the Vento Petrol. NO HAPPY, this car does not demand a price over 7.50 lacs. ITS OVERPRICED, if Maruti's ever made a similar car, it will be sold at 8 lacs, If TATA's made a similar car, it will sell at 7 lacs. But certainly i will never allow my cousin to ever buy this car.

The TD car had beige interiors which was dirty, Even the Display cars kept were Dirty.

1) Huge panel gaps in all 3 display cars and TD cars seen
2) Paint finish is horrible
3) Plastics are hard and terrible
4) The A/C does not cool well
5) The engine makes a lot of noise ( Petrol and Diesel both)
6) Cabin not well insulated
7) Cheap materials used to complete the car
8) Terrible fit and finish
9) The condenser fan almost came to my hand when touching it.

I can go on and on, But certainly the Volkswagen India has lost it.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2715.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2720.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2723.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2722.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2721.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2717.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag_2716.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 08:00   #1559
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow PAVAN you've been quite brutal with VW at all levels! To be fair, the fit and finish of my Vento AT are fine, in fact I found it better than other cars in this class and certainly satisfactory for a 10 lac car. I do feel that the plastics could have been softer though. The dealership experience you have narrated is almost certainly what almost each of us here has experienced, which makes me agree with you that VW has lost the plot somewhat. I wonder why the company and its dealers- who surely access these pages?- don't wise up.
Old 20th February 2011, 09:34   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am sorry for being such a big loyal fan of the VOLKSWAGEN,

Its a different story that its no longer the Folks Wagen, since no common folks can afford their cars.

Its no longer the cult manufacturer that i've known to exist.

That kind of fit and finish that i have seen in their first generation cars, are LOST

I am sorry Volkswagen, you are no longer the same brand that i thought you were, I am happy that my older VW's are still living.

But sorry folks, i never really liked the way VW's are made today.

We make a hue and cry over Desi Automobiles bad fit and finish, not untill you've closely scrutinised the new generation MADE IN INDIA VW's.

We make a big hue and cry about our desi Automobiles customer service, not untill you guys reveal the real story about the INDIAN VW dealership.

I went in for my very serious, and a maiden TD today. The decision was to be made by me for my cousins Zen Upgrade. I gave him all that gyan about VW's infact made him read GTO's review on T-BHP today for over 2 hours.

We made it to the showroom, myself, my bro, my Uncle and my cousin exactly at 4 pm, the sales person takes more than 1 hour to interact with us and arrange a TD. We made ourselves clear that we needed a petrol car and it has to be Automatic. The sales guy makes us sit in the car and after 1 meter says " Sir sorry, our Petrol Automatic is damaged and we can only give you a TD in this TDI version. My cousin smiles and agrees to continue with the TD. Firstly to my shock, i felt the car vibrate, it makes hell lot of noise. It is so damn bumpy, stiff suspension, centre spine is so predominantly stuck making it difficult for the 5th passenger to sit, adding to the woes the A/C console. We drove on hearing each autowallas.( the cabin is not insulated well, thats very funny) We were instructed to take a shortest TD, reason " Saaaaar, there are other customers waiting, you turn here itself" We go back to the empty dealership without any customer waiting.

Once we get down, surprisingly the Test Drive Petrol Vento Automatic stops behind us. Now, the sales guy has no answers, " Saaar, this car just came in, we will go" I loose interest and stay back, while my uncle, my cousin and bro checked out the Vento Petrol. NO HAPPY, this car does not demand a price over 7.50 lacs. ITS OVERPRICED, if Maruti's ever made a similar car, it will be sold at 8 lacs, If TATA's made a similar car, it will sell at 7 lacs. But certainly i will never allow my cousin to ever buy this car.

The TD car had beige interiors which was dirty, Even the Display cars kept were Dirty.

1) Huge panel gaps in all 3 display cars and TD cars seen
2) Paint finish is horrible
3) Plastics are hard and terrible
4) The A/C does not cool well
5) The engine makes a lot of noise ( Petrol and Diesel both)
6) Cabin not well insulated
7) Cheap materials used to complete the car
8) Terrible fit and finish
9) The condenser fan almost came to my hand when touching it.

I can go on and on, But certainly the Volkswagen India has lost it.
Yeah that was brutal
The fact is, other cars in this segment have worst fit and finish.

But frankly I dont find an issue with the fit and finish at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks