Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:12   #1636

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Getting delivery of my car on Saturday, delay due to RTO being shut today! :( Decided against the Witson HU since I will mostly be chauffeur driven, so don't need the touchscreen, parking sensor, bluetooth integration etc. Just need a great audio USB/AUX HU and planning to fit high quality leather seat covers.

Need some references on trusted car accessory outfits in Mumbai. Can anyone help, I've dealt with either lousy quality guys or real expensive guys so far!
Hi Svis,
All the best for your delivery, by the way got my car on 23/02/11, exactly 5 months & 2 days of waiting.
I guess our cars were also shipped out nearly the same time from Pune, as was informed by my dealer also at the same time when you were notified about your car arriving at the Stockyard.
Have fitted Reverse sensors & Good Seat covers from Reliance autozone at Gurgaon, the Seat covers at the dealership were not very impressive, even the reverse sensor was the one with beeper only.
No freebies along with the car not even a box of chocolates or sweets.

Cheers & drive safe.
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:55   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Even I haven't seen them on a Vento yet. But I love them on Octy and Laura . Btw, I hate the way fix the lip spoiler. They just stick it. Will come off some day!!
May be you are right. I have never seen a Jetta with a spoiler. For Laura, its so common..

Thats really some thing, esp with the delivery delays. Once (Or if) they address it, Honda and others will find it tough..

My registration was supposed to happen today. Got delayed because of a silly CLC issue. Tomorrow is off for RTO. Delay is the norm for me now. Another bad news is severe shortage of tires. Yoko S drive is just not available anywhere in Blore
Congrats on the car, sad to hear that after your long wait for Vento TDI, now you have to wait for Yoko S drives

I shall talk to a pal of mine and let you know if i can find those tyres for you.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:20   #1638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post

My registration was supposed to happen today. Got delayed because of a silly CLC issue. Tomorrow is off for RTO. Delay is the norm for me now. Another bad news is severe shortage of tires. Yoko S drive is just not available anywhere in Blore
If im correct fellow member BHAGWAN has Yoko S-Drives for sale which have hardly run 200km. Check the classifieds. There are Polo rims for sale along with tyres but the rims have been sold already. Do check if the tyres are available.
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:01   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Congrats on the car, sad to hear that after your long wait for Vento TDI, now you have to wait for Yoko S drives

I shall talk to a pal of mine and let you know if i can find those tyres for you.
cool. will talk tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If im correct fellow member BHAGWAN has Yoko S-Drives for sale which have hardly run 200km. Check the classifieds. There are Polo rims for sale along with tyres but the rims have been sold already. Do check if the tyres are available.
will check that. thanks akshay!
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:36   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Vento actually deserves to match the City in numbers and more so with it's diesel. Honda just does not have a diesel engine that they can offer with the city and so will have to manage with the petrol. The city is a good car by itself, but for a petrol is priced about 1.25L too high for what it is.

So as VW ramps up production it should beat the city in numbers in the near future.
Once VW ramps up the production for Diesel, ANHC faces the danger of being miles behind. Honda needs to quickly come up with a ANHC Diesel if they want to give any competition in this category.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:53   #1641
BHPian

Not sure, but is there a good diesel engine in the Honda stable at all ?
I dont think that they have any good diesel cars anywhere in US or Europe. If that is the case, then even car makers like Suzuki have better foresight, after their deal with VW for the exchange of engine technologies
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:51   #1642
BHPian

Update on my delivery. Bank made the payment on Tuesday but yest was a bank holiday so DD requisition to VW went today, and car is expected to go for registration on Monday. So delivery nowhere before wed/thurs. Sheesh, my waiting period from booking to delivery will finally be about 5 months 17 days! This is killing me! Am I unlucky enough to have the highest waiting period till delivery on this forum?

Btw, still awaiting any help on trusted accessory guys in mumbai. Anything at all guys??
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:01   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on my delivery. Bank made the payment on Tuesday but yest was a bank holiday so DD requisition to VW went today, and car is expected to go for registration on Monday. So delivery nowhere before wed/thurs. Sheesh, my waiting period from booking to delivery will finally be about 5 months 17 days! This is killing me! Am I unlucky enough to have the highest waiting period till delivery on this forum?

Btw, still awaiting any help on trusted accessory guys in mumbai. Anything at all guys??
Well I guess you are beaten by me, I will complete 6 months of waiting this 6th of March BTW, I am taking delivery from KSM (Chembur), where are you taking your car from?
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:41   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Well I guess you are beaten by me, I will complete 6 months of waiting this 6th of March BTW, I am taking delivery from KSM (Chembur), where are you taking your car from?
Sourav - my dealer is also KSM Chembur. When's your delivery scheduled?
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:47   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Not sure, but is there a good diesel engine in the Honda stable at all ?
I dont think that they have any good diesel cars anywhere in US or Europe. If that is the case, then even car makers like Suzuki have better foresight, after their deal with VW for the exchange of engine technologies
They have diesel engines running on Accord, Civic and CRV in Europe (2.2 CTDi). I think they are trying to get a smaller diesel which they dont to power smaller cars.
They used to hate diesels and came onboard after CRD technology came in. Once there is a diesel here expect a very good one!

Last edited by srishiva : 3rd March 2011 at 14:49.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:32   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Excuse me if this has been mentioned before, but i tried searching through the thread but couldnt find the information i was looking for. Can vento owners throw some light on the standard warranty and any extended warranty available for the car?
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:18   #1647
Distinguished - BHPian

1 year standard warranty. No extended option offered.

Also, there are no free services. Even the first one at 1 year/15,000 km is paid!
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:23   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Noopster.

Im very disappointed with the standard warranty option in the first place, is there any possibility of VW offering extended warranty options in the near future? Anyone has any insight into this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
1 year standard warranty. No extended option offered.

Also, there are no free services. Even the first one at 1 year/15,000 km is paid!
Old 3rd March 2011, 22:09   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sourav - my dealer is also KSM Chembur. When's your delivery scheduled?
The dealer got the full payment on tuesday . They said that it would take 4-5 working days so given that Wednesday was a holiday here , I am looking at delivery on Wednesday - Thursday. KSM Chembur sucks big time !
I am taking no accessories from the dealer - no more money to them ! I know a tyre dealer who has done fancy stuff to his car. I am taking his help for seat covers , door mats , mud flaps , etc - most probably would be doing it at Sion Koliwada
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:04   #1650

Hey guys I was told warranty is two years unlimted kms. & yes no option of extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks