Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:03   #1486
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats Abhinav and I must agree on the suckiness of the VW reverse sensors. They beep wildly for no reason and sometimes don't warn you when there is an actual obstacle! To be honest I don't need e'm and only installed these so that it helps the wifey, but now am worried even more. Much better to go with the rear camera as after market accessory, IMHO.
On top of that they installed black ones on a silver car! Do you think getting them painted silver would make them beep constantly?
Old 4th February 2011, 11:53   #1487
BHPian

Saw the Vento Petrol Special Edition or thats what my friend told me. I never saw any mention about the special edition here or may be i missed it. He got the vehicle within a week's time .

AUX/USB included. Bluetooth enabled.(No controls on the steering though) Cute small spoiler at the tip of the boot. OTR : Rs. 8.5 lakhs and includes Door beading, Mud flaps, Reverse sensors, Sun Film(from VW : Rs.9000), floor mats. Still no fog lamps.

Last edited by sandeep_vgl : 4th February 2011 at 12:00.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:09   #1488
BHPian

Since when they have started giving USB ? But the waiting period is stil highit seems.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:24   #1489
BHPian

Its now approx. 4.5 months since my booking for a Silver TDI Highline on Sep 21. Even by Vento standards this seems high to me. Has anybody else in Mumbai had to wait this long?
Old 4th February 2011, 12:50   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Since when they have started giving USB ? But the waiting period is stil highit seems.
I haven't seen the interiors. I doubt whether its the built-in player with USB/AUX. It could be some CD/MP3 player with USB/AUX.
Old 4th February 2011, 13:10   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Saw the Vento Petrol Special Edition or thats what my friend told me. I never saw any mention about the special edition here or may be i missed it. He got the vehicle within a week's time .

AUX/USB included. Bluetooth enabled.(No controls on the steering though) Cute small spoiler at the tip of the boot. OTR : Rs. 8.5 lakhs and includes Door beading, Mud flaps, Reverse sensors, Sun Film(from VW : Rs.9000), floor mats. Still no fog lamps.
That must be a special customised by the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Its now approx. 4.5 months since my booking for a Silver TDI Highline on Sep 21. Even by Vento standards this seems high to me. Has anybody else in Mumbai had to wait this long?
That is a pretty long time. I suggest you take it up with someone senior at your dealership. In the third week of Jan BU Bhandari in Poona had Vento tdi highline available ex stock. You may want to talk to them and see if things work out for you.
Old 4th February 2011, 13:13   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Yup khoj is right. I guess the waiting period is atleast 5 months even for ppl who booked in Sept 2010

VW Palace cross is still delivering vehicles booked in first week of September 2010
Old 4th February 2011, 13:22   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Yup khoj is right. I guess the waiting period is atleast 5 months even for ppl who booked in Sept 2010

VW Palace cross is still delivering vehicles booked in first week of September 2010
The petrol models of Vento Highline are available ex-showroom. Diesel Highline models take about 2 months waiting according to information provided by our local dealer.
Old 4th February 2011, 13:23   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post

OTR of 8.5L - Sounds like an upgraded Trendline version - and it's actually a dealer customization. I was a similar thing at VW Downtown, Bangalore. The music system (Kenwood, w/ bluetooth, USB and AUX) is actually offered by VW as an accessory for upgrade; you can see it on VW's website too, in the 'choose configuration' page. I asked the SR if it can be done in the HL model also and he replied in the affirmative - replacing the stock HU with this one will cost you the difference (about 8K).
Old 4th February 2011, 13:36   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
The petrol models of Vento Highline are available ex-showroom. Diesel Highline models take about 2 months waiting according to information provided by our local dealer.
Too good to believe - hope it's true. I inquired last week at VW Downtown, Bangalore and was quoted a waiting period of 3 months for petrol HL and 6 months for diesel HL.

May be we are seeing the best and worst case scenarios here.
Old 4th February 2011, 23:45   #1496
BHPian

Last week they said I will get it in Feb itself. Now its back to square one. They just don't know when it would come. Its hopeless.
Old 5th February 2011, 00:00   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Last week they said I will get it in Feb itself. Now its back to square one. They just don't know when it would come. Its hopeless.
Totally agree it's like shootin in the dark, when did you books yours Motörhead?
Old 6th February 2011, 16:34   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree it's like shootin in the dark, when did you books yours Motörhead?
Oct 3rd week. Till last week it was just the Sales exec and the General Manager who had resigned. This week even the sales manager is gone. There is no one to talk about status!!

Looks like the only way for us (Those who booked from Elite, Bangalore) to get our cars is to take up one of these roles for 2-3 months .
Old 7th February 2011, 10:34   #1499
BHPian

I have also booked a Vento TDI highline on 20 Jan and waiting period of 5 months is mentioned in the booking slip.

The Sales rep informed that they will do the online registring that eveing and will give me the booking number next day. How ever had to wait for it for a week.

Was given 30267 as booking number. would like to know if it is similar numbers given as booking numbers. Also is this a serial running number for all models of VW or is it specific to one model Vento. If we know this then we can arrive at tentative delivery date based on sale.
Old 7th February 2011, 10:36   #1500
Distinguished - BHPian

I re-read this awesome review again to compare with my own ownership experience at 500 km. Just wanted to point out a couple of things I observed:

Quote:
Firstly, the doors don't auto-lock when you start driving.
Actually they do. You have to drive forward and hit a particular speed (7 kmph? not sure) and then they lock. There is an illuminated lock/unlock button on the driver side door that automatically toggles when this happens.

Quote:
Seatbelt warning buzzers are conspicuous by their absence.
That's what some other owners thought as well. I refused to believe this, and went and read the manual in detail (I know! ) and it said in clipped Teutonic tones that the seatbelt warning comes on only after the car hits 25 kmph. Don't ask me why, though!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks