Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 13:49   #1606
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
online it is showing 25.7K for diesel highline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Looks like your delivery will coincide with mine, as our booking dates are also the same. Reg the insurance, consider the zero dep policy, worth the extra 5-6k. Is yours a TDi Highline? Insurance seems a great deal. Mine was 30,210 with zero dep.
Guys, I have 35% NCB. The initial quote was around 24k. With NCB, it worked out to be 16550/-. Its not zero depreciation. Its just Comprehensive with cashless and insurance for passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I don’t know why all complain on ANHC’s ground clearance. Even Vento’s GC is 168 mm while Honda city’s GC is 160mm. Is there a really big difference? Criticizing a car over a mere 8 mm difference in GC is not fair thing. If one wishes to have a car with good GC then one should check out SX4 (180 mm GC)
Its not about the difference in 8 mms. I took Vento and City through the same roads and city scrapped many humps where Vento didn't. But yes, if you keep it dead slow in 1st gear then, City will also pass through. That was my experience. I also agree with imjimmy's comments on road noise filtering inside the cabin for city.
Old 27th February 2011, 16:37   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjal View Post
I cancelled my booking of the Shadow Blue Vento TDi HighLine after waiting for 5 months(...)
Gave in to tempation and booked the Tuscan Wine Linea T-Jet+. FIAT sales experience with multiple dealers and, at all times in the past 8 months of my car search + wait, has been far, far better than even the slightest interaction I've had with VW.
I was surprised when the anticipation of the first new car returned after completing booking formalities!
3-weeks for the reptilian beauty!
Congrats anjal and awaiting your ownership thread with anticipation. TJet is a highly rated car and I am getting a chance to dirve one tomorrow- will know how good first hand soon!

Another one bites the dust for VW: that makes it 3 bookings cancelled on

this thread alone in 3 days.
Old 27th February 2011, 21:32   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post
I am leaving now to take the delivery of my vehicle and your post has sort of disturbed me.Last thing I wanted to see.
@cuteavaya: I empathise with you.
I agree its the last thing on this earth you want to hear when you are at this juncture.
Believe your choice and stay by it. Forget everything else, everyone in this world will have their own opinion. Just enjoy your new ride and think about some new accessories you need to put up.
Old 27th February 2011, 23:12   #1609
BHPian

Question on mods

Need some suggestions on Vento mods
1. I am planning to put a spoiler and I am a bit confused between the lip spoiler that they provide and the sporty one that we generally see in Octy and Laura. Has any one seen the later kind of spoiler in a Vento. Which one do you think would be better?

Btw, mine is a red Vento

2. I am planning to replace stock tires with 205/55/R15 Yokohama S drive and we had some folks who had upgraded to the same already. Whats your experience with it?. Any impact on ride quality? Is the tire noise ok on highways at high speeds?
Old 28th February 2011, 10:18   #1610
BHPian

Re: Question on mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
1. I am planning to put a spoiler and I am a bit confused between the lip spoiler that they provide and the sporty one that we generally see in Octy and Laura. Has any one seen the later kind of spoiler in a Vento. Which one do you think would be better?

Btw, mine is a red Vento
I would vote for the lip spoiler that they generally provide.
Reason: Vento already has some classy understated look, so this spoiler would look good.

Not seen any vento with the Laura, Octy type of spoilers
Old 28th February 2011, 12:42   #1611
BHPian

Folks, finally good news. Just got a call from Dealers and my car will arrive in next 10 days. Apparently, it has been shipped from Factory and they expect it soon. So, a pretty nice surprise on Monday morning.

May be it's time to change my signature. But, i will wait for some more time.

PS : I had posted this Vento delay thread, but wanted to update this as well. Mods, if this not acceptable please delete this post.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:31   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Question on mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
None.

Spoilers spoil the looks of a car, especially one with clean lines typical of this kind of VW design.

Just my opinion: it is your right to make your car look the way you want it!
Old 28th February 2011, 17:14   #1613

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
TJet is a highly rated car and I am getting a chance to dirve one tomorrow- will know how good first hand soon!
If you can, ignore the interiors and focus on the drive first. Then, observe the interiors.
You will appreciate the car better as an overall package. I hope to do so too.

Back to VW:
1. They accepted my cancellation application where I had written about refunding booking amt. + interest (5 months) last Saturday.

2. They did not realise this while accepting.

3. After about 1/2-hr get a call regarding the goof-up. I explain my intention to fight for it.

4. Assures, he will get back in 1-hour. Does not.

5. Get a call today that they had given a delivery commitment of Mar 2011 only (blatant lie).

6. I counter, it was Jan or latest by Feb 2011 since my colour would only be launched in 2011 (blatant lie from me - there was never ANY commitment).
I also add that they have never communicated to me about any delivery dates. Why should I bear any loss if you can't even treat a customer properly.

7. No reply. Then..."can you please re-consider your cancellation. Shadow Blue has just started manufacture". Isn't that 2 months late? No reply.

8. After mild abuse from my side, says okay we will refund your booking. "With interest" I insist. Okay sir, but I will have to get back to you on that one.
I again insist, I will be writing to a few VW people up the hierarchy and let them know how you function.

2 phone calls when they want to fleece customers, but no communication to retain one.

I'm signing off from this thread now, theres too much negativity from my side. Will update if I do get the interest (highly unlikely) for others to fire away.

All the best to owners. Hope they have at least a good A.S.S. experience.
Old 28th February 2011, 20:28   #1614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjal View Post
If you can, ignore the interiors and focus on the drive first. Then, observe the interiors.
You will appreciate the car better as an overall package. I hope to do so too.

Back to VW:
1. They accepted my cancellation application where I had written about refunding booking amt. + interest (5 months) last Saturday.

2. They did not realise this while accepting.

3. After about 1/2-hr get a call regarding the goof-up. I explain my intention to fight for it.

4. Assures, he will get back in 1-hour. Does not.

5. Get a call today that they had given a delivery commitment of Mar 2011 only (blatant lie).

6. I counter, it was Jan or latest by Feb 2011 since my colour would only be launched in 2011 (blatant lie from me - there was never ANY commitment).
I also add that they have never communicated to me about any delivery dates. Why should I bear any loss if you can't even treat a customer properly.

7. No reply. Then..."can you please re-consider your cancellation. Shadow Blue has just started manufacture". Isn't that 2 months late? No reply.

8. After mild abuse from my side, says okay we will refund your booking. "With interest" I insist. Okay sir, but I will have to get back to you on that one.
I again insist, I will be writing to a few VW people up the hierarchy and let them know how you function.

2 phone calls when they want to fleece customers, but no communication to retain one.

I'm signing off from this thread now, theres too much negativity from my side. Will update if I do get the interest (highly unlikely) for others to fire away.

All the best to owners. Hope they have at least a good A.S.S. experience.
Its better first, if you get your booking amount first.

If not things will get into a different loop altogether.

First get rid of the negativity and Book another car, take delivery and be happy.

VW ain't THAT "VW" anymore.
Old 28th February 2011, 23:02   #1615
BHPian

Disappointed to see the line of discussions in this form over the past 25 posts or so. Let me remind everyone that we are all part of this 'VW Vento' forum for a particular reason, aren't we? And if that reason isn't love for the car, then something isn't clicking in my head.

@ Anjal - Apalled to see the treatment the dealer has given you. Sorry to see you go, enjoy your T-Jet.
Old 28th February 2011, 23:28   #1616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And if that reason isn't love for the car, then something isn't clicking in my head.
I disagree. test drive and review surely means tell it like it is, and the buying experience is very much a part of that. I know the experiences of others have certainly changed my daydreams --- and if it hadn't been for for wifely common sense about finance, I could have been one of those now reporting missed delivery dates
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjal
Please don't do that. It's important to know how your story, and those of other buyers, works out, for better or for worse. Please continue to keep us informed.

On the other hand, the mods might consider a separate thread called something like Trying to Buy a Vento or Polo and move these distressing stories there. One way or another, we need to know this stuff.

~
Old 28th February 2011, 23:32   #1617
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Disappointed to see the line of discussions in this form over the past 25 posts or so. Let me remind everyone that we are all part of this 'VW Vento' forum for a particular reason, aren't we? And if that reason isn't love for the car, then something isn't clicking in my head.

@ Anjal - Apalled to see the treatment the dealer has given you. Sorry to see you go, enjoy your T-Jet.
Hi Svis,

This is an open forum , not particularly related to ONE SINGLE BRAND.

Over the last 25 posts, i have tried to show the other side of the so called Global manufacturer who says Quality first are selling cars in India with a step-motherly treatment.

Its good to create awareness on this forum, since most of us make certain decisions to buy a particular car based on T-BHP reviews.

Love for cars are always there for us, but a loved Auto Manufacturer taking us for a ride...... Certainly a NO NO.
Old 1st March 2011, 08:42   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi Svis,

This is an open forum , not particularly related to ONE SINGLE BRAND.

Over the last 25 posts, i have tried to show the other side of the so called Global manufacturer who says Quality first are selling cars in India with a step-motherly treatment.

Its good to create awareness on this forum, since most of us make certain decisions to buy a particular car based on T-BHP reviews.

Love for cars are always there for us, but a loved Auto Manufacturer taking us for a ride...... Certainly a NO NO.
Both agree and disagree on this with you Pavan .

This particular thread should be for the Vento only, but yes without comparison with other brands it would be incomplete.

Any manufacturer who is taking us for a ride should be taken to task, and TBHP is o ne such forum (it remains unsaid how much Skoda experience has changed on account of TBHP views)
Old 1st March 2011, 11:38   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Both agree and disagree on this with you Pavan .

This particular thread should be for the Vento only, but yes without comparison with other brands it would be incomplete.

Any manufacturer who is taking us for a ride should be taken to task, and TBHP is o ne such forum (it remains unsaid how much Skoda experience has changed on account of TBHP views)
Agree that we should be aware of these stories. But comparisons with ANHC/T-Jet have been done to death and we're certainly aware of delivery / dealer issues. Can't see much value being added, other than than the panel gap pics (which are shocking to say the least, even if its present only in some cars) thats my point.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:40   #1620
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Its WAR time folks! As I'd predicted in my review, the Vento has taken the fight right to the ANHC. Feb sales : 3,500 for the VW versus 3,600 for the Honda. Say hello to the new C segment king....after a period of 10 years. As the production bottleneck eases up, the Vento will overtake the city. It's inevitable, thanks in no small part to the outstanding diesel engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks