Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 22:19   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

The VW logo in the front grill is sized down. Would love to see a super sized VW logo on this Vento.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:26   #1307
BHPian

Hello All ,

I got a mail today from VW that my car is delayed by 28 to 30 weeks from the day of booking. I had booked the car on 17th Nov. Now that means i will get the car only in June. Has others also got such mails . If thats the case then its time for me to cancel the booking and look for something else . Or this is only a defensive ploy by VW and we will get the car earlier.

babu
Old 6th January 2011, 16:33   #1308
BHPian

Babu,

We(Myself and my friend) have booked the car in Elite, Blr on 15 Nov 2010, Till now no info for both of us. How did you got this info?

Thanks
Old 6th January 2011, 16:43   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a mail today from VW that my car is delayed by 28 to 30 weeks from the day of booking. I had booked the car on 17th Nov. Now that means i will get the car only in June. Has others also got such mails . If thats the case then its time for me to cancel the booking and look for something else . Or this is only a defensive ploy by VW and we will get the car earlier.
I think you should call the dealer/salesman and ask him when is you expected delivery date(politely and cordially). If the salesman promised you a date and now jumps his words, call up the sales manager and complain. Most of the time the mention of sales manager will help you sort this out. Specially in VW from my personal experience. But be cordial with your sales guy and ask him for genuine dates. The latest mail may be for those who are booking from Jan. Best bet is to call the salesguy immediately.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:44   #1310
BHPian

Folks, I'm in the market with a budget of 10L. Narrowed down my search upon 3 cars:
1) ANHC VAT 2) VW Vento TDI 3) Fiat Linea TJet.
On Vento, the major things that pegs me back are a) lack of road presence (unlike the other 2) & b) ICE.
So, could you guys help me out, if you know any dealer/after-market option to have:-
- smoked headlamps (like the European Polo).
- Steering mounted controls (the steering looks like having the space for it)
- Already got ideas for changing the default ICE system, thanks to guys in the forum.
And importantly, does performing the above mods void the warranty?
Old 7th January 2011, 13:56   #1311
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Folks, I'm in the market with a budget of 10L. Narrowed down my search upon 3 cars:
1) ANHC VAT 2) VW Vento TDI 3) Fiat Linea TJet.
On Vento, the major things that pegs me back are a) lack of road presence (unlike the other 2) & b) ICE.
So, could you guys help me out, if you know any dealer/after-market option to have:-
- smoked headlamps (like the European Polo).
- Steering mounted controls (the steering looks like having the space for it)
- Already got ideas for changing the default ICE system, thanks to guys in the forum.
And importantly, does performing the above mods void the warranty?

As far I know VW dealers offer not more that a ICE from Kenwood that has BT, USB integrated.

Streeing mounted mmay not the option that even VW dealers would offers( considering the wiring etc involved), however my observation is that these could be married from Jetta.

Somked headlamps may make it ways as Polo does have sports kits ( not sure of somked lamps).

My take is that VW could surely refine Vento with these minor but vital points on an 10 L car which is eventual to happen.

Most mods if done as per manufacturers specs should not be a problem?( mainly on rubber, ICE, Headlamps- as long as these are solded and fixed by authorise dealer)

This is the case with all car mnufacturer's, but persoanlly never fiddle doing mods that void the warranty, which makes one repent ( in an unfortunate event of issues that cars starts showing up)

At the same time Vento will age well with its straight design, best in class fit/finish and build quality.

ANHC is great car to look at, space and drive , but interiors are step down. Personally I feel the build quality( metal boday) isn't strudy enough

TJET is great piece of engine and good shoes, all disc brakes, but it could be like Cedia on roads ( good car but not really there) also noted fit and finish isn't that great.

All said you spend more or less similar money all these 3 cars, but I feel Ventos is a good deal being 1.6 Diesel( Head +Heart).

If you want Petrol, safe bet- ANHC
If you want perfromance and looks-TJet
If you a well fininshed car with great diesel heart-Vento
Old 7th January 2011, 15:14   #1312
BHPian

Hi Guys...am new here, membership got approved just today although I've been reading posts on this forum for a few months.
Like a lot of us, have booked a Silver TDI Highline on Sept 21, yet to get delivery, dealer says Jan 3rd week lets see. My dealer is KSM Motors, Chembur, Mumbai. Has anyone booked after me and already got delivery?

Cheers
Old 7th January 2011, 16:21   #1313
Distinguished - BHPian

The Vento seats are a dirt magnet ! I haven't ever seen a fabric get this dirty even though it has not been used roughly.

Even tried to get an interior detailing job done but not much different. Getting Stanley leather fitted next week as that would be easier to maintain.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:40   #1314
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The Vento seats are a dirt magnet ! I haven't ever seen a fabric get this dirty even though it has not been used roughly.

Even tried to get an interior detailing job done but not much different. Getting Stanley leather fitted next week as that would be easier to maintain.

I have similar observation, which I feel is mainly from the way upholstery has self imbibed lines ( acts like a rough and smooth surface) in the center part which could be the reason to love drit. Otherwise this is best design/quality co. fitted seat upholstery( in the segment).

Stanley or any pure leather is the way to go if one doesn't mind the price , otherwise PU leather if done neatly should as well work wonders.
Old 7th January 2011, 17:18   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stanley or any pure leather is the way to go if one doesn't mind the price , otherwise PU leather if done neatly should as well work wonders.
PU leather can really look 'cheap' irrespective of how-so-ever good the work is. Also, I think that it looks best on smaller sized cars. The problems is that in beige colour, the 'nakli' factor gets noticed very easily

Go for Ovion/Karlsson/Marvin- cost around 25K. Else, leave it as it is.

General rule is:- The costlier the car, the 'cheaper' do 'nakli' stuff looks. for e.g. imagine a gaudy looking stereo in your car. It will look much more out of place compared to when placed in Alto.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:13   #1316
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
PU leather can really look 'cheap' irrespective of how-so-ever good the work is. Also, I think that it looks best on smaller sized cars. The problems is that in beige colour, the 'nakli' factor gets noticed very easily

Go for Ovion/Karlsson/Marvin- cost around 25K. Else, leave it as it is.

General rule is:- The costlier the car, the 'cheaper' do 'nakli' stuff looks. for e.g. imagine a gaudy looking stereo in your car. It will look much more out of place compared to when placed in Alto.

I agree Abhi, PU is only intermediate. Nothing comes close to the pure leather ush and feel!
Old 8th January 2011, 09:20   #1317
Distinguished - BHPian

Rightly said. The fabric is really bad, the very first day I removed the plastic, the seats got dirty. Even the floor carpets are beige (Dont know why they did that). But luckily, I had the floor padded with vinyl. So escaped that.

I was quoted 33k for the Mid range Stanley Leathers. Waiting for sometime before going in for that.
Old 8th January 2011, 15:25   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Rightly said. The fabric is really bad, the very first day I removed the plastic, the seats got dirty. Even the floor carpets are beige (Dont know why they did that). But luckily, I had the floor padded with vinyl. So escaped that.

I was quoted 33k for the Mid range Stanley Leathers. Waiting for sometime before going in for that.
Beige though looks good in pictures and under the plastic covers is a real pain to maintain and the fabric can't be cleaned after a point in time. The cheapest option is art leather which is much better to maintain and clean even in beige.
Old 9th January 2011, 23:30   #1319
BHPian

I am not at all a fan of the new beige mania with all the new cars these days!!!. Personally, I prefer black/grey interiors with probably a small beige touch. I saw a Vento with black art leather seats and it doesn't look that good because of the beige seat plastic at the bottom and carpet colour!!.

Especially, Vento's beige is too beige. Wish they had an option without it
Old 10th January 2011, 09:59   #1320
BHPian

Just saw a friends brand new vento after a outstation trip. The beige carpet matting was all dirty because of shoe marks and looks like it would be difficult to clean. I wonder why would any manufacturer give beige carpets knowing very well that India is a dusty country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks