Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 15:07   #556
BHPian

I had one query about the head unit. Does anyone know which brand is this? I would expect that VW would not too happy if we change the HU but might accommodate this if it is from same vendor.

I tried looking for this information in this thread but could not find it. Sorry if this has been discussed already.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:15   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Where are the speakers fitted? Doors?

Made in India and hence downgraded? I doubt so; Toyota for eg.

Saw couple (3-4) for delivery here at Trivandrum today.
JK - Are you sure that they start the deliveries? I had called up VW Cochin yesterday and they said deliveries will only start after 15th Sept. Also said I will be getting mine this month itself, since am in the first 30 list.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:11   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Back seats are comfortable though a bit upright. Would think twice before sitting at the back on a long highway trip. The hump at the center spolis the show and eats up valiuable space. In my view, the third passenger wouldnt be comfortable at all. In contrast, the backseat of an ANHC is much more comfortable in terms of the seat height and seating position including the seating angle.
How bad is the rear seating and leg room? If the front seats are adjusted for a 5'10" tall person, can the person of 5'10" height streach his legs completely in the rear seats (like in Tata Manza)?
Old 9th September 2010, 17:12   #559
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Do they have TD car available? Any idea about delivery time for Diesel Highline.
Nope. According to them it'll be another month roughly for test vehicle to arrive. Deliver - not sure, there is a friend who is expecting delivery of his vehicle towards the end of this month (diesel HL).
Old 9th September 2010, 17:57   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
How bad is the rear seating and leg room? If the front seats are adjusted for a 5'10" tall person, can the person of 5'10" height streach his legs completely in the rear seats (like in Tata Manza)?
Seating for 3 is difficult on back seat. The hump is quite big making the middle person uncomfortable.

However leg room in the rear is pretty good. I am 6'. After setting the front seat to my liking, I sat behind. There was good space there, 2-3 inch between my knee and the front seat.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:29   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The Vento is already at the 60% localisation level, the Polo more so. I do not think interior plastics are imported.

GTO, the dashboard is 100% imported - for sure (Polo & Vento). Localisation is for many other parts.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:18   #562
Senior - BHPian

Pics of vento trendline and Jetta sports kit priced at Rs. 1,11,000 including paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1020.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1021.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1027.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1025.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1024.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1026.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1022.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1015.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1016.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1017.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1018.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1019.jpg  

Old 9th September 2010, 20:32   #563
BHPian

I went to the showroom in chennai to check out vento. They didn't have a car on display and i had this strange conversation with the SE.

Me: Hi, dont you have the vento on display?

SE: Sorry sir, It is on its way!

Me: Why this delay? Other cities seem to have display cars.

SE: That is because we are special, sir!

Me:
Old 9th September 2010, 22:03   #564
BHPian

Went and had a look at Vento at Palace cross few days ago. The display was a black Diesel HL. Few not so good things that struck me were the cramped head room the hump in the middle making it difficult for the 5th passenger and slightly difficult ingress and exit compared to my Getz. I have booked the car long back(7th July) and the sales guy is keeping me tantalised by saying that the allotment is going on and he will get back to me in a day or two. No test drive because they need some RTO certification. Checked out the City and found the space being substantially more but Vento feels a better quality overall. City may be better if the buyer is going for Petrol option and I am hoping that the diesel would be very satisfying.

Last edited by msd63 : 9th September 2010 at 22:05.
Old 9th September 2010, 23:45   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget.fr View Post
- Didn't feel the solid build when I closed the doors (it's a thunk, no thud) and also when I closed the boot lid. Boot lid seemed very light and you have to push it down with some force to lock it in. Do the others in the segment feel heavy or they are similar?

- Music system: don't know why I felt the overall sound quality was a bit better than polo. Has it got to do with the placement of speakers (doors vs. behind)? For the first time I felt I can live with this. But need to check this again to be sure.
On build, the review and feedback so far in this forum sounds good to me including GTO's review. May be others who have seen the car could also comment on this.

Music system - Heard from dealer that its the same music system. So I wouldn't expect much of a difference. Once the car is out, we should discuss on how to make it better with upgrades

Planning to check the car this weekend. Hope its going to be a good experience!
Old 10th September 2010, 09:52   #566
Senior - BHPian

VW Delhi west delivered 3 vento highlines in white yesterday-two diesels, one petrol, all royally decorated like a "bidaai" vehicle. TDs have started. I drove that white trendline TDi clicked above (its the demo car which will be registered today) for a short route. Amazing car overall and till date, the best all round diesel sedan in the upper C segment.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:48   #567
BANNED

I notice many liking the Diesel variant more.

I plan to buy a Petrol model. How good is the engine? I mean is it a new design engine or a outdated one?
Old 10th September 2010, 15:33   #568
BANNED

Had been to the showroom to check out the Vento.

Vento is also displayed in the Auto Show going on in Palace Grounds, Bangalore. Spent almost an hour looking at every small details of the car.

Here are some pics of Black and White Vento.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0014.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0015.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0011.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0016.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0025.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0026.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0027.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0034.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0039.jpg
Old 10th September 2010, 15:51   #569
BHPian

Hi all,

I am in my hometown, Coimbatore for the long weekend. On a casual visit to the vw showroom here with my friend, I was shocked to find them having a petrol and diesel for test drive.

Took the diesel out for a spin and the whole experience was so good. The car would be a fantastic beast in highways and would cater to your routine city rides as well. Coming from maruti esteem, I felt the clutch was slightly heavy and would need some time to get used to.

These guys are starting their delivery next week!

Quite a surprise considering that metros like,Chennai and Bangalore are lagging behind.
Old 10th September 2010, 15:55   #570
BANNED

Hi Ventoman!

Hey please test drive the Petrol too and let us all know how it drives!

Test drives in Palace cross B'lore starts from 15th!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks