Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 01:18   #1231
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I think the Vento will come with Auto Transmission in 2011. There was an interview with Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg in AutocarIndia November 2010 Edition in which he stated that the Vento Diesel Auto is perfect and will come in future.

I don't think it will come with DSG but with the same 6-speed Auto as in the Petrol Vento Auto.

Last edited by Turbo_Charger : 11th December 2010 at 01:20.
Old 11th December 2010, 04:09   #1232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Is the vento coming out with an automatic transmission for its diesel any time sooner ?
I'm on the lookout for a automatic diesel saloon . The options I have are the Jetta, Laura , cruze and the verna. Not really happy with any of them .
there is no jetta autobox
Old 11th December 2010, 08:52   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I think the Laura with DSG is n amazing machine. No other AT Diesel comes close to it in that class in India
I already have a 1.9 lt pd laura and l absolutely hate the car, the service backup is horrible, keeps giving e niggling problems and the central locking system did not work and can u believe she gave me a quotation of 40 k for it.
The sunroof was also not working.
Will never again look at the brand, and on top of all this I am finding the vehicle hard to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
LOL join the club.

So they are many like me is it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post
I think the Vento will come with Auto Transmission in 2011. There was an interview with Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg in AutocarIndia November 2010 Edition in which he stated that the Vento Diesel Auto is perfect and will come in future.

I don't think it will come with DSG but with the same 6-speed Auto as in the Petrol Vento Auto.
Frankly speaking I dont mind if its a DSG or a normal box, just want a diesel automatic.Fed up of the traffic and the rising petrol bills of my automatic corolla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
there is no jetta autobox
Yup I was actually surprised at this , I think even the Passat comes with only a manual gearbox.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:51   #1234
BHPian

Question for people who have got delivery of their ventos from Pune:
Overall, how has the sales experience been at VW Pune? and on the same note, if anyone has had a chance to experience the service aspect, i'd appreciate any comments on that as well.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:54   #1235
BHPian

spoke to Volkswagen Palace cross yesterday, and the news is that the delivery time has gone up again to 5 months. No idea what these guys are upto.....

Never seen so mismanaged sales network
Old 13th December 2010, 11:15   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
spoke to Volkswagen Palace cross yesterday, and the news is that the delivery time has gone up again to 5 months. No idea what these guys are upto.....

Never seen so mismanaged sales network
Seems like VW Palace cross is upto some prank.My friend has just booked the highline diesel-white last week @Thane VW Global Gallarie.He has been promised delivery in March 1st half i.e. 3 months approx...... Does the waiting period have anything to do with the colour ???
Old 13th December 2010, 17:57   #1237
BHPian

A office colleague booked TDI Highline, Silver mid Sep and car was delivered on Saturday. I guess the colour would definitely play a role as the popular colours would be manufactured first (white, red, silver)
Old 13th December 2010, 18:11   #1238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Overall, how has the sales experience been at VW Pune?
What sales experience? Come to showroom, see car, beg for test drive, be told like a small child that a spin around the block is all you will get, bring cheque with you and have a bored looking exec take your booking and smile condescendingly at any suggestion that the delivery process be speeded up, be put on hold when you call the landline and told to call back later "because I'm busy" on your SR"s mobile, and when they do have time for you, they don't remember you, your preference or what they told you last time, preferring instead to just say "3-4 months"....THAT sales experience?
Old 13th December 2010, 18:59   #1239
BHPian

In chennai, waiting period has been increased to 9 months for Vento highline TDI models. They deliver max 50 cars per month, not more than that. -- checked with dealer in person.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:18   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

That is ridiculous. The only reason to wait nine months for a car is because you want the next model!
Old 13th December 2010, 20:24   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Thad, think of poor me- booked an AT Petrol, which is probably the least-in-demand model in our FE-crazy country...and *still* being told 4 months. There is something seriously wrong with VW's supply chain. I don't know how I will feel after the new year- maybe I just cancel my booking and walk away. Their loss.
Old 13th December 2010, 21:01   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Thad, think of poor me- booked an AT Petrol, which is probably the least-in-demand model in our FE-crazy country...and *still* being told 4 months. There is something seriously wrong with VW's supply chain. I don't know how I will feel after the new year- maybe I just cancel my booking and walk away. Their loss.
You seem really very frustrated by your showroom experience. If I were you, I'd give the City V AT some serious thought. Better equipped, more spacious and better to drive. And probably better customer care, resale and fuel efficiency. Looks as good too, IMO.
Old 13th December 2010, 21:11   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Thanks one-77. I did try the ANHC AT and alked away unimpressed. There's something about the interiors that just turns me off. And paddle shifts were fun to play with but then lost their novelty. I absolutely have to hand it to the Linkway Honda folks though- they did a fine job of the sales experience. Something our friends can learn a thing or two about.
Old 13th December 2010, 22:38   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Does the waiting period have anything to do with the colour ???
It has to do with the color. They were saying that White and Silver are in demand and will take more time compared to Red and Black. Then HL will take much more time than TL. And Diesel will take relatively more time than Petrol. So if you want a Red/Black TL car, I'd assume that the wait period is less..

So we have to decide color and model based on wait period; not what we want. VW, what are you guys upto here??.
Old 13th December 2010, 23:16   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just read some where else that the Etios has a waiting list of more than 6-7 months. This makes the 4 month wait for Vento seem almost nothing. Atleast you can test the car and make a decision, but our Toyota crazed junta is ready to wait a really a bland looking car with mediocre specs without even finding out for themselves how well it rides or drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks