Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 12:49   #4381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys any idea how much the 1st Service of the Vento TDI Highline costs at 15K KMs?
I have been quoted 10.5K and 12K by 2 dealerships. They aren't ready to even knock off 1K of it. The Oil seems like the most expensive component at 4.5k.

Do help guys.
Old 24th May 2012, 13:03   #4382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Guys any idea how much the 1st Service of the Vento TDI Highline costs at 15K KMs?
I have been quoted 10.5K and 12K by 2 dealerships. They aren't ready to even knock off 1K of it. The Oil seems like the most expensive component at 4.5k.

Do help guys.
Its been about 8250 or so for most of us I think.
Old 24th May 2012, 13:20   #4383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post

Do help guys.
Refer to this post.
Plus you could refer to most of our ownership threads for more detailed info.
Old 24th May 2012, 14:59   #4384
BHPian

Folks,

I have scheduled my 2nd car service(30k) tomorrow.

I'm planning to raise hard clutch issue(Asking for hose replacement FOC), AC cooling not good (@ 38 degree c) and ECU firmware update.

Also planning to get the extended warranty this time.

Please let me know if anything else needs to be checked.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 24th May 2012 at 15:01.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:43   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Folks,

I'm planning to raise hard clutch issue(Asking for hose replacement FOC), AC cooling not good (@ 38 degree c) and ECU firmware update.

I did 30k service two weeks back in Pune and the costing was Rs.8750. I also had colling issue but that was rectified by air filter change which they also did at 15k. Didnt had any clutch issues and dont know what you mean by ECU firmware update?
Old 24th May 2012, 18:00   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

One more thing that you should get checked (and let me have the feedback too ) are the brakes . I have given my car for a pre-monsoon check and a few tinkering work as well as clutch issue, etc - the workshop told me that the brake pads are shot, my car has done 25,000 km ! I had specifically inquired about it given the amount of brake dust thats always there on the wheels and also noticed that brakes are making an audible ( not too loud though) metallic screeching noise - can't really take any chance with the brakes when driving a torquey car and with the monsoons round the corner .
I am surprised that the pads went off before 30,000 km , does it happen in other cars too ?
Old 24th May 2012, 18:33   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I am surprised that the pads went off before 30,000 km , does it happen in other cars too ?
I changed the brake pads at 20k . It's probably my driving but brake pad change at 30k seems to be good to me. Better to safe with high performance cars like Vento and price is not all that bad.
windsurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 18:37   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing that you should get checked (and let me have the feedback too ) are the brakes . I have given my car for a pre-monsoon check and a few tinkering work as well as clutch issue, etc - the workshop told me that the brake pads are shot, my car has done 25,000 km ! I had specifically inquired about it given the amount of brake dust thats always there on the wheels and also noticed that brakes are making an audible ( not too loud though) metallic screeching noise - can't really take any chance with the brakes when driving a torquey car and with the monsoons round the corner .
I'm also getting the sound and break dust. I spend extra time in cleaning the alloy wheel every time.

I'm also getting the sound when braking, but I assumed it's due to driving in rainy times. Now from you post it looks like it has different meaning.

A month back, I was looking if brake pads can be replaced with ceramic brake pads. But nothing concluded in my googling.

I will check brake pads also, Looks like my 2nd service will be costlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
I did 30k service two weeks back in Pune and the costing was Rs.8750. I also had colling issue but that was rectified by air filter change which they also did at 15k. Didnt had any clutch issues and dont know what you mean by ECU firmware update?
It's engine control unit firmware, not sure if VW released new one recently.
Old 24th May 2012, 19:12   #4389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had specifically inquired about it given the amount of brake dust thats always there on the wheels and also noticed that brakes are making an audible ( not too loud though) metallic screeching noise - can't really take any chance with the brakes when driving a torquey car and with the monsoons round the corner .
Did you visually inspect your used brake pads. If the braking material thickness is 10mm or more no need for replacement. However 30K kms seems to be an adequate life for a set of brake pads.

The brake dust on the alloys is due to one of the pads exerting more pressure than the other & getting worn out faster. When I recently replaced the brake pads on my Indica, I observed that there was hardly any brake material left on the right side brake pads, whereas the left ones were almost new. I could then make out why my right side alloy wheel used to turn black so quickly after washing. Most of the times only right side brakes were doing the duty & the left ones were too lazy to do the job. I also changed the brake oil, did the air bleeding at all the wheels. Now all the brakes exert equal amount of pressure & I no longer see the brake dust on the right side wheel.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 19:33   #4390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
price is not all that bad.
I have been quoted 3k-3.5k , is that what you paid ?

Quote:
A month back, I was looking if brake pads can be replaced with ceramic brake pads. But nothing concluded in my googling.

I will check brake pads also, Looks like my 2nd service will be costlier.
I think the VW brake pads are quite good as far as braking goes and given the feedback from BHP-ians it seems that 25,000 km life is quite the norm. Edit - As shantanu mentions beware of voided warranty before trying out ceramic pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Did you visually inspect your used brake pads. If the braking material thickness is 10mm or more no need for replacement. However 30K kms seems to be an adequate life for a set of brake pads.

The brake dust on the alloys is due to one of the pads exerting more pressure than the other & getting worn out faster. When I recently replaced the brake pads on my Indica, I observed that there was hardly any brake material left on the right side brake pads, whereas the left ones were almost new. I could then make out why my right side alloy wheel used to turn black so quickly after washing. Most of the times only right side brakes were doing the duty & the left ones were too lazy to do the job. I also changed the brake oil, did the air bleeding at all the wheels. Now all the brakes exert equal amount of pressure & I no longer see the brake dust on the right side wheel.
Thanks for the feedback . I did not visually inspect the brake pad but the tell tale sound of metal screeching over metal was a giveaway that the pads were worn out . I drove slowly in our parking and applied mild brake and the screech confirmed that the pads need to be replaced.
In my Vento both the front wheels (which use disc brakes) were covered with brake dust , I think its fairly common with the cars as has been mentioned by BHP-ians

Last edited by souravc : 24th May 2012 at 19:44.
Old 24th May 2012, 19:42   #4391
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I think the warranty is for 2 years.... just check that, you need to get the extended warranty next year I think I checked with them
Old 25th May 2012, 09:06   #4392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I think the warranty is for 2 years.... just check that, you need to get the extended warranty next year I think I checked with them
Thanks, Then I will go next time for extended warranty.

The service is scheduled at PalaceCross, Blr.

I asked for pickup and they said the driver will come by 09:00 Am. But he came at 07:45 Am today and I have handed over the car 08:30 Am. Let's see how the service goes, will update once I get the car.

Quote:
I think the VW brake pads are quite good as far as braking goes and given the feedback from BHP-ians it seems that 25,000 km life is quite the norm. Edit - As shantanu mentions beware of voided warranty before trying out ceramic pads
May be it's better. But several cars comes with front disc brakes but I'm not sure why VW/Skoda cars gets more brake dusts than other. I heard bosch brake pads are the one comes in VW, but I never verified it.
Old 25th May 2012, 16:34   #4393
BHPian

Would like to know if all Vento owners having this issue . There a very audialble sound of gas getting compressed or released from hydraulic suspension when I go over a sudden bump or in roads with lot of patch works.
Old 25th May 2012, 18:31   #4394
BHPian

Quote:
I have been quoted 3k-3.5k , is that what you paid ?
I paid 2154. I think this is not bad. I used to pay about 1600-1700 for Palio.
Old 25th May 2012, 18:51   #4395
BHPian

I took a TD for Vento Diesel today. To my surprise the onroad price is 11.99 Lakhs!
But now, Highline comes standard with Leather seat covers.

Till 31st May, VW is offering free insurance and 15k Corporate discount. The car is also available readily now.

I am confused between Verna and Vento.

Vento is slightly expensive but has some pros:
- leather upholstery
- Solid handling

Verna has below pros:
- rear camera
- Rear disc brakes
- auto folding rear view mirrors
- more powerful engine (atleast on paper)

Can someone let me know, which car will be easier to maintain:
- Fuel efficiency - Verna or Vento?
- Service costs - Verna or Vento?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks