Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 09:36   #6616
BHPian

Hey guys,

My vento has a steering issue, the steering is supposed to automatically come back to its normal position ( i.e wheels pointed straight) after a turn, this doesn't happen in my vehicle. I showed this to the SA he told me that it is normal and to prove his point took another car and demonstrated the same. I'm sure the car steering is supposed to return to normal position after a turn, what could the issue be?

OT: when I told SA that my innova doesn't behave like this and after a turn and the steering turns back automatically after a turn, he told "sir that's an innova and this is a vento". Blistering barnacles what kinda people service our cars!
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:32   #6617
Distinguished - BHPian

^^SA is an idiot. Get it checked by another ASS or a reliable third party mechanic. Your steering wheel should most certainly come back to rest position at the centre.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 11:02   #6618

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!.

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
1.2 TSI Vento is available in Volkswagen Palace cross, Bangalore for display. No test drive vehicle yet. The sales executive is quoting 1 month waiting period for the car.

1.6L Diesel highline after all discounts is around 11.53 L on road. Insurance is around 41K which I feel is bit on the higher side. They have reduced the ex showroom price to 9.99 L and are giving a cash discount of 45K on the ex showroom price for the benefit of buyers. I think this is the cheapest in Bangalore.
While the TSi Vento is available in 3weeks to 1 month, the Polo has a much longer waiting period of 4 months. Reason stated - Not enough supply from the factory ! Sounds a bit strange, to me atleast !

Recently, I had to replace an indicator bulb, that went kaput, on my car. I called up the service centre and took my car an hour later to get it fixed, pronto.

What I thought of as a loose contact on the wiring, turned out to be a bulb that need replacement. The job was done under an hour (had to push the SA to do it fast!), despite what seemed like a busy day for SA's at office.

My car is still in the 1st year. Just curious - are bulbs replaced FOC (under warranty) or are they charged like I was ? Didn't mind paying for the bulb, but just posting this question to be better prepared in future

A question I have is about the tyre pressure -

a. What PSI should I maintain for City and Highway driving ? Any links to past threads on this topic?
b. Sometimes, when driving I feel the pressure is low and stop to check, only to find everything okay (Maybe, thinking too much about it ?? )

Mileage -

Average FE in city is about 14-15kmpl. On highways, after couple of drives, I noticed that my car gives FE in the range of 20-22kmpl.

I can't be complaining, can I ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2013 at 18:41. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 27th October 2013, 17:35   #6619
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Friends,

I need to get the first service for my Vento done early next month (November). Any consolidated reviews on the three service centers in Bangalore would be of immense help. I plan to avoid Elite Motors aka VW Bangalore (I bought the car from them and that should explain the reason!).

How is the service center at VW Whitefield ? Last time I casually dropped in several months back, it looked a bit chaotic and congested (I have never visited the erstwhile VW Downtown service center - so I have not seen the worst!). Wondering if things have improved.

Any specific issues to keep in mind for 1st service ? My Vento is 2012 November refresh TDI HL model (newer design alloys) and it has been doing good (except for door squeaks that appear and vanish now and then) and the only maintenance I did on the car was engine oil topup around 8K Kms. The car has now run around 13K Kms.

Thanks for your time and inputs.

Last edited by pc73 : 27th October 2013 at 17:38.
Old 27th October 2013, 23:05   #6620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
Friends, I need to get the first service for my Vento done early next month (November). Any consolidated reviews on the three service centers in Bangalore would be of immense help. I plan to avoid Elite Motors aka VW Bangalore (I bought the car from them and that should explain the reason!). How is the service center at VW Whitefield ? Last time I casually dropped in several months back, it looked a bit chaotic and congested (I have never visited the erstwhile VW Downtown service center - so I have not seen the worst!). Wondering if things have improved. Any specific issues to keep in mind for 1st service ? My Vento is 2012 November refresh TDI HL model (newer design alloys) and it has been doing good (except for door squeaks that appear and vanish now and then) and the only maintenance I did on the car was engine oil topup around 8K Kms. The car has now run around 13K Kms. Thanks for your time and inputs.
VW palace cross is the best- they have a good workshop in hasserghatta and one in rajajinagar http://www.vwpalacecross.com/workshop.html You can book service online too, but will suggest to call for appointment
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 23:06   #6621
BHPian

@ pc73

Try the VW service center at Rajajinagar. Had my Vento serviced there and have been there couple of time there after for small issues and have found they quality of work to be very good each time. The center is spacious and clean and am very happy with the over all experience. The SAs there seem to know their stuff.

As long as your car is performing well, there isn't much needed to be done in the first service except for the usual engine oil change n filter/s replacement. They may re-flash the ecu with the latest software if it isn' t already so.

Avoid getting wheel alignment/balancing/rotation done at the center as you can have a better job done at a reputed tyre-wala for much lesser.

Regards
ASVA
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 09:42   #6622
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the Official Team-Bhp Review and various existing Vento threads!

It's here. The Diesel Highline.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20131027_115528.jpg

2 Questions:

1) Coming from a family of petrols and for someone who has bought his first diesel, any pointers that I should keep in mind? Specially while driving and taking care of the Vento?

2) I understand the gear knob has to be pressed to shift to R, but does it need to be pressed again to shift back to N? Is the shifting to R and back to N always this crude?

More questions will emerge as I continue learning this car.
9thsphinx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 09:58   #6623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Thanks to the Official Team-Bhp Review and various existing Vento threads! It's here. The Diesel Highline. 2 Questions: 1) Coming from a family of petrols and for someone who has bought his first diesel, any pointers that I should keep in mind? Specially while driving and taking care of the Vento? 2) I understand the gear knob has to be pressed to shift to R, but does it need to be pressed again to shift back to N? Is the shifting to R and back to N always this crude? More questions will emerge as I continue learning this car.
For 1. Take extra care at the petrol pumps! Make sure you fill diesel as you are not use to diesel. Also diesel have excellent low end torque which comes at 1500 rpm in the TDI. So light fitted driving would be recommended. The diesel also has a potential to crawl, sometimes to your surprise it might just move a bit more on zero acceleration, but don't worry just be aware initially later you will tame this beast

2. Press down is only for engaging. Disengaging is natural and requires no press down

Happy motoring

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th October 2013 at 10:13. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:00   #6624

pc73,

I was also advised to go to Rajajinagar for service, as they are probably the best in town. I went to the Whitefield (see my post above) since it was only a bulb replacement. For full service, I intend to go to Rajajinagar only, even though it's at the opposite end of town for me.

Do share your service experience after the event !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
Friends,

I need to get the first service for my Vento done early next month (November). Any consolidated reviews on the three service centers in Bangalore would be of immense help. I plan to avoid Elite Motors aka VW Bangalore (I bought the car from them and that should explain the reason!).

How is the service center at VW Whitefield ? Last time I casually dropped in several months back, it looked a bit chaotic and congested (I have never visited the erstwhile VW Downtown service center - so I have not seen the worst!). Wondering if things have improved.

Any specific issues to keep in mind for 1st service ? My Vento is 2012 November refresh TDI HL model (newer design alloys) and it has been doing good (except for door squeaks that appear and vanish now and then) and the only maintenance I did on the car was engine oil topup around 8K Kms. The car has now run around 13K Kms.

Thanks for your time and inputs.
girish4731 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 13:31   #6625
BHPian

@newtonMeter, @ASVA, @girish4731

Thanks for your inputs. Few days back, I made a booking at Palace Cross website, but never got a response. I called up today and got a slot booked at Rajajinagar center.

Looks like we still have only one 'reliable' service center in Bangalore (Palace Cross). Had hoped that things would improve on service front by 1st service, when I bought the car last year. I am happy that my car has performed well in the last one year (touch wood) and had no reason to visit the service center - but that is not a reason enough for VW to ignore the service aspect of the car. Enough has been said on this topic by forum members; I will stop cribbing and see how my 1st service goes.
Old 30th October 2013, 18:00   #6626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
From el lobo earlier

The important updates:

1. Service bulletin no. : 97Y2

Work: Related to steering, to prevent some damage that could happen. Highly recommended. The steering on my car has become a bit stiffer, but I'm actually liking it.

Charges : Free of cost.

2, Service bulletin no. : 72E3

Work: VW is replacing the front driver & co-driver seat frames, to newer ones which are stronger and coated to prevent rusting.

Could be done later but workshop needs at least one whole day, so car can be delivered next day only. Would get it done during next service.

Charges : Free of cost.

Dont have 1 lac :( but can go with buffers as long as they can fix the thud :( cant take the thud anymore. can live with the gap
Very useful info. On the same note, where can we get the list of service advisory bulletin details. The last time I highlighted my SA on the bulletin on the clutch hardness and he got it done free of charge and the clutch has been a bit easy since then.
Also, what are the differences between the ECU map versions available. My Vento sill has ACC running external air only and cannot run it for internal air and it doesn't do the self lock. Can some one publish the Dummies guide for Vento Service Bulletins.

Last edited by polopm : 30th October 2013 at 18:25. Reason: grammar corrections !
Old 31st October 2013, 10:38   #6627
Senior - BHPian

Can any existing Year 2013 New Vento owners confirm if the clutch hose+pipe issues have been sorted out by the manufacturer or do you need to get them replaced for smoother operation? I've been driving petrol cars all my life and am finding the Vento clutch harsh/raw. But then again, I am not sure if that's how it is supposed to be or otherwise.

If I try to describe it in words, the clutch is not really hard per se, but is more heavy compared to petrol cars, and there is some sort of a grinding feeling when the clutch is depressed. No unduly noises though. Is this normal for all Ventos?

I had been driving an i20 petrol as of late and the clutch in the Vento seems to be quite the opposite.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 31st October 2013 at 10:40.
Old 31st October 2013, 11:11   #6628
BHPian

Hi, am currently looking at buying a new car, and the Vento TSI is the prime contender. I hear that they are offering a Piano black finish around the stereo/climate control area. I know this goes against the grain here, but would it be possible to have that changed to matt black of regular version? I utterly dislike the piano black appearance. Would the dealer itself be able to do the change if required, and also, would the changing procedure be likely to damage any other component?
Old 31st October 2013, 12:24   #6629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
If I try to describe it in words, the clutch is not really hard per se, but is more heavy compared to petrol cars, and there is some sort of a grinding feeling when the clutch is depressed. No unduly noises though. Is this normal for all Ventos?
Definitely heavier than petrol cars and the lighter Verna or Sunny diesels. Vibrations are felt on the left foot as soon as you start depressing the clutch and go away mostly when fully pressed. These are normal behavior (for a Vento) and you can get more similar examples by searching this very thread.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 15:29   #6630
BHPian

Distance to Empty in the MID was showing 0 kms but still I was able to drive for more than 10kms today. How much more can we drive when the MID shows 0 kms ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks