Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 14:11   #991
BHPian

Mileage

I have booked the vento Highline AT, but I am now getting increasingly worried about the likely mileage.

One of my neighbours has a Vento Highline Petrol (Manua) which is giving him a mileage of around 9-9.5 kmpl. I would suspect this would mean the AT would be in the 6-7 range!

Can someone confirm if what I am hearing is right? If so the ANHC seems like a no brainer even with the extra 75k expense
Old 27th October 2010, 15:01   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmohan83 View Post
I have booked the vento Highline AT, but I am now getting increasingly worried about the likely mileage.

One of my neighbours has a Vento Highline Petrol (Manua) which is giving him a mileage of around 9-9.5 kmpl. I would suspect this would mean the AT would be in the 6-7 range!

Can someone confirm if what I am hearing is right? If so the ANHC seems like a no brainer even with the extra 75k expense
I think you should read the ownership thread here: vento Petrol highline manual

This thread claims a mileage of 15kmpl on the highways, so I assume it wont be 9 kmpl for city. Still I guess a lot depends on the way you drive. But when I went for the test drive the dealer told me that his test drive Vento Petrol is giving a mileage of 11 kmpl, this is with different people trying out all sort of things with the engine
Old 27th October 2010, 16:38   #993
BHPian

Zigwheels reports a figure of 8.62 kpl for Vento Petrol in city. Highway is expected to be around 16 kpl. So with careful driving I will not expect anything more than 10 kpl in city. AT will definitely be lower around 9 kpl.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:13   #994
BHPian

You Definately will not go wrong with a VW specially if its a Diesel. Talking from experience.

Just dont know why the dealers stock up the cars to avoid long waiting months.
Old 27th October 2010, 20:04   #995
BHPian

excellent report.

I saw an audi badging in the engine bay in the oil-inlet picture. Could you clarify on that?
Old 27th October 2010, 22:22   #996
BHPian

Finally, booked a Vento TDI HL. Waiting period is around 3 months. For now, opted for black. But I can change it later if I want. Will have to decide between Black and Red soon.
Old 27th October 2010, 22:37   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Finally, booked a Vento TDI HL. Waiting period is around 3 months. For now, opted for black. But I can change it later if I want. Will have to decide between Black and Red soon.
which dealer did you book it with ? VW Palace cross told me 4 months for TDI HL
Old 27th October 2010, 22:45   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats is the on-road price of TDi HL in Bangalore?
Old 28th October 2010, 00:13   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
which dealer did you book it with ? VW Palace cross told me 4 months for TDI HL
Elite motors in Hosur road. It could be 3 or 4 months. They claim that production capacity is increasing and it will become better soon. Telling that makes at least THEM happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Whats is the on-road price of TDi HL in Bangalore?
OTR is 11.02L of which ~36K is insurance. As I am going for CLC, Insurance will be handled by the CLC vendor - In my case it will be mostly TATA AIG (? need to confirm). When I checked with my current insurer, they told me that they will try to give it for around 26K and I have around 35+% NCB on that. So my insurance should be around 16K (Will cross check soon and confirm). which means my OTR will be around 10.82 . Now Tata should try to match that.

Btw, any clue on how Tata Aig is?

@evils, how about your OTR?
Old 28th October 2010, 06:18   #1000
BHPian

Quote:

@evils, how about your OTR?
Mine is a personal car, the OTR is 11.02L, the actual as the dealer claims is 11.18L, I am getting 16K as corporate discount, which should be the same for you as well.
Old 28th October 2010, 06:54   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmohan83 View Post

One of my friend who went for test drive of Vento AT in bangalore, dropped the idea of buying after seeing the mileage of around 6 kmpl in the tripmeter of test drive car. Please try to collect more information from persons who owns Vento AT about the mileage in city.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:23   #1002
BHPian

Good News:
Took a lift to work from one of my friends who just got himself a Vento HL Petrol Manual Transmission. He has already done a couple of highways trips and his feedback about the FE is:

1) On the highway this has given him a mileage of 17kmpl, this is not from the MID but full tank - full tank mileage

2) City FE: 14 kmpl

The figures are with the AC working all the time

Well even if we consider some exaggeration / margin of error, I guess this is still one of the best in class.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:24   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Good News:
Took a lift to work from one of my friends who just got himself a Vento HL Petrol Manual Transmission. He has already done a couple of highways trips and his feedback about the FE is:

1) On the highway this has given him a mileage of 17kmpl, this is not from the MID but full tank - full tank mileage

2) City FE: 14 kmpl

The figures are with the AC working all the time

Well even if we consider some exaggeration / margin of error, I guess this is still one of the best in class.
Those are excellent figures. Not very far from the ANHC, I guess. I would be happy if the diesel could match these! Thanks for sharing.

We booked a Black Vento TDi highline in September, and were told that the delivery would be in late Jan/Early Feb

I've always loved the Jetta's and GTi's in the US, even though VW doesn't do as well and usually comes close to the bottom in consumer perception. We were on the lookout for a sub 10 lakh car from VW in India, and it finally came. But hearing the horrible pre-sales and after sales stories, I'm not sure whether to keep the booking intact..

Last edited by imjimmy : 28th October 2010 at 11:26.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:45   #1004
Senior - BHPian

VW must be aware of one thing according to me. Lot of people who are in Indian market are not always well informed of the market conditions.

For e.g. when people dint see that many Polos on the road, lots of my relative started assuming VW was going like Fiat Palio(less sales) and dreaded buying VW Polo as they might end up buying something which the market has not accepted. As they would not garner resale value. It takes me effort to make them understand things like production constraint etc.

Bottomline, though the cars are good, people would want to see numbers associated with the vehicle before they buy them, for resale value sake (one point where MSIL scores). Due to lack of information people seldom understand that there are not many Ventos on the road owing to production constriant. They will think Vento is not selling much.

Thats why it becomes so important for the company to make sure the demand is converted into supply else the market apprehension will take charge.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:51   #1005
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupin_s View Post
excellent report.

I saw an audi badging in the engine bay in the oil-inlet picture. Could you clarify on that?
VW, Skoda, Audi and Seat share a lot of components - especially on the engine bay, suspensions and electrical front, this is one of those share components. Even if Audi may not have this small an engine with it currently, its higher capacity engines would still share a lot of components with the lower capacity VW ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
One of my friend who went for test drive of Vento AT in bangalore, dropped the idea of buying after seeing the mileage of around 6 kmpl in the tripmeter of test drive car. Please try to collect more information from persons who owns Vento AT about the mileage in city.
Short test drive trips and instantaneous millage both do not give a clear picture of the exact millage that one can expect in the long run.

In case of the Laura - from the same overall group, the AT's give higher effeciency than the manuals due to DSG.

Do not get mislead by the info in the tripmeter on a test drive, it takes a longer trip to give an accurate long term figure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks