Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 13:24   #8386
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
My Vento TDI (2011) is due for 5th service in couple of weeks. The ODO is at ~72K. All four injectors were replaced in Sep 2015 as part of extended warranty days before it expired. I am planning to keep the car for next two years.

I would like have suggestions / recommendations from Vento TDI Owners on items that needs to be taken care during the 5th Service.

I have couple of items:
  1. Front left seat rattles. This has been there for quite some time, it is getting louder day by day.
  2. The clutch is little hard and and I feel there is bit of jerk when I start on a ramp. Not sure if this is symptom of clutch problem or it is in my mind. VW Whitefield recommended the clutch needs to be looked into during 60 K service, however VW Palace Cross, Rajajinagar SA said it is still good when I replaced the injectors in Sep 2015.
Should I request for MFMA to be done to check the health of injectors? or will the injectors last the distance.

Brake Discs and Pads were also replaced in Sep 2015, so I guess the disc should hold on for at least for another 15k.

Other than this I do not see any issues, niggles at this point.
I have gotten my 5th service done 5-6 months ago. Following are the task you should get checked
- Regular service (Remove all add on tasks like screen wash fluid)
- They have done AC disinfection, Radiator flush etc without my approval and charged 4-5K for that. I got it removed from bill. Seems like its common practise so tell them in advance not to perform any such task.
- No need to get injectors checked. They will last long. If MFMA is free than yea there is no harm but if they are charging for it than leave it. I had my injectors changed in 18 months back just when extended warranty was about to expire and they are working fine. In fact i have not heard anyone complain about injectors once they are changed.
- Belt & water pump will be changed in next service so don't let SA push them now.
- Suspension? I am pretty sure they will put a list of suspension parts needs replacement. Get a second advise on that before approval.
- Disk and Break should be fine since you got them changed recently.
- Clutch jerk is a known issue with First generation TDI. People have gotten their clutch hose pipe changed under Warranty to improve smoothness of clutch.
- Clutch being hard is most likely due to wear of clutch and pressure plates. I am sure if you agree to get it changed it will cost somewhere around 20-25K. Get second advise on this as well.
karansm4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 18:02   #8387
BHPian

Update on my extended warranty issue:
VW Salem maintains that car allottment date would be taken for extended warranty purpose. I argued that the date of RTO temporary registration would be used for calculation, to which they asked me to consult VW Coimbatore from where I took delivery ( both owned by Ramani cars).

P.s: The lady said there's discrepancy of just 15 days. What's the problem for me in that? .Sigh.
Old 27th May 2016, 20:41   #8388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
I have gotten my 5th service done 5-6 months ago. Following are the task you should get checked
- Regular service (Remove all add on tasks like screen wash fluid)
- They have done AC disinfection, Radiator flush etc without my approval and charged 4-5K for that. I got it removed from bill. Seems like its common practise so tell them in advance not to perform any such task.
- No need to get injectors checked. They will last long. If MFMA is free than yea there is no harm but if they are charging for it than leave it. I had my injectors changed in 18 months back just when extended warranty was about to expire and they are working fine. In fact i have not heard anyone complain about injectors once they are changed.
- Belt & water pump will be changed in next service so don't let SA push them now.
- Suspension? I am pretty sure they will put a list of suspension parts needs replacement. Get a second advise on that before approval.
- Disk and Break should be fine since you got them changed recently.
- Clutch jerk is a known issue with First generation TDI. People have gotten their clutch hose pipe changed under Warranty to improve smoothness of clutch.
- Clutch being hard is most likely due to wear of clutch and pressure plates. I am sure if you agree to get it changed it will cost somewhere around 20-25K. Get second advise on this as well.
Thank you karansm4u for your experience and the recommendations for 5th service. I will be careful with the SA about the additional tasks.

I was a victim of screen wash fluid during 4th service and I still have the bottle with me.

Let me ask the SA view on the clutch and then decide. I was not aware of this clutch pipe being changed under warranty, else I would have given a try.

Radiator Flush - How does it help? Will it increase effectiveness? I have not heard this earlier. I will stay away from this.

Glad to hear that no more injector issues are reported. Let me check if MFMA is chargeable and decide.

Suspension - Thanks for the pointers.

Will update once I complete the service.
Old 30th May 2016, 12:43   #8389
BHPian

This just in from Indianautosblog. Vento GT with 125PS 1.4 TSi launched in Russia. Sadly I don' t think it will make it to the Indian market. Looks very very tasteful.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/05/v...-russia-233716
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-125psvwpologtsedanfrontquarterunveiledinrussia.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-125psvwpologtsedaninteriorunveiledinrussia.jpg  

sidparekh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 12:45   #8390
BHPian

On the contrary, I have a feeling that VW might launch it here. One good reason is the current unpopularity of diesel engines in the country and the growing popularity of petrol engines. Besides, with Fiat planning to launch Linea T-Jet that produces 125 ps, VW should launch it here.
Old 31st May 2016, 15:46   #8391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I had inquired for VW Vento TSI Highline at MG Road Gurgaon. They are giving a discount of 62,000 in total with an additional 17,800 for extended warranty. The on road is coming to 12.30L. Is there a possibility of getting more discount or what accessories should I bargain for.

Its a 2016 updated model.

Thanks.
Try for a better deal maybe from some other dealer. The discounts on vento are touching a lakh plus. I just booked one yesterday with more than a lakh discount, that too in the same state as yours.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 18:13   #8392
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento updates its website to include Celeste,

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-c.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-v1.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-v2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th June 2016 at 18:33.
Old 4th June 2016, 22:02   #8393
BHPian

Suddenly my mind changed to vento automatic after so many days researching on Ciaz Zdi+. Thanks to Maruti sales advisors attitude and so called news about huge discounts for vento. So today visited elite motors, Hosur Road and test driven TDI TSG Highline model. Liked the automatic and after lot of negotiation, final price quoted is 15 lacs without extended warranty. I've tried lot to include the blaupunkt 835 in that 15 lack quote, but their manager said NO...

I'm not sure whether this is correct quote, since fellow bhpians here mention around one lack. Anyone has details about discount in Bangalore?
Old 5th June 2016, 02:33   #8394
BHPian

http://m.ndtv.com/profit/volkswagen-to-recall-1-9-lakh-cars-in-india-starting-july-1415499

http://m.economictimes.com/news/international/business/volkswagen-receives-approval-for-fixes-on-more-than-800000-cars/articleshow/52573269.cms

Looks like Volkswagen is basically going to recall all the cars manufactured from 2008-2015. This is obviously going to put a further dent in the image and sales of the Volkswagen group. Now according to the report in the Economic times, the 2.0 engine (Pasaat etc) is going to receive a software update only. But the 1.6 engine is going to receive a software update. Obviously, Volkswagen claims that this update is not going to affect the fuel efficiently, performance and the noise of the engine but I somehow do not like the idea of Volkswagen messing around with my car's engine.

Even during a regular service, I wouldn't want them messing around with my car's engine. And knowing VW's service advisors and technicians, they'd still go ahead and do the hardware alterations only to come up with a sheepish smile with the tried and tested line, "But sir, this is for free sir, you don't have to pay for it, it's free sir".

P.S. I own a 2011 Vento TDi.
utkarsh10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 12:23   #8395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
So today visited elite motors, Hosur Road and test driven TDI TSG Highline model.
TDI DSG? Is that available now in the Vento? I thought only Skoda had TDI DSG with the Rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
...the 2.0 engine (Pasaat etc) is going to receive a software update only. But the 1.6 engine is going to receive a software update...
Which one gets the hardware update? And do you know what the hardware is? My father has a 2014 Vento TDI.
Old 5th June 2016, 12:37   #8396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
TDI DSG? Is that available now in the Vento? I thought only Skoda had TDI DSG with the Rapid.
Yes, its DSG in diesel. I hope its TDI only and exists for at least one year.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 13:39   #8397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Yes. The TDI DSG is available in the comfortline and highline variants for some time now.

We have an ownership report for both the variants on our forum - comfortline and highline.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:46   #8398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Yes, its DSG in diesel. I hope its TDI only and exists for at least one year.
Thank you. Why hope it is TDI only? I would be glad if they sorted the niggles with the gearbox, but I think the TSI DSG combination with the 1.2 TSI engine has not had many issues reported - possibly because of the significant torque margin between the gearbox maximum capacity and engine's torque output - but it is still my dream combination and possible lateral upgrade. So I hope they continue to offer the TSI with DSG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
We have an ownership report for both the variants on our forum
Thanks for the links, I read through them both. I've been living under a rock apparently.
Old 7th June 2016, 21:09   #8399
BHPian

VW Vento 1.6 TDI 45000 Kms service report:

Complaints: Wobbling during braking - worn out brake pads.

Entry time: 10:00 am
Attended to at: 10:30 am
Delivery at 4:30 pm
Total amount: 12673 INR including both disc pads change, disc skimming and brake fluid change & their labour apart from routine.
Declined their offer for,
1. A/C disinfection
2. Windshield wash fluid
3. 3m interior/ exterior cleaning
4. WA/WB
5. New tyres ( Goodyear ) from them.
FE for the travel:( MID figures)
Neyveli to Salem -22.1 kmpl
Salem to Neyveli - 21.6 kmpl
Time taken: 2 hours 45 min for both sides for a distance of 196 kms each.
But for the brake problem, the bill would haven been on lower range of 9000+ INR.
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 10:35   #8400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
VW Vento 1.6 TDI 45000 Kms service report:
Total amount: 12673 INR including both disc pads change, disc skimming and brake fluid change & their labour apart from routine.
Do they skim the discs at authorized VW service centers? I had asked for it couple of times at VW Mount Road and they straightaway refused it, saying they are officially not allowed to do it and insisted on replacing the discs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks