Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 15:04   #8371
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

After exactly 3 years my Vento battery gave up. It died all of a sudden
Only signs I faced past 3 - 4 months was car cranking took an extra second or two.
Planning to get Amaron 60Ah as I feel its better than Exide also costs less. Anybody has fitted Amaron, your inputs will be useful.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:19   #8372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
After exactly 3 years my Vento battery gave up. It died all of a sudden
Only signs I faced past 3 - 4 months was car cranking took an extra second or two.
Planning to get Amaron 60Ah as I feel its better than Exide also costs less. Anybody has fitted Amaron, your inputs will be useful.
I have an Amaron 60Ah and it works great so far -- ofcourse it is new (4 months) so no issues so far. It fit in exactly in the same space without any challenge.

My OEM battery died after 4 years 8 months, but just like that in an hours time after the first indication, without much notice. I'd say that is good in a way - better than sputtering for a few days, keeping our hopes alive but then giving up.
Old 24th May 2016, 18:19   #8373
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys need a clarification!
I had taken delivery of my Vento TDI on December 31, 2014. Now, to purchase extended warranty for it, I was in talks with VW Salem. They mentioned the amount as 20216 INR. Now they rang up and informed that the amount is 256xx INR as the day limit has crossed 545 to avail benefit. I counted up from the delivery date and it came to as 511 only. Upon asking them about the discrepancy, the receptionist / in-charge apologised and told that they have verified again and it came within 545 days. Also, she told that for calculation of extended warranty, they would count right from booking date or the car allotment date from the company. Is it so? I am of the opinion that it would be calculated from the day of delivery. Kindly clarify guys.

Last edited by printh : 24th May 2016 at 18:20.
Old 24th May 2016, 18:22   #8374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Also, she told that for calculation of extended warranty, they would count right from booking date or the car allotment date from the company. Is it so? I am of the opinion that it would be calculated from the day of delivery. Kindly clarify guys.
She is taking a fast one on you. Any document have the 'dates' filled from delivery and NOT from booking.

Ask them to show this rule in written anywhere or their official communication, if any.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 21:43   #8375
BHPian

I had inquired for VW Vento TSI Highline at MG Road Gurgaon. They are giving a discount of 62,000 in total with an additional 17,800 for extended warranty. The on road is coming to 12.30L. Is there a possibility of getting more discount or what accessories should I bargain for.

Its a 2016 updated model.

Thanks.
Old 24th May 2016, 22:47   #8376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, she told that for calculation of extended warranty, they would count right from booking date or the car allotment date from the company. Is it so? I am of the opinion that it would be calculated from the day of delivery. Kindly clarify guys.
A car is never in our name and allowed to run unless it is delivered or registered. How can then the dealer count warranty from the date of booking? Why don't you take up the matter with Volkswagen over mail or phone and facebook?
Old 24th May 2016, 23:30   #8377
Senior - BHPian

You are correct, anything and everything to with warranties, standard or extended starts from the date of the delivery.

The dealership is just trying to make an easy 5K off you.

Quote:
Guys need a clarification!
I am of the opinion that it would be calculated from the day of delivery. Kindly clarify guys.
Old 25th May 2016, 00:04   #8378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I had inquired for VW Vento TSI Highline at MG Road Gurgaon. They are giving a discount of 62,000 in total with an additional 17,800 for extended warranty. The on road is coming to 12.30L. Is there a possibility of getting more discount or what accessories should I bargain for.

Its a 2016 updated model.

Thanks.
Hi There,

I just took the delivery today, Vento TSI AT. I was told that the maximum discount would be 62000/-, however once I sat with the chequebook I made them give me another 13000/-. You got to bargain when you decide to pay the booking amount.

I actually tried for further discount but their sales manager clearly told me that they won't be able to do any further. Made them include Mats and Mud flaps in the deal.

Also take your own Insurance to save some more bucks.

Good luck.
liferocks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 15:28   #8379
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgraded diesel engine from Volkswagen in October.

Quote:
updated 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine will now produce 108bhp instead of 103bhp. This boost in power is expected to improve overall efficiency. However, it will have the same torque figure of 230Nm.

This engine will debut in the Vento before moving on to other models like the Polo, Skoda Rapid and the Ameo compact sedan
http://www.carwale.com/news/upgraded...october-23522/
Old 25th May 2016, 20:58   #8380
BHPian

Guys, got the extended warranty certificate from the dealer through courier. The date is mentioned as 27 Nov,2014. The car invoice shows the same date. But I took delivery of the car on 31 December. I am confused. Warranty date applies to the invoiced date or the date of physical delivery ?.
Old 26th May 2016, 01:35   #8381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Warranty date applies to the invoiced date or the date of physical delivery ?.
Warranty typically starts from the date the car is registered at RTO and not invoice date or delivery date.

Ask the people at VW showroom to have it rectified asap.
Old 26th May 2016, 10:36   #8382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, got the extended warranty certificate from the dealer through courier. The date is mentioned as 27 Nov,2014. The car invoice shows the same date. But I took delivery of the car on 31 December. I am confused. Warranty date applies to the invoiced date or the date of physical delivery ?.
If the dealer is not budging, why don't you take it up with Volkswagen themselves?
Old 26th May 2016, 22:47   #8383
BHPian

My Vento TDI (2011) is due for 5th service in couple of weeks. The ODO is at ~72K. All four injectors were replaced in Sep 2015 as part of extended warranty days before it expired. I am planning to keep the car for next two years.

I would like have suggestions / recommendations from Vento TDI Owners on items that needs to be taken care during the 5th Service.

I have couple of items:
  1. Front left seat rattles. This has been there for quite some time, it is getting louder day by day.
  2. The clutch is little hard and and I feel there is bit of jerk when I start on a ramp. Not sure if this is symptom of clutch problem or it is in my mind. VW Whitefield recommended the clutch needs to be looked into during 60 K service, however VW Palace Cross, Rajajinagar SA said it is still good when I replaced the injectors in Sep 2015.
Should I request for MFMA to be done to check the health of injectors? or will the injectors last the distance.

Brake Discs and Pads were also replaced in Sep 2015, so I guess the disc should hold on for at least for another 15k.

Other than this I do not see any issues, niggles at this point.
Old 27th May 2016, 00:35   #8384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Upgraded diesel engine from Volkswagen in October.

http://www.carwale.com/news/upgraded...october-23522/
Hey Volkman

Any other updates which could be expected during the festive season? Maybe thats why the VW folks are giving discounts on the current models.
If I wait to buy a TSI it will be another 5 months!
Also for a rear parking camera the VW showroom is charging 12k. Is that fair?

Thanks.
Old 27th May 2016, 09:00   #8385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Hey --------
See this thread for the upcoming facelift of Vento,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks